Alpha Squadron

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Alpha Squadron

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Osteel on Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:21 am

Recruitment and Update Center

Welcome to the recruitment center. If you are interested in joining the Alpha Squadron, please read over the rules and fill out an application here. There are currently 1 spaces available.

For those already part of Alpha Squadron, your on board HUD command can be found here.

----------Notice Board----------------
1. If anyone wants to help revamp the game engine, let me know!
2. If you know of active and interested RP'ers, show them the thread!

---------------------------

Pilot Roster

Alpha 4 - Wingman KIA
    Name: Shadow Graves
    Alpha 6 - Wingman KIA
    Name: Owen Ramsey

Hanger

Welcome to the Hanger!
This is where you can have our engineers work on your ships. We can do a number of things such as upgrades, repairs or weapon restocking, so let us know. Below is the list of prices we charge, thanks for doing business!

Repairs
    We charge 10 credits for ever 1 point of HP restored.

Restock
    Missiles - 50 credits per missile restocked, max 6.
    Chaff - 25 credits per chaff restocked, max 3.

Upgrades
    We simply charge the upgrade level you are going to times 100. For example, to upgrade you shield to level 3, it will cost you 300 credits.

The rising sun from the morning came into view as the members of Alpha Squadron passed over the low mountain. It was early, but they were on told to gear up and head out. Flying their X-38 Phantoms, they headed north-west awaiting their orders from HQ. These phantoms were known all over Lisaar for their maneuverability which helped win countless battles. Alpha Squadron was also known for their well trained pilots who served in the past war between their home land of Lisaar and the ruthless nation of Naro to the west. What divided the two was the enormous mountain ranges, which the Naro attempted to invade.

However, many years have passed, and the two nations, although not officially at peace, have left each other alone to rebuild their countries ...

~ You guys awake? , it was the commander's voice that came over the headset, it was time for the briefing.

~ Well HQ doesn't want it's top pilots to become lazy, so they set up a little training exercise to keep you from getting rusty

Within the Phantoms, an on board screen came to life. It showed a satellite image of the surrounding area in which they were flying, still within the green zone and well away from the 'no fly zone' of the mountain ranges. Not only due to a the cease fire, but also due to the countless number of planes that were lost just due to crashing into them alone.

~ You will be approaching the 'enemy' within the next few minutes, we need you to intercept and destroy these targets before they leave the fire zone. That is, if they manage to leave your combat grid alive, you can consider the mission over!

Once you arrive at your target, I will update your on board computers with the necessary combat grid, as well as the mission objectives and enemy statistics. I suggest you take this time to catch up with each other, it has been a while since you all flew together after all ...

Good to have you back Alpha Squadron, and good luck, over and out ~
, and with that the intercom went dead.

(( Okay, so we are now in-flight. Each person will have a chance to post before we actually reach the drones. Take this time to make an introductory post and whatnot, and then we'll get under way. Since we're no in combat, you don't have to post in order. Hope this works, thanks for playing! ))
Last edited by Osteel on Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:14 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Osteel
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Alpha Squadron

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Min-no-ko on Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:43 pm

Allix dipped and swerved, sticking her tongue out at the mouthpeice of her headset, since the earpeice would be anatomically impossible.

Been away for them at least, she thought, careening in a rather signature showy style, the one her superiors told her she would eventually have to drop if she wanted to live through a real battle. She hadn't been in the last war- if she had that would have meant her graduation at 8 at oldest, and that was young, even for a genius of her standing.

Her uniform felt scratchy and it was beginning to bother her, and she bit her lip before a complaint could make it's way out of her throat. She'd already gotten plenty of punishments for her whining- it was only her skill that kept her on the starter line for a battle situation, should there ever be one.

Like. . .really, ever. She rolled her eyes as she veered towards the training dummy.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Uchiha Min-no-ko
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brovo on Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:08 pm

Marcus sighed as he looked out the glass, having done all of this before. Many times before. He watched as one of the other Fighters kept doing random acrobatic moves, that was rather unussual, but not unexpected. Marcus then smiled, that meant that at least one of his Squadmates was something more then an over-serious prick who has issues with anyone who dares to do anything but follow regulations all day long. Regulations. More like guidelines to Marcus. He would break them if it would better serve himself and the Squad.

Marcus then watched as the Acrobatic Aircraft veered off towards the Training dummies, and within an instant Marcus already spotted a stupid move. Always report your going to attack something, so that way your allies know where you are so that they can back you up in an instant. Marcus thought to himself before saying in his calm, Military voice. "I'm going in with our Acrobat here." With that, he veers off to a possition where he can support his Acrobatic Ally. Marcus hesitates a moment longer on the Radio, then finishes off with his regular tone of voice. "Last one to kill has to pay for drinks." Marcus smiles to himself. He knew that they couldn't drink any alcohol while on duty, Then again.. Friendly Compition was always something that Marcus Craved.
I only teach those willing to learn.

Brovo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:18 pm

"All craft, form up in a line abreast on me. Three, knock off the acrobatics." Karl said calmly. If the pilots followed his orders, which they should, they's all form up in a line on the same level and heading, with him holding the left side, then the others off to as right in numerical order. The new guy would be on the far end and the kid in the middle. "Five, we'll take you up on that offer." Karl kept his airplane on a straight and level course to towards the training drone. "We'll wait till everyone has a target lock, then loose all of our missiles at once. Then we break formation and engage at will."
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

PanzerJedi
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:50 pm

Artemis felt that the exercise was a waste of time as far as their skills were concerned. He knew well that all of the squad members were superb aces, immune to simply "getting rusty". No, he knew the point of the exercise was to make sure the bond between them was still strong and they could work together. Artemis also had some thoughts about this, but decided now was not the best time to think them. After all, he had his orders and was already on the air. He flew up into position in the most efficient manner possible. His personality and his flying skills were totally separate.

"Alpha 2 in position, Flight Leader. Missiles ready to lock and fire on your order." Said Artemis in a crisp and clear voice over the intercom. He then immediately began running models and calculations in his head and on the ship's computer to estimate the possible outcomes of the exercise. Artemis liked to be ready for any situation when he was up in the sky.

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:07 am

Shadow flew in close to Alpha 3 and fliped his fighter over hers "Hows that for sweet moves cutie" he said to A3.
"And I'll take you up on those drinks 5 after all I'll have them all gone before you can say anything."

Shadow then made a flip under A3's fighter and stayed about an inch from her wing. It was strange though that he could talk so clear when in a jet and near her but without the jets and on the ground he was always lost for words. Her looks and brains just kept him in awe. But in the sky all he saw was a jet not her pretty face that tied up his tounge.
"I pledge allegiance to Max and the power for which she stands"
-Chloe Price

Butterfly Effect
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:34 pm

Happy?

Owen facepalmed himself with a gloved right hand; those fucking idiots in the squad were at it again. He placed his gloved hand back on the military joystick, and complied with Alpha Leader's command. His jet pulled up and lurched forward in a five-second burst of afterburner, taking position four wing-lengths from Alpha tThree. The farther he was from that idiot pulling tricks, the better.

He saw Alpha Four was dangerously close to scraping the tailfin off himself and Alpha Three. Usually, Owen was a permissive fellow; but this entirely different. Alpha Four wasn't just being acrobatic, he was being plain fucking suicidal. Flicking on the 'talk' function of his mouthpiece with a quick hand movement, he began yelling angrily into the mouthpiece.

"Alpha our! Get into formation, pay attention, and get the fuck away from Alpha-Three! This isn't the time for flirting, dammit!"

With that over, he cracked a little angry smile at Marcus's remark. "You beat me at this, and the next three rounds are coming from my pay! I kick your ass, like I will, you pay for 'em. Offer?" Our course, this offer wasn't going to go either way; if Owen had anything to do with it. And it didn't even mention the rest of Alpha Flight!

Kronos
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Osteel on Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:47 pm

~Okay enough chit-chat, the commander was on the intercom again, they were nearing the target location,'we're hear now, so listen up!'

The screens in front of the pilots lit up as the combat grid came to life.

'~Alright time for a little review! This is your combat grid, the black dots are you the red dots are your targets numbered by call sign. For now, you have open sky all around you so you won't have to worry about smashing into things, except each other. So please, for the sake of all things sacred, pay attention where you're flying!

The mission objective is stated at the top of your grid, in this case you must prevent the drones from leaving the combat space. They will be flying off south-east, so stop them before they get away, and good luck Alpha Squadron. Let's show HQ why you're still the best pilots around, over and ---

Oh by the way, I'm putting a little restriction on weapons. No missiles are allowed to be fired during this mission, close range guns only. Over and out!~'

And with that, the intercom crackled dead. It was Alpha Squadrons first mission. A simple one, but a mission nonetheless. Time to get started!

Combat Grid

Enemy Stats (all shared)

Drone:

HP [100]
Shield [1]
Engine [2]

(( OOC: okay,I know I've said this 100 times, but a few things to remember now it's finally arrived:
    1. Post in call-sign order, and PLEASE post regularly. Remember, three strikes and you're out.
    2. When firing, specify which target, when I move the drones, I will post their HP's so you know which as what. But for now, they're all at 100.
    3. Remember, post your moves and stuff as well, and try to visualize. I will update the map after each round.
    4. Keep in mind this is a Roleplay, so you're still expected to RP this. So let's make good quality posts, with character development and interaction.
    5. GOOD LUCK, remember this is a tester, so let's keep positive!

By the way Kronos ... harsh? And please, don't shoot each other, I had the scary thought you were implying you were going to do something like that haha. We're friends. :)

Okay, last thing. If anyone is a Fantasy RP'er here, I've also developed an RP for three people that is played like an RPG game. Story, but battles as well with weapons and stuff. ))

Osteel
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:00 am

"Roger that command," Karl said over the intercom, "You heard him Alphas, no missles. Flight three, head to the north-east to intercept. Flights one and two, head straight in and engage as soon as you are able." Following his own orders, Karl opened up on the throttle, engaging afterburners breifly. He flew primarily north, heading slightly east to respond to the predicted movement of the drones. He headed straight in, but kept himself ready to move evasively if needed. He knew these drones had no weapons systems, but still, it was better to be safe than sorry.

------------------------------------------

Action: Boost [up two / right one / up two]

Alpha 1:

HP [100]
Shield [1]
Engine [3]
Guns [2]
Target[4]

Credits: 200
Missles: 6
Chaff :3

----------------------------------------

((Just for clarification, Flight One is led by Alpha One and consists of Alphas One and Two. Flight Two is led by Alpha Three and Consists of Alphas Three and Four. Flight Three is led by Alpha Five and Consists of Alphas Five and Six))

PanzerJedi
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:01 pm

"Alpha 2 acknowledges the orders Alpha 1. Preparing to mobilize." Artemis's clear crisp "mission" voice sounded over the sound channel. Artemis was still very bored with the exercise but now that direct orders had been given to begin, his feelings came secondary. He decided to give it his all anyways because the faster they got done, the faster he could go back to HQ and knock down a few brewskies with his HQ MP buddies. It was always good to befriend the MP's to obtain some "liberties" on base. Artemis might seem like a rule stickler on the air, but when the mission was over, it was a whole different story. Artemis hit up the throttle and engaged the afterburners. The aircraft immediately zoomed forward and Artemis swore he could feel the raw power of the engines despite the inertial dampeners. He silently thanked the heavens for the fact they did not have to pay for their own fuel, because that would make them all go bankrupt. After executing his move, Artemis flew on Alpha 1's right wing, extending their reach eastward to prevent the drones from slipping by in that direction.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action: Boost [Up three / Right one / Up one

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alpha 2

HP [100]
Shield [1]
Engine [3]
Guns [2]
Target[4]

Missiles: 6

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Min-no-ko on Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:03 pm

"On it, Alpha 1," Allix said, biting the inside of her cheek as she tried to ignore the proximity the other pilot. She was glad that Owens had told him to knock it off- and she sped up a bit to allow some room for maneuveration, heading quickly for the target and turning her thoughts to the task at hand, repressing an eager grin.

Admittedly, she'd been a bit disappointed that she hadn't received special orders, but just heading in for the fight was more like her anyway.
--------------------
Action: Boost [up one, right one, up three]
--------------------
HP [100]
Shield [1]
Engine [3]
Guns [2]
Target[4]

Last edited by Uchiha Min-no-ko on Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Uchiha Min-no-ko
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Butterfly Effect on Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:03 am

"Alpha 4 on course. By the way yall sure do know now to ruin a guy's fun. When that little trick of mine saves you asses someday you'll beg for forgiveness" Said Shadow as turned his jet in front of A5 and headed to A3's right side.
Shadow set his jet close but too close to A3. Just like his name Shadow always tried to be near A3 in battle. He would never forgive himself if anything happened to her.
--------------------
Action: [i]Boost [right one, up four][i]
--------------------

HP [100]
Shield [1]
Engine [3]
Guns [2]
Target[4]

Butterfly Effect
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Helmsman Arc Warden Storyteller Novelist Property Buyer Lifegiver Beta Tester

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brovo on Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:17 am

Observing the rather unstable formation they had made, Marcus recieved his orders and right before he could respond, he watched as Alpha Four turned himself where he would collide with Marcus. Marcus reacted quickly, immediatly pulling the control stick up and right to avoid a mid-air collision. Hitting his Boosters he immediatly yells into the communications. "ALPHA 4 YOU SUICIDAL IDIOT! WATCH WHERE YOUR GOING!" He watched as he quickly seperated with the main group. His Eyes kept darting both to the Radar and to the direct line of sight towards the Drones.

He had to make sure that he would hit them at precisely the right angle, although this all felt a bit too much "By the Book." Sure, this strategy was a classic one, but was it seriously worth it? Not only did it take some of the punch out of the Squadron, but it prevented him and Alpha 6 from actually attacking any target for a few more precious seconds. Speaking about that, What was Alpha 1 thinking anyway? Everyone attacking the same target!? That almost seemed like a waste of firepower, they should attack in groups of two. That sounded more logical than this crap he had to put up with. Oh well. At least if anyone is going to take shit for doing so poorly at this training exercise it'll be the good ol' Alpha 1 that takes the fall. At least Marcus could look forword to that.

----------------------
Action: Boost right two, up one, right one.
----------------------

Alpha 5

HP [100/100]
Shield [level 1]
Engine [level 3]
Guns [level 2]
Target [level 4]

Missiles: 6/6
Chaff: 3/3
Last edited by Brovo on Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Brovo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:55 pm

"Alpha One, roger that, Alpha Six is moving into position. Alpha Six, over."

Owen jammed his control joystick to a 45 degree angle in tandem with Marcus, veering diagonally to the right in order to avoid his comrade's swerve. This was the second damn time Alpha Three had screwed up, him and Alpha Four was pulling his usual crap. Only Alpha One and Five, the reasonable people, seemed to know just what the fuck they were doing. Alpha was exempt from Owen's praise, though. Something just oozed from that boy, something than Owen just hated; maybe it was his cocksure tone of voice.

"Oy, watch those afterburners! You only have so much fuel and no drop tanks! Alpha Six, over."

Owen glanced at his HUD, and then his radar, getting a sense of just where he was in comparison to the drone aircraft. The radar placed them at a couple thousand meters, just far enough for green targeting reticules, aided by passive tracking, to pop up on his HUD. As he veered his fighter to the left, and targeting reticules slid across the holographic display, allowing him to keep a sense of their location in relation to his. With all the Technology command put into these fighter craft, loosing was solely the fault of the pilot, or non-existent overwhelming enemy superiority.

Action: Boost [Right Two, Up One, Right One, Up One]

HP [100]
Shield [1]
Engine [3]
Guns [2]
Target[4]

Kronos
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Mission 1 - Round 2

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Osteel on Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:46 pm

(( Haha wow, I have nothing to write. They are drones after all ... don't worry, I'll add something interesting next round. Just thought up something ... stay alert :) ))

Osteel
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:41 pm

"4 and 6, cut the chatter, and 4 watch where your going." Karl snapped out over the intercom. He was trying to focus on the mission at hand and having his squadron arguing like children wasn't helping anything. "Flight three, move to intercept. Flights one and two, engage the enemy. Focuss all fire on a single drone. Once it's taken down move on to the next." He realized that some of the squadron might not agree with or like this strategy, but one planes guns wasn't enough to take down an enemy by themself. Focussing all fire one drone would take it down faster. Cutting off the afterburners Karl went straight in at the drone in front of him, the one the computer designated as 4, and fired his gun. Unfortunately the stream of bullets he unleashed flashed past the left side of the drone. Only a few rounds hit the edge of it's wing, doing very little damage.

Action: Move: Action: [up three] Fire:[Enemy4] - Success - [1 Damage]

Alpha 1:

HP [100]
Shield [1]
Engine [3]
Guns [2]
Target[4]

PanzerJedi
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dashmiel on Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:50 pm

"Alpha 1, that strategy is nearly impossible to pull off. The drones aren't stationary and we can't quite position ourselves to perform that strategy. I respectfully suggest you re-consider, but since we are in the middle of a mission, I will make the move that I deem the most prudent. Alpha 2 moving in to incercept Drone 2." Said Artemis in his measured mission voice. He was trying to think the best way to do the mission without disobeying the orders but he simply could not find a way for the two to coincide. He understood the logic in all of them focusing their fire on a single drone, but it was simply not very executable. Artemis stopped thinking about it and just did what he thought best. He eased up on the afterburner and got closer to the first drone. He could see the shiny coat of paint of their tax dollars at work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action: Move: [ Up three ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alpha 2

HP [100]
Shield [1]
Engine [3]
Guns [2]
Target[4]

Dashmiel
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Min-no-ko on Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:17 am

"I have to agree with Alpha 2, sir," Allix said into her microphone, "The drones aren't stationary, and if we all target the same one it'll give four out of six a better chance to escape, as flight three will also only be targetting one. There are six drones, and we should each be able to take down our own."
Following Artemis's lead, she flew towards Drone One, stomach doing flip-flops. It's only a training mission. . . they won't kick me out for that will they?

After all her hard work, surely she hadn't blown that many chances.

-----------
Action: Boost [up three, right one, up one]
-----------

Alpha Three:

HP [100]
Shield [1]
Engine [3]
Guns [2]
Target[4]

----

EDIT: Typo fixed. Thanks to everyone for noticing it. :D
Last edited by Uchiha Min-no-ko on Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uchiha Min-no-ko
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brovo on Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:34 pm

Marcus smiles inwardly as he heard Alpha 2 and 3 disobeying Alpha 1's bad orders. So he wasn't the only one who noticed the error in command, after all. Marcus hits the Booster one more time to get into the perfect strafe possition. In a calm, almost command-like tone of voice, Marcus says. "Alpha 6, just hit the booster and go straight. We will be in the perfect possition to do an attack directly at the front of the Drone formation. Also, lets try to attack the same target to maximize our efficiency and damage." Marcus says this as he hits the Booster himself, he couldn't hit the Booster button forever, but in a few seconds he would be within the heat of battle.. No.. Not a battle.. More like a Massacre if those were real Jets with real Pilots.

-------------------------------
Action: Boost up five.
-------------------------------

Alpha 5

HP [100/100]
Shield [level 1]
Engine [level 3]
Guns [level 2]
Target [level 4]

Brovo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:30 am

"Roger that Alpha-Five; I've got radar paints on drone number five, over." Owen responded to Alpha Five's command, and instead of maneuvering through the battlespace, simply hit his boosters, bringing him closer to the amassed drones. He felt the afterburners kick in again, hurtling his fighter through the sky. The active tracking locks, displayed as the aforementioned black bars intersecting the reticules floating in his HUD, added another lay of definition in the form of green outlines over the black, signifying his weapons were locked onto a specific target. "Damn I love this wireless system... Transmitting radar paints to you now."

Action: Boost up five.

Alpha 6

HP [100/100]
Shield [level 1]
Engine [level 3]
Guns [level 2]
Target [level 4]

Kronos
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!