Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Remind Me Who I Was: Stand By Me

Q&A's and important stuff to know

a part of “Remind Me Who I Was: Stand By Me”, a fictional universe by Hero_of_Time.

An interactive role play in which the characters create the plot. They started off as children and over time created bonds,had adventures, and discovered themselves through one another....but that all changed

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Remind Me Who I Was: Stand By Me”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Q&A's and important stuff to know

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hero_of_Time on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:17 am

Scarlett_Rose wrote:Link to role play: Remind Me Who I Am: Stand By Me

Link to original role play: Stand By Me

:)

What is the plot?
Remind Me Who I Was: Stand By Me has no plot, per say. It is an interactive role play in which the characters create the problems, solutions, relationships, and overall story line . Our characters are basically living life, and something like that just isn't premeditated...no matter how hard we try to make it.

This is a "part two" of Scarlett's role play "Stand By Me". She is the Co-GM.

How should I make my character?
Your character is in high school. In your profile make them between 15-18, but remember to add a section regarding their childhood. We know some of you were not apart of Stand by Me, but we still want to see how your character has changed :)

All relationships (of any kind) will be decided in the OOC, so please, only put information about your character in your sheet

Where does this role play take place?
In a small town in the US. Where exactly? Well, that's for us to decide in the OOC before we get things started!

Will this be limited?
As much as it pains me to do so, yes, this role play will have a limit on players accepted. Although you can create however many characters you are able to handle, I just can't have too many different thoughts and ideas going into this. I have to ensure my dedicated role players are receiving the attention and responses they deserve.

I will allow a maximum of eight role players at this time.

How will you accept players?
This is the most important process, and yes, I can be picky when selecting. I will choose my role players on the bases of four categories:
Literacy. I can not stress this enough. I am extremely tired of reading short and choppy sentences. Not everyone can write five-eight paragraph responses, and that is perfectly fine, but I promise you, it is possible to write an amazing post with a minimal of three paragraphs if you know how.

* Commitment. It doesn't matter how many role players I have, everyone plays an important part. I beg you, if you join this role play, stick it out through the end...or at least tell us if you will no longer participate.

And yes, I will be looking to see if you are active in the OOC

*Willingness to come up with ideas of your own within reason. Do not play your character(s) off of another. Be creative.

*Imagination. That pretty much speaks for itself.

Lastly, incomplete profiles that are submitted will not be accepted...there will be no exceptions. Mine is incomplete, but I was forced to based on the need to create one in a hast to post another thread :)

Will there be limits to what can happen?
Of course. Your character can not be the center of attention at all time, nor can they be "perfect". This is life, let's keep things realistic. I know bad things happen, but please do not make your character a sob story.

Is romance a factor in this role play?
I'm sure romances will work their way into a plot, but once again keep it realistic. I urge dating among the group, as well as outsiders. There is no "forever" from childhood til death, at least not in this role play.

They will be break ups, betrayal, love triangles...or squares, and anything else you can think of. Do not have a fit if your "love interest" moves on to another sometimes or just ends things. THIS IS ABOUT LIFE and it does happen
[/quote]

As for profiles: We want to see creativity. There is no guide, so go crazy! The more the better!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hero_of_Time
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Q&A's and important stuff to know

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hero_of_Time on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:24 am

Since the OOC can get crazy, please, post all important questions, issues, and notifications here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hero_of_Time
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hdspencer14 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:19 pm

Why wasn't my character accepted? Just not appropriate for the roleplay? Or was it not written well enough?
Realize the impotence of proof reading everything you publish.

hdspencer14
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hero_of_Time on Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:39 pm

hdspencer14 wrote:Why wasn't my character accepted? Just not appropriate for the roleplay? Or was it not written well enough?

We are not finished reviewing profiles

I believe yours was Luke? He was just accepted into the role play :)

Everyone please note:

If you have noticed you profile has been accepted, then begin posting in the OOC.

If yours has not, but you have not received notification you have been denied, give us until tomorrow. We are still accepting profiles as of now until Tuesday, April 2 12:00 AM

Hero_of_Time
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jakomocha on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:04 am

Is my character going to be checked tomorrow?

jakomocha
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scarlett_Rose on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:52 pm

Wednesday, haha

Well I have the approved names but they will not be added to the role play until tomorrow on account of Hero being away _-_

Everyone: Take this time to tweak your profiles! PM me if you wish to know your status. I won't be making it public.

As for my accepted role player: Lets see you in the OOC :D

Scarlett_Rose
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!