Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

And So It Lives...

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

If you have something you want to present to the entire community, post it here.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jack on Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:34 am

Haha, I think Hilde's hit the nail on the head there. On the first account on this not being another dragging forum rpg which will turn out like a chump-grade invisionfree crap. Allthough we've allready sircum that a chat is needed for optimum activeness.

And about Roy not knowing, Hilde is right, it is his own fault to loose rights to know about this. Im sure he'll know when we advertise in animemetro about it coming back. XD . I'd like him to sue us out of that one, we're not stealing anything copyrightable. So really, we'll just have a really annoyed guy who owns a couple of dead sites.

(PS: I would like to see him trying to fucking spam this site up with hate XDD.

Roy: Boo, this is condituity at its best you lot of dog spanglers!
Anyuser: Who is this chump? Get the fuck outta my sight you peice of dog shit!
Roy: Yes sir... *sobs*

Atually I for one would like to see that happen.)
"Is than an unfair advantage?"
"Yes"
"But im worth it ;D"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jack
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:33 am

Roy got caught up in other stuff. AnimeMetro.com is pretty much his job, and I suppose he needed to make money too. That resulted in the neglect that many of us members resent so much. I won't hate Roy for what he did because again, he can do whatever he wants to do with his site. I do feel disappointed with the results though. It's a bitter sweet moment to see the inevitable end of something we've put so much effort into over the past years, and now the beginning of a new era. It's like the birth of a new baby.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jack on Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:42 pm

Haha, and the baby's name shall be G-wing.

Jack
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Treize Khushrenada on Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:25 pm

This should be interesting...

Treize Khushrenada
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jack on Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:10 pm

Trieze Khushrenada wrote:This should be interesting...

How many times have I heard that from you Trieze? Good to see you taking part here.
[/list]

Jack
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:12 pm

Sad though I am to say it, I highly doubt Roy will even log into this site (sad, because I agree with Milliardo, I'd love to see peoples' reaction to him. xD)

But that's only one downside, which is innoticeable to the fact that soon enough, we'll have some semblance of GWC back. If I could, I'd hug Master for doing this. >_>. But this stupid monitor's in my way.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:14 pm

I have already confessed my deepest love to Eric.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:48 pm

Good to know I am loved by someone... even if it IS a guy...

Nah, I'm kidding. Roy? I have no bitter feelings towards him. He does what he can, when he can. Sinful is correct. The original plan was to finish everything, get to launch, and then let him find it by whatever means of God bring it to him, so that he doesn't see an unfinished product. What would be worse, a half-baked site imitating work of yours, or a fully finished impoved version?

Honestly, you could say either one. But personally, as an Administrator, I don't like products that are unfinished. Granted, many of the modifications I have installed are in Beta, Alpha, and even Pre-Alpha stages, every single one of them is functional to a degree that is acceptable for use in a live environment. Sure, you guys here in beta saw a lot of things that were not working and often broken, but even those problems were reviewed before I even put anything up.

I should be awake until the wee hours of launch day, activating the site. At 3:30 PM today, I woke up from a sleep that began at 9:00 this morning. Previously to that, I was awake neary 48 hours, working on nothing but 2 hours of intermittent sleep. There's going to be a lot of little surprises that you guys find after launch, I will say that much.

Aware of the hype about the fact that I have acquired the original source code for the chat, I have to tell you the facts. As much as I want the chat to be functional here at launch, it may not quite be here, and if it doesn't make it, it should be here by the end of the first week of activity on the site. The source code HAS been modified, it is simply a matter of getting the completed files to me. Have no fear, it is near.

For the rest of the day, I will be preparing the site for launch. Have a wonderful time, folks.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:59 pm

This is so old-school that it's awesome! Time for us oldies to get back together and wreak comedic havoc whereever it thrives!!!

:)

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

ha ha

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:19 pm

To go back to everything...

IT LIVES! BY GOODNESS SHALL IT...DUN DUN...it lives...yes...

I am getting this warm fuzzy feeling that I stomped out awhile ago. >_> You people are bad...bad...that feeling shall stay hidden though...for now...

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby King of Band Aids on Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:25 pm

I guess we could always see if this works out, but I'm already a little wary of it.

King of Band Aids
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:04 pm

Well, as an active admin, I'm going to try to make things interesting.

Is there anything that you would like to see here, to make it more interesting?

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:19 pm

Lol...don't mind her, she is just easily distracted...o_o;

But...you can...do that stripping things, you did awhile back, long awhile ago. >_> Not as in you bring the thing back but you alone doing it. :)

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:51 am

What's even better is that you can curse reasonably in the unrated forums.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:49 pm

The point of the rating system is to avoid pathetically useless topics like the one above. Profanity in moderation is fine when it is used COHERANTLY. However useless garbage thrown out there for no other purpose than YOUR self satisfaction, which doesn't contribute at all towards the site's discussion or role play, isn't needed here. Eric already made it clear that the primary concern of Gwing.net is role play.

There is a reason for Eric's insanity. Don't always assume your perspective is the only correct one.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:03 pm

Damn...its not home till we begin to fight about everything. :)

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:50 pm

Yeah, it's like being with your family, you just have to fight about everything, fight with your superiors over things you don't have control of, argue with your equals over things that don't really matter, and loom over your inferiors to make you feel powerful. :roll:

Standard forum procedure. Love it or leave it! =)

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:20 pm

Yeah, humored. =P

Not trying to make this into a fight, I am just clarifying some things.

In any case, as stated below.

1) GundamWing.com was largely based around/within a message board. (Hello? There was no message board.)

I never said it was. It's even recognized within the people here.

"If there was a forum when you came, this doesn't apply to you."

2) GundamWing.com provided users with a strict role playing environment.

No, but if you are implying that this is a strict RP environment, again, you are wrong. We're just taking our step to prevent things like:

Eric: -=pulls his mega ultra high powered variable beam cannon, and puts a massive amount of his ki into it=-
Dan: -=Pulls his own super hyper mega particle hyper super uber mega particle cannon, thus owning him automatically, because it kills in one hit, and there is no dodge hahahaha=-

Yeah.

3) Friendly, unfriendly ooc discussions weren't permitted unless heavily SUPERVISED/MODERATED. (LOL?!??!!!)

Heavily supervised and/or moderated? I'm only editing because they are G rated forums. As I've said before, there are no global mods. They cause too many problems. Only the Admins can mod here. Do you have a problem with any of us?

Cheers.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:34 pm

I never said it was. It's even recognized within the people here.

There's been a few people around this place talking about forums when GW.com was just an info and chat site at the time, which I believe Jewbie is referencing to.

There was no AnimeMetro or Forum way back in the day, though there are some of those here who think there was at the time.

There's like one or 2 people that I know of in the Private forum mentioning something about a message board, but that came a year or so after GW.com's chat initially went down - and they seem to be linking it to GW.com and not AM.

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:17 pm

I guess what I mean to say is, if this site is going to be anything like the last, it should be more than just a roleplaying community, it should be a place for GW.com veterans and newcomers to gather and socialize.

Yep. We have a specific forum for that. I believe it was one of the first I created, too.

THAT, I understand. This isn't an IC forum though, so the same rules shouldn't apply. :d

What does that have to do with this? It's not strict in the IC forums, it's not strict in the OOC forums. Most of the IC forums are unrated, you are unlimited there. OOC forums are ONLY edited to keep things somewhat clean for anyone under the age of 18. Most veterans should be almost 18 if not 18. We don't want someone's parents looking over their shoulder to see... ah... stuff like that. It's just a precaution.

Anyway, is there a topic pertaining to the forum 'ratings.' If there is, you should make it more accessible to the community, as in make it available within each forum, because I honestly had no clue what the G stood for.

Already done. It has been for a while. The link is in the forum rules topic.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.