Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

And So It Lives...

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

If you have something you want to present to the entire community, post it here.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:33 pm

Zach_Rendar wrote:Yeah, it's like being with your family, you just have to fight about everything, fight with your superiors over things you don't have control of, argue with your equals over things that don't really matter, and loom over your inferiors to make you feel powerful. :roll:

Standard forum procedure. Love it or leave it! =)

woah...do i sense some sarcasm from Mike?

My goodness gracious...

~Don''t get too excited, because then you wouldn't be so dissappointed and let down when it turns out to not be the way you want

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:48 am

Damn it, ANOTHER one of my posts get deleted. You guys are no fun. :P

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:08 am

I’ll ignore the other posts and use the one that was directed towards me, personally.

Firstly, it's spelled "extraordinarily." I spellchecked my post, however like I said in another topic, it wasn't working properly. Or at least it wasn't working for me at the time. I work two jobs, go to school, and manage sports + a social life of much larger proportions than you would expect, which I’m sorry to say is more important than you. I did that post, another much longer post, and shared a small portion of the burden Eric has to deal with as admin of the site while doing (real life) office work in about the very first hour or two that I was awake. I don't need your sneering comments to try and insult my intelligence. I know what I'm capable of, and obviously you're not perfect either. Get off your high horse. I didn't have time to double check my posts. Sorry?

Secondly, for someone who dissected my simple post so thoroughly to bring out your theory on what I meant, you seemed to have failed to have read the very first words of my post. You like quoting me, you always have, so here we go.

The point of the rating system is to avoid pathetically useless topics like the one above.

Wow, subject matter right there, huh? Didn't have to look so hard. I guess my use of the word “topics” instead of “posts” flustered you so much that it slipped your mind.

...was designed to humor the true Administrator of this site.

I didn't realize your entertainment, or even the admin's, was excuse enough for breaking the rules. I suppose Eric can do what he wants, but I was just doing my job? Sorry if that's so offensive to you. Since Eric himself had previously censored a post by you, my assumption to do the same wasn't so far off from the ballpark now was it? So how do these two quotes relate? Well, you ASSUMED that my post was a slam on you for not agreeing with your ideas and taking your post too seriously. However, had you not fried a brain cell thinking so hard about what I said, you might have noticed that I was slandering your pointless use of obscenities.

So it might've seemed stated, but the truth is it was implied, do you all plan to cry because I slandered a group of UN-NAMED individuals?

Did I say that? No, but look. You assumed again. I guess that's just human nature. So what did I REALLY say?

Profanity in moderation is fine when it is used [sic]COHERANTLY.

…which doesn't contribute at all towards the site's discussion or role play, isn't needed here. Eric already made it clear that the primary concern of Gwing.net is role play.

Hmm... I don't think I ever "cried" about your "slandering a group of un-named individuals." It seems to me here that I'm more concerned about promoting role play where it belongs. When I think Gundamwing, the last thing on my mind is "Oh, yeah. I really want to increase the size of my E-[woodpecker]" or the like. I'm sure you're vast level of superior intelligence can understand the point behind my example. And maybe actually having posts regarding the topic matter would be decent. Wow, isn't that a neat concept? Posts that actually discuss the topic... I guess that only happens in Utopia. Oh, I know! What about having role play sections and non-role play sections SEPERATED like we do now? Wow, that way I don't have some idiot screaming "I like cheese" in the middle of the election drama. Hmm, that seems to foster the idea and concept of a role playing website.

As for site discussion, what does that include? Do you even know?

Um… Maybe it has something to do with any discussion... On the web site? It's just a hunch, but I think I might be in the right ballpark. Please, use your immensely overbearing brain to figure this one out for me. In all seriousness, maybe it wasn't meticulously worded with just the perfect thesaurus words to convey full emotion and thought, but I really doubt it was that difficult for you to understand the meaning behind the simple sentences I used. If you're still confused, I was talking about staying on topic. Clear enough?

The next time you feel a resolve is required, ask yourself if you really understand the idea behind my posts and whether your regard for my posts is genuine or if you're just assuming a position of ineptitude.

Where do you think I'm going with this whole post? Maybe you should reflect on your own advice. Eric took care of the rest except the following.

Don't waste your time trying to further coerce agreement or compliance, as I'm an inexorable textual God, incapable of concern for the ignorance of single-track minded fools!11 Perhaps in a few days you'll realize how stupid your words were, SinfulSoul, and if not, you'll remain a pitiable schmuck. :d

Is this where your brain tries to consume me? Take your "textual Godliness" somewhere else. I'm sure you'll impress someone eventually. Sorry, the 1337 1's for exclamation points were a turn-off for me. There are many men in the sea for you to choose from, though. Just don't let the massive weight of your brain crush your poor little neck. Most men hate women without necks.

If you’re going to further address this to me, make a flame topic where it belongs; otherwise leave me out of it. I don’t have anymore time to waste on this; otherwise I would’ve done a more thorough response to all of your posts. The flaws in one post were just too numerous. You’re not perfect, don’t expect it from me either.

By the way, I used Word as an alternative for spell check and grammar check. I hope this more eloquent word choice and sentence structure meets your high expectations.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:25 am

Alright, all of you cool down. We don't need a split right here. If you guys have any further disagreements, take it to the Flame Wars forum or something? Oh, and settle it in a civilized manner, if you would.

I don't want to piss anyone off, unnecessarily.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby King of Band Aids on Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:24 pm

Fighting online is like the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still a retard.

King of Band Aids
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:01 pm

King of Band Aids wrote:Fighting online is like the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still a retard.

Thats so good, its quotable. Thats going in my sig.

Warr
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:29 pm

Warrius wrote:
King of Band Aids wrote:Fighting online is like the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still a retard.

No; that's so over-used, it's laughable.

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:10 am

Senor_Fun wrote:
Warrius wrote:

No; that's so over-used, it's laughable.

[uber-flame/diss]LIKE YOU FACE!!! [/uber-flame/diss]

Warr
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HELLFISH88 on Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:02 am

Fighting online is funny cause both side's always win.

HELLFISH88
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby King of Band Aids on Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:47 am

Not so. They only THINK they win.

King of Band Aids
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HELLFISH88 on Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:47 pm

Your point there Mr. Unknown?

HELLFISH88
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimBob on Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:52 pm

I love this place. But ever since classes started, my schedule's been full and I don't have time to patrol around...

I'm so tired right now even as I write this. And I've got tons of reading to do. But i shall attempt! I've missed this environment!

JimBob
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:41 am

w0rd to that and the guest is right. Lol...Its hectic at school right now for me, like today i'm up early for classes but I am happy its done at 1:40 but I have a meeting at 3:00 and work study at 4 and I plan on putting 3 hours in there. Then I have this program to go see because of the leadership committee I'm in and then...hopefully i rest. :/ Tomorrow at 3:00 off to help the sports team. Its fun...but exhausting. >_< Have to run around ALOT. :-/

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JimBob on Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:35 am

I have class in twenty minutes and am still not ready! :D

JimBob
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:19 pm

It was YOU!

:)

bwah...

<_<

Hmm...most of the active members I see that are active in metro are probably moi. :D Even though i'm not so active as I use to be.

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Falcon on Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:55 am

hey the site is looking better and better everytime i go on it, which is probably aint often :roll: still it looks like the sites is still going strong

Falcon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dark_Wing on Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:08 am

I stated this earlier under Guest, "I hope the site 'lives', but it could be harder than you think since the majority of the veterans are probably over 18 and in college." My bad I forgot to log in.

Dark_Wing
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Heero_gundam101 on Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:57 pm

ya know, when I first found the link on Masters sig i was all giddy and had this big post runnin through my head as the first post of mine on Gwing.. but after reading all i can say is...

I'm Home!

(wonders if anyone remembers him other then the few who were closely connected to Andy)

I might drop in from time to time now that i know this is out here, but dont expect to much from this old pilot.. im so rusty its not even funny anymore...

Anyways, Away i go to entertain myself while this site goes into my favorites toward the top where i can find it easier then AM.

Heero_gundam101
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversationalist Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melika on Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:50 pm

It wasn't Roy's fault, you know, that the forum on Metro became bigger than the old gundam chat. And he's not the kind of guy to pop in a flame other peeps. I don't have anything against Roy, why would I? He's given into so many demands on Metro and works to boot. Metro is only a hobby as it sure isn't capable of supporting him financially. So why dog him? He hasn't done anything deserving of that. :cry:

I'm just happy to see someone working on that old chat. I sure miss it. I even fought Master himself, though he squashed me like a lizard under a car's wheel; really fast and almost painless, lol. But it sure was fun. :D

I think a lot of the active peeps here will be those who haven't been going to metro lately and remember the good ol' days. I remember when there wasn't a register and anyone could sign in with your name to wreak havoc. Hopefully we'll have the one with the name register here, lol.
I still can't go my "Mel" in a chat. Way back when it always was Angel Melfina's nick. That sort of stuck to me. Weird, huh. ^_^

Melika
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chaos on Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:06 am

This forum is disturbingly complicated, but the chat is all good.

But you already know that.

Hope this place prospers with old users. I'll be kickin' around once in a while, but mostly in the chat.

Nice to see some old faces around.

Chaos
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.