Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Comforting soul food recipes from PGEW » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

And the Stars Revolted

And the Stars Revolted

a part of “And the Stars Revolted”, a fictional universe by The Adversary.

You are a citizen on the planet Dahl's Cradle, a world on the border of alien space. At least.. you were. When a ship comes crashing through the atmosphere, you couldn't have imagined the cargo it carried. Or what had followed it.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “And the Stars Revolted”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: And the Stars Revolted

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:40 pm

Mathew Littlepaw wrote:Heeyy! :D So, um, could I make an AI character? ^u^ That would be like, superfantasticawesomepancakes!

Sure, go right ahead. (:

Imperial Waltz made me do it.

"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things that you're going to regret. But I think we can put our differences behind us.. for science.. you monster." ~ GLaDOS, Portal 2

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Adversary
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:22 am

Welcome aboard, Richter.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Imperial Waltz
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mosswine Leader on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:17 pm

It looks like everyone wants to be an AI...That sucks cause I wanted to also. Oh well. I guess I could do the Vyras. Would that be okay?

Edit: What about a human character accompanied by an AI?
Last edited by Mosswine Leader on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mosswine Leader
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RichterGotz on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:19 pm

Thank yah Imperial! :) Yeah, I feel like if everyone plays AI, the dynamics of this RP will not play out very well.
"I have learned that Anger and Will, joined together, are the greatest Power. I have learned to meditate Anger and Will with clarity and precision, and I have learned to open the hidden reservoirs of Dark Side Power." ―Palpatine, from The Book of Anger

RichterGotz
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:50 pm

Mosswine Leader wrote:It looks like everyone wants to be an AI...That sucks cause I wanted to also. Oh well. I guess I could do the Vyras. Would that be okay?

A Vyras would be fine, that's what Imperial's planning on doing. Just bear in mind the age limit for one in this is 120. As for your other idea, that'd be cool too as long as you're willing to do a double character and all.

The Adversary
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:59 pm

Mosswine Leader wrote:It looks like everyone wants to be an AI...That sucks cause I wanted to also. Oh well. I guess I could do the Vyras. Would that be okay?

Feel free to play as a Vyras. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask on OOC or PM me directly.

Imperial Waltz
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:20 am

All right, Maya has been approved. Looks great, Life.

The Adversary
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:25 am

Yay~ my painstaking procrastination proved effective. Now I've got to stare at another word document to figure out what the hell my next character'll be.

Lifecharacter
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:26 am

Welcome aboard, Life.

Imperial Waltz
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:10 am

Aww a whole info dump just for my random questions. I'm touched.

Lifecharacter
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mosswine Leader on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:51 am

Grahh! Curse being at work. I don't have my usual tools that I'd use to fancy up my characters! Well, I have two that I plan on always sticking together. Do I still need to submit two separate character profiles or can I slap them together?

Also, how did you guys plan on starting this thing? I don't think I'm quite up to speed yet.

Mosswine Leader
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:35 am

Mosswine Leader wrote:Grahh! Curse being at work. I don't have my usual tools that I'd use to fancy up my characters! Well, I have two that I plan on always sticking together. Do I still need to submit two separate character profiles or can I slap them together?

Also, how did you guys plan on starting this thing? I don't think I'm quite up to speed yet.

Feel free to make one profile for them, I don't mind. As for starting the roleplay, I'm personally torn between two paths: Either I'll do a post that sets the scene, and let everyone establish what their characters are currently up to, or I'll just cold open it with Adamma careening down to Dahl's Cradle and basically start with the reactions. The former would lead into the latter anyway, were I to take it.

The Adversary
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mosswine Leader on Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:13 am

Ok cool.

Also, I think you could combine the two. Set up the scene and then obliterate it with a hurtling space meteor-ship. Everyone else could follow suit that way.

Mosswine Leader
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:28 am

Or.. that. Now, why didn't I-

Never mind. Yes. I'll do that. Thank you, Mosswine.

The fuck is wrong with me goddammit.

The Adversary
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mosswine Leader on Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:34 am

Glad I could help! So my characters are done except the pictures, and I don't want to submit them until that's finished. However, before I do submit them, I'd like to see if you have any changes you think I should make. May I PM them to you?

Mosswine Leader
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:35 am

Yeah, go right ahead.

The Adversary
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Adversary on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:25 pm

All righty, then! Mosswine, your character(s) have/has been approved.

Also, as a tiny note, it might just be my browser, but for some reason Clarey's image isn't showing up.

The Adversary
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RichterGotz on Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:46 pm

Yeah! This cast is looking good! I was not expected so many people to be interested in Androids. :) The dynamics between them are awesome!

RichterGotz
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mosswine Leader on Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:01 pm

It was an issue with my character, but it's fixed now. I like the dynamic between the two pictures, also. Completely unintentional, but also very cool.

This RP is looking super interesting!

Mosswine Leader
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Waltz on Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:25 pm

Welcome aboard, Mosswine. :) Your characters look great.

Imperial Waltz
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!