Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Angel....or Mutant?

Angel....or Mutant?

a part of “Angel....or Mutant?”, a fictional universe by Ichigo15.

(Open now!) You're a mutant with wings and powers. And now you are on the run. People want you to experiment on and sell for money. You want to live. In the midst of all this, a strange plan comes up that could threaten the existence of humanity...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Angel....or Mutant?”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Angel....or Mutant?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:44 pm

Okay, Fire, that was exactly what I said NOT to do. Randomly rushing off with no interaction whatsoever entirely ruins everything. If we continue like this, all that's going to happen is Sariya is going to either get terrified out of her wits and run for her life, or revert to Eins and start attacking people - one of which I'd have to do to stay in character. That would disconnect me entirely from the main group at the very start of the rp, which is decidedly something I don't want. Could you edit to at least do a little explaining before just randomly grabbing her and running off, then spontaneously appearing at a location unknown miles from where we started within the span of a couple minutes? Forcing a meeting between our characters and Marcus is just going to make things awkward, anyway. It would be better if, say, you noticed that Eins was frightened out of her senses, and so tried to calm her down for a few minutes before the klaxons kicked in inside as they realized you had escaped, and THEN you grab her and run. That way, Eins would feel safe enough not to run or try to attack you, but would still be frightened enough not to open up immediately and to have some initial awkwardness adjusting to her new situation.

There's really no need to rush character development and interaction. That just ruins the whole mood and flow of things.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firebird18 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:12 pm

sorry, dont know if you got my pm but i was rushed and i just edited it. Sorry again for the crappy post the first time around
A man had sons who were always fighting. He one day told them to get a bundle of sticks. Then, he placed the bundle into the hands of each of them and told them to break it and they were unable to do it. He then opened the bundle, took the sticks separately and again put them into his sons' hands, and they broke them easily. He said: if you are of one mind, and unite to assist each other you will be uninjured by all the attempts of your enemies but if you are divided you will be broken as easily as sticks.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Firebird18
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ceh12 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:56 pm

@Ichigo

Okay I haven't quite been able to figure out to do with CONNOR and I was basicly think the same thing just to get him flushed out by Vampires but I haven't quite gotten to figure out what to do afterwards. So if you wanna edit the post go ahead but it makes no difference to me

@everyone

also on a sidenote

STOP SPELLING CONNOR'S NAME WRONG

ImageSam, could you be any cooler?
No, guess not.

ceh12
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abridged on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:59 pm

I meant what I said guys, I'm just fine with waiting for you guys. Rather than arrive late to the party that's already taking place, I suggest (and it is just a suggestion) that maybe half a dozen vamps followed you two away from the lab. Also, I ask that we assume Marcus is standing outside the fast food joint, having just left it, before any interaction takes place. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Sariya is the type to want to go into a place like that while on the run? And it seems impractical. Much easier for them to just spot him -or him to spot them, whichever way you prefer- outside in the open.
To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing. ~ Random Fortune Cookie

Abridged
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:10 pm

Apparently, some vampires followed us, but neither Sariya or Jude seems to have noticed yet, although she has sensed your presence and alerted Jude to that. And no, Sariya wouldn't be particularly eager to go out into the open where people can see her, especially since she's currently rather frightened, so I'm guessing that things will probably turn out with Jude going to collect you and leaving Sariya hidden considering she wouldn't dare venture into the open, and even if she would, it would be pretty stupid to just let her show herself in an unfastened straight jacket/lab jumpsuit mashup with no back and her wings showing plainly through it. Of course, when she gets left alone, the Vampires will probably make their move, so I guess I'll be playing the damsel in distress to kick things off. Ah, well. Since most of my characters are action girls from the very beginning, it'll be a refreshing change of role.

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ichigo15 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:39 am

Okay guys, just glancing over the page, I'm assuming something happened? I had a party of sorts last night, and this morning, I woke up not feeling at tip top shape. Unfortunately I'm having some very prominent neck pains, and I can feel my lymph nodes swelling up which is a cause for some worry since I'm not visibly sick, and I feel internally fine. Going to the doctor tomorrow, so I might have another busy day. Sorry I wasn't here to mediate what happened, but sometimes life calls.

I'll try and get a post in, but I'm waiting for writteninshaddows to post before I go ahead and do so. I may have post before him though.

@ceh
Sorry about spelling Connors name wrong :3
Favorite Series (of all sorts, listed as acronyms in no particular order): KH, LoZ, A:TLA and LoK, Batfamily stuff, ASoIaF(GoT), Disney stuff, Skyrim (never played the rest of the Elder Scrolls), DBZ, Sailor Moon, SnK(AoT), many Cartoon Network Cartoons.

Ichigo15
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abridged on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:35 pm

I hope everything goes well for you Ichigo! I myself have had a teeerrible day at work and am looking to relax, play minecraft, and read a few posts <3 And maybe post myself today, if Firebird and Tsuk's next posts imply as such.

Abridged
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ichigo15 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:52 pm

Thanks Abridged! Got checked up by the doc today and she told me I was fine, so I definatly felt some relief. I was probably having anxiety or something along those lines...sigh

Hrm...I wonder what's going on with writteninshaddows. I don't want us to get too ahead without him even being able to post something about fighting...

Ichigo15
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abridged on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:39 pm

Glad to hear it.

Also, I was wondering why there was a lull in the posting, the whole thing kind of got confusing for me and I didn't know we were waiting on someone. Maybe he is taking his time with his post? Surely he would've said something by now. :0

Abridged
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ichigo15 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:57 pm

I know. The bad thing is when things get quiet, they tend to full out stop. I want to keep the rp going, but to my knowledge I haven't seen him on at all. Problem is, if we just go on without him, and he ends up coming back, we're going to have a bit of a plot hole they may need to be filled....

Ichigo15
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abridged on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:13 pm

If they aren't directly interacting with anyone maybe the characters can pretend ignorance; in the confusion the twins werent seen again and leave it up to Written to go back in his post to fill in the blanks. Thats the only thing I could think of, which is basically skipping them with less of a plothole.

Abridged
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:01 pm

I'm wondering what's taking Fire so long to past myself. He hasn't said or done anything for the past two days.

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abridged on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:27 pm

Same here Tsuk, I'm wondering if maybe he thinks he needs to wait on the others? Who knows. I feel like we all need to post a message in this OOC Topic if we're going to disappear for more than two days at a time. xP

Abridged
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ichigo15 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:25 am

Si, si, so do I. I mean, I can't be sure if they're taking a simple hiatus, or if this is the beginning of the "who's staying" and "who's not staying" era in this roleplay. To me, though, Fire and Written didn't really seem like ones to drop this rp. I think I might have to go along with what Abridged said and "pretend ignorance". Prolonging it too long may be dangerous to the survival of the rp.

Ichigo15
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ichigo15 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm

I just posted to keep things going. I'm going to end the little battle we have going on soon. Hopefully some other will appear again, but if not I'll pm them and see what's going on.

Ichigo15
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abridged on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:03 pm

I don't know why, but RPG keeps logging me back in, even though I log out when I'm done for the night. Does it save your log in status in your bookmarks or something? I don't want people to think I'm here when I'm not.

Abridged
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ichigo15 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Weird things happen on roleplaygateway. Trying clearing out your history, then logging off.

Ichigo15
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ichigo15 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:05 pm

Hrm...I'll pm Fire tomorrow and see what's going on....as for written, I haven't seen him "on" in a few days, so I'm assuming something important happened.

Hopefully NTNO, The Flag, and ceh are still on board....

Ichigo15
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby writteninshaddows on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:47 am

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on in way too long. My grandmother just died so I've been keeping my younger siblings distracted and ya, just not really been up for posting. I haven't had a chance to read what's been written either but I just now read all the ooc posts and I'm not dropping out, my names Cam by the way, you're all welcome to call me that instead of written, anyways, ya it's really late here so I'm just going to head to bed and I'll get a post up in the morning, promise.

Oh and Dea messaged me, she said that she was just getting over mono and she pushed herself too hard too fast with pre-season and doubles and what not (she plays varsity soccer at her high school for those of you that don't know) so she's pretty much just sleeping for a while.

So ya, I'm going to have to go to New Hampshire over the weekend for the funeral so I won't be able to post then either. If you want I'll make a post where the twins break away from the group or something tomorrow morning so they don't hold you all up and then I can have them reconnect when I get back? Whatever you guys think would be best, I don't want to hold things up anymore then I already have.

writteninshaddows
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abridged on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:06 am

I'm sorry to hear that. :( Hope everything goes well for you. I can give you a summary if you want to make it easier, I know how it feels to have to read a ton of posts.

Abridged
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!