Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Angel's Refuge (IC)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Angel's Refuge (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel-Chii on Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:07 am

"A demon girl, that's all you need to know, and my name is Delano" he said, then he turned away and proceeded to ascend the steps. This boy wanted to know something, but it was something that Delano didn't want to talk about. Just thinking about her made him want to kill something. Even so, he remained calm and didn't express this feeling to anyone.
Memories. They live with you forever. Even if you forget them, they never forget you.
Spoiler: show

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Angel-Chii
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:56 pm

Ayuta smiled at Ria and placed his feet in the slippers. "U-umm....thank you, Nee-chan." he said nervously.
He looked up at the angel with a soft expression on his face. Things seemed to be looking up for him. It was the first time in a long time he felt he was in a safe and secure place. Even if the people here where a bit....strange.
There is a place within each of us where we cannot escape the truth; where virtue sits as judge. To admit the truth of our actions is to go before that court, where process is irrelevant. Good and evil are intents, and intent is without excuse.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vain
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby I'm_The_Good_Twin on Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:41 pm

Lorelei followed Delano past the kitchen and up the stair case. Not really paying attention to what was going on behind her, though paying plenty attention to Delano. He stiffened and staled while passing the kitchen, noticeably having to calm himself he continued walking, and stopped completely on the stairs ahead of her and turned to see that she was following. She started up the stairs when Joshua came running out of the kitchen

“Hey Demon guy, I need to talk to you!”

Delano passed by her and stood in front of Joshua. Things just kept getting more interesting around this house. She stood on the stairs listening to the two talking, not caring that they knew she was there. She could tell by Delano’s stance that he knew exactly who Joshua was talking about. Wow he’s good, she thought, if I didn’t know any better, it would seem like Delano was having trouble not killing something. He was controlling his emotions very well indeed. Lorelei eyed him suspiciously as he walked past her again, walking up the stairs with a little more determination than before. She followed him with a smug smile, now having more questions then ever to ask the demon.
Not everyone is born good, but they all have the potential.

I'm_The_Good_Twin
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tathos on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:43 pm

Thorn ran inside his room, coughing and blinking his eyes rapidly. His throat hurt and his chest was on fire for some reason.
Grabbing his large backpack, he started to randomly grab items that were randomly strewed around his room. Although Thorn had only been there for the afternoon, he had already made the room more homey to himself.
The smell came back to Thorn for a moment, making him shudder. He knew it was a bad idea to be around people; something always happened that drove him away.
Slipping a beanie onto his head, Thorn put on his backpack and grabbed the doorhandle to his room; but paused. Thinking better of it, he reached into a side pocket on his hack and wrapped a bandanna around his face, hoping that it might block out the rancid smells that obviously seemed to permeate through the whole house.
So, grabbing his trusty walking stick made of rowan, he opened the door and started navigating his way through the halls and got to the front-room, still believing he was safe from the stench, and walked to the front door; placing his hand on the knob.
A voice in a memory suddenly came to him, making him falter.
"Come in. A storm's coming." Thorn swore under his breath, actually feeling the snow torrent on the other side of the door. Did he stay and endure the reek, or did he risk the snowstorm?
"I've been in one before. Maybe..." He was caught in his own silent dilemma, about the same one he had made before coming inside the house in the first place.

Tathos
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyro6957 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:00 pm

"He does know something... She is not a mere demon girl as he claims."

Joshua turns back to the kitchen.

- Sorry about that Freya, I'll continue right away.

As he cuts through the carrots and the potatoes, something appears in his mind, the word "fallen". As an echo the word runs through his ears and brain.

- No... Please stop... - he whispers with his hand losing strength. - Freya... Please call Delano... - there is a psychological pain tormenting his words.

Suddenly, his wings reappear. As they stretch a clicking sound reports something... His wing are breaking from his body. As they fall from the back of his body, a new set appears. It was made of 6 bat like wings. The rest of the body also changes, the tattoos are now all over his body and are red, his eyes turn deep black and the nails grow to become claws. Having some sort of convulsions on the floor he starts to whisper screams of the most profound anger.

Pyro6957
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby I'm_The_Good_Twin on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:32 pm

Lorelei collided with Delano on the stairs, she hadn’t been paying attention, something was happening. She looked up at him “I’m sorry this tour will have to wait.” She whirled around and ran towards the kitchen. She’d felt the atmosphere change, and the sudden tension in the air. Not until she saw what was happening in the kitchen did she understand what was happening.
She could now smell something, she wasn’t sure what it was. Eyes flashing she looked at Freya “You need to get Delano and Ria NOW. Make sure no one else comes in here” She walked slowly over to Joshua, he was now on the floor, bat like wings had sprouted out of his back. “this isn’t just being Half and Half” saying it out loud, not really to him or to herself, just to say it. She couldn’t touch him, she knew that.
She kneeled down by him, and softly began to sing. It was only a claming song, sung with power and direction; it wouldn’t heal him, or help him much, but it would clam his struggle he was going through now. His body was black with markings, the singing didn’t seem to be taking affect, she sang louder and stronger, she needed another angels voice to join hers.

I'm_The_Good_Twin
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wiltingrose on Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:45 am

Bella woke up on the floor of her tiny bedroom. She had slipped off the bed as she passed out and now had a stabbing pain coming from somewhere in her head. She stood up slowly, trying to get her stiff joints moving, and peered out the window. It seemed to be about midnight and the snow was falling heavily. Maybe school would be cancelled tomorrow and she wouldn't have to endure the sight of more loathsome humans.
She made her way into the kitchen-cross-living room to make herself a cup of coffee. Not that she needed much sustainance; she just liked the strong taste. She put the coffee beans into the boiling hot water, not adding sugar or milk, and sat down on the hard couch in front of the ancient TV.
'Morning Bella.' He wispered, sounding like He was smiling. 'And no, school won't be cancelled; I've had a 'word' with your principal. Plus, there's someone there I'd like you to meet.'
Great, she thought. Another pathetic human to play mind games with.
So what do they have to do with the big schemes? She asked Him sarcastically, taking a sip of her coffee.
'Not pathetic human, Bells. Pathetic half demon, half angel. I remember you wanting some help from another angel or demon. So I figured, why not both? He's quite young but staying in the Refuge. Not only will he become incredibly strong after our training, but we gain an inside man into the lives of the angels. And don't worry, he won't overpower us. And you'll always be my favourite.'
Bella though about this for a moment. Yes, it would make her life easier, and perhaps it would give her a bit of company. She also kind of like the idea of working closely with a male; something she had never experienced. Well, except with Delano - NO, she would NOT think about that. That demon, that traitor, was dead to her.
Looking outside and taking a larger-than-polite-or-lady-like gulp of her still-boiling coffee, she tried to get the old images out of her head of the attractive and seductive demon she was once in love with. She picked up the TV remote, hoping the late-night crap humans seemed to enjoy might be mind-numbing enough for her to forget the year or so that she had spent in complete bliss. Even with Him in her head, and being an angel in love with a demon, it was still the happiest time she could remember. Until that day...
She stared at the TV, wishing that maybe for one night, just one, she could be human, and not have to worry about still being in love with a demon or destroying a house full of angels.
When all is said and done
i will be the one
to leave you in your misery
and hate what you've become

wiltingrose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyro6957 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:47 pm

The song was calming him down, but it wasn't the stress that made him do that, it was the voice in his head.

- Please... Stop the voice in my head... - he whispers, almost as a growl as the marks continue to spread.

His eyes turn from black to purple and flashes of a pin-haired girl come to his mind. Joshua can see her, she is on a couch watching TV, and a voice torments her too. She is not a demon girl... She is just a fallen angel.

- I know who Bella is. - he whispers.

Pyro6957
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel-Chii on Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:06 pm

(( Nyaa! I don't know why this computer *at home* is being a loser! It takes forever to load a page! This pisses me off, I hate waiting! Image Whatever, on with the show! And I'm sorry for taking so long to post too-life sucks! Image))

Ria smiled back, equally cheerful to see him smiling. "You're welcome!" she said in a light happy tone. She hugged him warmly.

Freya nodded towards Joshua, glad to see him back and ready to help.
She was about to thank him again when at the corner of his eye, he stopped, and told her,
- No... Please stop... - he whispers with his hand losing strength. - Freya... Please call Delano... - there is a psychological pain tormenting his words.

She turned the knob on the stove, killing the gas so that the chicken wouldn’t burn. Then he fell and started to scream in a sudden pain.

Delano was slowly making his way to the top of the steps and had momentarily lost his way into his thoughts. He was thinking of Isabella-not Bella. He hated her with so much passion it was like poison just saying her name. He remembered the sweet angel she used to be, like Ria. A reason as to why he finds himself being so kind to her was because she resembled the likes of Isabella. They were in love, yes. And life was going great, until something happened. Isabella was kicked out of Heaven by the Head Angel Nephele. Apparently, being like the ever so helpful and reckless Ria, Isabella too wanted to help someone on Earth. Some one who was drowning, she broke the rules by interfering in the mortal world and ended up receiving grave consequences. She was booted from heaven, and her wings changed to black as she fell.

Then she just changed, little by little Isabella was fading away into someone Delano didn't know. She even changed her name to Bella. Something he found incredibly off. He loved her name just as it was, but he knew something was happening to her. Then she started to end people's lives without explanation. Delano hated this and didn't want any part of it so he turned away. Then they started fighting. He without realizing called her demon, she was doing a good job acting like one.

The next time Delano saw her, she absolutely abhorred him, his last words to her were, "I'll never despise you, but I'll always hate what you've become," and without ever knowing why she loathed him, he just left with a broken heart. From that moment on, he promised he'd never fall in love again.

He felt the thickness of dark energy about the air, he stopped short just as he reached the top step. He tensed, something was wrong here and he felt it. He turned just to see Lorelei accidentally bump into him and quickly say, “I’m sorry this tour will have to wait.” She then whirled around and raced back down the steps and away, he trailed after her with long anxious strides. Entering the kitchen moments later when she instructed Freya to get him and Ria.

"He's here," Freya said glancing at him momentarily with nervous eyes. He saw her face but never looked into her eyes for the small fear that if they looked long enough, she'd be able to look into his soul and him into hers. It was something that both Angels and Demons possessed. Something he and Isabella had done only once in their time together, once that was done a bond was tied between them. One that no matter how much they hated each other it would never break.

Settling his eyes on Joshua who now lay on the white linoleum floor in the fetal position, he couldn’t avoid feeling his shoulders constrict is a sudden twinge. Striding forwards he approached the boy and with one knee, he knelt to the floor besides him within arm’s length. The boy’s face held a very painful expression, his eyes a strange purple color.

He quickly took in the new details of him, the markings glowing on his skin, the 6 pairs of bat wings sprouting from his back. He figured the half angel was only feeling pain because of that, but then his lips moved and his voice told him otherwise.

- Please... Stop the voice in my head... - it came out of him like a growl of angry words. To Delano, it was more like a desire than a plea, wanting nothing more than to make it stop.
Delano fearlessly brought his hand up from his side and placed it atop the boy’s head. He closed his eyes and focused on entering another world. ‘That demon’s gone too far, messing with people’s heads. He thought with a grimace. That’s when he saw fragments of glass, shattered pieces hovering before his closed lids. He saw a young familiar female, her pink hair cut short, her eyes staring at the tv screen. Her eyes. Isabella!

No…she goes by Bella now and she too, just like Joshua is haunted by this stranger. His voice disturbing her thoughts, invading her dreams. Making her do things she disagrees with-hurting her.
Delano’s anger flared, making a spark of electricity break within the heavy atmosphere, adding even more hatred into the air.

“Delano what’s wrong, why is Joshua in pain? Don’t hurt him!” he heard Ria’s voice, but it was all just a stream of words, mixing into themselves. He couldn’t catch them well, he was not there. He was somewhere else.

“Show yourself you coward, why don’t you stop your bullshit and do your own dirty work without enslaving others to do it for you?” Delano hissed, he was rather perturbed at the discovery of this. He had the feeling that this stranger was most likely the one who screwed with Bella’s mind and made her become a wild killer. And now, having nothing better to do, decided to also slip his way into Joshua’s head and mess around with him too. Well, Delano was going to put an end to that, because no one could ever enter his mind, he’d kill before that’d ever happen.

While he was far away, Freya decided to practice some of the magic she had learned from the readings of Witch craft. Leaving the dramatic scene, she ran into her room, fetching her black messenger bag, she searched for her black chalk, once retrieving it, she ran back out and into the kitchen. Ria had joined in with the singing, hoping it would help in some way. Their voices together were well, like angels. Soft, beautiful and hypnotic.

Freya quickly encircled Delano and Joshua, pressing the black chalk against the white linoleum. She drew a circle, then she focused, channeling her energy to make it a barrier so that nothing can come in or out. Not demons, or angels.

Angel-Chii
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:39 pm

Ayuta walked into the kitchen drawn by the voices and energy in the room. He was a bit shocked when he saw the gaunt face of the man Joshua sitting on the floor holding his knees. The man Delano was kneeling in front of him with an expression of rage in his eyes. He wasn't sure what was going on, but it didn't look good. Freya was drawing a circle around the two with black chalk on the floor. A word popped into his mind as he wondered what she was doing. "Black Magic. Witch Craft." he muttered.

He walked forward and stood next to Ria. She seemed to radiate an aura of protection and he felt safe next to her. There were a few things that perplexed him. He looked up at Ria with a questioning look and asked, "Who are Isabella and Nephele?" For some reason they sounded important to him.

Vain
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby I'm_The_Good_Twin on Fri May 01, 2009 12:12 am

Lorelei continued singing. Ria had joined her, Delano had his hands on Joshua and Freya was working magic. A thought raced through her head, a demon, two angels and a witch, if this doesn’t work nothing will. It left her head as soon as she thought it, she drew on her internal energies and strengthened her singing. Tears slide down her cheeks. She knew evil was at work here, she could taste it. She could feel Delano and Ria, more than a physical touch, it was more intimate than that. If she just pushed a little she could probably read their thoughts, in fact pieces of Delano’s memory were seeping into her subconscious . Scenes from his past flickered in her head. She didn’t know what they meant, and she wasn’t going to bring them up. It wasn’t his fault they were linked like this. She tried to block them out feeling that he would not want her to know these things and focused more on singing. Hoping it would work soon,she was feeling very light headed, she was loosing a lot of her energy.

I'm_The_Good_Twin
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tathos on Fri May 01, 2009 2:19 am

Thorn was still contemplating what to do when the stench got overwhelming; the mock-gasmask not doing anything to block out the smell.
He gagged and fell to the floor, holding his face tight to try to block it out. That settled it for him, it was better to be in a huge storm than to whether the putrid smell inside. Thorn humphed to himself, "A safe place for all, indeed."
He had seen the sign as he had entered the house, the carved wood telling how people would be safe and happy while inside the cottage. "Bah! Well, this is one person that you have failed, house!"
Yelling the curse at no one, Thorn opened the door and was hit with a frigid blast of snow and wind. Closing the door with some effort, Thorn remembered to pull out his snow goggles for eye protection.
His nose clear for a little bit from the fresh air of outside, Thorn took a deep breath and opened the door again, walking into the tundra and heading in a southward direction. He planned to get back to the shelter he had found the day before, the one he had hidden from the other snowstorm. Thorn mumbled to himself, "Yeesh! This place is worse than the Netherlands in storms!"
Putting one foot infront of the other, Thorn started trekking against the tundra, making good headway in the sense of steps. It was quick at the beginning, having the warmth and the heat still in his body. But soon, his strength started to wane and his muscles started to complain.
Thorn pulled out his trusty compass and pulled it close to his face. He saw that he was still going in the right direction, but no mountains or caves were anywhere, and he certainly hadn't ran into any walls.
He really REALLY didn't want to go back to that house. The smell was unbearable, the company was...Lacking, and there seemed to be no food in sight. So, stubbornly thinking that the cave-shelter would only be a little bit farther, Thorn continued on in the freezing snow; his strength getting lower and weaker.

Two hours later, Thorn sank to his knees in defeat and hopelessness. He had been sure he was going in the right direction, the compass didn't lie. But, he never saw it. Realistically, he had lost hope an hour ago, but it was only now that his endurance had left him.
Still having the bandanna over his face, Thorn pulled some icicles that had frosted onto the front of it, his hot breath melting the snow onto his mask.
Watching his breath mist into the whiteness all around him, Thorn laughed a little to himself. Just as he had lived, alone, he was going to die alone. It was fitting in a way. He recalled some people calling it living by the sword and dying by the sword? Or, was it just desserts? Or even poetic justice? He really couldn't remember; his mind was getting fuzzy and he started to feel the effects of hypothermia. Already, his body was telling him that he was getting warmer.
The hallucinations were starting to bring themselves to him also. He saw his childhood self sitting in a large schoolyard, the other children playing while he was by himself and only watched the other children shun him. Thorn saw his child self feel his ears, how they were pointed and the other kid's ears weren't.
Laughing to himself, Thorn took off his beanie that he always wore and felt his ears, pulling off some plastic covers that covered them. Was it wrong to not to want to be weird? Well, that didn't really matter; seeing as he was never around people in the first place.
Blinking his eyes to try to clear the hallucinations, Thorn knew that it all didn't matter now. He was going to die alone, in peace. Far away from anyone who ever knew him or even slightly tolerated him.
Laughing, Thorn listened and realized that it was even quiet for him now. Just what he always wanted.

Suddenly, looking up and seeing a dark form start to come out of the perfect white, Thorn saw a small figure make itself out from the fuzziness. Squinting his eyes and putting on his beanie from a force of habit, Thorn saw that it was a child; only wearing a dress that was basically rags. It was a female, and she had long black hair, with pitch black eyes; her skin matching the ivory that was all around Thorn.
"What are you doing out here, child? You will die in this cold." Thorn knew the words were drowned out as soon as he spoke them by the howling winds. But, strangely, they seemed to be clear in his own mind.
The girl only smiled and said, "I won't die, and neither will you if you come with me." The girl lifted up her small hand, beckoning Thorn to go with her.
He saw that the girl spoke softly and by all rights should not have been heard. But, the voice seemed to speak right into his head, sweet and luring.
Thorn raised his hand, reaching for her. But, suddenly, he stopped. "You're not real. You're just my hallucination, someone I made up so that I can have the hope of living even though I am slowly dying."
Again, the girl smiled and said, "I am as real as you make me. But, know that I can save your life, if you let me in."
Not really understanding her meaning, what really struck Thorn was her conviction that he would live.
Shrugging, he said, "What the hell? I got nothing else to lose." Thorn held out his hand to the girl again, but was stopped when he heard another voice. One that was almost sung as it was spoken.
"She may save your life, Thorn. But she cannot give you salvation. I can."
Looking around, Thorn saw another shape emerge from the white-out. He saw a woman float more than walk into view, wings on her back and garbed in pure silk robes. She had golden hair and sapphire eyes, seeming to look into Thorn's soul. "I can redeem your sins, letting you pass on and live with our father. You have lived a right life, Thorn. Although you have shunned people, our father has not shunned you, and he has seen your heart."
The "angel" motioned to the little girl that stood a few feet away from her, saying, "As I said, she may give you life. But I can give you heaven."
Thorn looked from one female to the other. They both looked equally innocent, if one more regal than the other.
What was he to do? Pass on or live with what was sure to be a much more different life. Unfortunately, life seemed to be full of these types of choices.
Knowing what was right, Thorn nodded to the angel. "Okay. I'll go with-"
He was cut off when he heard the little girl yell, "What do you want, Thorn?! Anything in the world, ask and ye shall receive."
The question caught Thorn off guard, making him think for a while longer. "I want to live. That's actually it. But, I know that if you offer a different alternative than an angel, then you must not be for the greater good."
The girl actually laughed, a little bit of resentment in her eyes. "The greater good is only a point of view, Thorn. There are so many things that can be, people only think they know. I know your true name, Thorn...I can grant your true wish along with your life. What do you want?"
Thorn started at this, the girl bringing up things he hadn't considered before. But, it really only came down to two things: live in power or die with a guaranteed spot in what was considered heaven.
Unfortunately, the right choice was all too clear. Thorn gathered the last of his strength and stood up, pulling down the bandanna from his face, even though he knew that words weren't necessary for communication. Enunciating his words loud and clear, Thorn said, "Angel...Take me with you when I die. But, I want to live!"
There was a voice that spoke crystal and clear into Thorn's mind, saying, "The choice is made."
A flash of light blinded Thorn more than the snow ever did and he yelled out, only seeing a glimpse of the angel and the child one more time. The Angel was crying and the child grinned, with a triumphant look in her eyes.
Thorn whited out, knowing no more.

Tathos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wiltingrose on Fri May 01, 2009 2:29 am

Having lost interest in the desperate actors and ads for slutty girls on your mobile, Bella sat on the couch making a small flame appear and disappear on her fingers as she clicked them. She had no idea how long she had been sitting there, staring absentmindedly at nothing, when she looked out the window and saw it was almost day break. She got up, stretched and wandered slowly back into the bedroom.
'A lot has happened at the refuge. But don't worry, Joshua will be there to meet you. I think the two of you actually have a mutual friend.' He sounded smug, as though He was enjoying some private joke that involved her.
She sat on the bed, confused. She had never had a friend. Not a true friend; a friend who stuck around, not caring about what she was.
Delano was the only person she had ever voluntarily come close to. And he cared; yes, he cared too much. Bella knew the demon would care from the very beginning. He was a demon for goodness sake! He should be supportive of what she did. She knew he wouldn't stay with her if he got close to the real Bella. That's why she lied to him, why she made up a story that would keep him around. Although he was strong at telepathy, she had developed a natural and unusually strong block on her mind that only one had fully broken though. Everyone else came close or partly, but none like Him. Delano had no way of knowing Bella's history. So she told him some sop story about how she bravely came down to Earth to save the humans. She even told him her name was Isabella, thinking it sounded slightly more innoccent. She kept up the charade for a long time, and incredibly well, but she got impatient and lazy. Slipping up here and there eventually got noticed by Delano, and he saw some of the things she had done. Her block became weaker with laziness and she couldn't stand being 'Isabella' anymore. When discovered the real Bella, he left, breaking her heart, leaving her crushed and alone. Her life had revolved around Delano, and not around Him and His orders.
Realising the images and memories in her mind were not natural, she yelled into the silent, dark, still room. 'LEAVE ME ALONE! Why can't, just once, you leave me in my misery! Give me some privacy! It's YOUR fault I am who I am. It's YOUR fault he left. Why can't you just GO AWAY!!!'
He became silent, slipping into a tiny corner of her mind, but never leaving. Slowly, she stood up and went over to the wardrobe get ready for school. She looked in the mirror and saw that she had been crying. Actually crying. Something she hadn't done since Delano left. She touched her cheeks, shocked at how wet they were. She looked at her blotchy face and at how unattractive she was with puffy eyes.
Suddenly, she remembered she was meant to meet someone today. A boy. She quickly looked through her drawers and found some makeup that she never used. After putting it on, she went to her wardrobe and grabbed her shortest school dress. Maybe today was her chance to get over Delano. To move on and start again. She laughed quietly to herself; she sounded like a human.

wiltingrose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel-Chii on Fri May 01, 2009 6:42 am

Ria sang with so much heart, she suddenly became disconcerted at the mentioning of Nephele. Glancing down at him she asked him how he knew them. "Nephele is a head angel in heaven, and Isabella is an angel." she informed him. She then turned to Lori and told her to stop singing. It wasn't necessary anymore.

Delano was loosing his patience he hated waiting. However he was'nt about to give up.

Angel-Chii
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Fri May 01, 2009 3:12 pm

"The voices told me about them. Sometimes they sound like you and sometimes like them." he replied gesturing to the others. "I'm not really sure what they are. Does that make me crazy?" he asked. That concept worried him quite a bit. Was that what the voices meant. He gave an inward groan.

Vain
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby I'm_The_Good_Twin on Fri May 01, 2009 3:15 pm

((Lor-eh-lie, have you seen Gilmore Girls? If not its just a character off that show. I love that name, I know its hard to pronounce and even harder to spell, sorry about that.))

Lorelei stopped singing, Ria saying it was no longer necessary. She stood wobbling a little on her feet. She looked once more at Delano and Joshua still on the floor. She felt like she had failed. He was still consumed by the darkness inside him. She did not like the feeling of failure, it was unbearable, akin to not bathing in weeks. She felt dirty and sad.
This is not what she wanted, she wanted to be clean, she wanted to be a carefree angel. Flying from cloud to could, flirting with men, taking lovers, gossiping with her friends. That seemed like ages ago, and it had only been a day.
Lorelei staggered out of the kitchen. Most of her energy being used to help Joshua, she needed to restore her reserves. Walking towards the bed rooms she stumbled and fell to the floor. From her seated position she watched Thorn throw open the front door; snow flurries rushed in,and he quickly closed it again. After putting goggles on he opened it again and left.
She knew he hadn’t been happy to be here, she felt it when first she saw him, then having pie spilt on him once he was clean. He must really not have liked it here. Another stab of failure hit her chest.
She came here to help those who needed help, and she wasn’t doing any of that. Every time she tried it wasn't good enough, she was not good enough. She had spent her life in other pursuits, finally realizing that there could be more to life. Not comprehending that she was not suited or did not have the skills to help anyone but herself.
Lorelei shook her head, these were not happy thoughts, she knew better than this. She was not someone to sit and reflect on her short comings. She needed a plan, an alternative to self pity. Then it came to her, she had three decisions laid before her, she could stay here, and do what she could. She could leave the angels refuge and search out others who may be in need. Or return to the Angel Hold she called home. She wanted to help she really did. Perhaps she just didn’t have enough experience; well that couldn't be helped,it came with time.
Lorelei anchored her feet and tried standing again. She succeeded, only tilting slightly to the right. First, she had to have the strength to do anything. She turned into the first room she noticed and flopped herself on the bed. It was Thorns room, she could smell him. Before shutting her eyes she looked around, it looked as if he packed in a rush, he couldn’t wait to leave us could he. No longer being able to keep her eyes open, Lorelei cuddled closer to the pillow breathing in the smell of the last occupant and falling fast asleep.

I'm_The_Good_Twin
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyro6957 on Fri May 01, 2009 4:11 pm

((Damn time zones...))

Joshua's head was almost breaking with pain, the eyes almost bleeding with visions of the fallen angel.

- It is time... - with a weak, almost as dying, gasp he whispers.

The marks start to retreat to the arms, the eyes go back to the normal green they always had and the wings shatter into atoms. And then he faints...
All the images leave his mind, the voices stop and there is only one thing he can think of... He must meet Bella in the next day.

Pyro6957
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tathos on Fri May 01, 2009 8:34 pm

He'd forgotten how long he had been walking. The scene was the same, the absolute whiteness, the howling winds, even the crunch of the snow under his feet seemed monotonous. But, there was something he had to do. He couldn't remember what exactly it was, what purpose he was supposed to complete, but he felt the itch in the back of his head that told him to keep walking, that there was something important that he needed to go to.
He seemed to understand everything he saw. He saw his breath come out in white, foggy, breaths and knew that although he should be freezing, he felt nothing. Looking down at himself - the only thing that did not blend in with the pure whiteness of the snow - he saw he only wore a pair of briefs, black in color.
It was as if he saw himself for the first time, his humanoid form of two legs and two arms. And, although it was new for him, his body seemed different somehow. Something had changed, but it was the same.
His mind worked hard to find the answer, but none came. Only the itch was the constant, and that urged him on.
He walked for what seemed forever before he saw it, the thing that he had apparently been looking for. There, faded and blurry by the flying flurries, was a small-looking cottage that gave off a trail of smoke from its chimney.
He smiled. It was there he needed to be, he knew it. What he was to learn about himself or even about other things, he knew not. But the only sign of the correctness of his choice was the halting of the itching in his mind. He needed to be there, he knew it.
It was only a short run before he reached the house and stepped onto the covered porch. The wood was different than the snow, smoother and sturdier; it felt nice.
Standing at the doorway, he raised his hand to knock, but seemed to find the gesture silly. Instead, he reached down and grasped the cool handle, twisting it to open the door and let himself in. He walked inside and closed the port behind himself, looking around. The area just inside was devoid of any life, no one was there.
Creasing his forehead, he got another sense of familiarity and let his body take control, leading him down a hallway and into the first doorway he saw.
Opening the door comfortably and casually, he walked into the room and closed the door behind him. Again, it seemed as if he knew where he was, but it eluded him; only just out of the reach of his mind.
Blinking a few times to clear his mind, he looked around and walked to the bathroom, turning the light on and off a few times, the reaction of the bulb interesting to him.
It seemed funny that the bulb reacted to his will as he flipped on the small switch up and down.
Finishing with it, he walked out and turned his attention to his bed and froze. There was someone lying on what he thought was his bed. A female. And although her features were certainly attractive and well received, he knew somewhere in his head that she shouldn't be there.
He reached down to grab the person and remove her from his bed when a voice entered his mind and said, "Be polite."
The voice was sweet and musical, and he instantly complied with it. So, he just stood and stared at the girl, waiting for her to wake up.

Tathos
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel-Chii on Fri May 01, 2009 8:50 pm

((Yesh, the timing is messed up, and I love Gilmore Girls! But I don’t have much time to see the re-runs. Do you like NCIS? That 70’s Show? What I Like About You? I heart them all! <33 ))

“Voices?” Ria asked, her head fell into a soft curious tilt. Her gaze meeting his for a moment, before resettling on Lorelei as she crept away. Her face lost it’s cheerful glow, and her brows furrowed, crinkling her forehead slightly. Worry sunk into her like a heavy weight.

"I'm not really sure what they are. Does that make me crazy?"

Snapping her head back at him she flashed a small smile, “No, well that is quite odd, but that doesn’t make you crazy!” she spoke in her best cheerful mood she could muster. Not wanting to burden anyone with her worries, she had created this refuge to help people. Heal their wounded hearts and help them feel the forgotten emotion of love and happiness again. However, this task wasn’t going to be easy, and seeing this in the lives of others revolving around her made her realize this. Though she felt like everything was falling into a deep hole of nothingness, she wasn’t about to just turn away and fly back to the perfect world of Heaven. No, that was out of the question, unthinkable matter-of -fact. With a new wave of determination pouring into her like a waterfall, she managed to cheer herself up, placing her hand upon the boy’s head and petting his hair gently. She felt a soft smile spread on her lips, this time it was natural and unforceful.

“Everything will surely be alright, I know it!” she expressed happily.

“It is time,” Joshua spoke the words in a low and frightening whisper. As if once the words had escaped the confinement of his lips, his life too, would fade away, just as the dawn lite the ever dark skies outside. This Delano knew, for he had opened his eyes to look up at the kitchen window. Sure enough, the sun slowly peaked out from behind the mountains outline, alighting the sky with the signal of a new day.

“She’s coming…and I will be there to welcome her with open arms,” he muttered the words and slowly rose up, carrying the unconscious boy with him.

As if on cue, Freya stepped forwards and pressed the toes of her slipper against the tiled floor, rubbing out a small section of the circle she had previously drawn. She then focused on breaking the circle keeping them inside. The barrier hissed with released energy; they’re free now.

“He wouldn’t show up, he’s hiding-but I’ll catch him, and when I do, be ready for our first funeral,” Delano said with a humorless grin on his handsome face. He walked away, passing by the two at the doorway.

“Are you okay Delano?” Ria asked in a soft voice, her eyes following him as he walked down the hall in silence.

“Perfect,” he lied. Somehow Ria knew this, he wasn’t the best liar.

“I hope J is okay,” Freya whispered as she got to her hands and knees and started to wipe off the rest of the circle from the floor.

“I think he’ll be okay,” Ria said, reassuring her with a grin. Then she blinked, something in the back of her mind clicked, supplying her with new information she had missed. There was someone else here, she remembered telling a person welcomed here about a room…and a bathroom. Then someone leaving out the door when Lorelei had left.

“Thorn,” the name left her lips in a whisper full of anxiety and a twinge of something more. She detached herself from Ayuta and told Freya to care for him while she left to save what she feared could be lost.

“Wait you can’t go out there, another storm can come up!” Freya warned her, but her efforts at stopping the angel were futile; seeing as the angel had already ran out through the door, slamming it shut in her hurry.

Freya stared at the heavy wooden door, not liking this one bit. Everything from her palpitating heart, to her shaking hands told her that Ria leaving was not the best option. But she couldn’t follow after her, she had to stay and take care of Ayuta and the others.

“Where’s Ria?” Delano asked appearing as if out of thin air, making her jump.

“She left, she said she was going to look for Thorn,” Freya swiftly supplied, her cloudy blue eyes wide and panicky.

“What!?” Delano said shocked. He turned and out the door he went.

Ria felt a fierce breeze ruffling the chiffon hemming of her dress around her legs as she flew above the trees. Her eyes to the white forest beneath her, intent and focused, she searched for Thorn, her will to strong against turning back.

Delano was like a speeding bullet, following the light aura left behind by the angel as she flew in the sky. Once reaching her he got her attention with a yell, “Are you insane!?”

“No! what does that mean?” she asked loudly over the howling of the wind blowing at her face, whipping her blond hair about wildly.

Delano reached out and grabbed the angel, bringing her down with him through the trees and into the snow.

“That was fun, let’s do that again!” Ria said cheerfully, she was a very strange and random girl.
“No, we’re going back now, he’s here, but not with us. I can feel his life force, it's different somehow.” Delano said. “And can you get off of me, it’s cold down here…in the snow,”

“Hm?” Ria glanced down to see herself sitting on top of him, he lay on his belly in the snow.
“Kyaa! I’m sorry!” she shrieked springing to her feet, she tripped on the tree root and fell into the snow.
“So clumsy,” he muttered pushing himself into a sitting position, he then got up and looked around. They were in the middle of the forest. He then turned to her and offered his hand to help her up.

“He’s gone!” Ria asked as she took his hand and was helped to her feet.
“Yeah, I think he's probably went back to the house, so let’s go back before we run into trouble,” Delano said, releasing her warm hand, he turned to leave. She trailed after him…
Last edited by Angel-Chii on Fri May 01, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angel-Chii
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Fri May 01, 2009 9:06 pm

Ria's sudden rush out the door worried Ayuta. He'd nearly died in the snow and he didn't like the concept of the person who saved him outside in it. He held his right hand to his chest unconsciously and pulled on Freya's dress with his left, looking up at her. "Is Nee-chan going to be ok out there? he asked.

Then Delano appeared in the door way and spoke to Freya. Then the man turned and ran out the door also. Apparently going after Ria. On impulse he felt himself drift outwards and though his body still stood in the kitchen, he saw himself rush out through the walls of the house snow, hills, and forest passing by in a haze until he came to a stop.

From where he was he could see Delano and Ria running along through the forest heading back in the direction of the house. He felt a smile come to his lips and he exclaimed, "Nee-chan!!" in a happy voice that sounded like his, but seemed somehow far away and reverberated through the forest. He tilted his head and watched them coming closer with a confused look on his face.

Vain
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!