Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Animal Crossing: The Curse of the Void

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheShadowShaman on Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi! I’ve been having this idea ever since I’ve learned about the Void and participated in a Character Hurt and Heal for Animal Crossing Forums. If I see enough interest on this, I’ll flesh it out even more and create the RP. While terminology and characters will be used, I do not expect anyone joining to be familiar with Animal Crossing. I’ll give a list of Animal Crossing Villagers that you can choose and flesh out on their personalities and I’ll fill you in on the terminology you will need. I plan to have the RP in “chapters” which will focus on a character associated with the Void.

[For those who do not know, the “void” as players see it is this “space” where villagers go whenever they move out of your town if they do not move to another village.]

In an alternate universe of Animal Crossing New Leaf, “The Void” is not only a place but a being, and it is enraged by the abuse it has been given. The Void takes care of villagers whenever they do not have a place to go and returns them back to the Animal Crossing New Leaf world once a home has been established again. However, this process has been abused as players have gone through “cycling” measures of getting villagers they desired. This means that many villagers have gone through the void and back to New Leaf in a faster, rushed process, leaving the Void feeling cheated of its purpose. The Void has also grown lonely knowing that the villagers don’t get to spend time with him/her for long. Therefore, the Void has decided to take measures against the players and shut down the Animal Crossing Universe, taking the special characters to the Void permanently and leaving the Animal Crossing Universe to rot. Now monsters are appearing in the Animal Crossing Universe, food has become scarce, and the mayors (the players) have disappeared. It is up to the villagers to figure out how to get their special characters back. The only sort of help that the villagers will get is from a new character: Indigo.
You as the roleplayer will be playing one of the villagers from Animal Crossing New Leaf. While you must adhere to the small personality description that each villager has on the wiki, you will definitely be able to and should flesh out their characters even further. Each chapter will feature the mystery of a special character that has disappeared into the Void. In order to bring them back from the Void, you must solve the mystery of their disappearance and what has led them to be trapped into the Void. I will be using Indigo more of as a moderator to guide players into the world and the mysteries. I hope that this will be both plot and character driven more than the game allows.
If you are interested, have any questions, have any ideas to add, please comment below or PM me. While I am new and trying to get my 10 posts, I will try to get back to you in PM as soon as I get those. Thank you and I hope you enjoy any of your RP endeavors.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheShadowShaman
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!