Announcements: Changes to Universe of the Week! » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 » Universe of the Week! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » NaNoWriMo 2020 » A vacuum salesman in the Multiverse. » Being bored at work makes you do crazy things » Question here from the FNG » Recommendations of Reading material. » Do you "follow" characters to receive notifications? » My 2 Fav Poems! » Simple Vs. Detailed RPG Layouts » Warning About Communist-Inspired Upheaval and Revolution » The Best Sentence » Universe of the Week Nominations » The SCPF Wiki Project (not related to SCP Project in 2016) » What influences you as you write? And why? » Preventing Bitrot by Hosting Images on RPG » Interesting YouTube Videos » Xamoyan Bestiary »

Players Wanted: Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos » roleplayers wanted for shifters world. » The UCF- a (soon to be) group in the MV » Neothea: Phyrian Galaxy (Open) » Students Wanted: Arcane and Human alike » A Once Upon a Time Adventure. »

Season of Giving 2020

At the end of perhaps our craziest year yet, we choose to celebrate our writing family with that extra touch of gratitude. Tip your fellow authors for a chance to win 10,000 INK, with leaderboards updated daily.

Merry Christmas from RPG! 🎅

Anime Characters

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Anime Characters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ageha on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:18 am

So out of curiosity I would like to know which anime characters do you think are cool, quite popular and with some interesting biography. I would also appreciate if you explained why.
Don't say that you can't do it, if you haven't tried.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ageha
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Anime Characters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RichterGotz on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:05 am

This is an easy one for me; I'll try and not bombard you, as most of what I'll write here can be found on any wiki for the show.

Character: Guts
Series: BERSERK

WARNING: MINOR BERSERK SPOILERS AHEAD.

Gatts, Gatsu, or Guts (in English), is by far the "coolest" anime/manga character I've ever come across. This dude has seriously been played a fu**ed-up hand in life, but continues to forge ahead. In most anime/manga, there is a trope that "dark", "edgy", "bad childhood" characters always end up being the "cool" guy, but are really just whiny assholes. (Sasuke Uchiha is a prime example). Guts takes that trope, and breaks its back over his knee. I won't spoil anything for you; suffice to say that any normal person who was put through what Guts has gone through, would be a gibbering vegetable huddled in a corner and rocking back and forth slowly.

He is one of the few characters I have ever seen in a series that actually grows, mentally, physically, and emotionally. He isn't a stagnant character, he learns, is proven wrong about things, and eventually grows from a borderline emo-sasukeish character, into a father-figure that goes toe-to-toe with the forces of hell itself.

I HIGHLY recommend reading the manga, which can be found and read for free on the internet. Be warned though, BERSERK is very, very, very adult in content. It would be wise to make sure no "little-eyes" are watching over your shoulder.

"I have learned that Anger and Will, joined together, are the greatest Power. I have learned to meditate Anger and Will with clarity and precision, and I have learned to open the hidden reservoirs of Dark Side Power." ―Palpatine, from The Book of Anger

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RichterGotz
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Boomstick on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:30 pm

Hm, well, for me it's easy as there are two that are simply amazing.

Character: Saitama
Manga: One Punch-Man
Genre: Humor/Action

This manga is more of a comedy-action manga. I love it because it breaks the 'mold' that action manga's fall into. Hero meets powerful bad guy. Hero trains. Hero beats bad guy after a large, sometimes epic, fight. Rinse and repeat.

In One Punch-man, Saitama is already the most powerful being on the planet, and as the name suggest, he kills everything he comes against with one blow, but because he is so powerful; he is plagued with boredom as nothing gives him a thrill anymore. The author is the same that drew Eyeshield-21, my favorite sports anime/manga of all time, and is a brilliant drawer.

My favorite thing about Saitama is how he doesn't care. He does what he wants because he can and is incredibly blunt when he speaks. In most manga, when an new character is introduced there is a huge back story involved, but as the main character is quickly bored of such things; he forces everyone to sum up their life stories in a short and simple sentence of 10 words.

In short, One punch-man is an incredibly funny manga that is filled with action scenes to satisfy any reader. I highly suggest checking it out.

Character: Thorfinn
Manga: Vinland Saga
Genre: Action/Adventure

This manga is for those 18 or older. It does contain nudity and the such, but it is an extremely bloody manga. This manga is set during the viking era, and unlike most Japanese written western based historical manga; it is not... well, ridiculous. Thorfinn is a viking who starts out as one of those over done characters who doesn't care about anything but revenge, which, again, has been way overdone, and at first I wasn't fond of the manga because of that, but as I pushed on, I realized just how amazing the manga was. Thorfinn changes and evolves throughout his journey that takes him from Greenland, to Denmark, to England, then to Sweden. Thorfinn grows from a mad little kid hell-bent on revenge to a broken man trying to salvage his soul.

I love the story for its, well, story. There are no static characters who never evolve and change as the story goes on. Thorfinn's character goes through numerous huge changes as the story goes on, and the manga is fairly along with 92 chapters released. It is a monthly manga though, so it requires a little bit of a wait. The manga is, hands down, one of the best drawn manga I have ever seen.

I highly, highly recommend checking this manga out.

Boomstick
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RichterGotz on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:16 am

Thorfinn, mah man! I forgot about Vinland Saga!

RichterGotz
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lone Dreamer on Tue May 14, 2013 9:42 pm

Alucard from Hellsing is pretty cool if Id o say so myself.

- Sincerely Dreaming
The things you cannot posses, are the most beautiful of all.

Lone Dreamer
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:56 pm

Black rock shooter.

baddass persona attached to a high school girl psychically to help her put up with drama and crap, fights other persona's like her in a different wold in amazing fight sequences.
Nuff' said.
I used to be nice... Then I got bored.

The Soul one
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alura--x--Uneii on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:00 am

I would have to say that Tomo from Qwaser is cute the cutie. :3

So adorable and fluffy looking~ even though she's kinda derpy x3

Alura--x--Uneii
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby adlena on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:47 am

Alucard from Hellsing , i like it the most

adlena
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkestMelodies on Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:00 pm

Boomstick wrote:Hm, well, for me it's easy as there are two that are simply amazing.

Character: Saitama
Manga: One Punch-Man
Genre: Humor/Action

This manga is more of a comedy-action manga. I love it because it breaks the 'mold' that action manga's fall into. Hero meets powerful bad guy. Hero trains. Hero beats bad guy after a large, sometimes epic, fight. Rinse and repeat.

In One Punch-man, Saitama is already the most powerful being on the planet, and as the name suggest, he kills everything he comes against with one blow, but because he is so powerful; he is plagued with boredom as nothing gives him a thrill anymore. The author is the same that drew Eyeshield-21, my favorite sports anime/manga of all time, and is a brilliant drawer.

My favorite thing about Saitama is how he doesn't care. He does what he wants because he can and is incredibly blunt when he speaks. In most manga, when an new character is introduced there is a huge back story involved, but as the main character is quickly bored of such things; he forces everyone to sum up their life stories in a short and simple sentence of 10 words.

In short, One punch-man is an incredibly funny manga that is filled with action scenes to satisfy any reader. I highly suggest checking it out.

Hahaha, I've definitely got to second this, One-punch man is comedy gold. :) From my earlier anime days I'd probably name people like Spike Spiegel and Vash the Stampede as well, I really liked most of the characters in Cowboy Bebop.

DarkestMelodies
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!