Annoyed severly

a topic in Flame Wars, a part of the RPG forum.

PLEASE keep ANY quarrel to these forums. This is not an ammo dump, either. Please TRY to resolve your issues PEACEFULLY.

Re: Annoyed severly

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True Grave on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:42 am

That was a response to Zhelir asking me if I meant to spell my name right. And what's with the rage? It had nothing to do with nerd bingo or whatever the hell it is you were trying to insult me with. I'm not telling people to post now. This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. And since when does sticking to my opinion and explaining that my name belongs to a game character make me annoying and infantile? You need to grow up and not fly off the handle at a misunderstanding.
"]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

True Grave
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:45 am

Sticking to your opinion when it is an opinion with a shred of basis is a good thing. When it's an opinion against one specific thing for absolutely no reason, it's another.

Honestly, what what possible reason do you have for hating these threads? You know what "I hate all of these kinds of topics for no real reason" sounds like? "I hate all of this race of people for no real reason." It's racism applied to topics. No, I'm not implying you're a racist, not in the least. Instead, I'm founding a new "ism" and nominating you the first person guilty of it: Topicism. You, sir, are a topicist.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:50 am

I just think it's stupid to waste topic space with introductions. My reponse to Ghost x1000 has balance, and if that's not good enough for you, Matthias, too bad. And if you think most RPs are as you quote, "shit", why do you RP? Stick to real life and stop advising others.

I've only recently started Role-playing actively on this site, though I have been a member for quite some time. However, I see this thread a total waste of good space and you to be the shit decorating it's interior. Where's that character Consequence?!

Aside from his flaming (then again, THIS. IS. FLAME WARS!), he's actually quite right. There's no such thing as "wasting topic space." If you don't like seeing welcome topics -- DON'T READ THE WELCOME DESK.

This guy be representin' Matthiasism. Commonly known as "Sexy Time".

You also gotta remember that some people have REAL LIVES (*shocked*), JOBS (*gasp*), OTHER INTERESTS (*falls dead*).

What? Nigga', you postin' here so you must not have a life! (( Just read the second sentence. Sorry. I'm just makin' a giggle here. I agree with you.))

You know this thread is preety old but since you though to call me out i will retaliate

1st. I only call members who are experts at posting good posts and fast.

2nd. I didnt say you couldnt have a life i just said as long as you posted that day you were fine.

Then your experts must be what others call "Newblets". I wanna see your current Roleplays. Seriously. Bust me a grove.

I'm not going to argue with anybody. I believe all these "Heys" and all that topics are still a waste of space. I'm not going to change my mind, so I don't want anybody with a red, green, blue, or regular username trying to change my mind. I know people have lives, and I'm not shouting at them about it. That's fine, and so are vacations. I don't demand anything from anybody, and people have the right to express opinions. That's all I have to say.

*Slaps down the Bullshit card!* I call your bluff, Miss! You obviously do mind if it means they can't post within' your Role-plays every 10 minutes! HEAVEN FORBID YOU HAVE TO WAIT 10 MINUTES, 38 SECONDS, AND 9 MILISECONDS! Oh, and you've been arguing with us by posting. o_o

Yeah. I got a charlie horse now. :(

Im not threatening. I just dont want to began screaming. I dont like arguing with people so im going to end this here. Ok i have a perfectly normal life. (beside the rping XD). Im not going to look at you commenting on me anymore becuase your just a kid and I can see that now. The Mature way is to let it go which is what I am doing and to Ignore you -.-

I bet it's killing you to know that you can't post here and get that post-count up, isn't it?! HAVE YOU BEEN REFRESHING THIS PAGE ALL MORNING IN DESPAIR?!?! *Refreshes* "Quick post, little writing! Quick post little writing!" *Done* "Quick Post - SON OV A BITCH" *Refreshes* "... DAMN IT! SOMEONE POST!" *Refresh*

First of all, Zhelir, Peryite is a Daedric god from the Elder Scrolls 4, and I meant to spell it that way. Second, why do you insist on arguing? You're acting like a child, and it's very much not going to convince me to change my mind. So, in your words, GET OVER IT.

I thought you had a little amount of intelligence, but now I see. I see you're a hypocritical asshole. o_o You're acting childish by saying what you have and will. This thread is childish, especially what you're complaining about. Oh, and while I'm at it: Why does the need to re-topic a mimic of another Role-play of the same setting, style, and function? So you can be all God-like like your bitch-fist on Elder Scrolls 4? Yeah. I'm flaming you in the Flame Wars, motha' fucka'. Suck on that cock-strap!

Seriously, though. I've seen that exact thing happen TWICE in this thread now -- once toward Matthias, once toward myself. If you do not wish to argue, DON'T POST IN FLAME WARS, IDIOT. (See, I'm insulting you. NOW I'm acting like a child. Or drunk, I'm not sure which this falls into.)

Unlike this trippin' cracka', I'm not acting childish or drunk. Not at all. Stupid. <_< So, Zealous Zhelir, how you doin'? =]

Yes, well this argument has reached the point where it has become pointless and needlessly prolonged. I'm not going to back down on my opinion and I'm ending the argument. If Zhelir wants to continue this, tell him to PM me.

I bet you post back after me. Like, within' 4 minutes.

Well no matter how much you argue about that, it will stand. Their will continue to be more welcome posts. I think they are kinda usefull for people just starting out. Thats one thing I will agree.

Thought earlier you said you weren't going to post back in here. That you decided to drop it. o_o Either way, even if it wasn't you, I still expect another post from you within' 2 minutes.

Right, so, anything else I need to clarify? Oh, What the fuck is mooks? You little cock-straps let me know.

Matthias
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:52 am

Well this is all i have to say, I dont like being insulted so i never should have joined the flame wars, It makes enemys, commotion, and drama. If anyone considers me their enemy after this please dont becuase i hate enemys. Also All i really was trying to say in this thread which i posted a while back was If your joining a Thread, and you expect to be going on vacation, or are going to be gone for more than about 4 days then you simpily should not join the rp. becuase if you get into the middle of it and you life messes up the rp and you were the star at the time then its no good. I can understand things come-up becuase it hapens to me all the time. So agian im sorry if i insulted anyone or made any of you hate me. I will be sure I am wise about the next Thread i join thats in the Flame wars section

---Ultimak

Lamentations
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:00 pm

The time frame for your post, Ultimak was exactly 2 minutes! Like I said! So predictable! So readable! Such a flamboyant bottle drifting in a sea of deluded opinions! WOE TO YOU

But yeah. I like the whole "Nerd Bingo" thing. I'd have to say Peryite is in the lead on this game! They're "DON'T JOIN A RP IF YOU CAN'T POST BACK WITHIN' 2 MINUTES!" outdoes my "Crap. Work. Life. Trauma! I CAN'T POST BACK!" o_o

Matthias
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:36 pm

I had a fun day today, working, I went out to lunch, had a bite, and saw this on the front page, and I saw this abortion of English.

Person can't use Quotation marks wrote:If your joining a Thread, and you expect to be going on vacation, or are going to be gone for more than about 4 days then you simpily should not join the rp. becuase if you get into the middle of it and you life messes up the rp and you were the star at the time then its no good.

FIRST OF ALL

YOU ARE is NOT YOU POSSESSIVE FORM

Second, simply*, because*

Third, there are magical devices called periods. They help end sentences correctly. If you refuse to use them, the sentence becomes a run on. Please don't forget this, it makes me RAGE on many levels. There are enough spell checkers, (Firefox 3.x has one, and if you use IE, please use Microsoft Word, Open Office, or Abiword to spellcheck), and don't forget to proofread before typing. I have little hope for the future if in your aborted flame, you can't even bother to spell.

And now that that Grammar note is done, now for a Counter-Flame. You are saying, if I have you correct, that if I start a thread in January, I can't join if I want to go on Spring Break in February? We can't have nice things, because you are so much of a Sugar addicted, Hyperactive Attention Defect Disordered child that can't wait a week for others to post? My god, you are one of the worst Internet sociopaths I have seen in ages.

Ryand-Smith
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:43 pm

ultimak wrote:Well this is all i have to say, I dont like being insulted so i never should have joined the flame wars (=EXACTLY), It makes enemys, commotion, and drama. If anyone considers me their enemy after this please dont becuase i hate enemys (then you hate yourself for being one, supposedly ? Hmm ...). Also All i really was trying to say in this thread which i posted a while back was If your joining a Thread, and you expect to be going on vacation, or are going to be gone for more than about 4 days (OMGZ, you stated two earlier on, contradiction ...) then you simpily should not join the rp. becuase if you get into the middle of it and you life messes up the rp and you were the star at the time then its no good. I can understand things come-up becuase it hapens to me all the time. So agian im sorry if i insulted anyone or made any of you hate me. I will be sure I am wise about the next Thread i join thats in the Flame wars section

---Ultimak

How the hell can you predict that something will occur in your life that will hinder any RP you're currently in ? Shit happens, deal with it, most RPers who don't do one-lining speed posting know how to wait, build AROUND the damn gap, or the person involved can ask that his character be dragged along. There are workarounds, leaving an RP for 4 DAYS (OMFGZ !!!) is barely its downfall ... So, no. Missing out on four days does not constitute a valid ban from RPing !

... Ryand posted before me, head his shouting too, I was not going to comment on the appalling use of anglo-saxon, couldn't be arsed to pick up all the errors, I'm not a janitor. But yeah, spellcheck GODDAMNIT !

Selothi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:37 pm

I don't insist people post on my boards every ten minutes, asshole. I've finally lost my cool with all you "experts" twisting people's words around. You'll just intentionally misread what people are saying to start an argument. I NEVER said I wanted people posting on my board every ten minutes, so get your facts straight before you start handing out insults, moron.

Sent to me via Private Message. So lets get to it. Publicly.

1) Do not refer to me as an "expert" when I'm far from it.
2) Do not contradict yourself by calling me a moron when I never claimed to be an "expert".
3) Did I twist your words in reason 1 and 2?
4)

DUDE DONT JOIN IF YOu WONT BE ACTIVE. Its as simple as that. If you think you will be offline for more than a day or two then dont join an rp. Thats wrong

Provided by Ultimak.
That's my point exactly. There's nothing wrong with not being on. There might be a family emergency, or a scheduled vacation. That's fine. But if that happens, I would appreciate that person letting me know so I'm not left in suspense. Nothing stalls a fun and active RP like the disappearance of a key member.

Your response. Agreeing to it.
4a) I doubt anyone would get online to let you know someone in their immediate family entered the hospital, died, etc due to the fact their main focal point is exactly that. Not letting others that are participating in a Role-play with them of this. Otherwise, that's inconsiderate to the family member and shows disrespect: In my opinion.

5)

That's fine, and so are vacations. I don't demand anything from anybody

Then why are you complaining in this thread?

6) My 10 minute statement was just a hype. I'm glad you find it appealing.
7) How many times have you refreshed this page? =]
8) I'd like current Role-plays you're active in, too.
9) Hey! HEY! NOBODY TOLD ME WHAT A MOOK IS! >=[

Matthias
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True Grave on Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:45 pm

Find them for yourself. Just please don't start an argment with me on other boards. Neither I or anybody else will appreciate it. I'm assuming mook is Italian for moron, but I really don't know. I've only ever heard Italian guys say it.

True Grave
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Matthias on Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:52 pm

Oh. I don't like to start arguments on other boards. I just like to flow with them, much like I am in this one. The only difference is, you seem to continue with it after having said you were not going to touch this again. Yet, two posts by you later, and here you are.

For the record. Nobody appreciates it when somebody talks smack about them. As everyone is guilty of doing what the sole point of this thread is. Nobody can say they've stuck through all their Role-plays to the end. o_o

I wish this headache would go away. Stupid swing. Stupid Water. Stupid rocks. =(

Matthias
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:40 am

I gotta love ya Matthias [sends internet evil hug] ! And yes, contradiction is abound in this thread, like any "debate" really ... But still, you've contradicted yourself over and over again ultimak just to make it seem that you weren't such an internet refresh tyrant in the eyes of the others participating in this thread. I can't be arsed to fetch all the little quotes I could, 'cos my little 54kbits connection wouldn't keep up with it.

But, you've stated that people who can't be active shouldn't RP, because RPs all move at such a high speed that you'll miss everything, if I'm getting you right. Also, if you're planning to go on a vacation (or planning to be sick too as I understand it), you shouldn't join an RP, 'cos it'll die straight away, right ? Still with me ?

Then, you state vacations are fine, 1st contradiction. That if people can't post for 2 days, it's actually fine, when you stated it'd be the end of the world earlier on, and that, last but not least, you don't "demand anything from anybody". (WTFF ?!?!)

You're first asking everybody that ever participates in an RP with you to post in the second after you do 'cos you have nothing better to do than slam that mofo refresh button 'til its belly squeals, as does your mouse, then that people can't participate in any RP with you if they're planning to be sick or on vacation, or planning to plug into real life someday, and then you state that you don't demand anything from anybody ...

FUCKING CONTRADICTIONS ALL AROUND YOU LITTLE REFRESH SERIAL KILLER, ULTIMAK !!! CONTRADICTIONS ABOUND, THEY FLOW OUT OF EVERY WORD YOU BLOODY SAY, THEY OOZE OUT OF YOUR VERY BEING, LIKE A LAIR OF HUNGRY, WRIGLING WORMS AND SNAKES, AS YOU STAND BY A ROTTING CARCASS OF A FRESHLY KILLED REFRESH WHO NEVER DESERVED TO BE HAMMERED TO DEATH REPEATEDLY BY YOUR EVIL MOUSE-CLICKING FINGER !!! I DESPISE EVERY EXCUSE YOU FORMULATE, BECAUSE FOR EACH ONE, ANOTHER REFRESH DIES ... SEE THE NUMBERS ? THEIR POPULATION IS ON THE VERGE OF EXTINCTION SIMPLY BECAUSE OF YOUR EVIL MOUSE-HAMMERING FINGER !!! AND DON'T YOU DARE SAY OTHERWISE !!!

Phew, that felt good, see ya !

Selothi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cass on Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:57 am

1) About the annoyance. Yes, it is annoying. That is what OOC threads are for. If a person doesn't reply to me over an extended amount of time, I write myself out of that scene with them and move on. There is nothing saying your character can't blow them off or turn around muttering and exit stage left. I make my corrections IN Character and you know, if they want to stand there paused for two weeks and look the part of the fool, by all means let them.

2) About the welcome section? If you don't like it, go away. Go start a roleplay site from nothing, get this much attention and traffic and then have the nerve to come back bitching about the way the site is run. Stop coming off like your opinion on the welcome section is going to sway the administrators, it won't. I don't mean to be mean, but seriously, I have modded a site this big and it is alot of hard work. That welcome section helps this site, it helps incoming members to not feel so lost, it helps the admins to have a vague idea of the new names floating around and how to help them find the rps they want to find.

3) The pace for forum roleplay. It takes a longer amount of time to post in a forum setting than it does in live/live chat settings. I do indepth roleplays, I am content with one to three good post opportunities a day. And if you are vested in multiple stories, you can use up your other time doing those. If you want fast pace stories, find one or two people who are like minded and then pursue it. You are free to post up transcripts of live chat roleplay here too.

4) One of the truly unique things about this forum is that there is room for all. From one liners to paragraphic storytellers, everyone has a niche to call their own. While it is true that different types of artists tend to stick with their own preferences, there are enough styles here to accomodate even the pickiest of rpers. And there is not only room for growth, but a very special opportunity in the form of the Role Play Academy.

That's about all I have for now kiddies. <3

Cass
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby eternalfaithx on Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:59 pm

wow.
okay so i have a few opinions and statements on this topic.

NUMBER ONE: Let's seriously not bitch about the welcome desk thing. I mean honestly, do I even have to explain why? I personally never made one when I first got on, I just started my RP and then went from there. If you don't like it, don't read it.

NUMBER TWO: People seriously do have lives. And whether or not they're stalkerish on the computer or not, is no reason to have a cow. Maybe you should slow YOUR roll.

NUMBER THREE: There have been several times when an RP stops because it just goes back and forth as two players. (I know, I've been victim to this and also have done it) It's really a bad idea because people get lost and don't know where to come back in. So stop the two player back and forth thing and then break into a scene that admits all the other people.

Also, after this back and forth thing, I just stop rping because I don't have time to go check in and see if someone said something directed towards me.

NUMBER FOUR: My GOD Matthias. I do NOT want to be on your bad side. Bahaha.

And last by not least: I'm not here to insult anyone, so please don't feel offended. But I think a lot of times people should just CHILL out and stop acting like ten year olds.

The End. :]
only the strong will survive.

eternalfaithx
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohanna on Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:21 am

Intresting topic.
This sounds like a good plance to rant and laugh so heres my two cent

Number 1(Welcome Desk/ Controlling Chars/Shut up already)I must agree the welcome desk thing, yeah it doesn't bother me in fact i love that little thing because its just so handy, I mean come one you can say "hey I'm going away" "goodbye" "I'm back!" its simple yet awesome. HOWEVER what is NOT awesome is the people coming and trying to join your rp then take over UGH ANNOYING! It's like hi I'm-a-mega-awesome-charcater-who-can-kill-everyone-and-even-though-we've-never-met-I-know-your-whole-life-story-and-I'm-magically-your-brother/sister/cousin/lover-from-another-demension-where-I-went-crazy-and-killed-a-bunch-of-people-but-I-still-have-a-pure-spirit! I mean COME ON! That's just a load of Bs right there. The rping back between each other I find easy to break by just posting something involving two or more other people based on how many I'm rping with.

Number 2:(Law breakers)Don't you hate when you put simple rules..........and people ignore them? like hey no one liners and then someone goes and post one liners like 8 times in a row! I can understand once or twice but 3 5 6 8 TIMES its like WTF can you not read??? Or when people start going crazy, It's like you give them an inch and they take your rp and run away with it holding it hostage with their weapons of madness!!!!!!

Number 3(un needed wars/RP murders):OOC wars..........I cannot even begin! To count how many OOC wars I have seen, It's like you wake up and there's three pages of posts and they're ALL ooc war comments! TAKE IT TO PMS PEOPLE! XD It makes me want to rip my hair out when someone murders my rp! Or an Rp that I really enjoy because THEY lost interest, I mean come on it's like "oh I cant post but I don't have enough energy to PM SOME DAMN BODY and say HEY I'm dropping out, or at least post an OOC comment saying" BYE!" Don't just poof fight, fall in love, than vanish! Not only does it screw up the plot line and mess everyone else up........IT'S RUDE AS HELL! If you know your going on vacation it takes two second to say "I'm an leaving for such and such days goodbye bbl BRB SOMETHING!!!" Don't just never show back up! The last thing: Fighting non stop in the rp GIVE ME AN EFFING BREAK THERE IS NO WAY SOMEONE HAS THAT MUCH BEEF ALL THE TIME, TAKE IT, FRY It, GRIL IT, BAKE IT AND EAT AND SHUT UP FOR HALF A DAY!

Number 4:(No life/ Replying) Replying time, ok my friend and I have been logged on for like 15 hours before and weren't there. Our laptops/computer are just logged onto the site because half the time were too lazy to log in and out all the time. However most of the time we ARE, actually there. I don't think its fair to judge someones life based on how much time they spend on the net, I dish out a couple hours everyday ok MORE, then a couple almost and I have a social life, work, school Ect. Although I must admit when I wait for like an hour or two to get a reply and its like "I shot you in the arm and you fell to the ground" Thats upsetting to say the leasT

Number 5:(Rude!)Ok this is something rather rare but Ive seen it before I think it is beyond! Rude, to come in someones Rp and advertise in there like say hey i posted in blah blah blah i wanna CYBERSMACK someone for that! This Rp is NOT About what you and this other user are in. They have a list like everyone else on this site they will see you updated! Blunt disrespect for the owner of the rp how are you gonna boot them out of their own RP? Does that make any freaking sense? Even though YOU created it WE are just gonna totally rip your plot to shreds and make our own from the scraps and ashes of someone elses hard work(Dramatic I know) Ignoring people Zomg...........that is just annoying and gah it makes me wanna GAH! Dont do it! Especially not if It's an action how is someone gonne punch you into a wall and you never stopped moving!??!?!?!?!

Anyways ill shut up now and like eternal said I'm not pointing fingers or trying to offend anyone thats just the top 5 things off the top of my brain i could think of.
Ps Selothi you went ballistic didn't ya? XD
Last edited by Kohanna on Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image <-------made by me! Yes I know I'm epic but the fact still remains. I win you lose happy days and a pair of high heel shoes

Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

R.I.P my friend

Kohanna
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selothi on Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:49 am

Nah, just a bit of fun Kohanna, you went allot more mad than I did, I was in pure theatrical and dramatic, somewhat doomsaying jest, yours was a pure utter bitch-rant ! XD (joking ... maybe <.<)

Selothi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohanna on Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:02 am

OOC: HAHA, I actually thought about saying "Here goes my bitch rant" but then I was like nah..... It's only gonna be like a few sentences and then all of the sudden, I just went OFF! XD Either way it felt good to get that out.....

Kohanna
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OrangexDoorhinge on Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:00 am

Hyperactive Attention Defect Disordered child that can't wait a week for others to post? My god, you are one of the worst Internet sociopaths I have seen in ages.

Just to say here, its Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder. And I highly doubt that you would even be able to tell if someone had ADHD over someone who did not.

OrangexDoorhinge
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!