Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Another Step Towards Mecha

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: dealing with it

Have a subject that you'd like to debate that isn't about roleplay? This is the place.

Another Step Towards Mecha

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:11 pm

Just read about this ultra-lazy chair today, and I couldn't help but think of mecha. Seeing the video didn't help my cause, as the article started talking about RPGs and Machine Cannons, and then the video went and looked just like a battlemech powering up...

Pretty cool, though.
Ludwig von Mises, The Theory of Money and Credit wrote:Perpetual vigilance on the part of the citizens can achieve what a thousand laws and dozens of alphabetical bureaus with hordes of employees never have and never will achieve: the preservation of a sound currency.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Re: Another Step Towards Mecha

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:38 am

lol That's a funny coincidence. << The things people come up with.
I guess it is pretty cool. It's pretty tall too. I don't think it would ever fit in my house. v.v

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aelita
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:23 pm

Wow. o_o I really want one, now.

Kasurin
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:29 am

But can it combine with Futon, and desk to form the ultiamate entertainment system.... La-z-boy!

Ryand-Smith
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:23 am

Seems like much more work than it's worth. Unless it's going to one day replace wheelchairs. Now that would be sick.
As you recall, you know I love to show off,
But you never thought that I would take it this far.
What do you know?

Fancy a Butcher's?

aeleon
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:08 pm

But wouldn't wheels be faster and more efficient?

And don't we already have things JUST LIKE THAT that use wheels instead?

Village Alchemist
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aeleon on Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:23 am

Yeah, but considering the speed the legs go at, this invention is, and would be mostly for show.

I mean, by your logic, don't lazy people have legs that can go faster than that?

aeleon
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:17 pm

I love wheel chairs. I hope they don't take their places...well, I mean there are already electric wheel chairs...o.o scary...

Aelita
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:34 pm

This looks a lot like my chair, except it doesn't have the guns, or the full suit.. Wait no.. I'm imagining things again.. These blasted chocolates.. What is my reality!?!

Vexar
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tarmo of the Dusk on Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:07 pm

Your Mind is your reality.
That's why I don't visit it.
Because your mind is scary.

10600 words, 50k characters, come on in to Narazor... A world of it's own.

Tarmo of the Dusk
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:43 pm

lol I suppose that would be a good reason.
Now you are making me want chocolate Vexar. ^^"

Aelita
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:10 am

Correct.. my mind is a scary place.. it's all.. juicy... and brainy... Ew...

-grabs mo chocolates to shove down his soultubes-

Vexar
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:35 pm

Yea...ew. <<

-steals the rest of the chocolates and the cool chair-

Aelita
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:35 pm

Yeah.. sorry about that... -makes a cookie mecha-

Vexar
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:02 am

xD I want a chair (or something) that would bake chocolate chip cookies perfectly then bring them to me.

Aelita
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:17 am

Those are called maids <<; Mine works kinda opposite.. she sits in my lap afterwards <<; ... Actually it's called an amazing G/F <<;

Vexar
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:57 pm

XD Well, I'm not that mean to my lover. x3
Besides, I don't have the money for a maid. << And I'm not really into that.

Aelita
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.