Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

Anyone up for creating an alien race?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Anyone up for creating an alien race?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sehnsucht. on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:13 pm

So, I've been toying with the idea of giving people as much freedom with their characters as I possibly can, and in doing so decided that I really want to create a roleplay that leaves everything down to species open for creative genius. I have two basic ideas, both of which are set in alien-filled reaches of space.

Idea Number One::
An unknown number of years in the future, the Earth has died. Humans have been scattered all throughout space, settling mostly on planets that already have inhabitants of another species. Nowadays, full-blooded humans are rare, though they do exist despite rumors, and a lot of them (but not all) are living happily on a small planet called Terra. One ship headed for Terra, full of humans, aliens, and hybrids alike, for reasons that vary from being to being, doesn't make it there. Not the way they planned it, anyway. You are on that ship. It got pulled in, sucked down by an unpredicted gravitational force and crash landed on the surface of a planet many had heard of, but few thought to really exist. In legends and bedtime stories, mentions of this planet with it's maze-like surface have been scattered all throughout time and space- the only thing remaining the same with every story and every teller, is one line. "The only way out, is in." Nearly everyone has heard tales of what happens in the many layers of this planet, and what lies on the very last layer. Now you're going to find out what's true, and what is only make believe.

Idea Number Two::
The best of the best, including you, has been selected to take part in the highest honor the planet of Zepora has to offer: guarding the life of their esteemed Princess. Some of you signed up for this, some of you did not- but you have all been given the job regardless of such a small tidbit. For some reason or another, the royal family and their allies have deemed you necessary in the mission of protecting the heir to Zepora's throne. The Princess is being hunted all throughout space, by the citizens and followers of Zepora's oldest rival planet. Try to think of it as an adventure, if that helps; you'll get to go anywhere, so long as you keep the Princess alive.

For the sake of IC activity, let's assume that pretty much everyone goes through a washing of some extraterrestrial microbes, or has a chip installed in their brain, or something at a very young age, so that their brains automatically translate almost every alien language there is. You may make someone who doesn't, or a race/species whose language isn't included, just keep in mind that this will probably make it difficult for said character to be able to communicate with other characters, and vice-versa.

So, is anyone interested?
Last edited by Sehnsucht. on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sehnsucht.
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Humans, Aliens, Adventure- oh, my!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BriBriBearx on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:46 pm

I'm very very very interested in the first idea, but I think the second idea holds more plot to go by. Either way, I'm likely to join either if you create this. That's saying a lot considering I usually avoid sci-fi roleplays. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BriBriBearx
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Humans, Aliens, Adventure- oh, my!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sehnsucht. on Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:42 pm

Oh, yay! :) I feel honored. <3

Also, yes, the first one is actually less developed as it came from a dream I had just earlier today. I'm still tinkering with a few ideas of what actually is in/on the last level of the planet, and what keeps them from leaving (other than gravity and the fact that their ship is sort of dead after crashing). I'd love to have some input from anyone interested as to those sorts of things, as well. (: Really, that one is so open for discussion it's almost ridiculous.

Sehnsucht.
Member for 11 years

Re: Anyone up for creating an alien race?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:52 pm

This sounds quite interesting, I must say. If you happen to decide to make either of these ideas a reality (in the purely idiomatic sense of the term), I'd love to hear about it, and possibly join. (^_^)

If you would like any help developing plot and so forth, that's something of a forte of mine. I don't think you'd necessarily need it, but the offers there.

Good luck, and happy creating!
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 12 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:22 pm

I would play this roleplay, if you were older or older people decided to play. Other than that, great story ideas, I wish you the best in searching for people to play your roleplays.
ImageSong of the Day: FFXIII-2: Ruined Hometown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpsgk7b3R3w
With love.

spirit_is_shining
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:31 pm

IDEA NUMBER ONE HAS ME PUMPED

Averagebear
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Winds Of Fate on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:40 pm

I like the first idea, but the second one is rather interesting as well. I suppose either would be fun to partake in. :-)

Winds Of Fate
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightgem on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:46 pm

Hmmm, both ideas sound really awesome. I agree with earlier comments that the second one does sound a bit more developed, but the first one could be really cool too. Agh, I don't know, but I've already got the beginnings of a character in my head, so I am in. XD

Nightgem
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby YuraTenchi on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:40 pm

I think either idea could work fairly well, although I like the first one better than the second despite it being less developed than the second.
I am me, hear me roar -- MEOW! ^_^

YuraTenchi
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby A Rubber Chicken on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:15 am

While I don't want to sound like I'm following the flock here, I agree with the majority that Idea 1 sounds incredibly interesting but Idea 2 has more potential for plot. That said, I love the sound of Idea 1 and if it gets up and running I'd definitely be interested in creating a character. Do keep us all updated, seems you have quite the following growing here.

A Rubber Chicken
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbDora on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:23 pm

I adore both ideas, actually!

DumbDora
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sehnsucht. on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:32 pm

You guys make my life a better place. Yes, it is a place now.
I think I'm going to start getting Idea 1 up tonight (as soon as I'm done with my homework...). I might start idea 2 up when Idea 1 is running well. :D

Sehnsucht.
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Averagebear on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:22 pm

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT

I need to track down the person who told me that chanting things gets me what I want so I can kill them.

Averagebear
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby onetrickpony on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:43 pm

Woohoo. I'm glad you're getting idea uno up. I love how much potential lies within an inescapable planet with multiple interlocking maze like levels/layers. And a group of stranded individuals is always a good call for character development... but at the same time... they're not just stranded... they have a mission... it's moving forward... SO THERE'S SO MUCH PLOT POTENTIAL. Gahh, it's getting me weepy just thinking about how cool it can/will be.

***********[EDIT] kill them. kill them. kill them. kill them.
Carpe diem bitches.

onetrickpony
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:17 am

The first idea will require a very good gm who can control things properly. He must be the creative one.
the second idea has a questy feeling to it.
the idea of very high customization will provide a massive headache to the gm. he has to keep track of everyone's abilities... many chances for cheaters. increase the number of players and it will become increasingly cumbersome.
but if you create the world do pm me. would love to have a crack at it(being one of the characters that is, being a gm is too much work :).
ImageRespect ma authoritah!
Are you irritated at coming last in every single thing? Don't worry. For just a cookie, I'll be TheFinalOne.

TheFinalOne
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyle Kalrian on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:01 pm

I'd love to join Nezzy. Both ideas sound good to me and I've already got a bunch of ideas for races, though one sticks out most for me. Second it's up, and I'm awake and available, I'll be in there like flynn. XD
'Any idiot can handle a crisis - it's this day-to-day living that wears you out.' - Anton Chekhov

Tyle Kalrian
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Winds Of Fate on Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:48 pm

*giggles* oh this is going to be great

Winds Of Fate
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby A Rubber Chicken on Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:49 am

Brilliant! If I could get a quick PM when this gets up and running I'd be forever grateful!

A Rubber Chicken
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raize on Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:21 pm

Stupendous! I would also not mind receiving a private message when the roleplay is completed.
"Uhhhhhhhhhh." - Karisse

Raize
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ValaunDae'Voth on Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:32 am

I think both are quite interesting.
1 sounds dystopic, and 2 seems like it'd be easier to run and develop a plot, and if you still plan on everyone doing up an alien race, that would make things all the better.

I actually have a race that I created for another RP that would work rather well.
Image Image

ValaunDae'Voth
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!