Book of Fairy -Reboot-

App Here!

a part of “Book of Fairy -Reboot-”, a fictional universe by Zallen.

Magic is myth, isn't it?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Book of Fairy -Reboot-”.
Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

Re: App Here!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zallen on Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:51 pm

@SkyCladSaya06 - sorry, but rejected. Dr jekyll and Hyde doesn't count as a fairytale - its a novel that's more focused on science and realism. You'll have to choose from a fairytale character instead. Good luck!

Love Akira's original personality tho!
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me... because what I create cannot harm me. As the rubber to your pencilled, weak glue, what you say bounces off me and sticks back to you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zallen
Member for 2 years
Author Promethean World Builder Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:53 am

Figures. Wasn't exactly sure myself. Here's another attempt.

Name || Alia Richter

Age || 17

Fairytale || Tsarevitch Ivan, the Firebird and the Gray Wolf (Character: The Gray Wolf)

Ability || Alia can assume the identity of another, given that the requirements are fulfilled. It's not shapeshifting as shapeshifting implies a change in physical appearance. In Alia's case, what she alters is the people's perception of her, causing everyone within a ten meter radius to acknowledge her as who she claims to be regardless of appearance, gender, age and personality.

(For instance, she can claim to be a member of the Japanese Diet and people within her effective range will acknowledge her as such.)

She needs to have two things in order to assume another's identity though. The target person's name and an item that belongs to that person. Given this setup, it is also possible to take the identity of someone who has already passed away.

The "disguise" comes off once the actual person she's masquerading as comes within ten meters of her power's range. Aside from that, she can already turn it off by assuming her own name again or a different person's.

Discovered Powers || Yes

Joined Club || No

Premise || Alia hails from a different land and as such, tends to stick out like a sore thumb among the crowd. She's normally reserved and quiet, even coming across as lethargic at times, especially on slow days. She is approachable though some may find her tone of voice to be quite dismissive and even rude at times.

She mostly hails from a troubled household. She was initially born wealthy but grew up poor as her father, the primary inheritor of her grandfather's estate was killed in a plot hatched by her three uncles, her father's brothers, condemning her and her mother to a difficult life.

Nonetheless, they managed to get on by themselves, enduring a financially lacking life by doing odd jobs here and there, allowing Aila to receive basic education until high school. When she discovered her powers, she managed to utilize this to get back at her uncles, reclaiming the fortune that should have been theirs--her mother dying in the process.

Using her newfound wealth, she escapes to Japan, where she hoped to lie low until such time as the incident dies down.

Face Claim || Artoria Pendragon Alter from Fate/Grand Order

Hexcodes || #ffd269/#f7b20e

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 5 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lostsoulsbleed on Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:30 am

Hey Zalen, I really love the creativity of this and would be ecstatic to join in but wanted to get the powers/characters I chose approved before I really got into the character building part of it.
I want to do one male and one female character (don't know which will be which yet). One whose fairy tale is Aladin (the character being the Genie) and the other whose fairy tale is Beauty and the Beast where her character is actually both Belle and Adam(the Beast).

The Genie's ability will be to grant "wishes". I was thinking that her ability could be a bit more open though still limited. It would be tied to whoever had her "lamp" (which I will probably make a bracelet or ring or something). If they were in possession of their own lamp they would be able to sense and grant the wishes or desires of others around them. This would be limited in many way like how often they would be able to do it as well as how badly the person wanted the wish to come true. Also, cause they would have the lamp it would be their choice whether they granted it or not. If someone else had the lamp wishes the Genie would only be able to sense the wishes and desires of that person or people they touch and they can only grant the wishes of the one person. Plus the wishes have to be verbally spoken. (probably more but that's the most I got so far)

As for the Beauty and the Beast one I'm going to pm you about it just cause it's easier

Lostsoulsbleed
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kestrel on Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:05 am

Heya Lostsouls, we had a discussion on wish granting earlier when someone else brought it up, so I think I can answer that in Zallen's stead. The problem with the ability is that it's essentially omnipotence, which means that when teamed up with a second person, the user can do pretty much anything. For example, in a dangerous fight, how badly someone wants a wish that saves their skin to come true isn't really a true limitation. It'd be really appreciated if you could pick a different ability.
Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover.

Kestrel
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zallen on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:16 am

@Skyclad - I like the concept of the power, but I'll have to add in a requirement that people who know the character well can potentially see through it - she can alter people's perception of her physical looks and voice, but that does nothing for her acting ability. If she doesn't talk like the person, move like the person or have enough knowledge to act like how they would, people will feel like somethings off and can discover that its an imposter. She can fool people on a surface level, but digging deeper reveals her. Other than that, its pretty good.

However, for the premise - I'm sorry, but you'll have to change it. The lore is that the powers only appeared a few weeks before the rp, and its confined to the city the book was open in. Before that, they're otherwise normal people. As she's from another country, she's not gonna have powers, rendering her going to Japan and lying low moot. Maybe she and her mom were in dire traits and her mom went to her uncles for help? Maybe her mom shipped her off to Japan? Or something else, depending on what you can come up with.

Also, what country is she from? How did her past affect her personality? Does she know what her uncles did? If so, how?

As always, if you need help with backstory or personality or anything else, I'll do my best to offer possible solutions. : D

Zallen
Member for 2 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:32 am

When you say people who knows the character well, do you mean people who know her well or people who knows whom she's masquerading as well? Either case, it's alright. Kind of renders the whole ability moot but I'll get by.

As for the premise, she's of German descent. I can alter it so that she and her mother escaped to Japan when she was still young. A few weeks when their powers appeared, she catches wind of her uncles being in the country and hatches a plan to dispose of them, accidentally discovering her abilities by then. Mother still dies though.

Her whole goal in the story would revolve around her trying to leave the country, requiring a lot of time and money, forcing her to stay in Japan a little while longer, encountering the others like her along the way. Whether she opts to stay in the country or leave...would of course depend on what happens.

Sound alright?

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 5 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zallen on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:35 am

@Lostsouls - Kestrel is right - wishing powers are pretty overpowered, so no go on that, I'm afraid. If you need help with discussing roles or powers for that character, though, I'm happy to help! Just Pm me. Also, I'll reply to your pm as soon as possible.

@Momari - forgot to say this, but Aiden is accepted. Sorry!

@Those who've been accepted - please get a cs up by the end of the week! We're starting the rp then, so its essential to have your character ready by then.

Zallen
Member for 2 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zallen on Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:19 am

@Sky - nah, its just people who know the person she's masquerading well that have the potential to figure it out. So like say, for example, she masquerades as my character Akihiko, people will think of her as Akihiko since thats what she looks and sounds like. But Akihiko is a very boastful and odd dude, so if she for example doesn't go on about being the embodiment of perfection much (annoying everyone else in the process) and instead goes into spock speak, people will notice something as off, since its not Akihiko's usual behaviour. Akihiko is taller than her (an example), so if she takes a stepladder for something he can easily reach, people will definitely find it odd, since he's tall enough to not need a stepladder. The more people find his behaviour unusual, the more they'll think something is wrong.

As for what I mean by close friends having the potential to figure out that its not the real person, I mean its because they have more knowledge about the person she's pretending to be. For example, say the person she's masquerading as is someone who hates eating green pea soup. If she eats green pea soup while pretending to be him, most acquaintances might find nothing amiss, but those who do know him would be suspicious, since he hates the soup but is eating it.

Another example would be if the person she's pretending to be has expert knowledge on birds. If someone asks her a question, and she can't answer, people who don't know the person would find nothing wrong, but people who know the person would think something was off, since the character is suppose to have knowledge on birds.

Your characters power is changing people's perception of her physical appearance and voice. However, changing her looks and voice doesn't mean changing what they know about the person she's pretending to be, or that her behaviour and knowledge can match their behaviour and knowledge. That would depend on her knowledge of the person and her acting ability. It's effectiveness depends on how well the person is known by others - acquaintances and strangers would be fooled, since they don't know the person well to know if they're behaving strangely. The people who do know that person well, however, would probably be fooled at first, but the more they interact, the more they'd find something amiss, since your character might slip up or get asked something she doesn't know the answer of. Whether they do find out depends on both the character and her ability to bluff. It's a pretty logical weakness, I feel.

As for the character, well, I'll reply to you in pm, as well as respond to any questions or problems you have the same way.

Zallen
Member for 2 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:40 am

Name || Takeshi Suzuki

Age || 18

Fairytale || Tsarevitch Ivan, the Firebird and the Gray Wolf (Character: The Gray Wolf)

Ability || As with the Grey Wolf in the tale, Takeshi can assume the identity of another person. It is different from shapeshifting as in the case of shapeshifting, the user alters their physical appearance and perhaps voice. Takeshi alters people's perception instead. It's like putting on a disguise without actually needing to dye one's hair or put on different clothes.

Through trial and error, Takeshi managed to deduce that his power's effective range is a ten meter radius. Anybody outside that zone is unaffected by his perception changing abilities. He can keep a disguise indefinitely, so long as the actual person he's masquerading as does not step within his effective range as it is a sure-fire way to cancel his power. Another thing to note is that this power only alters people's perception in the physical sense. They would still become suspicious if he acts differently from the person he is masquerading as.

He needs two requirements in order for him to use this power: The full name of the person he'll be masquerading as and an item from the said person. Technically three as it also requires the actual person to be outside his effective range. Once he has put on a "disguise" he can take it off by taking on another's disguise or by reassuming his own identity. This power works even if he is to put on the disguise of a dead person.

Discovered Powers || Yes

Joined Club || Not yet

Premise || Takeshi is a paradoxical character in that he's very friendly and outgoing and at the same time, nihilistic and lethargic. He's kind of an average Joe kind of character--the ones who never truly stand out from the rest due to a multitude of reasons.

His family life is, aside from a couple of details, is fairly normal. No mother, raised by a single father who could hardly give a damn about how he does at school. He eventually moves out to attend Ichiro High yet the two still have means of contacting each other. Rarely does so.

Encounters powers via an accident when he passed a couple of robbers that had just looted a convenience store and picking up a dropped ID, reading the name out loud, accidentally triggering the "disguise". This caused everyone to view him as the culprit and was arrested. Only after dropping his real name were the allegations dropped and he was let out.

Face Claim || Toma from Amnesia

Hexcodes || #ffd269/#f7b20e

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zallen on Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:54 am

@Saya - Suzuki Takeshi accepted! For CS, surname first, first name last, since Japan tends to go by first names.

Link to discord is on the Ooc!

Zallen
Member for 2 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!