Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

April 1912: Reawakened

April 1912: Reawakened

a part of “April 1912: Reawakened”, a fictional universe by uniquest.

Second chances are not given to make things right. But are given to prove that we could be better even after we fall. I recreate the course of history not to ensure that Titanic completes its voyage, but to recreate the moments where we could have. {OPEN}

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “April 1912: Reawakened”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: April 1912: Reawakened

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nezzyrps on Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:00 pm

Yeah it's really old, Google translate probably doesn't know what to do with it. Here's a 1914 translation of the most common version, to sate your curiosity:

"But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing of a pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain of itself, because it is pain, but occasionally circumstances occur in which toil and pain can procure him some great pleasure. To take a trivial example, which of us ever undertakes laborious physical exercise, except to obtain some advantage from it? But who has any right to find fault with a man who chooses to enjoy a pleasure that has no annoying consequences, or one who avoids a pain that produces no resultant pleasure?

On the other hand, we denounce with righteous indignation and dislike men who are so beguiled and demoralized by the charms of pleasure of the moment, so blinded by desire, that they cannot foresee the pain and trouble that are bound to ensue; and equal blame belongs to those who fail in their duty through weakness of will, which is the same as saying through shrinking from toil and pain. These cases are perfectly simple and easy to distinguish. In a free hour, when our power of choice is untrammeled and when nothing prevents our being able to do what we like best, every pleasure is to be welcomed and every pain avoided. But in certain circumstances and owing to the claims of duty or the obligations of business it will frequently occur that pleasures have to be repudiated and annoyances accepted. The wise man therefore always holds in these matters to this principle of selection: he rejects pleasures to secure other greater pleasures, or else he endures pains to avoid worse pains."
Image Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

nezzyrps
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 143xinfinity on Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:20 pm

Elizabeth Debicki uniquest.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

143xinfinity
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby uniquest on Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:39 pm

143xinfinity,yes i know. i have to update the introduction page anyway.
"originality is dead."

uniquest
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nezzyrps on Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:44 pm

Victor Davies yum

nezzyrps
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Terraformer on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:43 am

mfw I read the last few posts

Terraformer
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 143xinfinity on Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:47 am

Elizabeth Debicki is the faceclaim of my girl character. The only thing that I'm concerned about is most of her gifs are based off of The Great Gatsby, the 1920s. A big time difference.

143xinfinity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nezzyrps on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:52 am

hahaha totally haven't watched titanic three times since joining this roleplay LOL nope not at all >.>

nezzyrps
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Terraformer on Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:53 am

I mean a lot of my gifs are period appropriate but they're more about see the character in motion than seeing them in the right time period.

Terraformer
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby uniquest on Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:07 pm

yes. It may seem difficult finding the "appropriate" gif/s for your character; however, i mainly just search on google : [face claim of character] gif hunt, or i just go to tumblr.
by the way, that is a long name Jacqueline has there ..

uniquest
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 143xinfinity on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:04 pm

I just put random words together to make it sound French, and no lie I had my French teacher pronounce it for me. It was not pretty.

143xinfinity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:21 pm

As much as I want to finish my characters tonight, I really need sleep. I should be able to finish them tomorrow.

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby uniquest on Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:07 am

slightlyinsane, it is quite alright. i've noticed everyone trying to cram in a completion of their character/s before friday. lol. i will be the same, so do not fret. sleep child.

uniquest
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Terraformer on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:28 am

So close to being done! If anyone can grasp my character at this point feel free to PM me for relationships.

Also, question. How are we going to do relationships considering none of our characters would have met before this.

Terraformer
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby uniquest on Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:34 am

Immayahoka, most characters have known each other since before. For example, Lawerence and Jacqueline were once engaged, and now they are surprised when they see themselves boarding the same ship to America.
In addition, the purpose of a relationship thread is not to plan your relationship amongst other characters from the past, it is planning what is to come in the future. Basically, we will be acting as if our characters have heard quite a bit about one another, and what they think of them based on their perspective. Make sense?

uniquest
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hotairballoon on Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:48 am

This looks absolutely lovely! I have been trying to get back into roleplaying for a little while now, and this looks like the perfect place to start.

Could I reserve a first class female with the FC Holland Roden please?

Yes! It's actually the first movie that my boyfriend and I ever saw together-- his choice, not mine.
I like people and I like them to like me, but I wear my heart where God put it, on the inside. -F. Scott Fitzgerald

hotairballoon
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nezzyrps on Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:37 pm

(Just so you all know, I'm super busy today and tomorrow because of family stuff irl, it's my sister's birthday)

nezzyrps
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hotairballoon on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:44 am

I'm almost done with Blanche! Anyone who wants to check her out and give me feedback/figure out relationships is welcome to PM me.

hotairballoon
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nezzyrps on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:22 am

I'm still figuring Rod out oops but Henry is 100% finished so if anyone wants to talk about relationships with her go ahead and PM me <3

nezzyrps
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hotairballoon on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:08 pm

I'm officially done with Blanche woot woot. I'll be PMing people for relationships when I get home. I like to read people's sheets, get a good idea of a character, and give a few fleshed-out ideas, so I want to wait until I can put the effort into people that they deserve :)

hotairballoon
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlueTeddyBearMelody on Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:36 am

I hope this doesn't become a no start~
β€œWe are creatures of the underworld~ We can’t afford Love~”

BlueTeddyBearMelody
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!