Announcements: Changes to Universe of the Week! » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » NaNoWriMo 2020 » A vacuum salesman in the Multiverse. » Being bored at work makes you do crazy things » Question here from the FNG » Recommendations of Reading material. » Do you "follow" characters to receive notifications? » My 2 Fav Poems! » Simple Vs. Detailed RPG Layouts » Warning About Communist-Inspired Upheaval and Revolution » The Best Sentence » Universe of the Month Nominations » The SCPF Wiki Project (not related to SCP Project in 2016) » What influences you as you write? And why? » Preventing Bitrot by Hosting Images on RPG » Interesting YouTube Videos » Xamoyan Bestiary »

Players Wanted: Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos » roleplayers wanted for shifters world. » The UCF- a (soon to be) group in the MV » Neothea: Phyrian Galaxy (Open) » Students Wanted: Arcane and Human alike » A Once Upon a Time Adventure. »

Season of Giving 2020

At the end of perhaps our craziest year yet, we choose to celebrate our writing family with that extra touch of gratitude. Tip your fellow authors for a chance to win 10,000 INK, with leaderboards updated daily.

Merry Christmas from RPG! 🎅

April MFA ¦ "Third Time's A Charm!": WINNERS!

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

April MFA ¦ "Third Time's A Charm!": WINNERS!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:31 pm

RPGateway wants to feature YOUR artwork

The theme for April is "Third Time's A Charm!"

in honor of this being the third MFA.

The winner/winners will be featured on RPGateway's dA page

Deadline is April 20th

Every month, there will be a theme for you all to interpret and draw. It doesn't even have to be a sketch-- it could be a comic, animation, photograph, piece of writing, anything you want.

At the deadline, the one that reflects the theme the best will be uploaded onto the RolePlayGateway deviantart gallery

An example of the quality of entries we have received so far can be found here.

RULES:
    → Please upload or link all images in this topic.
    → Submit as many entries as you wish.
    → Judges are yet to be decided but most likely will be the Artwork mods
    → Any ORIGINAL digital medium accepted (including scanned works, audio recording, etc).
    → If you choose to use works that were not created by you (such as photos, images, or graphics), please cite your sources accordingly.

---

RESULTS!

At last! You all have my apologies for getting this up so late. I had the judges redirect their results to me.

So, anyway, despite the rather difficult theme this time, we got some pretty creative entries! Thanks for all your interest!

[size=200]Winners!

3rd Place:
A Comic by Myrin

2nd Place:
A Sketch by Vexar

AND FINALLY...

1st Place goes to:
Hammered by Angel_Melfina

The entries will be put on roleplaygateway on dA for all to see

Congrats, you all! Hopefully the theme for May's MFA will be a little more popular. : )

Have fun with this, guys![/size]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kasurin
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: April MFA ¦ "Third Time's A Charm!"

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:30 pm

I see you guys lookin' at this, but not posting. Naughty, naughty!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kasurin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:55 pm

You just posted it yesterday! Give us some time. :)

<3
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 15 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:12 pm

Yes, we have the whole month to post <<; No need to mega spam us <<; We know what's goin on, thanks mate.

Vexar
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhiteDragon on Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:16 pm

Um does taking photos of drawings count??

WhiteDragon
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:39 pm

Yes! It's art. =D!

Kasurin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhiteDragon on Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:42 am

Ok, then here:
Original Character-Alice

My main character for World of Warcraft-Level 41 Night Elf Hunter; Kattheif

WhiteDragon
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:24 pm

For this month I submit three pieces of art. Each with three different pieces inside of them.

This I drew a while back.

The other two are attachment links, please click them for a full view. They were actually made in full for this contest ^^. They were taken behind where we live (Myself and Rozwell)
Attachments
amfa2.jpg
This is, also, three seperate images. This one most suits the third time's a charm. It is the final submission, a third attempt at the contest ^^.
apmfa.jpg
This is three separate pictures, merged into one. The planet itself is made with three different layers in photoshop.

Vexar
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:22 am

For everyone - make sure you reflect the theme set for MFA in your submissions.

Kasurin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:48 am

That's what I've done ^^ Each one consists of the three pieces to hopefully let me win. The first one.. a drawing of three parts.

The second two are three photos stitched together. The planet in each of those last two consist of three layers ^^. I even only submitted three in hopes of one of them being the third time as a charm ^^

Vexar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:06 am

I didn't point that to you, I was just making a general statement which was clearly stated. No need to explain yourself or your artwork. However, honestly, there should be no need to speak for your art pieces - they should speak for themselves.

Kasurin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kijuki-X on Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:19 pm

Ok since Mid (Myrin) has been grounded she has asked me to post these entries for her.

So, THESE ARE MYRIN'S ENTRIES AND NOT MINE

MYRIN MYRIN MYRIN
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/ ... an0057.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/ ... an0058.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/ ... an0059.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/ ... an0060.png

Kijuki-X
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:47 pm

Alright! Will definitely note that those were Myrin's entries. =D

Kasurin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:53 pm

Well! I see how it is.

Deadline is Sunday, ya'll!

Kasurin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:10 pm

OH EM GEE, YOU GUYS! I really like this theme! I'd enter, but you know, judges can't submit : (
Love,
Dovelina Ophelia Vitriana Emmeline Yvesson IV

Dovey
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:33 am

Not that I've had the time to do anything, but I'm having a really hard time interpreting this theme. I'm trying to stick to the photography thing since I've taken a liking to it, but am not sure how to take a photo representing this without having to edit the photo. I'm still keeping an eye out, though.

<3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 15 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhiteDragon on Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:36 pm

-.- I don't get this at all, you don't have to count my pics if you don't want to.

WhiteDragon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:34 pm

Keep trying, guys! Ya got til' Sunday!

Kasurin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:53 pm

My entry, last minute as usual:

HAMMERED:

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kasurin on Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:23 pm

Well, it's officially over. No more entries, please.

Kasurin
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!