Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

The Garden: An Arcadian Boneyard

Arcadian Asylum

a part of “The Garden: An Arcadian Boneyard”, a fictional universe by duramon.

A high fantasy, semi-apocalyptic, guild-based, evolving adventure epic set in a world called The Garden. The games have begun and The Nameless are attempting to rise again, however this time, they have your help.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Garden: An Arcadian Boneyard”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Arcadian Asylum

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:56 am

Oops :x Sorry Zalgo.

What did she mean, indeed, chaotix. What did she mean.. Mmm, I suppose you will have to post, and wait once again for the posting order, to find out. Tune in next on Totally Non-Erotic Literature. Let's do it. Let's ditch Zalgo. (lol jk I'm a good person ok)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Layla
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ritnio on Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:22 pm

Layla....could you post in the right place? It's not a big deal or anything, it just irks me.
Other than that, I have a question. Do I have to change my character's age according to the time era they came from? (1500) or just leave it?

Like, say the current year were 1800 in the rp. Would I have to change her age to 300 year old? I know it's trivial but It's the little things that bug me the most....
Bet you were expecting something. Too bad there is nothing! Well, besides my words...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ritnio
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Streamwatcher Recruiter Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zalgo on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:06 pm

I apologize for not posting as fast as I should. My work schedule as of late as been pretty intense so I've had little time for writing. I'll get my post out now so we can continue forth.
If there is a signature here it is because the author probably forgot to disable it before posting.

Zalgo
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaotix14 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:14 pm

Zalgo, no worries. At least from my perspective it doesn't matter. Afterall we went through an entire cycle of six posts in about 24 hours, which in itself is quite remarkable considdering the total size of the posts.(although Layla holds most of that volume) And as fun as RPing might be, real life always comes first.
While of course I do prefer to strike the iron when it's hot, a slower pace allows for me to think more about what I am going to write.
Death came to town.

chaotix14
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:37 pm

Oh my gosh. Thank you so much for reminding me, Aera!!

Lol oh post size. Umm, yeah. It will get smaller once all the first impressions wane.

Layla
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NobodiesHiiro on Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:58 am

Geez louise people, lol. You're startin' to make me feel like I made my poor Wayland go to bed a wee bit early. Might have to abuse him a little and have him wake up or something.

NobodiesHiiro
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaotix14 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:15 am

Well you gotta understand that after all that fighting I(and I think that goes for most of us) really wanted some time to interact with the other characters, build up some initial dispositions between the characters and in general write about something that isn't smashing faces.

chaotix14
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NobodiesHiiro on Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:44 am

Nah, I got that. I was makin' a joke. (doesn't come across right in text form.) Though, either way I'm good. Looking forward to the interview things in the morning.

NobodiesHiiro
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:24 am

If you want, we can pretend Keres left something in the room and Wayland could return it to her (or she could go back for it). But depending on when dura wants to post, all our characters might go to sleep now, too.

She has a diadem (a crown with a dangly thing, pretty much) that she shrinks into a bracelet. It might've fallen off or something. It's the closest picture I could find but the real thing is crazy luminescent. The entire thing is carved out of one huge slab of crystal that only exists in the Elvish realms and it's embedded in red, purple and blue gems.

It's really important to her so twist that however you want, be a gentleman, blackmail her with it, anything. It's up to you if you want him to find it, of course ^^ They could just go to sleep. Or he might notice it the next day, or we can just scratch that idea.

Layla
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ritnio on Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:35 am

I get the feeling Keres REALLY hates Aera from a misunderstanding XD Aera spoke of her own relative age which Keres seems to mistook for Aera knowing something she should not.
And note to everybody... In terms of curses or charms and stuff... Only Myon is affected by such as Aera is nothing more than an empty shell. Binds will work though.

Its only a side-bonus from having the soul removed from the body. But once you get the soul with a charm/curse whatever.... It'll affect the body as well. just letting everybody know.

Ritnio
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Streamwatcher Recruiter Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:09 pm

Keres doesn't hate Aera at all >.< She's just annoyed and frustrated by her because she and Ivan appear to not only be resistant to her charms, but highly perceptive, too. She just doesn't want her cover ruined. Apocalys promised her anything if she managed to infiltrate the Nameless recruits and River and there's something she really wants.

Layla
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaotix14 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:43 am

Oh, I thought it was because neither took the hint to invite her over to a private room for some totally non-erotic action. ;p

chaotix14
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ankti on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:28 am

Forgive me, I didn't read the posts close enough before doing mine. I'll work up a new one and get it up ASAP.

EDIT: All fixed.
Last edited by Ankti on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ankti
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby duramon on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:39 am

I've just been lurking and reading stuff, Content for everyone to potter along and get to know each-other and interact whilst River stays tapped out (He's anti-social as all of hell combined anyway so he'd Keres it up (wut) with charm and niceties and really just want something else x3) that is until I pondered through the OOC as I have done as of recent and saw this.

Apocalys promised her anything if she managed to infiltrate the Nameless recruits and River

infiltrate the Nameless recruits and River

Infiltrate River
Life is merely a puzzle,and every being,every object,every speck of existence. Is but a small piece of an infinitely expanding picture.

My OTP, TheXenomorph1 X Pika_Girl

duramon
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ritnio on Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:31 pm

duramon wrote: Infiltrate River

I know how a man would "infiltrate" River but not sure how a female would...
Unless I'm thinking about this too much....

Changing subject of this reply....Letting everybody know, Aera/Myon keep a kind of Log-book which contains information on enemies and allies they meet. Including, fighting style, magic proficiency, stuff like that. But... If anybody saw the drawings, they'd be REALLY offended XD Aera draws as if she has Parkinson's...which she doesn't.

So, uh....yeah. Also... Am I being a little too pushy with my posts? I think I might be...

Ritnio
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaotix14 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:57 pm

Yeah, awkward. Though somehow I wouldn't put it beyond Keres, nor Layla for that matter, to attempt something like that.

Perhaps if she put more of her feelings into the drawings they would improve... Oh wait, there's your problem. ;p
And unless I am just insensible for such things, which is quite possible actually, your posts don't really seem pushy too me.

So... After having Ivan't avatar being an annon for such a long time it finally got on my nerves enough to make the avatar.

chaotix14
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ritnio on Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:27 pm

Aera can do just about everything on her own from cooking to hunting to even building her own home.... or killing the beast which resides in a cave in order to use the cave as a house. She is also a sword for hire and still is even in this new world XD Though only Keres would know that as she has the information to know so.

And Ivan has an Avatar now!? Cool!

Ritnio
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ritnio on Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:35 pm

Am I the only one who noticed that Zalgo has written almost the same amount as Duramon?
I was looking at the percentages for the Author section in the intro. Dura is at like, 1600400% and Zalgo at 1405400%!

Holy Hakurei! How can you people write so bloody much!? I know Dura is the GM but still... Wow..

Ritnio
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaotix14 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:43 pm

The numbers themselves don't really make much sense to me, even less with how they are expressed in percentages adding up way above 100%.(which from a theoretical standpoint, asside from when expressing a rate of growth, is nonsense) But in any case the amount they put out is impressive, for me a 600 word post is quite massive to write.(also because I prefer to write it in one sitting) And we shouldn't forget about Layla, as I have the impression she might overtake Zalgo sooner or later.

But that all being said, the amount isn't the only thing that counts. Grammar/spelling, pace and content, for example are very important too. Of course the latter two seem to be well balanced with most Rpers in this RP.(spelling and grammar aren't really my strong point, so I can't judge that)

chaotix14
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:11 pm

My, my, you lot have minds like the back alleys of strip clubs.

You make me so proud. C'mere and let me press your heads to my bosom.

Layla
Member for 10 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!