Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

To Arizona.

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

To Arizona.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:29 am

After Zhelir abruptly ending their meeting, Eros pondered what to do next. He looked down at his clothes.

"Hospital scrubs." he said to no one in particular. "Could you take me somewhere that I can get some new clothes?" he asked the remaining guard.

"Sure. Although, you don't have any money."

"Well... that's a problem."

"Hey." interjected the doctor. "You could get some by telling any store clerk that you need them for official }{G business."

"Not a bad idea," confirmed the guard.

"Okay, can we go?" asked Eros.

"Fine. I'll take you to the civilian ring's commercial segment. There you can shop at any of the stores, but we have to be in the shuttle bay in twelve hours."

Eros unwrapped his second burger and began to eat.

"Lead the way." he said around a mouthful of beef, bread, and cheese.

The guard and Eros left the sickbay and headed to a lift. The lift stopped in a part of the colony that looked much less spartan than the military district. Eros saw children playing and people conducting business.

"Y'know? The colonies where I come from are much roomier." he said to the guard, who merely grunted.

The two strolled into a small shoppingmall. Eros looked around an found a store that had all black in the windows.

"Let's check that out."

He strolled into the store and began examining the merchandise. All of the pants were very baggy, had chains or straps, and had many pockets. Eros selected a pair that were solid black with red stitching, larfe pockets, and no chains. He then grabbed a plain black t-shirt and a black trench coat.

Shoes...

Eros chose a pair of size 11.5 boots. He decided that he would need a wallet and belt. Having acquired his clothing Eros headed to the register. The clerk began to total up the clothing's price.

"Ninety five." he said to Eros.

"I'm going to need these for official }{G business." said Eros, hoping that the transaction would go smoothly.

No such luck. the clerk pulled up a list of }{G personnel on his computer screen.

"Name please."

"Eros Sabersky."

The clerk typed in his name, then frowned when no results were found.

"I can't give these to you. You're not in the register."

Eros turned to the guard.

"Uh... little help please?"

The guard walked to the register.

"John Bayer." he told the clerk, then showed his ID.

"Oh, good. Here you are." the clerk said. "The transaction has been credited to your account."

"Great," muttered Bayer. He scooped up the clothes and dumped them into Eros' arms. "You owe me."

"Thanks."

Eros went to the dressing room and donned his new clothes.

Almost like the ones back home...he thought ruefully.

For the next few hours Eros and Bayer did practically nothing. Bayer took Eros on a quick tour of the colony, then back to the military hangars.

Eros walked into the hangar about twenty minutes earlier than the appointed time. As he walked over to a shuttle, where he saw Miyumi, the mechanic. Eros sat down and said nothingfor a few moments. He just stared off into space, trying to figure out how to start a converstaion with this individual. After all, she was probably the only way he was going to get the G-3 in working order.

"Uh..." he started, "I guess I'm sorry for that incident yesterday. I just freaked out a little bit."

Eros waited for a response, then noticed that Miyumi apparently hadn't heard him. He reached over and tapped her on the shoulder.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:58 am

Lost in her mind, she didn't notice when Eros came in.

Uh... I guess I'm sorry for that incident yesterday. I just freaked out a little bit.

Miyumi didn't hear a thing, completely absorbed in her picture and memory. She whispered,

Kisha, did I leave you in good hands? You're the one good thing about...

She was startled by a tap on her shoulder. She turned quickly, drawing her blade and almost taking off Eros's head, stopping her katana just short of his neck when she saw who it was. She blushed, then smiled.

Oh, sorry Eros, reflex. So, you're coming too?
Last edited by miyumi on Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:07 am

Eros never wavered as the curved sword swung towards his neck. He knew it was coming, and he knew that he would not die. Miyumi would not kill him, he was sure, evenif it was out of reflex.

"Good reflexes." he commented. "I guess so. I was told to be here, and I figured that causing more problems would get me nowhere. So here I am."

Eros eyed the sword that was now lying at Miyumi's side.

"Is there a sword dealer in this colony?"

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:16 am

As he commented, she resheathed her sword. She shrugged in answer to his question

I don't know.

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:19 am

"Just wondering where you got that one...What's in Arizona? Zhelir wouldn't tell me, and people can sometimes feel when their thoughts are probed. I didn't probe him."

Eros sat there wondering what awaited him. After all, he was in a strange place, and had no clue what was going on.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:23 am

My home is really on L01. We're currently on L04. As for Arizona, I hadn't been been told anything other than to meet Zhelir here, and to pack for a trip. Her expression took on an ironic time. It seems this time you know more than I do. Where did you get the cross?

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:29 am

Eros gazed at the gold pointed cross set on a black leather band that he wore on his right wrist.

"Well...I made it. It was originaly the EFSF insignia," he paused to trace a curve under the cross, "but when I became a Christian, I used a cutting torch to shape the bottom to how it is."

He thought back to the time when Captain DeMarco had told him of Newtypes, and how he believed that they had a special calling from God. Eros soon began to study the Bible and God, though Christianity was virtually extinct, Eros knew that God was real.

"Yeah..."

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:39 am

Miyumi debated telling him anything, and finally decided against it. She tucked the picture she had been looking at back into her computer bag, and looked the watch on her wrist.

It's almost time for Zhelir to get here. So, aside from knowing we're going to Arizona, do you know anything else about what we're doing?

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:46 pm

"B'lieve I c'n answer that." Zhelir commented from the end of the bay, having caught the last snatch of conversation as he entered with Belle. He pointed vaguely toward the direction of Earth as he approached.

"In Arizona will be one, General Sin, and two, Cloud Strife, leaders'a SIG and }{G, respectively. Now if you'll hop inta the shuttle, we can make our way to the big sandy shit-pit and meet 'em."

Without further adieu, he pulled himself into the shuttle's depths and extended his hand to help Belle in.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:51 pm

Sin? Cloud-Strife? Leaders... am I going to be asked to join }{G? Full of excitement and apprehension, Miyumi followed Zhelir into the ship.

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belle on Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:08 pm

Smiling once more, Belle took Zhelir's hand and stepped into the ship. All of her doubts from earlier had disappeared, and she knew she wasn't going to regret her decision. "Hnn..." she sighed, peering around the ship and at the others.

Belle
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:15 pm

Eros watched as Zhelir, Miyumi, and another, unknown woman entered the shuttle. He, however, held back for a few seconds debating whether or not he should resist. He had no idea what was going on, and no reason to trust anybody, except for the fact that he was not dead.

"Here goes nothing," he sighed.

Eros entered the beat up passenger shuttle.

I hope this thing is spaceworthy...

He sat down in a less-than comfortable chair and fastened his shoulder harness. Eros happened to glance at the woman he had not been introduced to. He closed his eyes to focus, then reached out with his mind. He sensed slight doubt and indecision coming from the woman...

I wonder why...

Eros quit probing, in hopes that he hadn't been detected. He surveyed the rest of the small craft, making special note of the lack of a Normal Suit storage locker.

I hope this boat holds air... he thought as he pulled the recline lever on his seat. I need to sleep...

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Thu May 04, 2006 10:58 pm

OOC: 'Pologies for the delay. Due to all the recent bugs with the new posts, I had no idea Goth had even posted.

IC: Zhelir placed his hands on the flight controls, keying up the shuttle's main systems and opening a communication link to the L04 launch tower. "Commander Darkfall, launching in unmarked shuttle."

With that, he hit the thrusters, rocketing the shuttle out like a bat out of hell. He pulled around in a fairly hard arc, not engaging the artificial gravity yet to avoid extreme G-forces. Levelling the shuttle out -- or what passed for level in a plane with no designated "up" or "down" -- he flipped on the autopilot, entering a course for the old }{G hanger. He pivoted in his seat, motioning toward Belle.

"Eros, Miyumi, this's Belle. She's a political officer within }{G, though like most of us, has been inactive for a while. 'Less I'm much mistaken, this trip was as much a s'prise to her as it was to anyone else.

"Belle, this is Miyumi, here under Gen'ral Sin's orders and presumeably to be inducted into }{G formally. The gentleman is Eros, and as to his background, I've no fuckin' clue. Again, he's here by the Gen'ral's orders."

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Thu May 04, 2006 11:05 pm

Miyumi smiled at Belle.

Nice to meet you.

She debated saying anything more, but decided against it, instead settling in to enjoy the ride.

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Fri May 05, 2006 9:22 am

Just as Eros was about to doze off, he was jolted into full consciousness by the shuttle's lurch as it left the hangar. He then remembered how much he hated launches.

"Oi." Eros said as the gentle embrace of Zero-G embraced him yet again. He released his seat harness in order to allow himself to move freely in the absence of his body weight. Eros rubbed his eyes, the whites streaked with red.

Feels good... he thought, as he slowly rotated within the billowing cloth of his black trench coat. As he revolved around, noticed the introductions going on.

"Oh, hi. I'm Eros Sabersky," he said to Belle.
Last edited by Goth-3 Gundam on Fri May 05, 2006 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belle on Fri May 05, 2006 3:42 pm

Belle gave a quick flick of the wrist as a returning "hello" to Eros and Miyumi. Her nerves beginning to settle a bit, she took a seat in the nearest open chair.

"Hnn..." she sighed, crossing her arms and resting her head back; she was now staring at the ceiling blankly, awaiting arrival.

Belle
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Fri May 05, 2006 9:10 pm

Eros floated to the rear of the shuttle and tied the belt of his trench coat to a wall-mounted handle.

"Miyumi? Please wake me up before we re-enter, or Zhelir turns the gravity on."

Eros let himself float in the comfort of Zero-G, gradually allowing the calm embrace to lull him to sleep.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Fri May 05, 2006 11:37 pm

It took a strong amount of willpower to not simply kick in the artificial Gs and watch Eros hit the deck like a sack of rocks, but he resisted the impulse through the entire ride. He spoke over his shoulder, now bringing the shuttle's manual controls back online.

"We'll be reenterin' Earth's atmosphere soon, ETA five minutes. We'll feel the effects of gravity before then, though, so y'may wanna wake Eros up 'fore he nose-dives int'a the deck."

He adjusted the straps on his torso and gazed at the minute form of Arizona, unable to discern any particular features, but knowing all the same that his old base lie down there, presumably once more reinhabited by its former owner.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Fri May 05, 2006 11:47 pm

Miyumi woke Eros up, lighly touching him on his shoulder.

Eros, we're going to start feeling gravity soon. Come buckle up.

Once she is sure he is awake, she settles back into her seat and gazes in a mixture of anticipation and nervousness at the Earth below.

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goth-3 Gundam on Sat May 06, 2006 8:02 am

Eros blinked several times in order to regain his senses.

"Mmm..." he murmered. "Thanks."

Eros untied his belt and pushed off towards a seat. As he sat down, he tucked the folds of cloth down under him. Eros fastened his seat belt and crash webbing.

"Here comes Earth..." he muttered so that only he could hear.

Goth-3 Gundam
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.