Armageddon (Devil may Cry)

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Armageddon (Devil may Cry)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SubjectUbsillon on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:39 pm

((This RP is based on the future in the DMC Universe when Heaven and Hell are in an all out war. All man made technology is destroyed due to this seemingly endless war. It is survival for the fittest, and to survive human kind had to evolve. Today very few mortals, despite their new found power, have the courage to join the battle. Who will you be, Who's side are you on, and what will you do to stop this ever waging war?))

Name: Helio Draebon

Type: An offspring of an angel fallen into darkness.

Demon form: http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss34 ... g&newest=1

Human form: http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2207/2280 ... 0517_m.jpg

Personality: Does what he has to so he can survive. He is battle hardened and short-tempered so he doesn't take crap from anybody. He can be friendly if that is his intention and is hard to approach at times.

Story: He was raised by his aunt and uncle from age 2-14 then he set off on his own believing they weren't telling him everything about his parents. While he was on the streets, searching for answers as a young child three muggers approached him. They beat him down in a dark ally and started to search his pockets. Helio's eyes glowed dark purple and his muscles seemed to flex and rapidly grow. Black plates grew out of his skin and his veins turned light blue. His head turned into a dark helmet as he stood up slowly. His shadow was reformed into dark wings as the reality in his appearance twisted to his will. A demonic blade slowly grew out of his forearm and he ripped it out and slit the three muggers throats in one swing. He looked at his arms noticing the great power he now possessed. He went on a reckless frenzy killing everything he saw and soon the whole city, including his aunt and uncle, was nothing but ash and ruin. Suddenly he looked up and archangels fell from the heavens and flew past him. He turned surprised they didn't attack him and followed them from afar. Once they stopped they looked at the ground waiting for something. The ground melted as hot lava shot out next to the figures and demons from below crawled out of the hole. The war had begun... Over the years Helio became a bounty hunter, an outlaw, not finding his destined faction of the war. He simply has stayed at his condo and occasionally "cleans the streets" waiting for a job worth his time. He is now 21, a ten year anniversary for the Hell Vs heaven war kickoff. He recently let someone stay at his apartment, Lukas. He had mixed feelings about Lukas and half the time believed he was trying to make him "convert" to the mortal's side. he truth was, as much as Lukas denied it, that heaven had given up on him as much as hell, putting their full attention to the war. Hell was winning and the mortals were barely even noticed anymore. Heck all Helio believed himself to be is a weapon used from time to time to just cause more destruction. Helios believed that one day Lukas would finally see the angels could be as bad as the demons.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(in-character)
Helio sat there eye's fixed on the phone across the room, waiting for a sign of life reaching him. He wasn't exactly overlooked these days, he was still famous/notorious for the destruction of one of the biggest cities in the world. It wasn't a particular job he was proud of...He was young, sloppy, and without reason then. At least now he had a reason...Money. He turned his head to his katana that would become a cursed blade when he transformed and he sharpened it. He wouldn't age anywhere past this date. It was his curse but also his advantage, being in peak physical condition for the rest of his endless life. There was one thing though... One thing he would do any job for, information on his father. He wanted to know who he was and if he had anything to do with his demon form. He looked in his reflection on his blade and thought if his father would even look like him. He needed to know why he was capable of these catastrophic powers that filled him with anger without reason. He took out a knife and threw it into the head of a human on a mortal justice poster with the soldier picture giving him a everlasting thumbs up.
Last edited by SubjectUbsillon on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SubjectUbsillon
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Armageddon (Devil may Cry)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ixzey on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:17 am

Name: Lukas Schwarzfeld

Race: Male, Altered Human

Personality: Passive, easy-going, can be boisterous. High expectations of himself and others.

Data: Part of humanity's answer to the war raging between the angels and demons, Lukas was cloned from his "father" Niklas Schwarzfeld on the third anniversary of the war, before the technology gave out. Lukas was genetically engineered to age over three times as fast as a normal human being until he reached the biological age of 30, when it is supposed to reverse and make him age six times slower. He was also designed to be stronger, faster, and more durable than a demon, without any of the evil. Because of this, Lukas can fight and destroy even large demons with relative ease.
Even though he technically did have a "father" Lukas was partially raised by the researchers in the laboratory (who he referred to as uncle and aunt, and really liked), he was mostly brought up by his combat trainer Rota Ghetz. Rota Ghetz taught him chivalry, kindness, compassion, and how to be a decent person, as well as his practical skills in swordplay, hand-to-hand fighting, and most weaponry anyone can name. Also picked up from Ghetz, Lukas acquired a taste for blues music and the guitar.
Lukas' time at the lab came to an end when, at the ages of 5 and 17, the lab was destroyed in a skirmish between a high-ranking Seraphim and a powerful demonic knight, of which the demon won. Lukas flew into a rage over the deaths of his family and killed the monster responsible with his bare hands. Taking the swords from both, Lukas hunted down the demon's minions and killed each one with the holy and unholy swords. Reacting to his whirlwind of emotions, the blades fused into a large claymore, with a black blade and red hilt. As he calmed down I the aftermath, the claymore turned silver with a black hilt.
Keeping the weapon, Lukas wandered the continent, looking for jobs that payed in food, and demons he could slay.

Weapons: Duality, his Holy/Unholy BFS. Tsa'Aiwha gauntlets, spiked fighting gloves that were given to him by Rota Ghetz.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ixzey
Member for 7 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ixzey on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:29 am

Lukas Schwarzfeld sprinted up behind Helio and tapped on his shoulder. Not even waiting for the other young man to greet him, the clone gave the details for their next job.
"I found a guy who said he would pay us to kill a tunneling fire-rat that's on his property on the other side of town. The catch is that we have to do it in the next thirteen minutes. So, y'know, get a move on!" Grabbing Helio's sleeve, Lukas half-dragged/half-ran with the young man down the street. Reaching the afflicted farm in record time, the clone yanked Helio towards one of MANY tunnels, shouting "Search! Six minutes left!"

ixzey
Member for 7 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SubjectUbsillon on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:05 am

Helio shouldered his sword and remembered his previous words about the fire rat "Another fire rat? This is the third time this month. They do realize that there is a war going on?" Helio sighed gripping his sword firmly. He doesn't use demon form that often and this definitely wasn't what he considered a real threat. "I hope you know that just cause I am taking this job doesn't mean I am picking a side." Helio heard footsteps scrambling around the tunnel. He saw a shadow of a large creature approaching. He stayed in a casual position as he walked slowly towards the rat towering over him "Let's see how much of a punch this rodent packs" he said walking straight in front of the creature. Suddenly it reacted by breathing fire in his face. "....Well at least I don't have to worry about warm ups." Helio said as he readie to jump, still looking relaxed. He bounced up and stabbed the fire rat straight in the skull and carved a H into his head "Property of Helio" he jumped off of the gaint rat and started to walk away "from now on I choose the missions we go on. I'm a bounty hunter not a exterminator" he said almost to the ladder out of the tunnel "Oh and by the way she is a mother..." he said looking back at the multiple shadows on all fours, about as tall as Lukas. He sneered throwing a single knife deep into the eye of one of the young fire rats.

SubjectUbsillon
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ixzey on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:44 pm

Lukas sprinted out of the tunnel like hell on wheels, holding the bodies of seventeen fire-rats by their tails. He nearly bowled over the man he was doing the job for.
"There," he panted, "One extermination-slash-bloodbath of your fire rat problem, WITHIN the time limit." Lukas dropped the corpses at his feet and held out his hand. "Alright, pay up. You gambled, you lost."
The farmer grumbled, and held out a stack of cash and something else. Something awesome: a crossbow. Grinning boyishly, the clone grabbed the proffered weapon and looked down its sights. Notching a bolt, Lukas fired at a nearby barrel of hay and nearly squealed with glee.
"This was well worth taking time out of my busy schedule to take a bet, and dragging my friend here against his will!"

ixzey
Member for 7 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SubjectUbsillon on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:59 pm

"Just note if you try anything like that again you are out of my condo in the blink of an eye." Helio laughed dropping the mother fire rats corpse. "Little word of advice old man, man up and fight, or you will get a REAL demon after you!" Helio jumped at the least a mile and kept leaping across the city causing craters to form each area he landed. He soon arrived at the condo kicking open the door. He sat himself down roughly on his chair and looked back at the phone.

SubjectUbsillon
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ixzey on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:11 pm

Lukas rolled his eyes and flipped out his phone, calling the phone at the condo he shared with Helio. "Don't know what you mean 'your', I paid for half." He muttered.
The dial-tone went straight to voicemail, showing that the other young man was already talking with someone else. 'Odd... I know for a fact that he doesn't have friends...' The clone thought before leaving a message.
"Hey pal, it's Lukas. Just called to say that one, you didn't have to be condescending to the old man. He just took a stupid bet, s'all. I mean, who wouldn't bet a crossbow for an entire condo suite- I didn't mean to say that out loud. Oh, and two, It was a crossbow. Every bet ever is worth a crossbow. You can't blame me anyways, I'm only seven."

ixzey
Member for 7 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SubjectUbsillon on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:27 pm

Helio quickly put his call on hold and switched to speak to Lukas "Yes had to be hard on him, it was a waste of my time, also I paid for this years plan on the condo. Also no...not every bet is worth a crossbow, there is somthing else i would do anything for-" Helio quickly hung up not waiting for a response and got back to his previous call "Who is this?!?" a anonymous voice came from the phone "You are out of time Helio. You and your father's reign ends here. You should have joined us Helio. The archangels are coming for you, and there better not be resistance. Demons are on the road too. We both want you and your friend to pick a side. Mortal's are not an option either. Just like the legends, come to the east you get the ying, and follow the west your fate is with the yang. You have 5 minutes" Helio hungup and called back Lukas. As he answered, without letting him talk Helio spoke "Get back to the condo, we are getting the fu#@ out of here!".

SubjectUbsillon
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ixzey on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:39 pm

"My thoughts exactly." Lukas agreed, standing on the head of slain kraken. The sea-beast had crawled onto land and began destroying the area while the clone was strolling home. Plucking his blade from the massive beast's forehead, Lukas jumped high above the city, looking at the surroundings. There were demons swarming everywhere.
"Look, I might have to wait a bit to leave. I've gotta go help people evacuate. Meet me east of the city, if you can help. If not, bug out to the west, it looks like its just weaklings over there." Lukas hung up the phone and rebounded off of a building, leaping towards the east, where crowds of people were being attacked.

ixzey
Member for 7 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SubjectUbsillon on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:53 pm

Helio growled as he walked out of the building and archangels were there to greet him "I assume, Helio, that you will do what is best for you and your friend and join us" Helio stared deeply into their eyes "and if I don't?" the archangels unsheathed their swords. "Ahh, well obviously there is only one answer to that convincing speech" the archangel smiled "good, I thought you would eventually" the man was interrupted by a blade piercing his chest.

SubjectUbsillon
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ixzey on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:16 pm

Lukan slammed into the ground with meteoric force, blasting rubble into the swarm of demons about him. Raising Duality, the clone swung in an arc around him, clearing demons away with its holy blade.
"Wait!" A hissing voice cried out, causing the demons to freeze. "It is him! The one we came for!" Out of the crowd of demons, a humanoid monster with the head of a snake ran up to him with empty hands raised. "Master Schwarzfeld, before you do this, will you listen to me?"
Lukas paused, considering, before shrugging.
"Oh, thank you sir! I knew you were as kind as they say!" The snake-man bowed deeply. "I am K'sar Vasheem, personal aide to the general of this army. Well, actually, I'm out of a job right now, as the last general was killed in an attack. Which is where you come in!"
Lukas raised an eyebrow, confused. "What exactly does that have to do with me?"
"That's just it, sir. It has EVERYTHING to do with you. You have been chosen by God to be the best candidate to be our new general."
"So, God is in control of who leads an army of demons?"
"Yes. Many centuries ago, a legion of hell, this one to be exact, decided that eternal damnation sucks. In return for fighting on the Lord's side in this war against demons and false-Angels, like the ones here today, we will be retuned to heaven, with our original forms."
Lukas smiled boyishly, happier than he was when he received his crossbow.
"In charge of a Holy army of demons, fighting in the name of The Lord, for peace and prosperity for all? I like the sound of that.

ixzey
Member for 7 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SubjectUbsillon on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:32 pm

Helio felt a disturbance as he continued his eliminating of the angels he stopped. This just wasn't right, suddenly he felt his blood boil and his eyes turned purple. Helio flicked out his cell phone "Lukas, whatever is about to happen don't do it! Something isn't right! I'm changing into......IT!!!" his skin grew dark plates and his veins turned bright blue. "AAAAGH!!!" He threw his phone away and held his head as it turned into a dark helmet, his shadow formed into wings, and dark clouds covered the sky. "He's scratching at the door! Scratching at the door!" he looked up from his hands and smiled under his helmet "Fear...I CREATED it!" He shot up in the sky and looked down at the snake-man "Do I since a week link in the force, a shame. You know how my father would respond?" The snake man trembled in fear "You are scared? Good...It quenches my thirst." he looked over at the rest of the army "But I can get a little....addicted...." He smiled under his helmet a sinister smile.

SubjectUbsillon
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ixzey on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:46 pm

Just as Helio was about to strike, Lukas dove in and shoved K'sar out of harms way.
"I have no idea what's going on, but I do know one thing. Something is controlling you, and I'm about to use the time-honored method of exorcism. Beating the evil out."
Charging forwards, Lukas slammed his fist into Helio's face with all of his more-than-considerable strength, launching his friend straight back into a wall.
The clone stood over Helio, and raised his foot. "Remember, I'm only doing this to help you."

ixzey
Member for 7 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SubjectUbsillon on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:21 am

Helio looked down as if he was knocked out... He sat there, not a beat of a heart, not a inch of a movement. He shot his head up smiling a insane smile "and so it begins, YOU, under the spotlight while I become a fading shadow. The conversation you are having is disturbing the natural order of things...LUKAS! Without dark there is no light...without light there is no FEAR...People can't get too comfortable, they forget their place. *He fixed his eyes on Lukas* you...you don't fear death...you fear something else...You once feared for something I destroyed a LONG time ago...You feared for OTHERS...*he kicked Lukas through a building and Helio's eyes glowed with rage* I WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN!!!"

SubjectUbsillon
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ixzey on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:45 am

Lukas burst out of the building with a roar, tackling Helio to the ground and began slamming his fists into his friends face.
"I'm not trying to forget you! I'm trying to bring back the Helio from my memories! The human one that knows mercy, and DOESN'T ACT LIKE A COMPLETE D**K-HEAD!" The clone kept up the pounding until he could tell his knuckles were bleeding. Sitting on his friend's chest, landing blow after blow against him, Lukas could feel himself and his opponent weakening. But the clone was getting tired faster, and the other man was starting to pummel his friend as well.
Helio was struggling, and had nearly dislodged Lukas. In any moment, he would toss the clone away, and destroy him. But before he could, there was a resounding CRACK that split the air. Suddenly, everything was silent and still. A single crack had appeared in Helio's faceplate, splitting a sliver from it, but it was enough. A single red eye peeked out, staring straight into Lukas' black ones. Lukas fell off of his friend and they both sat there frozen.

ixzey
Member for 7 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SubjectUbsillon on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:08 am

Helios eye stayed red for a bit then the part of his broken helmet regenerated. and his eye turned purple again. After the new plate locked in place he stood up grabbing Lukas by the shirt "MY TURN..." (animal I have become plays)He slugged Lukas in the mouth with his spiked fist and threw him in the air and launched towards him driving his fist into his stomach and threw him down to the ground. Helio over watched the impact of his throw and suddenly dropped down. Helio picked up Lukas by his hair and repeatedly kneed him in the face and then punched him in the face "You are different Lukas, any other clone would be nothing by now." he looked over at the snake-man then back at Lukas "Such a tasteful soul, one that plays an important role in your future." he looked at the snake man and Helio's eyes illuminated purple smoke as the snake man shook his head in denial "No...NO! only a matured dark angel can do that!" Helio gave a fake sigh "Oh you are right, that reminds me Lukas you forgot to wish me a happy 21st birthday." he grinned mischievously as he looked at the snake "You dare rip me of my afterlife..." Before he could even attempt to run away he dropped dead in the middle of his sentence. Helio got a bit bigger and turned to Lukas "So, what was this about you saying I was a Di$%???" He asked as he drove his fist into Lukas's hip.

SubjectUbsillon
Member for 7 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!