Astrid Torres ♢ A New Life

a topic in Character Journals, a part of the RPG forum.

If you want to create a journal for your character, use this forum.

Astrid Torres ♢ A New Life

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Little Fox on Mon May 05, 2014 5:41 pm

Saturday June 1st, 2013

I used to live a pretty normal life, possibly even a cliché life. I live in the Bronx of New York City and I've been waitressing since I was about 16 or 17 at the same diner. Like many others here in the Big Apple I have always dreamed of being a star. I am sort of a celebrity bit only via YouTube and social media. People adore me and I've even been asked for my autograph before. Not like every time I walk around the corner or anything. I'm not Tony Stark. I know him though. He comes to the diner sometimes and I've catered, DJ'd, and performed at some of his events and parties. I actually met him while I was busking in Times Square; He liked my performance, tipped me ten grand, and got my number. Slept with him? Of course not. I was 17! Ah, but Captain Rogers. He and I are actually really good friends. He comes to the diner a lot and I always give him free pie and milk. He's the reason why my life isn't really normal anymore. Because eight months ago I exposed myself. I'm a mutant. Homo sapien superior. See, he was walking me to my truck, as he usually does when I take the night shift and he's around, and there was a car speeding down the street with a drunk driver behind the wheel. It was going to hit a woman struggling with a stroller that had gotten a wheel caught in a crack. Steve and I saved them but he was about to get hit by the car. Out of reflex I pushed him out of the way and then punched the car to end the drunken joy ride. And then I ran. Because people like me, people with beyond human abilities that aren't at the beck and call of the government, we are pariahs. We're considered threats, abominations, volatile, and an affront to nature by humans. I'd heard stories of others like me being captured to have horrible experiments performed on them. Or to simply be killed. Some of my best friends have gone through these nightmares. I was scared. I called in sick from work for two weeks before he finally came knocking at my door, confused. I had to explain the situation to him. The atrocities. But I said nothing about Xavier's. He's the poster boy for honesty, truth, justice, and loyalty. But he was working for the government. A super secret government organization. I couldn't trust him. But he managed to rope me into something a few months later. The Avengers Apprentice Initiative. He vouched for me along with super spy Clint Barton. They brought up my previous record in the ring as a boxer and fighting MMA underground. So I was in. Got a nifty S.H.I.E.L.D. badge and everyone calls me Special Agent Torres now. It's crazy. What's even crazier is that as of today, I live in Stark Tower. Well, Avengers tower, as it's called now. With a bunch of other Apprentices. I only know two faces here: Jax and Dorian. Dorian is a mutant like me, Jax told me. They're both gangsters... Or ex-gangsters now, I suppose. I'm a bit intimidated by it all but I love the room and the adventure vibe. All my life I've been told to not be ashamed of what I am and what I can do but warned not to be so public be my abilities. We strive to remain under the radar. But now I'm part of a universally recognized group of superheroes... I guess I'll just see how it plays out.
◎!Check it out!◎
◎My Interest Check◎
“All I'm writing is just what I feel, that's all. I just keep it almost naked. And probably the words are so bland.”
― Jimi Hendrix

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Little Fox
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!