Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Attention! About the series.

a topic in The Legend Continues, a part of the RPG forum.

Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend was planned to be syndicated as an actual animated series. Talk about and organize it here.

Attention! About the series.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:03 am

Because of what Eric said he'd like to see for the promo I've kind of hit writers block, so I haven't really been working on that. However, I've had a lot of ideas for awhile for the series.

I think it would be best if all those that want to be apart of this project or just those that would like to give their ideas, would meet in a meeting in the chat sometime just to discuss this project. There's a lot of things that need ironing out if this is going to work.

Let's try to think of a time when the majority of us can talk about this. During the Monday through Thursday I'm usually near a computer most of the time, Friday and Saturday I'm usually out doing something with my friends, and Sunday I sleep in late but I'm near a computer for most of the day. So, almost whenever's fine with me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mia Siserae on Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:54 pm

Can I ask who exactly is a part of this project and what they're doing?

Anytime after 5 for me on weekdays. Weekends are completely unpredictable. I'm currently working on Character Development.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mia Siserae
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:56 pm

I am in charge of scripting and open to any help. Eric's the main guy in charge. That's it as far as I know.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:46 pm

Can I be the the rigger?

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:09 pm

I don't think we'll need any scaffolding built or ropes and cables for this project, unless a rigger is something else.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lori Sakura on Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:48 pm

*poke* I'm almost finshed with your picture. >__> sorry for the wait

Lori Sakura
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:50 pm

lol like I just told you on AIM, whenever you get it done is fine. Though I am looking forward to it.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:03 pm

Hey Kiyoshi, you know I'm up to helping out with whatever I can. Just give me something that I can do and if I can do it I will.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ace Darkfire on Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:22 pm

FutureKiyoshi wrote:I don't think we'll need any scaffolding built or ropes and cables for this project, unless a rigger is something else.

If he knows anything about 3D modelling, than "rigger" would be one who rigs a 3D model for animation.

Ace Darkfire
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:39 pm

Ah well see, I don't know much about this 3-D stuff (was going with what a rigger is in traditional film), hense why I'm not working on it, but yeah...we need anyone who can do that kind of work.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:47 am

Ace Darkfire wrote:
FutureKiyoshi wrote:I don't think we'll need any scaffolding built or ropes and cables for this project, unless a rigger is something else.

If he knows anything about 3D modelling, than "rigger" would be one who rigs a 3D model for animation.

Nope, just wanted to play with ropes and shit. Ah well... :(

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:43 am

Since we now have a new member to the team, and peraps this project can further get on the way, I think I should bring up again that there should probably be some kind of discussion between all those involved so that we can all get on the same page and perhaps put forth some kind of deadline for the different required parts of this project.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:52 am

Like I told Eric a while ago when I first found out about this project, I would help any way I could as usual. My knowledge with graphics and animation is very limited though, but if there's something else you need feel free to ask me.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:45 pm

For the promo -

I'd like to focus on just action really... maybe not even have any words, unless appropriate...

Just make it look and feel like GW with new footage.

=D

We're in the process of doing some character models and tweaking some existing gundam models.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:53 pm

Well for the promo it shouldn't be hard at all to just throw things together once the models are finished and I have kind of an idea of what can and can't be done from a director stand point. Though really you might not need me at all as writer or director for te promo. Like I said things could just be thrown together with a bunch of mobile suits fighting, cue explosion here, that kind of thing.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:09 pm

Yeah, just to grab attention really, spur interest. How much have you thought about for the series, though?

I've not been able to pick people to follow on the forums...

But I KNOW there's a lot of interesting things happening. But where would we start that wouldn't leave the viewer lost first episode? I don't think narration would be proper either, other than to explain where we are.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:19 pm

I've had a few ideas on that myself and from my perspective we have a few options. One of which is to just completly drop the link to Gundam W for the series, which allows us to not worry about having to figure out how to explain what happened to the characters people know from that series. However, let's just go with what can be done if we build on the Gundam W series.

We can either do the story from before the three year jump revolving around everyone going to arms and a new war starting with possible story arcs being Jyotika, Blace Lowe, and the FRE Faction, two of those semi took place, while the remaining was just something I came up with for the RP.

The first episode would probably have to either be heavily narriated to put it into perspective, or could be shown in flashbacks. This could be through the eyes of one of the new main characters, seeing the events of AC 195 and probably 196 then moving in to the AC 199 storyline.

Another option is to start in the current timeline of events in AC 201. Again we'd have to either rely on nariation or a flashback. The plus to this is we can show of impressive "war footage" early on that we just make up showing the War of AC 199.

Characters should be the ones that actually participate or did participate. I'm currently getting back into things since I've been asked by a few people and I've gotten my mind clear. But anyway, not to get off topic. This is why I think we should try and have a meeting in some form of chat, whether it's aim, the one on here (if it still works I haven't checked it since before the forum went down in Dec) and everyone get on the same page.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:23 pm

Oh yeah, that'd be great. I want the look of Gundam W, though.

P.S.: You should register the FRE faction on the factions page thing0r...

I'd like to make it much like a sidestory- a really big and extensive one that... isn't just one sidestory.

=D

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:29 pm

Any way to add the FRE with out leaving the one I'm in now?

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:31 pm

We could do a bunch of side stories that take place in AC 195 or 196 like a few 30 minute length OVA's (for lack of a better term) showing what the main characters for the eventual series were doing during those times, establishing them in the W universe.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.