Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

The Multiverse

ATTENTION BOUNTY HUNTERS!

a part of “The Multiverse”, a fictional universe by Remæus.

Where legends collide, warriors rise, and titans fall. This is a massive open world that you are free to explore and interact with; a sandbox for your characters.

Characters Settings Story
Where legends collide, warriors rise and titans fall. This is the general in character world, where your creations can rise to fame driven only by your imagination - this is the persistent world in which all characters exist. This whole forum is one big roleplay, with no specific rules or guidelines. If you want to create a roleplay in a single thread, this probably isn't where it needs to be.

Remember - this whole forum is one persistent world - your characters are free to move from topic to topic here with no restrictions.

ATTENTION BOUNTY HUNTERS!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harpie on Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:08 pm

His eyes were clouded in the darkened room as he knelt. Harpie faced the shadows waiting for his instructions. He knew she was there he could feel her penetrating gaze. As if she could look directly into his soul and use his darkest secrets against him. She was no angel. He was no saint. That must have been why she had approached him in the first place. She had taken his will and shaped him into what she needed most. Cunning, intelligent and so much more. He saw then, just the eyes, ever as dark as the midnight sky. He had no doubt that she was smirking at him. The voice came a slow caress that caused the hair on the back of his neck to stand on edge.

"Harpie. You know the task at hand. Do not fail me."

With that said he knew that she had left. A sigh escaped him as he stood. There on the ground was a small piece of parchment. He frowned leaning over to pick it up. His eyes took in the words that were written. Names. Names and numbers. Uncollected bounties. His feet shuffled across the room closing in on the far door as he shoved the paper into his pocket. He had to hurry or face her anger.

"This is just frickin' perfect it is..."?

He muttered as he opened the door and strode out onto the main street. His feet taking him down the road as quickly as he was able. The sky was black, overcast and rain began to fall. The ruins of the city lay before him as he made his way to the safe haven. He knew that they gathered there and placing her notice would not be difficult. He pushed the door to the Oasis open and gazed about. As was to be expected he did not know a single soul that resided in the area. He strode to the far wall, water dripping from his pink hair due to the storm that carried on outside. He brought the parchment out from his pocket and tried to flatten it as much as was possible. It was crumpled but at least it could be read. He then took a pin and stuck it to the wall for all to see. Once posted he turned swiftly exiting the club. Now it was only a matter of time.

ATTENTION BOUNTY HUNTERS.

Unless otherwise stated the rewards below may only be claimed if the hunted is dead. Once I have proof that they will no longer be an annoyance you will receive your just deserts.

Faith - 5,000 Creds

Zhelir - 5,000 Creds

Richard Vega - 3,500 Creds

Lacuna - 2,000 Creds. Bring Lacuna before me alive.

Reika - 1,000 Creds
Last edited by Harpie on Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Harpie
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:09 pm

((An OOC note, if I might. Being that Kale -- Lacuna's husband -- and Zhelir jointly own The Oasis, one of the two would have seen the note within hours of its posting and gotten rid of it.))

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harpie on Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:02 pm

He took off down the street heading for his apartment. He had been a fool. Trying to recall the amounts and the people had been nearly impossible and asking his employer for the list again would be an unwise choice. She'd have his head for it. Then again she knew him well enough that she may have expected him to show just that kind of idiocy. Entering his dwelling he went to his desk and sat down. His mind raced as he took out parchment and a pen. He wrote down the information taking his time. Once he was certain that it was correct he copied it onto the blank forms until his hand ached from the amount of writing he had done. Harpie sighed as he placed the pen back in the top drawer, his gaze moving around the room. He was uneasy. It was as if she were there watching him. Yet he knew that she had gone and would not return until much later.

He stood making his way back out into the bitter cold that had settled upon the town. Rain poured down blurring his vision as he went about his task. He placed the notice anywhere he could. On the side of buildings, in any open domains. He went everywhere and only stopped when he had run out of flyers. Once he was finished he took off back in the direction of his home. It was time to settle in for the evening with a hot cup of coffee and some dry clothes. He would be lucky if he didn't catch a cold from the weather and the time spent outside. Soon, everything would begin and all would be revealed.

Harpie
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:01 am

Richard Vega:
Richard Vega was walking through the thick rain back to his apartment from The Oasis. He of course had permission to reside in the Oasis, but there were fewer places he felt safer than the fortification and secrecy of his own apartment. Rain rebounded off his massive muscular body making a faint misty white outline around him that made him appear even larger than he was. Melfina was ever aware of the surroundings, tirelessly scanning for signs of danger. The two passed a wooden pole on the side of a street that directed a power line. Melfina noticed the crudely affixed bounty listing on the pole and quickly brought it to Richard's attention. Through Richard's digitized display, Melfina showed the listings and added them to her database.
"I'm only worth 3,500? Well, these names should be some easy cash."

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harpie on Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:11 pm

He jumped, waking as the phone startled him. The darkness obscured his vision as he fumbled about looking for the hand held device. A muttered noise escaped him as it rang again. He knew that hardly any time had passed since he had closed his eyes for a rest. He also knew that to ignore the phone could cost him. Only one person would be ringing him at such an ungodly hour. He groaned into the phone as he held it to his ear. The voice at the other end was soft almost soothing, however the tone spoke levels about her mood. She was unhappy. He did not mind as long as her anger was not directed at him.

"Harpie. I have transferred the funds for the bounties into your account. Should anyone try to claim one as their own you may pay them, if they bring the carcass to you of course. Except in the case of that woman, Lacuna. You will bring her to me when they have brought her to you."

He nodded though why was beyond him. She could not see the action. Then she spoke once more. Her voice, as before easily sent chills along his spine.

"I would like you to add to our little list Harpie."

He stood, heading over towards the desk. A curse escaped him as he stubbed his toe on the foul thing. His free hand he sent out feeling around the top of the desk until he found what he was looking for. His fingers wrapped around the small knob turning it to the left until a click was heard. The room filled with the glow of the small lamp as he took a seat at the desk. He opened the drawer pulling from it parchment and a pen, before he spoke.

"Ma'am?"

He took down the information even as his eyes widened. The question that wished to escape he kept under control. Why? Everything was going so well. Better than had been expected. However, he would not question her choices. For she must have known what she was doing. He allowed a sigh to escape him once more as he copied the newest bounty. Only ceasing when he had run out of parchment.

Harpie stood slipping on his boots before making his way out into the bitter wind that howled through the town. The rain had come to a stop leaving puddles over the ground. Only the wind continued its assault. He placed the flyers around the city. Near the areas that the other bounties hung. However, this one would catch the attention of both sides. His employer was cunning and yet at this moment he felt that she had lost her mind.

Once hung he turned once more and made his way back to his apartment. What she chose to do was none of his concern. He simply followed orders. The sign he posted was easy enough to read. Three new names had been added to the list.

ATTENTION BOUNTY HUNTERS

Tayrn - 4,500 Creds.

Gambit - 4,500 Creds.

Donny - 1,000 Creds.
Last edited by Harpie on Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harpie
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harpie on Wed May 09, 2007 10:36 pm

The darkness folded in upon her. Harpie had done his job and yet his failure had not gone unnoticed. It was time to move up her plans. The shadows danced upon the wall as her hand moved to the receiver, her dark gaze taking in the numbers written on a small piece of parchment. Her fingers flew across their mates on the phone as she brought the receiver to her ear. She listened as she heard the click of each button before a loud ringing flowed into her ear. Once, twice and then an answering service. There was no name attached to the message. Lips curling her voice flowed into the darkness.

"Dante. I have a job for you. If you are interested, you should know who this is. Respond as soon as you can with your reply."

With that she turned the phone off before she rustled through the other miscellaneous papers that that littered her desk. There, hidden on the bottom of a torn page was another number. She dialed it quickly as her mouth arched into what looked like a snarl. Her mood was lifting as she heard the whirl of the answering machine on the other end. This time she said very little as her eyes twinkled with a dark knowledge.

"You know who this is. I have a job for you."

She placed the phone down as she settled against her chair. Things were going slowly however that was about to change. Harpie would be dealt with for his lack of motivation to have them turn upon each other. However, that would be saved for later.

"Lovely." Her voice purred into the darkness before laughter followed. Now she simply had to wait.

Harpie
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Re: ATTENTION BOUNTY HUNTERS!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Serpaara- on Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:48 pm

I'm up for anything.. I'll go for a hunt.

Sands began to billow around as the bright, sunny sky filled with sun began to darken with clouds of a dark black colour thundered through the sky, striking the earth with a black and purple coloured lightning. With each strike, providing a somewhat form of light, a shadowy figure arose from beneath the ground. Strike after strike, more of this figure was shown. It started as just wrath filled, diamond blue eye's floating withing a figure and slowly formed into a dark matter form shaped into a serpent. It neared at a steady pace. Strike after strike, it grew closer, revealing more of it's form. Eventually this serpent shaped figure turned into thin, human looking form with a height of about 6.5 feet, composed of pure muscle, but thin like a lightweight boxer. One bolt of lightning had stricken the ground with a blue colour. The being had went from a far distance to about ten feet from the fighting arena. He stood there in a black cloak, revealing only his eye's and a sinister set of teeth that peeked out from behind the lips of this beast.

The power of the storm had grown stronger every time this being had gotten closer. Eventually, sand was seen, spirraling like a typhoon around the creature. The being slowly lifted his right hand, grasping the front of it's hood and pulled it back slowly, revealing a seducing face of a male pigmented with a light tan colour set with deep, diamond eye's covored with hair that spiked out about a foot that was a diamond blue colour. The being smirked, revealing a mouth filled with the fangs of a snake. Slowly the being began to unbutton his cloak, button after button, slowly revealing a muscular upper body, marked with a cursed seal. Eventually the cloak hit the ground, creating a loud thumping sound as sand collapsed into the air, creating a huge cloud that slowly would settle around the being.

Now there stood a being with no shirt, a black pair of Gi pants wrapped around his waist dripping down to his feet. The being looked at his right arm as black viper scales began to layer up the arm from the finger tips all the way to about mid-chest. He raised his arm, flexing it, gripping a fist over and over as his scales glistened in the dark light of the lightning. He then rose his head from his arm to his opponent, smirking a bit, a face the struck a some-what fear into some opponents and then again caused armies to tremble in fear. Though his eye's were diamond blue, they released a powerful sense of darkness and fear into the atmosphere, causing almost all plant and animal life to collapse into dust. He placed his left hand on his his, as he struck his right hand out, his palm facing the ground. Sand began to crawl from the ground, straight through the air into his palm, forming a orb of black sand the slowly morphed into a cobra the would spiral around his arm.

The man chuckled a bit as he slammed his fist closed, the sand exploding into the air creating a whistling sound as it turned into glass from all the friction heat that it created. On the ground layed a few spikes of glass that didn't even scratch when it hit the rocks on the ground. He raised his eye's up to his opponent and began to move his mouth with a sycronized motion with his tounge the created a lullaby sounding sentence that was beautiful in the ears of many, "I am Serpaara, The Serpent demon, banished from Heaven and denied from Hell, cursed by being put forth on this Earth to fight eternally until I meet my true death."

With that, Serpaara shut his mouth, and closed his eye's taking in a deep breathe. He slowly lowered his blody, his legs forming into the stance of the Tiger, his left leg bending to a 90 degree angle and his right leg shooting straight back, launching a arch of sand behind him. His upper body slid into the stance of the monkey, his back hunched with his arms hanging down at his sides, swaying back and forth, carrying a stream of sand with them. All his muscles releaxed, he seemed calm, with no worries in the world. He then slowly opened his eye's. Where diamond blue eye's once layed, were black serpent eye's, stained with blood drops. Lightning struck down on Serpaara directly, the scales on his right arm rippling like a wave in a typhooned ocean. The sand that surrounded Serpaara arose from the ground, forming into to Giant Cobra's that would whirl around Serpaara waiting patiently for their master to give them a command.

His mouth began to move again, his lullaby voice floated in the air again, "Let this be my end, or let this be yours."

Once Serpaara had taken his stance, and readied himself for battle, blink of white light had formed about two-hundred yards behind him, and spoke with an echoing voice, "And It is One, the begining towards the End. The element of Death. "
http://www.freewebs.com/orikalkos/index.htm

Join Orikalkos, and RP on our forum.

Serpaara-
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harpie on Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:14 am

The voice drifted through the shadows even as the woman moved. Dark hair fell upon her shoulders in waves as her black gaze took in Harpie’s shivering form. He lay against the far wall, whimpers coming from his throat as the crimson droplets fell from his jaw to the maroon carpet that covered her floor. Within the woman’s hand was a small dagger, six inches of silver that connected to the four inch handle. It was perfect for her delicate hands.

You have failed me for the last time Harpie… Her voice was a cruel tone of malice. It spoke volumes of the person that she had become. Harpie shook his head even as he fought to keep his sanity for a few moments longer. She was in his mind and all around him. Her eyes burned with loathing as she moved closer settling the tip of the blade against his larynx.

“Mistress… I beg you. I have done everything within my power to see that your wishes were followed…” His voice quaked with his fear. It had become a foul odor that leaked from his every pore. It mixed with the small puddle of urine that had escaped him. Fear… It made him so pathetic. She could hardly believe that this piece of mucus had been so prized only a few months before. Things had changed. Her plans were evolving and it had not been due to Harpie.

Everything within your power? The words were hissed from between her lips even as she moved the dagger back to grasp his throat with her palm, squeezing the flesh until he began to gurgle a frantic look upon his features.

If that is true then tell me why no one has claimed any bounty as of yet? Why do my enemies still breathe, laugh and speak to me as equals? she allowed the words to settle over the room as she threw him to the floor. Harpie settled in against the wall even as he tilted his head upward to gaze at her. He understood her anger. He had even known that it would only be a mater of time before she came before him demanding answers. Yet he had none.

“I have placed the new bounties up mistress and Dante should arrive any day now.” Harpie lowered his gaze once more as he spoke to her. She knelt beside him brushing her palm through the pink locks that sat upon his head. His emerald gaze looked to her, hopeful. She hated him and yet while it served her purpose she would use him. He was a well trained puppet.

Fail me again and I will make sure that you always live in agony… the final words drifted through his mind before she vanished into the shadows. She was simply gone. Harpie did not feel comfort from this however. He felt a greater sense of fear and urgency. If he did not deliver a corpse soon he would be the one upon her mantel. That alone was a terrifying reality.

Harpie
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Serpaara- on Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:44 pm

OOC: Quick question, are these fighters found around GWing(RPGateway)?

IC:
Serpaara would walk around his sands calming down as he noticed the woman. He saw she was in some sort of trouble. He strode up to her, carrying something on his back all bandaged up, only letting black hair fall out the top of it. He looked at the woman with his blue eye's, quickly sticking out his right hand. He walked up to her as she left a man behind closed doors. A quick smirk crossed his face.

"I am Serpaara. An elite assassin, mercinary and bounty hunter. Master of human puppeteering and earth movement. I heard you have a being named Harpie doing your bidding, and a rather shitty job of it. I have come to offer my assistance to you. Give me the being's name, and I can claim his corpse, dead or alive."

He snickered a bit at this, leaning to the side, shifting his eye's to the door which hid Harpie and then back to the woman. A laugh escaped his lips as he began to speak once more.

"I can rid you of this annoyance behind you right now if you wish. And to make it fun for both you and I, I will do it for free."

He sneered a bit as he waited for her answer to this question.

Alright Edited it.))
Last edited by Serpaara- on Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Serpaara-
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:50 pm

((Most of us stick to the chatroom, until we better integrate the chat storyline into forum play. ;)))

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:39 am

((ooc note: Lacuna's not a fighter, she's a healer. I only play one fighter. No, I will not post who it is.))

In his surveillance, Fred noticed the name of Miyumi's friend, Zhelir. Knowing she would want everyone notified, he sent a copy of the bounty to every one mentioned, as well as all the friends of theirs he could think to contact. He wanted to be sure all knew and could protect the others, even in the midst of the ensuing chaos.

miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Serpaara- on Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:18 pm

OOC: The Bounty on Lacuna's head is terminated. She is no longer in our universe or dimension. Her case is closed now. I am moving to the next Bounty.

Serpaara-
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Harpie on Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:36 pm

The woman arched her left brow in slight amusement tongue flicking out to moisten her upper lip. Her form seemed to lean against the door, a very subtle and yet false sense of security being portrayed. That this creature would believe simply speaking to her and declaring that he was an assassin was not going to win him her confidence. She allowed a soft laughter to bubble up out of her throat as he finished.

Should you wish to gather bounties it will be on you and you alone. I shall pay you if you bring solid proof however, know this and understand me. I do not hire you on as an employee and should you touch my minion I shall take your head myself. He may be incompetent at times but he is mine non the less. Her voice was sent mentally echoing within his mind she allowed her face to give him a glimpse into her soul. Her dark gaze narrowed upon him in her anger, his presumption of her puppet’s use had been rather irritating. She moved allowing her feet to carry her out of the building before she vanished within the shadows.

Within the room, Harpie sat curled against the far wall. His fear had overrun him and it was to be expected. She had threatened his life as much as she had done to those on her bounty list. Her personal vendettas against people had created within her a sense of such hatred that it nearly radiated from her. That they did not realize the wolf among them made Harpie feel a sense of pity for a brief moment as he stood moving across to the desk. He sat his gaze intent upon the door. As if he feared it would open again and she would stride though and take him then.

God willing all would begin to go as she planned, if it failed, if he failed. She would either die or they both would.

OOC: Should she return before this is over. Her bounty will still be available. I hope that is understood by all participating. My employer has her reasons for adding her to the list. Those reasons will come to light shortly and the plot is developing so if things are confusing at the moment bear with us. All will be brought to light in due time.

Harpie
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Serpaara- on Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:20 pm

Serpaara watched the woman dissapear into the shadows as he gave a smirk off. He shook his head, throwing his hood over his head to shadow his face. He strode forward, pressing the doors open, looking at the being curled in the corner. He laughed a bit, carrying a twisted sense with it.

"Rise up, you should not fear that woman." He walked over to the man, squatting next to him, as he placed his right hand on Harpie's cheek, moving his fingers through his hair, gently rubbing his head with his silky white gloves. He took his other hand, pulling his cloak hood down, showing rather long, silky, white hair that draped down to his shoulders, snow white lips and diamond blue eye's. His skin was a bit pale tho' as black snake scales crawled half way up his neck. His lip's peeked into a smile as he looked at the being.

"This may seem rude, and excuse me for intruding into personal matters, but why do you serve her when she treats you like garbage?" His facial expression straightened out as his blue oculars gazed at the being as his finger tip ran through his hair.

Serpaara-
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowtroper on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:20 pm

(*means thinking)
-walks into a store-
-buys an outfit-
-goes into the dressing room and puts the outfit on-
-pulls up hood and secures outfit-
Snowtroper:ooh a thingy
-picks up thingy-
-opens pouch puts thingy in and closes pouch-
*i wonder what the thingy is?*
-walks out of store and into a completely empty and abandoned building-
-walks up steps and goes to room#937-
-takes out key out of pouch-
-opens door-
-walks in and closes door-
-puts key back in pouch-

Snowtroper
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.