Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Avatar:LAB and LOTR Just Had a Baby

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Avatar:LAB and LOTR Just Had a Baby

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Twain Solemnheart on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:36 am

So, I've been trying to make a roleplay out of this for way longer than I care to think about. The first one had several pages to it on Gaia, with fifteen posts per page, but they were almost all one-liners, and now that I've developed past that, I can't stand it. So, here's my idea.

It's three years after a fantasy world war. The four corporeal nations of An' Tir, Al' Kimesh, Annaffiare, and Galivar (last one subject to name change), are at a tentative peace with each other, though tempers could flair again at any given moment. And, of course, when the power is settling, it's easy to make it shift again.

Twain was a soldier in that war, though he sees it differently than any history book would ever say it. The Elemental Dragons were not pit against each other for power, as they had been in the past. Rather, one young God had risen to his corporeal form, and as such began to force his influence on the world. This entire war, the millions dead by blade, magic, disease, starvation, and betrayal, was all so that one being may become more powerful.

But now, as the ashes begin to settle, something is stirring under them again, something only a select few can see. Even though the war has officially ended, skirmishes still break out along every border. The crops are thinner than they were before, even during the war. New diseases are spreading up everywhere. And the only salvation in sight comes from a strange man by the name of Rodrek Thumberlin, a man who says that he can let you communicate with those who have gone to the other side.

So... Any takers?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Twain Solemnheart
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Avatar:LAB and LOTR Just Had a Baby

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Twain Solemnheart on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:00 am

Further explanation seems to be needed.

Each country is associated with an element, like it Avatar: The Last Airbender. Well, a physical element. Light and Shadow hold no country, because they are the hues of the soul, the shades that give us morality.

Each element is embodied by a Dragon. These Dragons are held in the esteem of Gods, and have Grand Temples in which they live. They are corporeal, sentient, and the living manifestation of their elemental will. With this sentience they have the opportunity to increase their influence on the human psyche overall, which in turn will increase their power. Thus, in the beginning, they fought for the power over humans. Think of the collective human brain wave as a type of energy source, a well of never ending power. That's what they fought for. But, in the end, all attempts proved futile. None could overpower the other. But from these wars, the last of which ended a good 750+ years before the events above, a new God was born from the human consciousness.

His name is Vel' Droth. He is the God of Death, Misery, and Sorrow. Unlike the others, who embody elements and their primal representations (Mother Earth, Wisdom of the Ocean, etc.), he is freed from these shackles of elemental restriction. And because he was born and watched as the blatant struggle for power pushed forward, he came to a simple conclusion. A slow and steady pace will win the race. Things may move silently and still strike. And most importantly, death will come to all things.

Now, humans don't know about this link, and Vel' Droth has done well to not have amassed a large force of faith. He is instead seeding power not from one country, not from one group of humans, but from all of them. Every bitter thought, every vengeful swing of the blade, every drop of blood spilled without reason, fuels him. And all the dead are his domain.

Only recently has he turned to making himself known, all these years past. And even now he cloaks under false names, false pretenses, emboldening humans without their own knowledge, whispering to their subconscious and playing puppet master from afar. Only a select few can see this, one of them being Twain.

The characters placed in this roleplay will be the "Chosen Ones" of their elements, blessed by the Dragons. They probably don't know it, but deep in their gut they'll all feel this primal urge, this unintelligible need to change the world they live in.

Hope that's better. If you want more explanation, please send me a PM, or I could just post it in the forums. Either or works.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Twain Solemnheart
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Avatar:LAB and LOTR Just Had a Baby

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riverstyx777 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:13 am

All right Twain, my friend, I'll definitely bite on this. Sounds like you've got a lot more hidden up your sleeve, and I know you said you'd been working on this plot for quite some time. If you need any help establishing it here, however, I'm your man. XD

You'll find (or already have) that here on Gateway, things are very much different from Gaia, and for the most part, that's a good thing.
"Darkness shall not be feared..." - River

"This country spends over a billion dollars a year on getting high. That... that is not my fault, I'm just a businessman." - Christopher Walken, playing Frank White in King of New York

Riverstyx777
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!