Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:57 am

Hello there!

Having just finished watching Book 4 of the Legend of Korra, I was content with the character development process all the characters went through, but in the end, a bitter taste was left in my mouth. In a way, the series touched my heart, but I was unsatisfied with the way things turned out, and I wanted to know more.

So I come here, and I want to create an Avatar RP, but of course we would have to use original characters; it would just be no fun otherwise. We could incorporate already created characters, but I'd like to do that as little as we can so that I or the players can control this world and the personalities in it more directly.

I've drummed up a few ideas, and I'll post them below. I don't know which I'd pick because I like the technology set during and at the end of Legend of Korra, but national conflicts become a thing of the past after Kuvira is taken down and King Wu decides to decentralize the Earth Kingdom. But either way, someone (whether it be you or me, I am indifferent) will need to play the Avatar, and there will be plenty of space for other characters as well.

Well, here we go.

The Earth Warlords

After King Wu decreed for the kingdom to be decentralized with free elections in each state, some took the opportunity to seize their own state in the Earth Kingdom. These lands had foolhardy men reject the elections and maintain a dictatorship of their own, seizing power while the kingdom was weak in transition. With the continent having the world's attention, and the United Republic's ever present hand, conflict could inflate colossally if care is not taken in these matters.

The technology of the era would be a bit more advanced than Korra's time, with TV's being invented and cars and radios becoming more efficient (think of the real technology leading up to World War II). A second industrial revolution is upon the world where electricity begins replacing steam power more so than it already has. For the Avatar, the link between Korra and her past lives remains severed, so the only past life the current Avatar can contact is Korra. But, perhaps this can change...

Also, the Avatar must originally be of the Earth element.

An Earthly Continent

An altered history. In the days of city-states on the Earth continent of the world, one ruler had to rise to conquer the lands and make the Earth Kingdom. Going back to this time, how would the Avatar handle things? This is an altered history, meaning the outcome does not have to result in a unified Earth Kingdom. And this may be only one of many developments in the world.

The Great War

Another altered history. After Roku's passing came the outbreak of war and the genocide of the air nomads. But did Sozin really kill all the nomads? What shall the reborn Avatar do as they are hunted by the Fire Nation? What will the citizens of the world do as they take sides, or remain apathetic in this deadly conflict? Join in to shape the personalities and figures of this world changing war.

The Avatar must be of the element, Air.

Anyways, that's what I got for ideas right now. If anyone else thinks of something cool, shoot me a PM, and if you're interested, PM me or post here with what you're interested in. I'm only going to start one RP and I don't want more than three other people, making a total of four in this RP.

Hope to hear from some people out there!

- Redred33mer
"The Redeemer has risen!"
Image"It is not living that matters, but Living rightly."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Avatar: Master of Elements

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:28 pm

Damn, like 30 people looked at this interest check and still no one. What terrible luck.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:55 pm

Hmm... I'm interested in the last two ideas. Modern technology just seems to make me less excited about Avatar.

I didn't watch much past season 1 and 2, myself. I just felt that they ruined the characters for me with the infamous love triangle debacle and their refusal to address the fate of the Equalists after Amon died.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seveneleven on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:55 pm

I've been watching the Legend of Korra on Amazon, unfortunately they only have 1 and 2 on prime so I am awaiting for Books 3 and 4 to become available. Why I am responding though is that some of the ideas you've presented are similar to thoughts I had myself. To be more specific they also had something to do with the state of the Earth Kingdom after the end of LoK. Of course I don't mind sharing my thoughts if you do chose to make a RP based on your first idea.

Seveneleven
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:13 pm

legendofkorra.tv

You're welcome.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seveneleven on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:52 pm

Cool, thanks for the link. Well if you're still thinking about an Avatar RP, I'm up for participating and perhaps collaborating over ideas! :)

Seveneleven
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dankroleplays on Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:38 am

I'm down for idea 1, or any for that matter and I'm not greedy for an avatar spot either.

Dankroleplays
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senpai on Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:05 am

roleplay/jians-tale-republic-revolution/
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UF9 ... ROhKo/edit

If you want, feel free to take this and use/modify whatever you want from it. I was gonna run it, but my co-gm vanished and I lost interest. It's mostly all my ideas and I have no problems whether you make use of it or not. Have fun with it if you want. If you want more information on any of it, PM/IM me. I probably won't follow this thread.

Senpai
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby claw on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:11 am

Personally as a massive Avatar fan, I'd be more than happy to jump into any of these ideas.

claw
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!