Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Avatar: Shadow of the Mount OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Fri May 23, 2008 4:15 pm

Asbo, a back story for your character doesn't need to be elaborate and extensive. Look at the back stories of the people accepted, most are very concise and short, providing just enough information to give the character some weight.

My back story for example, is not very long, not very elaborate it just paints a picture of what happened and why my character is a wanderer now. Sometimes simplicity is the best course of action.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby asbo on Fri May 23, 2008 5:28 pm

Name:Ash
Appearance:Hair shaven off, Brown eyes, orange shawls over long-sleeved yellow shirts, a brown belt, yellow pants with brown on the back, and brown boots that reach the knees. and has the tattoos of some of the masteries of Air Bending
Nation:Air Nomads
Element:Air
Other:He has Air Bender Staff with a Small Spike at the tip,
History: Ash was born at the Southern Air Temple and has lived a quiet life there. He was a player in the Airball team there but left aged 17 to travel around on his Air Bison

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

asbo
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lake on Fri May 23, 2008 5:55 pm

@ Asbo: Your grammar looks better, but I might try to add some more detail. Its not my RP, but I'd try to better it a little more. I know you got it in ya. ;D
This signature is naked. Help by clothing it!

Lake
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonspirit22 on Fri May 23, 2008 6:04 pm

Jade, I edited Vada again. Please tell me if she is accepted now.

Moonspirit22
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby asbo on Fri May 23, 2008 6:10 pm

as i said before there is very little infomation on Air Nomads

asbo
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lake on Fri May 23, 2008 6:14 pm

@ Asbo: I suppose you could make up some information, but that would seem weird and its up to Jadeling Hawkins. Anyway, good luck is about all I can say now. xD

Lake
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Fri May 23, 2008 6:36 pm

Since I'm in no mood to start shit... here.

Name: Jiro
Nation: Fire Nation
Bending Style: Fire
Favorite Attack: Precision fireballs (Shot out of two straight fingers)
Weapons: Nothing besides the occasional flaming whip.
Exclusive talents: Known for whirling fire whips like dance ribbons. Fairly agile as well.

Appearance:

Personality: Overall, pretty cheerful. While not a prankster, he does enjoy a good joke or too. This, however, does give him a somewhat cocky nature in battle, though mostly not too badly, he does have his moments.

History: Jiro had always been facinated by the Firebending performers. Their light shows captured his attention when he was a small child. As soon as he was able, he joined a troupe and learned his precision firebending from a performer who shot the fire at several candles throughout a room. Jiro also learned how to use fire whips in combination with dance routines to put on a show. But, with the strange happenings of the world, Jiro decided to start practicing his performing skills to combat level. He turned his dancing whips into weapons. These days, Jiro just wanders, but he seems drawn toward the Earth Kingdoms for some reason. At the same time, Jiro also hopes to find a firebending master to learn more advanced techniques from.

Strengths and Weaknesses: While dancing whips are quick and agile, they do not impose a terrible threat in terms of stength. This same principle applies for the precision fireballs, as they are meant to be quick and accurate, not powerful. His body, being currently trained to perform quick and agile movements, can obviously be counted as lightweight and therefore not impose a serious threat to one of large stature. Also, his cheerful attitude can often lead to him playing jokes on the enemy rather than actually fighting.

Hopefully it's obvious but his younger age SHOULD be an obvious indicator that he is still at a student level.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avric on Fri May 23, 2008 7:04 pm

Ok i edited my character, took and changed as per the bell curve and if anything is still wrong with him please let me know.

Avric
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat May 24, 2008 12:03 am

Alright. Here's the deal.

There has already been a lot of arguing, bickering, back biting and general immaturity regarding this thread and the rules. So, if you want in, understand this:

I simply don't have the patience, time, or excess nerves to deal with constant gentle reminders and a continuous flow of arguments and whatnot. So we're going to go on a three strike basis: if you need three reminders about the rules, you will be kicked. Plain and simple. That goes for all of the rules. About characters, about posts, everything. I know it may be shocking, but I actually do have a life outside of RPG and it is indeed quite busy...so please don't waste my time, and I won't waste yours, and we can make a freakin' sweet game together.

I admit now that I will be far harsher about post length and quality in this game than I am in any other that I've GMed for, because there have already been several complaints about such and such and this or that. So problems will be nipped in the bud.

In short: everyone is green lighted. The IC thread will be up soon, do not post any OOC in it. If I ask you to fix something, do us all a favor and just fix it. I won't ask when it's not necessary. Let's grow creatively together and have a good time, shall we?

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat May 24, 2008 12:10 am

Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah...now lets tell an EPIC RP

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat May 24, 2008 12:11 am

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sat May 24, 2008 10:15 am

*Raises her hand in the air!* So um, Miss. Hawkins, are we like going to meet up in the Earth Kingdom? And if so... which part? <<
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jadeling Hawkins on Sat May 24, 2008 11:07 am

Ah, excellent question, Middeth. We have two ways we could go about this, and I would like your guys' opinion on it.

1. Everyone starts in the Earth Kingdom. Think of some reason for your character to be in the general area that the first few people have placed themselves in (trading? Traveling? Training?) and we'll converge in a hopefully timely manner.

2. We meet up in smaller groups, in the places your characters would naturally be (Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, etc.) and then slowly merge the groups together. This would take a great deal longer, but would seem more natural with the characters living in different countries and all.

Let me know what you guys are comfortable with, an we'll do that.

Jadeling Hawkins
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat May 24, 2008 11:44 am

I prefer the second option as it is more organic and will offer more chances for people to develop their personalities in dyadic and triadic relationships and allow everyone to exhibit some form of their powers as they journey. But I bow to the will of the community.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Sat May 24, 2008 11:58 am

I peter option 2 as well, I would aslo like to see some near misses, where both groups pass by without knowing.
From the Halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli
We will fight our country's battles in air, on land and sea

First to fight for right and freedom, and to keep our honor clean
We are proud to claim the title of United States Marine

Xersist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sat May 24, 2008 12:17 pm

You could do both... Like maybe the Earth Kingdom is having a party to celebrate the Avatar? And people are making their way towards the festivals from other places around the world to celebrate the new Avatar? << >>

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lake on Sat May 24, 2008 12:52 pm

I'd prefer the second choice as well, but then I'll have to go and edit my post. If its for the good of the RP, anything's fine with me.

I like Myrin's choice too. It would actually give people a solid reason to get together, speeding up the standard meet and greet time that happens in most RP's.

A down side I think to the second option would be that some people would have to post by themselves (talk to NPC's and such) just to get to a common meeting place. I'm sure in one post or two that this would be an easy fix, and it would give other player's an idea on how strong (or not-so strong) each character is with their bending ability.

Whatever's fine with me though, Go Team! xD

Lake
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby asbo on Sat May 24, 2008 2:21 pm

how many people have joined now?

asbo
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat May 24, 2008 4:12 pm

There are a good five or six people but only 3-4 have posted so far.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby asbo on Sat May 24, 2008 5:10 pm

which option have we chosen to meet up?

asbo
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!