Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fogindoor on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:36 pm

I'm looking for 8 RPers that has seen Avatar and is willing to make a prequel with me.

We will be starting all together trapped in a dungeon under a temple to the energy benders. (Let your character reveal themselves as the story goes along.)

This takes place thousands of years before the Avatar and is during the time of the first avatar.

As the first ever benders of the elements, we were placed in jail for witchcraft. There is no fire nation, water tribes, earth kingdoms, or air temples yet. There is only single cities and villages that have no formal rule. But what we don't know is that the first avatar, is evil and is trying to use his powers to rule the rest of the unbending world.

Here are your characters and if you don't know their stories you can learn more in the link below:

Fire:
Male- Ran
Male- Shao
http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Ran_and_Shao

Earth:
Female- Oma (after Shu's death and the end of the villages' war)
http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Shu

Water:
Female- Tui
http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Tui
Male-La
http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/La

Air:
???-???
Free character, unless anyone knows the first airbenders

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

fogindoor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Lifegiver

Re: Avatar: The Beginning - OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:49 pm

Can we play the evil avatar? Pleeeasssr
I like to play villians.
Have you ever dreamed of being extraordinary, being able to wield a super-human ability? Tissue Regeneration, Teleportation, Electricity Manipulation? What If I told you could, the way to obtain these abilities is simple. Click the Links.
OOC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29924.html
IC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29956.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chulance
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Huchiama on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:34 pm

I will be la because i think waterbending is awesome xDD
Image Image
(\ /)
( . .)
C(" )(" )

Huchiama
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fogindoor on Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:37 pm

sure u can be the villain

fogindoor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tawanos on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:33 pm

I'd be interested in playing one of the Air benders. As far as I know they have never been named, only that the first benders learned by watching Sky Bison.
I Wish I may, I wish I might.
Have this wish I wish tonight.
I want that Star I want it Now.
I want it all, I don't care How!

Tawanos
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:09 pm

Yeah!

So when does the rp start?

Chulance
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fogindoor on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:17 pm

once i get enough people to be benders then i'll get an ic up and we'll begin

fogindoor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tawanos on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:07 pm

If I'm going to play the unknown First Airbender would you like me to make up a character for it to get approved? If you've got some guidelines to what you'd like for the RP, please let me know.

Tawanos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fogindoor on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:34 am

Well as far as guidelines go, the actual personalities to the characters are entirely up to you. The air bender can be made up. That's fine. But from the beginning we will be growing in to our bending abilities. So starting off our ages are all about 15-20, pretty young and wound up in jail for showing our bending abilities. The first avatar, is actually the last energy bending human, so the four elements aren't exactly his thing. The IC will be up when just a few more people join. I will volunteer to be one of the fire benders (Ran) since there is no one else.

fogindoor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:41 pm

Very interesting indeed.I would like to rp as Tui the waterbender.

Snowdrift
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Mark on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:36 pm

Would you guys mind if we added a master swordsman in the mix,
I can make the character pretty quick.

Captain Mark
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fogindoor on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Sure why not? the regular avatar had sokka who wasnt a bender so sure let's go. i'll get the ic up soon i promise. been outta town for a lil

fogindoor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tawanos on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:44 pm

Would you like me to post the character profile I'm working on here or send it to you?

Tawanos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fogindoor on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:30 am

You can post it here

fogindoor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tawanos on Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:27 am

Name: Shen-li
Appearance: Shen-li is a bit taller than average, going through a late growth spurt he is 5’10” and will probably break 6 foot in time. He is slender but well muscled from a monk’s life. He would have black hair except that his head is shaved. He wears the saffron robes of a monk tied to indicate he is still in training.
Attitude: Shen’s teachers complain that his head is in the clouds. He does all the work and behaves as a monk should, but is often seen day dreaming watching the birds or sky bison. He saves a portion of his meals to give to the winged lemur which hang around the gardens. He is a bit sarcastic when dealing with people and loves a good joke. He also has a horrible sweet tooth and has been known to take other’s working time in trade for something sugary.
Bender abilities: Just starting to understand his Air Bending abilities he can make gusts of wind spin around him or shoot off a short distance but they are fairly accurate but not powerful yet, though he hopes to improve them in time. He can make small vortex and has learned to make his body lighter through breath control. His fondest wish it to be able to rise into the clouds like the sky bison.
Bio: As a child his family gave him up to an order of monks as he was the third child and it was tradition to do so. He was raised along with other boys at the monastery high in the mountains. He learned martial arts along with the other traditions. During meditation in his 12th year he felt as though he had touched something different within him. He tried asking the other monks but they could not understand what he was talking about. He tried asking the Head Abbot who directed him to research what he felt in the monastery’s library. He encountered several scrolls about the ancient and mystical form of energy bending. After some experimentation during meditation he came to the conclusion that it was not the same. He continued to try and reach the odd core inside him through meditation but that also proved fruitless.
It wasn’t until he was 16 that he made a breakthrough. He was practicing martial arts while watching the heard of sky bison when as he made a two handed pushing motion called Roar of the Bison and a gust of wind pushed down along his arms and twisted off striking a tree and sending leaves scattering. It was a moment of elation as he had finally felt the ‘core’ do something within him. However he wasn’t stupid to go shouting and telling everyone. Things like this could get a person into trouble, even a monk. However, knowing that he couldn’t stop now he continued to practice in secret, taking more and more solitary working hours to watch the sky bison. He learned that the power came more easily to him with moves inspired by the sky bison. He tried mimicking them in how they defied gravity and made the air do their bidding. He is improving but it is slow going without a true teacher.
Now 18, he has gotten bolder. However this backfired when he tried to demonstrate the skill to his martial arts master. A novice was watching and started whispering about Shen's 'secret power'. A few days later soldiers appeared with a magistrate who demanded a demonstration of his power. Shen did so and was immediately arrested. His hands and feet cuffed he was taken off to jail.

If you would like any changes made, please let me know.

Tawanos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:44 pm

For those of you who have agree to do this roleplay, I want you to know that the IC will be up as soon as possible. As for now, Fogi and I have the map up and we will allow you sometime to think about where you would like your characters to start and so forth. Thank you for you patience and I will try to get back you all as soon as possible.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2515/371 ... b5ee_o.png

Snowdrift
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!