Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

a part of “Avatar: The Rise of Zhi”, a fictional universe by Magus1108.

Avatar Zhi, master of all four elements, seeks to establish peace within the Earth Kingdom once more; but will he succeed in his endeavors?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Avatar: The Rise of Zhi”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Avatar: The Rise of Zhi

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:46 pm

Hm, I'm thinking Otoki hired the Kraken, and the Bei Fongs hired Hiro. That sound good?

Also, I notice we have a distinct lack of Airbenders. So far we just have the one, I do believe, not counting the Air Mentor. Now that is just unacceptable, people! We need us some airbenders! :P :)

There is no War in Ba Sing Se

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Magus1108
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vaultbadger on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:53 pm

Cool, I was thinking Otoki sounded like a bloke who would hire the Kraken. Also, imam quite happy to create an Air Bender if you wish?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vaultbadger
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:59 pm

Yep, I felt that Otoki would love to hire a fellow like Ronshi.

Sure, I'd love that! :D

Magus1108
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby evil.being on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:04 pm

I'll make an airbender if you want :)

evil.being
Member for 9 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:09 pm

You can if you want to, evil.being. :)

Magus1108
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TnevdaNai on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:30 am

Submitted my Earthbender~ Hope you like him.
And yes, I will be making his sister very soon as well. ^_^

Ah... I forgot to add that he feels guilty about all the people he may have killed during the brainwashed state. I'll put that in tomorrow.
"Terribly sorry for not being on for quite some time. I know some people might be a little mad at me for not being there but..."

*adjust brand new spectacles* x_x

TnevdaNai
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:11 am

Magus1108 wrote:Hm, I'm thinking Otoki hired the Kraken, and the Bei Fongs hired Hiro. That sound good?

Also, I notice we have a distinct lack of Airbenders. So far we just have the one, I do believe, not counting the Air Mentor. Now that is just unacceptable, people! We need us some airbenders! :P :)

Sounds good. Hiro might just have fun with the Bei Fongs, considering they remind him of his father and politics back home.

almostinsane
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:58 pm

So, I do believe I'll be putting out another casting call, of sorts! :)

I was originally going to play King Otoki myself, but I've reconsidered doing that. For the most part I plan on Otoki being the Big Bad of the story, with the final showdown being between him and Zhi, more or less. So because of that, I don't want to take him, now. I mean, I do want to play a villain of some sort, but not the Big Bad. Because it'd be sorta boring to write a fight sequence between the Big Good and Big Bad of the story when I'm playing both.

So, anyone here willing to claim Otoki? I'd love you forever if any of you did so!~ ;)

Magus1108
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:56 pm

I don't think I can. On a related note, however, I have Fukoda's history up. This should tie in with Otoki's paranoia and crimes:

It was then that Fukoda realized his error. Beneath the subservient bows and smiles of civility, lay thinly concealed ambition. Fukoda quickly kept the presence of the Earth Emperor's son, Huang Gao, a secret. Initially, he was able to quell the violence, but in one battle, the Imperial Palace Guard Captain, Otoki betrayed and murdered him without warning and with superior numbers before declaring himself King. Thankfully, Fukoda had told no one of Gao's existence. The paranoid Imperial Palace Guard Captain suspected he was involved in some sort of plan or conspiracy in Ba Sing Se, but he found nothing, driving the new King to goto great lengths within his own territory to find and destroy whatever Fukoda had been hiding.

almostinsane
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:16 pm

Looks good to me, AI!

Wow, hard to believe we have so many characters. At this point all we'd need before starting is getting that airbender mentor up and finished! Hm, I'll PM Arabella about how far that character is toward being finished.

Magus1108
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neverland on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:47 pm

Hi, Magus! Are you still looking for some more Air-benders? If so, I wouldn't mind creating one at all. :)
- Neverland -
"The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it." ~ J. M. Barrie, Peter Pan

Neverland
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:56 pm

Sure, you can do that if you want.

And anyone want Otoki? Please? I'll be your best friend forever if you take him!~

Magus1108
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coricidinForte on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:07 am

I don't think he really needs to be taken, he could just be used as a NPC type character. Just a suggestion, it's how I've handled such villains in the past.
날 밀어내도 난 다시 네게로 다가가서

coricidinForte
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:18 am

Hmm, I don't know. Villains drive the plot forward with them being some of the most interesting characters. Still, we need to start soon lest people lose interest or forget about it. Has Arabella replied, Magus? If she hasn't, we might have to start without her if she's unresponsive or, when this begins, check with everyone that they're still here.

I've had some trouble with people reserving characters and just leaving without saying anything in some of my roleplays.

We can just have Otoki an npc temporarily until someone takes him.

almostinsane
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vaultbadger on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:52 am

I think we should just start now. The Avatar does not need to start with all his tutors right away, does he? :D

Vaultbadger
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:55 am

We do have other airbenders if worse comes to worse, though I hope Arabella didn't leave us.

almostinsane
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby marredserenity on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:13 am

I second Vaultbadger and almostinsane. It's time to get something started or people will lose interest.

marredserenity
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby evil.being on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:20 am

I um, third that... right? Anyways, I won't be making a second charrie at the moment so I think we should get this magnificent show on this road.

evil.being
Member for 9 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:48 am

If no one else volunteers, I'll take Otoki.

almostinsane
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:19 pm

Hm, I might just let Otoki be an important NPC, until we get someone who wants to play him.

And no, haven't heard from Arabella yet. I'll try PMing her again soon.

And alright, if you guys are willing to start now, so be it! I'll type up an opening post soon.

Also, let me quickly review who is with who. If I get any of the following wrong, please tell me so.

Team Zhi:

Gao
Bo
Akara
Zira
Yun Shi

Team Otoki:

Ronshi

Team Bei Fong:

Hiro

Not Yet Affiliated With Any Of The Above:

Ling
Hei Lei
Roan
Wei
Nami
Senshi

Magus1108
Member for 9 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!