Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

a part of “Avatar: The Rise of Zhi”, a fictional universe by Magus1108.

Avatar Zhi, master of all four elements, seeks to establish peace within the Earth Kingdom once more; but will he succeed in his endeavors?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Avatar: The Rise of Zhi”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Avatar: The Rise of Zhi

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:26 pm

I got that right? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, until we get the AIrbending Mentor up, let's say that Zhi is still searching for an airbending teacher. Kay?

Also, for those of you apart of Team Zhi, currently you are all at the Earth Sage Temple. It is a monastery located in the northern Earth Kingdom, in a valley of snow-capped mountains coincidentally located near the Northern Air Temple, though the Sages do not know that. Anyway, this is where Zhi is currently training with most of his mentors. However, Zhi is making plans to leave the Sage Temple soon, so the group won't stay there forever.

There is no War in Ba Sing Se

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Magus1108
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:52 pm

Sounds good to me. I can't wait for this to start. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

almostinsane
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:27 pm

Looks good to me. Looks this is gonna be good, can't wait to start either.
I used to be nice... Then I got bored.

The Soul one
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyperewok on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:35 pm

Sounds good, looking forward to starting.

Hyperewok
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:50 pm

It has begun, people! Feel free to start posting away! :)

roleplay/avatar-the-rise-of-zhi/places/the-rise-of-zhi#roleplay2402287

You're up first, Mashotu. Should be interesting to see Zhi and Zira's training session.

Magus1108
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:41 pm

By the way, I've set up a sub-group thing within the Avatar: The Last Airbender thread in the Place section of the RP. It is called The Rise of Zhi, and that's where I'd like all posting to take place, please! :)

Magus1108
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vaultbadger on Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:56 pm

Hey guys! Made a Wei post. If you wish to know how he looks, he is 6ft tall, he has shoulder length dark brown hair and amber eyes. He has tan skin and Airbending tatoo's.

A Ronshi post will be coming later, I promise!

Vaultbadger
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coricidinForte on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:08 pm

Yay we're starting~ Won't be able to post right now but I'll try and put up something before I go to bed~
날 밀어내도 난 다시 네게로 다가가서

coricidinForte
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:45 pm

So, still haven't heard from Arabella. Hm. How long do you guys think I should give him/her to show up?

And on the chance Arabella indeed doesn't show up, we'll need a new Airbending mentor. If Vaultbadger doesn't mind, I might want to have Wei be Zhi's Airbending teacher, in that case. Unless someone wants to claim the Airbending Mentor? I'm fine with either having a new OC or Wei be the mentor.

Magus1108
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vaultbadger on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:58 pm

I would be very happy to have Wei be the mentor for Zhi, unless anyone objects? I would warn you though, Wei's style of Airbending is highly unorthodox. It's more like Weibending.

Vaultbadger
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TnevdaNai on Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:09 pm

I'd assume that the Earth Sages or any other Sages in that matter, would no way by the end of the world allow an Airbender who is doesn't adopt Airbending philosophy to teach the arts of Airbending.

It IS the most devastating of all other Bending arts, true. But that is also why it's handled by pacifists who keep their emotions in check. If left to be influenced by emotion, there's no telling how much death an Airbender can cause compared to the other Benders.

But this is your roleplay of course. I'm just looking at it from a point of view that I've seen in the series. The philosophy is what makes teaching easier.

Fire is dangerous, powerful and can harm others if not controlled. Emotions effect it drastically, but is not the source of it's strength though it helps. A Firebender is always in the frontlines, pushing forward at their opponents. One must breathe as one with the fire as a Dragon does.

Water is a healing element, cool and calm. Just as the ocean is, Waterbenders can be a force to be reckoned with or a giver of life. A Waterbender will always be on their defensive, but when forced to, can fight back. Fluid movements go along with the flow, pushing and pulling like the Moon.

Earth is an immovable object. Sturdy and unyielding, it's entire strength draws from the Bender's own tenacity. An Earthbender should know when to brace themselves and when to select the right time to apply their powerful counterattack. More often than not, one hit is all they need. A blind sense and strength, yet docile like the Badgermoles.

Air is the most devastating element of all. Strong, plentiful, air can be a striking punch or a slicing blade. An Airbender's strength comes from their dynamic prowess to weave their way through danger without doing harm to their opponents. Granted similarity to Waterbenders, they are on the defensive. Peaceful and non-violent like the Air Bisons.

Edit: ...I kind of laughed at the phrase 'Weibending'. xD
"Terribly sorry for not being on for quite some time. I know some people might be a little mad at me for not being there but..."

*adjust brand new spectacles* x_x

TnevdaNai
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vaultbadger on Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:47 pm

I understand your concern. Weibending is a very passionate and dangerous form or Airbending. I am, however, confident that Wei could teach Zhi traditional Airbending. H was raised as an Air Nomad, after all! :D however, it's all up to you guys! :D

Vaultbadger
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby evil.being on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:04 pm

I don't know where to start. -facepalm-

evil.being
Member for 9 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:18 am

Hey all, it looks like this RP is well under way! I don't suppose that there's room for me to squeeze in is there?

Eskay
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:26 am

Of course! You're welcome to join! :)

You could take the Airbending Mentor, if you want. Arabella is a no-show so far, and if I don't hear back from her by Monday, I'll go ahead and make the position open, and give it to you. If you want.

Otheriwse, feel free to just make a character and jump in! We got plenty of spots open. Our main antagonist, King Otoki of Ba Sing Se, is still available for taking. We have room for more villains too. Or just about anyone in general!

Magus1108
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:36 am

Thanks for the prompt response! I actually sent you a PM outlining a peculiar request for a character!

Either way, I'm actually leaving tomorrow and won't be returning until July 28th, so I'll have the whole week to ponder the character!

Eskay
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:37 am

I think I'll just wait until they get going, and have my character's act like they were waiting for them to make a move.
(crap, I'm horrible at keeping up with stuff that isn't related to mine, especially with a group this large! D:)

The Soul one
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:19 am

Sorry I haven't posted these last two days, guys. I have been busy, but I should have the free time now! I'll be kicking the RP into gear starting tomorrow.

Also, still no word from Arabella. If I don't hear from her by Monday night, I'm opening up the role.

Magus1108
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magus1108 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:07 pm

Say, do the members of Team Zhi mind if I fast forward things a bit and have all the characters needed present at the audience of the High Sage? Just want to make sure I won't interrupt anything before I put that plan into action.

Magus1108
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PaperCoversRockB*tch on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:41 pm

I say you should go ahead and do it. I know I'm not part of the Zhi group, but getting the meeting started will help keep things moving forward.

PaperCoversRockB*tch
Member for 9 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!