Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ninjakitty on Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:04 pm

Ugh...Where is everyone getting their avatars? I want one but i cant find any HELP!!!!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ninjakitty
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: AVATARS???

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:06 pm

Take a picture. Any picture. Shrink or crop it until it is less than or equal to 100 by 100 pixels in size. Go to the "user control panel" nere the top of this page. Find and click on the "profile" tab. Click "edit avatar." Then upload your avatar.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:09 pm

Most of us make our own, or you can find someone in the Artwork section of the forum to make you one. Big Boss made mine, with a matching signature that I'm currently not using. If you fill out his guidelines, he'll be happy to make you one. You can also Google 'avatars' to find some. If you like Naruto, for example, you can Google "Naruto avatars" and I'm sure you'll find a site with a bunch of them.
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xersist on Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:44 pm

I went to a site called Picnik and it help me make my avatar, It made it look so slick. If you need any more info let me know
From the Halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli
We will fight our country's battles in air, on land and sea

First to fight for right and freedom, and to keep our honor clean
We are proud to claim the title of United States Marine

Xersist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:35 pm

I've seen people with Avatars larger than 100x100 How come they get bigger ones?

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:37 pm

Riikano-Alinaris wrote:I've seen people with Avatars larger than 100x100 How come they get bigger ones?

I think they selected their avatars before the 100x100 limit was placed and haven't changed them since.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:39 pm

ok.....Well then how do you do the whole crop and Shrink Thing?

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Driney on Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:47 pm

Ninjakitty!! Lookie my Avi!!! It's Furby!!

Driney
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:47 pm

How cute.
Riikano-Alinaris wrote:ok.....Well then how do you do the whole crop and Shrink Thing?

I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager to crop stuff. It comes with the Microsoft Office, which you really should get if you're running on Windows. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downl ... fault.aspx

For shrinking, I use Irfanview. http://www.irfanview.com/

Not sure what to tell you. Every photoediting program works differently. What do you use?

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:52 pm

The best image editing program I've found is SplashUp, which works right inside the browser. It's almost identical to Photoshop, except quicker and easier, with no installation.

Of course, if you go to the User Control Panel and then click "Profile", then click "Edit Avatar", you can assign your avatar there (and even select from our gallery by clicking "Display Gallery" at the bottom).
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:54 pm

Nothjing.....i just go to Photoshop and pray i can find something.....thxs for the help though.
Theres one thing I've been wanting for an Avatar for the longest time...I hope it works,

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!