Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Awkward intro post...

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Awkward intro post...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Umbrella on Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:47 pm

Hey all. I find these intro posts a little awkward -- I hate the pressure of presenting myself -- but hey ho, here it is. I'm relatively new to roleplaying and collaborative writing, although I know the basics, but do have a lot of writing experience. I joined this site because I thought it would be fun to do some collab writing and a good way to keep inspiration fresh and ideas rolling. I write novels and short stories, mainly light fantasy/magic realism, so roleplaying is unexplored territory that looks quite fun!

I look forward to writing with you guys. See you around!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Umbrella
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Awkward intro post...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:51 pm

*Awkward reply*

But let's hope not too awkward, yeah? Anyway~ Heyo Umbrella, and welcome to the site! Hopefully you'll find what you are looking for here and have a little fun on the way. Roleplaying basically is just like writing a story, I feel in my opinion, though instead of writing the whole thing, you write only a piece of a larger story. RP's tend to be very character driven in my experience, but because of that I feel like it's a lot of fun too.

Now, if you'll bare with me for a moment, I'll throw a couple of links at you to help you get started on the site. So... Boom?

Rules - I fully believe that you won't have any issues, but still be sure to check out the site rules. There aren't many, but still.
Role Play Academy - If you feel like you need to ask for advice or anything on your writing, the Academy is a good place to go. Our Scholars are all wonderful people, I promise.
Interest Checks - If you have an idea and want to get the word out, or just generally gauge interest, or if you want to take a gander at the ideas other posted, this is the place to do it.
Roleplayers Wanted - If you do manage to get an RP up off the ground, but need more writers, this is where you'll go to drum up recruit, or on the flipside, where you'll go if you're looking for an RP to jump.

You'll also notice that we have a Private Messaging system, but in order to gain access to that feature (it helps out combating the bots) you need 10 posts. To help you get there, I'd suggest checking out our Forum Games, Discussion and Debate, and our Creative Realm.

*Ahem.*

Right, now that that's out of the way, I am Talisman, or Tally, if you'd prefer. I am one of RPG's moderators as you can see by the snazzy green name and title. Those of us with the pretty blue names are our scholars, whom are all good people, and those of us with the red name are our overlords site admins. If you have any issues or need help with something, please, don't hesitate to just go an ask one of us. We're all wonderful people, I'd like to think.

Happy Roleplaying!
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Umbrella on Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:01 am

Thanks for the welcome, Tally! I look forward to seeing you around.

Umbrella
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ranaravel on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:59 am

And because you welcomed me on my awkward intro post, I thought I'd pop in and welcome you in yours! Welcome, from a fellow newbie to another.

I hope you find/create some awesome roleplays! ^_^

ranaravel
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Umbrella on Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:18 pm

Thanks Rana!

Umbrella
Member for 8 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!