Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D »

Bad Anecdotes to Tell on a Celebrity Talk Show

a topic in Forum Games, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Fun games to pass the time!

Bad Anecdotes to Tell on a Celebrity Talk Show

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:17 pm

So I got this idea from the improv show, "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" Basically, the gist of this is to pretend that you are on a celebrity talk show, like "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," "Late Night With Conan O'Brien," "Late Show With David Letterman," or "Jimmy Kimmel Live." You insert a bad (maybe inappropriate) anecdote, which is a short/amusing/interesting account which may depict a real incident or person as Wikipedia defines it. Remember though, to stay within the Rules of RPG. Your anecdote may be a paragraph, or a single line.

Consider this my first attempt at a Forum Game...and here...we...go.

*Takes a sip of water*

So then I hid the body in the trunk, and everyone's like 'what's its smell like?'
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Bad Anecdotes to Tell on a Celebrity Talk Show

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:43 pm

*Stands up*

So, when I was drunk I got this CRAZY tatoo... *Begins unzipping pants.*
"And that... Is all I can tell you." - The Bard.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WaltJRimmer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:43 pm

So this one time, I was locked in a cabin in the woods, and the only thing I had with me were five bottles of Pepto Bismol.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:48 pm

"Well, that's when lawyers got involved and, oh, wait, that's right. I wasn't supposed to discuss this outside of court."

WaltJRimmer
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:13 pm

"Next thing I know, my mom's yelling at me and I'm like sheesh, I'm 17 with a car and a job, yet I order one call girl and it's the end of the world."

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:30 pm

"You know, sometimes you become an idiot, and you see a copy machine. Then you're like 'oh cool, a copy machine.' Well, I tell yah, those Bibles..."

*shakes head*

"Yeah...no."

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:03 am

"On, yeah. Acne is a big worry in Hollywood. This one time, I took my shirt off and I had a zit that was so big and red, I thought it was a third nipple!"

WaltJRimmer
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:52 pm

"So long story short, we had to get a new toilet."

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpenserRex on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:10 pm

"Turn out that joke was offensive to like, 70% of western Europe."
Squiggle Bopper

SpenserRex
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:58 pm

"Well...I didn't know he was a rabbi, but the plus side was, she was a blonde."

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:23 am

"But, I mean, come on, I grew up spending my summers in Italy just like everyone else, like what are the rest of you people complaining about?"

ViceVersus
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:11 pm

"And that's why I'm no longer allowed within 500 meters of a Subway."
Don't piss me off. I will personally come to your house and tilt every painting I come across.

Thundergod1020
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:35 pm

*laughs with Jay Leno*

"It's true, I didn't use my hands...at all. I had the C chord, the G chord, but I was never able to get the D chord."
Last edited by VindicatedPurpose on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpenserRex on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:02 pm

"And that's how you get your entire family ex-communicated."

SpenserRex
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:19 am

*smacks Conan's desk*

"NO. No, you're not LISTENING TO ME. If you put bags of ice under the wheels, they melt, and the car can just roll off the cliff while you're miles away .. "

ViceVersus
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:26 pm

*takes a sip*

"Yeah it was hilarious...at the time. We left the scene, Shawn had a scar across his forehead, and we called him Harry Potter for awhile."
Last edited by VindicatedPurpose on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpenserRex on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:10 pm

"While setting him on fire was probably not the best idea, I still managed to get the new Iphone first."

SpenserRex
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WaltJRimmer on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:41 pm

"Oh yeah. To this day, most of the people that work customs still know me on a first name basis. You know, for Christmas they gave me a 25 pound bag of sugar. Got a great laugh out of that."

WaltJRimmer
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:44 pm

"Clearly they had no idea that she was actually a guy."

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:25 pm

"I never knew you could use a paper clip like that."

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!