Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Baekoth: Heretics

a part of “Baekoth: Heretics”, a fictional universe by >Marionette<.

A literate high fantasy epic set in the originally created continent of Baekoth.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Baekoth: Heretics”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:38 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Baekoth: Heretics"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Baekoth: Heretics

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:41 pm

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:42 pm

Your URL tags should be [url=WHATEVER THE URL IS] in the first set of brackets.

Anyway:
I'm interested. High fantasy isn't necessarily my thing (I'm much more a fan of low-fantasy), and neither are "face claims." In fact, FCs are an immediate deterrent in most RPs which are three sentences long and a collection of gifs. Obviously this isn't that.
Also the font choice is harder to read than the default.

But I'm not here to gripe. Well, I kind of am. I don't particularly like the idea of labeling character "classes" in a written RP. It's all fine and good for a rousing Dungeons and Dragons campaign but I feel it's very restrictive. I'm a little confused as to whether you're using it synonymously with professions or if they're the sole roles we can play.
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:01 pm

Thank you but I was not yet done setting up! A lot of setting up had to be done imao.

Although there are different races the high fantasy thing isn't going to get ridiculous and i'm not allowing people to just create whatever race as you can see. Even though there's an "other" option it has to be approved and be within reason, there is also a limit of the number of those. Everything has its parameter. And that's the reason for the classes section, parameter. It's for the sake of everyone knowing what your character is capable of, their occupation (as you guessed), and more about them. It's another label to tack on for clarification. It's also a form of organization, there's a lot to keep track of here and this helps see what character types we're lacking and what we have enough of etc. These classes as far as I can think are all the ones possibly relevant to the stories we have lined up, if there's something else you would like to do you can feel free to bring that up. Though I think most would be happy with the variety I have up, not sure what else there is to play?

And no, this is very clearly not one of those lower level rps, I will be expecting a certain amount of capability in this roleplay.

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toajojo on Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:56 am

Okay, I just wanted to express my interest in this role play. It is so well thought out and comprehensive, I love it. Great job. I do not have anything fully decided just yet, but will soon. I think I will make both a male and female character. They should be up over the weekend.

toajojo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:43 pm

I look forward to your characters thank you!

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mazamizari on Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:21 am

Ah this is amazing. I happen to be a fan of fantasy things and the like. So, I'm expressing interest in this roleplay, I think I'd like to make a (EDIT:I decided perhaps playing as one of the first/few Daemon nobles would be lovely)Noble character. Perhaps A Daemon?

Ahem, for the faceclaims? Do they have to be actual people? Because that will be rather difficult.

Mazamizari
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:29 am

Welcome! And yes, I realize that for daemons sometimes an fc or rl person just isn't reasonable for what you have in mind. So in those cases, and I have noted this in the character creation section i believe, i do allow for illustrations. However you'd be surprised what you can dig up on deviantart as far as cosplayers go so I encourage you to look there first before giving up.

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vasilion on Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:13 am

Oooh, High Fantasy is my favourite subgenre so I am most definitely interested. I will start working on a male character, probably a noble or an inquisitor.
Edit: Looks like I changed my mind (as usual). I'm currently working on a former slave whose background coincidentally provides me with an inquisitor should I have the time and desire to play a second character later on.

Vasilion
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:45 pm

Oh welcome back Vasilion! Good to see you again :)

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iCakez on Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:58 pm

Sent in my character as well! :)

Can't wait to creep on all of yours :3

iCakez
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mazamizari on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:52 am

I've done it. I completed Tsaonim...Finally...

Mazamizari
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:11 am

he enjoys the laughter of children and flowers in the spring~

MEANWHILE HIS VOICE IS FUCKING SMAUG THE DRAGON

bless, he's a joy to read thus far

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iCakez on Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:25 am

I love how he dislikes elves and racial discrimination.

iCakez
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:29 am

I lil hypocrisy is always a nice touch to add realism for characters I find. What are people if not giant ass hypocrites!

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vasilion on Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:05 am

>Marionette< wrote:Oh welcome back Vasilion! Good to see you again :)

Oh wow someone remembers me after such a long absence? I'm flattered! But yeah, it's good to be back and it seems the timing of my return has been impeccable. I just submitted my character, if anything's wrong/incomplete/... just let me know (or if you greatly dislike the character, just say so and I'll make a new one)

Vasilion
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:33 pm

I haven't eaten all day D:

I'm gonna shove food in my face and get back to sort out everything and update thingies~ hope your weekends are going well?

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:47 am

>.< Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Message me but don't tell me this shit is up and I can start writing!?
We drink to him as comrade must
But it's still the same old story
A coward goes from dust to dust
A hero from dust to glory.

Modesty wrote:Where originality comes in is finding new ways to explore the things that already exist to us. Suddenly red becomes crimson, ruby, scarlet, cherry, carnelian, vermilion, cardinal, sienna, maroon, sorrel, rojo, sanguine. Suddenly red can become a metaphor, a picture, a symbol.

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iCakez on Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:12 am

SOLO! :D

iCakez
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:15 pm

I THOUGHT YOU KNEW?????????? Well I assumed imao SORRY. I think my assumption came from my tendency to stalk so I assumed others do the same lol

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!