Announcements: Changes to Universe of the Week! » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » NaNoWriMo 2020 » A vacuum salesman in the Multiverse. » Being bored at work makes you do crazy things » Question here from the FNG » Recommendations of Reading material. » Do you "follow" characters to receive notifications? » My 2 Fav Poems! » Simple Vs. Detailed RPG Layouts » Warning About Communist-Inspired Upheaval and Revolution » The Best Sentence » Universe of the Month Nominations » The SCPF Wiki Project (not related to SCP Project in 2016) » What influences you as you write? And why? » Preventing Bitrot by Hosting Images on RPG » Interesting YouTube Videos » Xamoyan Bestiary »

Players Wanted: Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos » roleplayers wanted for shifters world. » The UCF- a (soon to be) group in the MV » Neothea: Phyrian Galaxy (Open) » Students Wanted: Arcane and Human alike » A Once Upon a Time Adventure. »

Season of Giving 2020

At the end of perhaps our craziest year yet, we choose to celebrate our writing family with that extra touch of gratitude. Tip your fellow authors for a chance to win 10,000 INK, with leaderboards updated daily.

Merry Christmas from RPG! 🎅

Baekoth: Revolution of the Heretical

Baekoth: Revolution of the Heretical

a part of “Baekoth: Revolution of the Heretical”, a fictional universe by That One Guy.

A literate high fantasy epic set in the originally created world of Baekoth

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Baekoth: Revolution of the Heretical”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Baekoth: Revolution of the Heretical

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odinson on Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:51 pm

I've decided to add more lore before I submit my char. So expect that first sometime this weekend and then my char early next week.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Odinson
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MegaCheeseyMonkey on Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:00 am

Okay guys, I'll give you a quick update. Good news, I'm almost done the character. Hurray! *Hear background clapping and over enjoyment of the crowd.* Bad news is... it's the History and I'm always awful at it -.-. *Crowd does the Awwww sound*. I mean, I'm working on it! It just... killed my vibe xD. I'm glad to see so many different people though! Especially the Troll Witch. I also see a 'paladin'. Anyways, if I'm ever on my pirate pad and you want to drop by and see what's up with it (my character's on there) I'll put the links here. I've got a 'lot' of stuff on it, I won't mind showing but don't judge. Most of it is a work in progress.

https://www.piratepad.ca/p/WritingCorner

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MegaCheeseyMonkey
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:06 pm

After some thought, I've decided I'll be coming back, at least with Ephraim. I'm also considering a character on the side of the Queen and such, since we don't seem to have that many volunteers for "villain"-dom. I'm thinking a witch-hunter/assassin type.

Also, Guy, do you happen to have a way to access Eph's character sheet? Because I'm silly and can no longer edit it, and redoing the whole thing would be... arduous.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 11 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ezarael on Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:15 pm

I would've volunteered for a most dastardly villain . . . but I didn't realize there was an actual plot revolving around overthrowing the Messiah Queen until a few days ago >.>
Isn't it strange how Decidedly we
will chasE such an iNdefinable concept
That cannot truly descrIbe us no
maTter how hard we trY?
-Insert Credit Here

Ezarael
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:10 pm

In an effort to try and be as helpful as possible, Guy, if you go to Eph's character sheet, you should be able to edit it with your amazin' GM powers, and from there, just copy the code for everything and send it along to her [coded] so she can keep the formatting and everything.

For ol' Tally sir here, I think I'm leaning toward making my Ranger. (I blame Ez. Hi Ez!) It'll be a while before I actually get her sent in completed, unfortunately. Suddenly vacation and all that, so I'll be working on her during the lulls of activity. She'll be a youngster at 18, socially awkward in all the ways that Eph isn't, and so immensely lonely that she talks to everything. Also, Father's a Elder Ranger, so there's pressure of having something expected from her.

I'm thinking Rose Leslie/Ygritte as a face claim. I have the details in mind... It's putting them to words that's holding me up.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 12 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:08 pm

YOU GUYS I MET GUILLERMO DEL TORRO, IN THE FLESH. I SAID HELLO TO HIM AND TOLD HIM I ADMIRE HIS WORK HE WAS SO HUMBLE ABOUT IT AAAHHHH cutie directors

SDCC is awesome this year.

I can see we've got some characters coming up, goody good. Tali I'm already getting a vibe from your ranger girl that I lOVE, I look forward to seeing her. I particularly love Rosie Leslie.

Kuro I've sent you Eph's profile in code like Tali suggested and it's awesome to have you back onboard! aaaannnnd Yeah, we kinda do desperately need some villains over here.
(°□°)┻━┻
FUCK TABLES

That One Guy
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:27 pm

PS: it looks like i'm going to npc the messiah queen since it's likely that no one's gonna want to take her

That One Guy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ezarael on Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:37 pm

In that case, can I try for a dastardly villain spot? :D

I know you showed some restraint in the application section about 2nd character's from unknown sources, but I do (maybe) have one person here that can (might) vouch for me being able to handle a second character.

I only ever do it for RPs I absolutely adore, and aside from my upcoming semester that threatens to kill me without writing on the side this looks like the only RP I have for the nonce. (The other one looks to be unfortunately bombing very quickly).

To further back my case I add this as completely irrelevant evidence.

Ezarael
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:05 pm

At the moment I'm considering making a witch hunter or some sort of follower for the Messiah, but if you let me change a few things on the profile I could take the Messiah. Really the only thing keeping me from it is a lack of any input in her creation and my hesitation to take a character that is just so massively naive and uninvolved that she didn't notice a war going on. Not to mention I'm iffy about the fact that apparently none of her devoted followers bothered to even talk about the whole violent thing with her.

Oh, and hi. Sorry I didn't show up for the first one; was taking a break when you sent the message, which is sad because I would have liked to take part in the world building.

Lifecharacter
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:50 pm

If this is your only rp Ez yeah go for it I suppose. In this rp I think Villain characters might not always be active or having something to do so I don't think that'll be too harsh.

Lifecharacter: All will be made clear soon enough, so long as you are devout in your prayers Lifecharacter, let the mercy of Aule wash over you.

As for our Messiah's followers (from before she became queen), actually they all became her very first inquisitors, as they were the foremost authority on Aule's mercy besides herself. They went on to conquer and flush out heretics, that is why they wear red where they used to wear white. They are religion turned combatant, in order to ensure the spread of the religion. The greater good, so to speak. The induction to becoming an Inquisitor is to be burned alive in the temple and resurrected by our Messiah Queen.

I actually fleshed her out a lot in my head the first time around for this rp, and had planned interactions for her, I'm not sure any other rendition would please me exactly. I think it's just best if I take her. This is her profile that I had planned to hand over to anyone who wanted to take her up, along with a lot more explanation as to why she's doing what she's doing and is very hands off, they just had to complete it the profile and speak with me enough to get a good grasp. I'll be filling it out tho. So y'all are just gonna have to read her posts and find out!

That One Guy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:56 pm

ps: not too late to get involved with Baekoth actually, there's still stuff you can flesh out if you like if you're interested Lifecharacter. We do need villains so I encourage that, particularly ones closer to the Messiah Queen.

That One Guy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:01 pm

I can post three times in a row if I want to it's my thread god damnit. KINDA disappoint that I got like, NO ONE interested in playing a slave, tbh I thought ppl would find those roles exciting GUESS NOT. Tiberius and Iphi will just have to party on their own for a while I guess. But right now we need villains more than anything so calling all believers in Aule~ right this way toward salvation----->

That One Guy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ezarael on Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:15 pm

You called?

Oh jeebus that didn't work out as intended.

Ezarael
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:24 pm

Yes hello true believer just a few blocks down towards fourth street the temple is huge you can't miss it just go right in you'll be welcomed and may Aule's Mercy wash over you.

That One Guy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:24 pm

I understand that her followers became Inquisitors, just that that doesn't really explain why none of them thought about talking to the Great Holiness about the whole "war" thing. It seems like something someone might bring up every now and then during prayer.

And since I'm not getting to be the anti-Christ (how dare you deny me!), I guess I'll just go with the two ideas I was considering before. One's pretty much a paladin for the Queen. The other's a Xenomorph, if Xenomorphs had more higher brain functions, normal blood, tore the heads off of witches to use as a means of communication with other races, and were really downtrodden Native American archetypes looking for help. That one might need some GM approval though. Regardless, "villainy."

And while fleshing things out is nice, that's very limited world building. You've already got the one true god, Jesus, Satan, general cosmology, the major races, their religions and general idea of culture, and the standard vague system of magic. Not much for me to add and it's best to avoid throwing one's cook into another's broth. I also doubt he'd appreciate me throwing him into someone's broth like that; he's very high maintenance.

Lifecharacter
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:04 am

YOU'RE REALLY HIGH MAINTENANCE i swear
You know that's kind of outdated information now that I look at it, as we've established that Messiah lady goes out onto the battlefield and resurrects the fallen. I gotta go change that. Will do right away, it should be noted however that most of the political ongoings and stuff to do with the war she isn't told about at all and doesn't much care. The tactical and decision making parts of the war is up to the noble in charge and his generals, the inquisitors come in after the territory is won and lead the people into salvation/burn heretics alive. Just to let you all know that's the sum of what the change I'm making is going to say~

Does that explanation make things clearer? IDK if that all made enough sense but the point is there's a difference between the literal combatants of the war and the spiritual Inquisitors who battle the populace's hearts and minds. The two don't necessarily have much to do with one another other than the order in which they come into territory.

You want to bring Aliens into this High Fantasy rp...
I mean we're open to a lot of things but I think that might be a little TOO out there for this rp

PS: the native american archetypes are actually really well off in this rp, they chillin over in acacia in they trees and dirt

That One Guy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:07 am

Oh fuck me I can no longer edit the religion's directory.
-inner panicking- Can Admins help with this?????? Can they make posts editable?????? DOES ANYONE KNOW?????

That One Guy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:03 am

Oh yeah... About that. After a set amount of time, peons like us are unable to edit posts made in threads like these. The only posts that we can edit indefinitely are the ones made in the RP tab and the character sheets. Mods and admins can do whatever they want though, so there's that.

On another note, I realized that it's going to be hard to create my character when all of my Leslie images and such are on my hard drive. At home. About 400 miles away. And I had a lot-- some of them precropped. So. Yeah, I'm working with bare bones here, and it might be a while before she reaches the Tally Approved level.

Talisman
Member for 12 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:18 pm

I can help with that editing problem actually. Just send me whatever you want in the thread in a code box, with directions on what you want me to do, and I would be happy to take care of it for you.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 11 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odinson on Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:03 pm

Lifecharacter wrote:
And since I'm not getting to be the anti-Christ (how dare you deny me!), I guess I'll just go with the two ideas I was considering before. One's pretty much a paladin for the Queen. The other's a Xenomorph, if Xenomorphs had more higher brain functions, normal blood, tore the heads off of witches to use as a means of communication with other races, and were really downtrodden Native American archetypes looking for help. That one might need some GM approval though. Regardless, "villainy."

That One Guy wrote:
You want to bring Aliens into this High Fantasy rp...
I mean we're open to a lot of things but I think that might be a little TOO out there for this rp

PS: the native american archetypes are actually really well off in this rp, they chillin over in acacia in they trees and dirt

Um, yeah, Xenomorphs seem a tad extreme. That said I do like the idea of more monstrous creatures with a brain roaming around.

Odinson
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!