Announcements: Changes to Universe of the Week! » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » NaNoWriMo 2020 » A vacuum salesman in the Multiverse. » Being bored at work makes you do crazy things » Question here from the FNG » Recommendations of Reading material. » Do you "follow" characters to receive notifications? » My 2 Fav Poems! » Simple Vs. Detailed RPG Layouts » Warning About Communist-Inspired Upheaval and Revolution » The Best Sentence » Universe of the Month Nominations » The SCPF Wiki Project (not related to SCP Project in 2016) » What influences you as you write? And why? » Preventing Bitrot by Hosting Images on RPG » Interesting YouTube Videos » Xamoyan Bestiary »

Players Wanted: Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos » roleplayers wanted for shifters world. » The UCF- a (soon to be) group in the MV » Neothea: Phyrian Galaxy (Open) » Students Wanted: Arcane and Human alike » A Once Upon a Time Adventure. »

Season of Giving 2020

At the end of perhaps our craziest year yet, we choose to celebrate our writing family with that extra touch of gratitude. Tip your fellow authors for a chance to win 10,000 INK, with leaderboards updated daily.

Merry Christmas from RPG! 🎅

Baekoth: Revolution of the Heretical

Baekoth: Revolution of the Heretical

a part of “Baekoth: Revolution of the Heretical”, a fictional universe by That One Guy.

A literate high fantasy epic set in the originally created world of Baekoth

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Baekoth: Revolution of the Heretical”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Baekoth: Revolution of the Heretical

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:03 pm

I'm not sure how monstrous those creatures are going to be if a something that looks like a Xenomorph is too extreme. Regardless, I'll try to have my other guy up sometime in the next few days.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lifecharacter
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odinson on Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:57 pm

Odinson wrote:I've decided to add more lore before I submit my char. So expect that first sometime this weekend and then my char early next week.

So yeah...um...started with a general idea of what happened the past few hundred years, then started brainstorming an entire calendar along with new ideas of name places for the map meaning I have to make a sheet for those too. So instead of giving myself a deadline I'm just going to say: CONTENT PENDING.

Curse you brain, always over-complicating things and never satisfied.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Odinson
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:20 pm

edit:
@Tali: I am but a lowly rper and must cry for help to mods, luckily Kuro is a saint and has powers we can only guess at (on and off the site i mean).
And as usual Tali must outdo herself and blow our freaking minds with profiles and aesthetic, Rosie Leslie Ranger is worth the wait I'm feelin it.

@odinson: oh goodness, wanna give me a sneak peak via pm? Hmmmmmm? *nudge nudge* pretty please??

@lifecharacter: Well there's stuff like the Kraken, Cthulu monsters, werewolves that are not aesthetically pretty (you know the kinds, the non-twilight kinds), earthen creatures that can fit in much better with a High Fantasy theme than something xenomorphic. Personally I find xenomorphic creatures to be a bit more silly looking and interesting looking than scary, I mean something coming at you is gonna be intimidating sure but something that is clearly earthen hits closer to home feelings-wise. The fact that it was a xenomorph would kinda be lost on the characters too, since no one's probably thinking about the existence of aliens. Their first instinct would just be that it was some weirdo pain in the ass creature they needed to kill.

Now I'm getting all these ideas in my head for a sci-fi-verse setting, shit. Man, just imagine a sci-fi feudalistic type ordeal thing oh man, SPACE MERCENARIES and SPACE KNIGHTS and LIGHTBLADES i need to stop i need to stop WHAT IF ALIEN MOUNTS THAT YOU RIDE OUT INTO SPACE WITH A SPACESUIT ON i need to stop
(°□°)┻━┻
FUCK TABLES

That One Guy
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:19 pm

I'm pretty sure Lovecraftian horrors are a bit more extreme than Xenomorphs. And they weren't going to be aliens, they were going to be semi-sapient creatures who were pushed into the Darkwood by the Daemons. Everyone thinking it's some creature they need to run from/kill, and him being skittish in response was going to be part of it.

Lifecharacter
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ezarael on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:33 pm

The Darkwood is becoming such a popular hangout spot for the kids these days, and here I was hoping for some nice R&R!
Isn't it strange how Decidedly we
will chasE such an iNdefinable concept
That cannot truly descrIbe us no
maTter how hard we trY?
-Insert Credit Here

Ezarael
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odinson on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:55 pm

That One Guy wrote:Now I'm getting all these ideas in my head for a sci-fi-verse setting, shit. Man, just imagine a sci-fi feudalistic type ordeal thing oh man, SPACE MERCENARIES and SPACE KNIGHTS and LIGHTBLADES i need to stop i need to stop WHAT IF ALIEN MOUNTS THAT YOU RIDE OUT INTO SPACE WITH A SPACESUIT ON i need to stop

Oohh shhit. I found my hobby for next month.
Last edited by Odinson on Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Odinson
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:25 am

STOP THAT.

I have an unhealthy love of space-things. You guys. are fueling. my space-huuuunger.

Also, any sort of Lovecraftian theme that has any likeness to The Secret World (if I could somehow coerce any of you guys to play that oh my I'd fangirl-scream. It's lovely and has a brilliant RP community). Love that sort of horror-theme. Anyhow, I'm slowly shifting the sissy-pants Halfling and manly-lady over. I missed, creeped, waited eternally for this thing to arise again.

EDIT: Ila'ra is a sexy lady.
That is all.
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 11 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ezarael on Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Yonbi! Can't wait for Ila'ra and Signe to meet (if'n they ever do that is, I can only hope), she seems like such a doll and I'm sure they'll have a blast.

And omg, The Secret World looks amazing! :D Too bad my computer can't handle it D:

Ezarael
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:03 pm

I got a question. I want to make a second character with the ranger class. Is that allowed?

almostinsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:23 pm

Speaking of Rangers, I managed to get Evie's personality up, but the whole thing is a hard maybe. I might get home and decided, you know what? I didn't like how I did that, and rewrite it completely. Or I could edit it slightly. Or leave it alone. Probably not, somethings probably going to be fixed, undoubtedly, it's just depending on the berth of the fix.

I guess what I'm saying is a progress report. She's inching her way to technical completion, but I intend to play with her sheet like a kitten with yarn.

Now back to a different issue. Insane, if you do get a go ahead from Guy about your second Ranger character, want to say that they're cousins/uncle/aunt/niece/what-have-you, considering all Rangers are kin?
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 12 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:14 am

@Tali I'm good with that. :)

almostinsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:59 am

Ezarael wrote:Yonbi! Can't wait for Ila'ra and Signe to meet (if'n they ever do that is, I can only hope), she seems like such a doll and I'm sure they'll have a blast.

And omg, The Secret World looks amazing! :D Too bad my computer can't handle it D:

Oh gosh. I really hope that they do. To Signe, Ila'ra would definitely be a curiosity given that she's a magic-user and is in-tune with nature.

Er, is it weird that when I think of daemons, I imagine them knocking heads because of their horns? Ugh, I know. Weird.

IT IS SO GOOD. I gush about it was too much. Wish I could buy you a new PC just so that you could experience it. If you ever upgrade, put that on your list of things to put on it and then quickly usher me over. We can prance over zombie-bodies and cat-call Cthulhu.

TALI. Thank you for posting your character and slowly making progress because I was curious and wanted to see who you were talking about. Already looks lovely. Can't wait for the bits where she talks to her imaginary friends. Bahahha. I can already imagine Ila' talking to her plants, and Eve consulting her not-there friends, in the same area. Bond. Anyway, I like it so far.

Yonbibuns
Member for 11 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ezarael on Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:24 pm

Yonbibuns wrote:Er, is it weird that when I think of daemons, I imagine them knocking heads because of their horns? Ugh, I know. Weird.

Oh my jeebus, I'm not the only one who thought about them knocking heads?

Ezarael
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:01 pm

almostinsane & Talisman: All rangers are kin as in they all automatically trust and help one another no matter if they'd met before or not, a super pact between all rangers since they all stand for the same thing. I didn't mean kin literally but at the same time by all means you can make them actual kin if you guys want~ so that means yes, insane can have a second character

That One Guy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby White Hyena on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:39 pm

Hey, That One Guy.

I got your message, and unfortunatey, I can't send private messages yet. But! I have to say, you did a wonderful job of predicting EXACTLY where I was going with my character's roleplay scenario.

I wish that I could discuss this with you in private, but I will be allowed to PM eventually. Thanks again.
Gandhi once said that 'You must be the change that you wish to see in the world.' It is up to you to change the world how you wish to see it. But remember; as you change the world, the world changes you.

"No, I am not a good soldier! A soldier follows his orders. But a warrior.... a warrior follows his heart."

White Hyena
Member for 8 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:27 pm

@Guy Sweet. I will start working on him.

almostinsane
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:46 am

Just accepted a good few people, LOVE Eve i'm totes in love with her quirky do gooder self

i've started shipping a few characters together that I think would go well together forgive me

That One Guy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:06 pm

The resident catgirl Astrid is finally done! Guy, I kinda just went ahead and invented a species, as I'm sure you're aware, so if you want more information/specifics/need me to change anything, do let me know. I'm happy to adjust as needed.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 11 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:29 am

Everything looks good she's accepted!

What do you guys think about starting this thing on monday? Not to rush people who aren't done yet with second characters etc., You can just finish up while we post since we tend to take a little while anywho. Plus we gotta plan shit and pick a direction to go.

That One Guy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ezarael on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:55 am

I vote in favor of starting Monday for reasons. Chiefly I think it'll work around my upcoming move back to Chicago much more nicely than starting at a later dater. Can't say I wouldn't change my mind if someone has more pressing concerns.

Ezarael
Member for 10 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!