Announcements: Changes to Universe of the Week! » RPG: Season of Giving 2020 » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? » A question about 'hyperspace travel' and its use as a weapon » NaNoWriMo 2020 » A vacuum salesman in the Multiverse. » Being bored at work makes you do crazy things » Question here from the FNG » Recommendations of Reading material. » Do you "follow" characters to receive notifications? » My 2 Fav Poems! » Simple Vs. Detailed RPG Layouts » Warning About Communist-Inspired Upheaval and Revolution » The Best Sentence » Universe of the Month Nominations » The SCPF Wiki Project (not related to SCP Project in 2016) » What influences you as you write? And why? » Preventing Bitrot by Hosting Images on RPG » Interesting YouTube Videos » Xamoyan Bestiary »

Players Wanted: Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp » Avolair: Academy For The Supernatural [NEW][OPEN] » Calling for adventurers to explore Xamoyos » roleplayers wanted for shifters world. » The UCF- a (soon to be) group in the MV » Neothea: Phyrian Galaxy (Open) » Students Wanted: Arcane and Human alike » A Once Upon a Time Adventure. »

Season of Giving 2020

At the end of perhaps our craziest year yet, we choose to celebrate our writing family with that extra touch of gratitude. Tip your fellow authors for a chance to win 10,000 INK, with leaderboards updated daily.

Merry Christmas from RPG! 🎅

Baekoth: Revolution of the Heretical

a part of “Baekoth: Revolution of the Heretical”, a fictional universe by That One Guy.

A literate high fantasy epic set in the originally created world of Baekoth

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Baekoth: Revolution of the Heretical”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:40 am

ImageImage

H
E
R
E
T
I
C
A
L

This is the ooc, and let me make it clear that I do not want squabbling in my ooc, if there is a problem please come to me via messaging. Let us all be civil and make friends and play the game.

This is the reboot ooc and tab for this roleplay, people joined and left and some didn't show up after being accepted and then my computer crashed. It was a bit of a mess. Here goes take two.
(°□°)┻━┻
FUCK TABLES

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

That One Guy
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Baekoth: Revolution of the Heretical

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:26 pm

funny story: I just had a major freak out because my mind was on characters when i felt something wet on my head and I was like WHY IS MY HAIR WET

oh yeah

because i took a shower

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

That One Guy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:59 pm

I've never had a chance to use this gif and that's a tad dissapointing

That One Guy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ezarael on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:35 pm

It's so quiet in here D:

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Anyways, there's some hearts in case you're lonely! :D
Isn't it strange how Decidedly we
will chasE such an iNdefinable concept
That cannot truly descrIbe us no
maTter how hard we trY?
-Insert Credit Here

Ezarael
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MegaCheeseyMonkey on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:38 pm

Yo! I'm interested in this... and I have ideas for a Monk Character. I'll make my character sheet tomorrow when I can (hopefully) talk to some kind of admin (even hopefully getting in touch with One).

MegaCheeseyMonkey
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Something? on Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:22 am

Reboot.

REBOOT..

OH MY F*CKING GOD :D :D

Hi everyone :3

/excited.

Something?
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:25 pm

Oh God, yes! I've been looking for something like this! It's these type of roleplays that first interested in role-playing. I'll post soon to claim the type of character I want to make.

almostinsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:55 pm

Glad to see some new and old faces! I have confirmation on Yonbibuns still joining us yay!

That One Guy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:27 pm

Okay, I was wondering if I could reserve a knight who has been converted to Zethnezzerism, if possible by the Light Himself and a ranger with good relations with the elves.

I love the lore in this roleplay. :)

almostinsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:11 pm

Odinson came up with most of the lore he really does work magic here.

As far as reservations for characters go you guys those are relatively ineffectual because most of the roles don't have a limit on numbers. Your idea almostinsane is pretty darned good, go for it! Think of the politics of this place in terms of feudalism like in game of thrones, be sure you're clear on whether your character is a hedge knight or a knight that comes from a noble family. You're free to make up your own noble family if you wish, and pick a spot on the map within Dorelith that they reside in.

That One Guy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby White Hyena on Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:14 am

I'd love to join this little epic. That is, if it's still open, and accepting. The lore is rich, and the fantasy is exactly what I'm craving right now.

I'll be submitting a character within the next day - and I know that I'll be filling the role of a Rebel. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to improve my character over the next few days.
Gandhi once said that 'You must be the change that you wish to see in the world.' It is up to you to change the world how you wish to see it. But remember; as you change the world, the world changes you.

"No, I am not a good soldier! A soldier follows his orders. But a warrior.... a warrior follows his heart."

White Hyena
Member for 8 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:37 am

awesome! If you're going for a rebel then Signe is your leader, her profile is over in the roles section and yonbibuns should have her transferred to over here sometime soon

That One Guy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:37 am

Originally I was just going to tell you how much I'm enjoying reading through all of this content, but now I'm really thinking about joining this RP. It is so rare to find a real gem on this site and this gem shines brighter than any I've seen in a very long time. I'd be a fool to pass up the opportunity.

I do however, already have a commitment with another pretty expansive RP. I just want to let you know that if you did allow me to join, I might jump ship if doing both RPs becomes overwhelming. That being said, I'm highly interested. The real question is, given what I've told you, would you be interested in having me?
I'll start creating my character as soon as you reply.
Last edited by Mr_Doomed on Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I have wrestled with death. It is the most unexciting contest you can imagine. It takes place in an impalpable greyness, with nothing underfoot, with nothing around, without spectators, without clamour, without glory, without the great desire of victory, without the great fear of defeat, in a sickly atmosphere of tepid scepticism, without much belief in your own right, and still less in that of your adversary.”
― Joseph Conrad

Mr_Doomed
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby White Hyena on Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:29 pm

Seems that Roleplaygateway hates Google Chrome. I'll be posting still, although I have to break out Internet Explorer for it. Which is a shame, but I can't miss out on this epic.

White Hyena
Member for 8 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:54 pm

@ThatOneGuy Okay, I will take Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. He will be the knight Jaime Lannister always aspired to be.

As for his fief, I'm thinking of something along these lines:

Darkwood Keep, under the stewardship of the Vael family, is a minor but strategic fortress located where the two rivers of Dorelith meet. The fortress' main purpose is to keep watch over and launch expeditions into Darkwood as well as watch the rivers around it. The fief is sustained mainly through tolls at the river. The Vael family is well-respected for their honorable behavior and service in hunting evil throughout the realm. Their words, "Faith, Honor, Truth" continues to fit the members of this family no matter who may sit on the throne. However, where the previous Ser Vael had been convinced of the Messiah Queen's claims, his son, Ser Theo Vael has discovered a different truth and a great deception within his kingdom.

almostinsane
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ezarael on Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:06 pm

@almostinsane: Oooh yippee, if both our charry's work out then your fief and mission could prove rather interesting for the two of them. And to boot I'm not a million miles away from everybody :D

Ezarael
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:35 pm

@Ezarael Hm, I can include a certain speech while they're talking to each other, ""Burn them all, he said. Burn them in their homes. Burn them in their beds. Tell me, if your superior wanted you to murder men, women, and children by fire, would you do it? I killed the Inquisitor and his men and I cried out, asking if a true God would will this. And the true God answered."

xD

almostinsane
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That One Guy on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:26 pm

Mr Doomed: I'd rather not have someone join and be aware that they might have to ditch.

almostinsane: Which reminds me, here is our map planning ooc, which can also be found in the tab's ooc and link list sections. If you would be so good as to follow the instructions I can get your location on the official map! I think I should also draw up a place where you can view all of the noble families and their words/members. I'll get on it.

Ezarael: she's accepted! I love this planning going on between you and almostinsane you two keep at it, I love to see interaction and plans, just makes things a lot more fun and flowy~

That One Guy
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ezarael on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:38 pm

@almostinsane: Oh dear, I don't imagine she'll like that at all D: Considering she lives in the Darkwood we'll need to figure out what kind of interactions they've had (if any at all). I'll leave you to character creation, but I'd like to know more about those expeditions when you get a chance. :p

@That One Guy: Yay, I can't wait to meet everyone else and see what possibilities are to be had!

Ezarael
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odinson on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:41 pm

Welp, this is certainly a pleasant surprise.

Odinson
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!