Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters » What latest tech excites me? »

Players Wanted: A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D » mahou shoujo rp »

My Ban From Chat

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

My Ban From Chat

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ivar the Boneless on Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:30 pm

Just got a 24 hour ban from OOC chat by the Game Master for some bullshit, so I took screenshots lol. They are trying to say it's because I made comments which targeted race. So basically they tried to say that I made some racist comments. This, however, is not true. I was making jokes sharing Meme quotes I got on social media, and I was targeting martial arts. In a joking manner. But whatever. I've seen people in OOC chat say worse things and nobody cared. So the reason I was banned is racist, if anything, or even more personal perhaps. In any case, I am not racist. I don't really care, either. I'm just showing how petty OOC can be sometimes. More of a complaint than anything lol.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ivar the Boneless
Member for 1 years
Visual Appeal Lifegiver Author Person of Interest Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings

Re: WARNING: Explicit Content Within!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shentino on Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:42 pm

Ivar the Boneless wrote:Just got a 24 hour ban from OOC chat by the Game Master for some bullshit, so I took screenshots lol. They are trying to say it's because I made comments which targeted race. So basically they tried to say that I made some racist comments. This, however, is not true. I was making jokes sharing Meme quotes I got on social media, and I was targeting martial arts. In a joking manner. But whatever. I've seen people in OOC chat say worse things and nobody cared. So the reason I was banned is racist, if anything, or even more personal perhaps. In any case, I am not racist. I don't really care, either. I'm just showing how petty OOC can be sometimes. More of a complaint than anything lol.

I double checked the conversation in question and I decided that 24 hours was too much after realizing we were, indeed, mistaken about the context of some of your posts. Accordingly I made a motion to shorten your ban to 6 hours and another moderator seconded, with our apologies for the error.

That said, consensus is that "I'm black. Shut up N***** I'm more gangsta than you anyways" was still highly inappropriate so the ban isn't being completely removed, so please moderate your language in the future.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

shentino
Member for 2 years
Lifegiver Beta Tester Tipworthy Author World Builder Builder Bug Hunter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ivar the Boneless on Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:28 pm

shentino wrote:
Ivar the Boneless wrote:Just got a 24 hour ban from OOC chat by the Game Master for some bullshit, so I took screenshots lol. They are trying to say it's because I made comments which targeted race. So basically they tried to say that I made some racist comments. This, however, is not true. I was making jokes sharing Meme quotes I got on social media, and I was targeting martial arts. In a joking manner. But whatever. I've seen people in OOC chat say worse things and nobody cared. So the reason I was banned is racist, if anything, or even more personal perhaps. In any case, I am not racist. I don't really care, either. I'm just showing how petty OOC can be sometimes. More of a complaint than anything lol.

I double checked the conversation in question and I decided that 24 hours was too much after realizing we were, indeed, mistaken about the context of some of your posts. Accordingly I made a motion to shorten your ban to 6 hours and another moderator seconded, with our apologies for the error.

That said, consensus is that "I'm black. Shut up N***** I'm more gangsta than you anyways" was still highly inappropriate so the ban isn't being completely removed, so please moderate your language in the future.

Okay first of all, I never received an apology from anyone, so that never happened. Don't know where y'all get your facts from. Also we're going on day 3 now I think of said 24-hour mute. So yeah. Mod fuckery at its finest. I also have screenshots to prove it, so nobody can deny it. Birds of a feather flock together and this site's Staff, especially your Mods and Admins are up to no good. So I'm not going to retract any of my previous statements. Especially when I have the evidence to support it lol.

Also, since my last complaint, I've also noticed that someone (again probably a mod) has been tampering with my account. Just know that I'm aware of it. I somehow went from 14800 words in 15 posts to only about 13000 words in 21 posts. I noticed that some of my IC posts have been edited or possibly deleted, for reasons unknown. Also I invited some new people to join the site so I could possibly earn a star. One person accepted, but later left the site or got banned, for the same mod shenanigans. Just to let you know, they are SUPER pissed off lol. This site is now being flamed on other sites as a result. Me personally, I don't really care, but it just goes to show how much fuckery is actually taking place behind the scenes. I'm not the only one who notices, apparently.

Anyways, it is what it is. I never got any compensation, needless to say. Just more mod fuckery as usual. Just letting it be known, so nobody can deny it. Since my last post, I have still not been unmuted. I have still not received any apology from anyone at all, and I have still not been informed as to why people keep tampering with my posts. You can not pull shenanigans and not expect the same. Hypocrisy is a huge problem on this site. I have personally seen Staff on this site with multiple accounts, ban others for having multiple accounts. I have seen Mods swear, then ban others for swearing. I have watched the Admin(s) team up against certain individuals, while showing favoritism to others. It is a fact that is undeniable. I have proof of it. Others have seen it happen as well. So nobody can deny it. There is no conspiracy when it's happening blatantly for all to see.

But I've also noticed the sudden change of behavior as well, especially in chat. I guess the Mods don't want to have any more screenshots taken without their knowledge, which might incriminate them. Because you know, they hate it when I'm right. They'd rather make a troll and a liar out of me if they can. Which is fine, I don't really care. But don't expect me not to point out the obvious, when everyone is acting unaware like they don't have a clue what I'm talking about. None of you are as uninformed as you pretend to be.

Ivar the Boneless
Member for 1 years
Visual Appeal Lifegiver Author Person of Interest Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:46 pm

"Never attribute to malice what can be blamed on incompetence."

In your specific case of the 3 day mute, an investigation revealed that the ban was not properly lifted. It should be lifted from the shoutbox now.

As a moderator team leader, my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lil_kreen on Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:52 pm

I went through the permissions for the various other channels myself and I don't see anything else leftover.

lil_kreen
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 6 years
Author Novelist Donated! Beta Tester Contributor Codeweaver Person of Interest Maiden Voyager Salesman Property Buyer Arc Warden Storyteller Historian Group Theory Lifegiver Tipworthy World Builder Builder Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shentino on Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:37 pm

I did specifically instruct the other moderators to lift your ban on schedule and I'm sorry there was a mistake.

Mind you I'm not very happy that we dropped the ball.

Also if you believe moderators or indeed any other staff are breaking rules themselves please report it to remaeus, dealingwithit, or lawoftheland.

Just because someone is staff does not exempt them from being required to follow the rules, and I actually received a reprimand of my own directly from Remaeus for a slip-up earlier.

The apology in question was offered by me as part of informing you, in this thread, that we made a mistake. I wasn't aware of any arrangements for other staff to apologize to you personally.

As far as the account tampering I'll have it looked into and you should follow up with remaeus on that as well.

shentino
Member for 2 years
Lifegiver Beta Tester Tipworthy Author World Builder Builder Bug Hunter Visual Appeal

Re: My Ban From Chat

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:07 pm

I've split these posts out from an only tangentially related thread into one of their own, this time in the Help forum — the debate taking place in the older thread shouldn't be interrupted by this kind of inquiry.

The vast majority of the confusion here is on my part, for not adequately integrating the current on-site chat with the soon-to-be replacement. As only a small fraction of active chatters still use the on-site chat we revoked the ban in the new chat, forgetting entirely about the mechanics of the old.

Sorry for any frustration or inconvenience, but I have now slated the new shoutbox to be deployed by the end of this month.

If there's still issues, I will happily take a look this week. Feel free to reply here if so, but otherwise will resume work and lock this thread after the new chat is deployed.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Remæus
Architect
Member for 16 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!