Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! »

Players Wanted: 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP »

Blast Beat

Band Discussion [Band 1]

a part of “Blast Beat”, a fictional universe by :Nagato:.

Two bands on the rise of a ruthless music scene, formerly competitors, are now forced to tour and work together against a backdrop of rivalries, romance, and changing relationships. How it goes and how it ends...that remains to be seen.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Blast Beat”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Band Discussion [Band 1]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby :Nagato: on Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:29 pm

Crappy internet is crappy -_- Accidentally posted this twice.

In that case this can be the area for discussion for [Band 1].
Last edited by :Nagato: on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

:Nagato:
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Band Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nykizta on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:14 pm

Hey guys. So... I'm noticing that we almost have a full band, and yet NOOOO clue about anything to do with our band.

Ideas?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nykizta
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby affliction on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:16 am

Possible idea:

Want to talk to me? Go on to TeamSpeak 2, and connect to the following server: 195.242.236.106:8394
You'll find me in my 'office' most likely, so feel free to give me a shove. ^^

affliction
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nykizta on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:32 am

Wow, did you make that? Or did ya find it?

Not sure about the name, but I could work with it. :)

Style ideas?

Nykizta
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby affliction on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:36 am

I made it. The person is an edited photo. But yeah, I can easily make logos and stuff. The name was just one that sprung to mind - we really don't have to roll with it if it's not everyone's cup of tea.

We are supposed to be a metal ban of some sort, right?

affliction
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby :Nagato: on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:48 am

I'm going to interject quickly (not to be all up in your grill band 1 :P)

But yes, it is supposed to be a metal band. Straight up heavy metal, thrash, doom, death, grindcore, s'long as it's metal. So no alternative-indie rock bands :P

Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nykizta on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:36 am

Well, I'd be up for essentially anything. I admit to a rather pathetic knowledge of metal, though I don't dislike it. Just very unlearned.

Also, wanted to throw in a side question, just to see how much lee-way we might have. Would something close to something, for example, Avenged Sevenfold, SOAD, or even maybe Korn be alright? Just trying to find something relatively familiar to me.

Nykizta
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby affliction on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:59 am

Nykizta wrote:Also, wanted to throw in a side question, just to see how much lee-way we might have. Would something close to something, for example, Avenged Sevenfold, SOAD, or even maybe Korn be alright? Just trying to find something relatively familiar to me.

I'm cool with that. I mean, we don't actually have to go and perform for crowds, so what does it matter?

Image Image

Not names I'm suggesting, but more to show styles for logos and stuff. xD
Last edited by affliction on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

affliction
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby :Nagato: on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:21 am

Just gonna post again really quick and ask if one of the guitarists is willing to make their character singer of their group as well. We need a singer for Band 1 and nobody seems to be willing to take the role.

Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nykizta on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:23 am

Affliction: I like the Point.Blank style, but let's wait for the other two members to pipe up before we decide anything. We need a name, too.

Nykizta
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby affliction on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:29 am

:Nagato: - If needed, I can take the singer role with same character. It just requires an extra bit of disclosure on the profile.

affliction
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby :Nagato: on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:30 am

That would be brilliant, affliction.

*gets out of Band 1's discussion thread*

Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby affliction on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:48 am

Idea for a name: The Instinct

affliction
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoftDusk on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:54 am

so i've discovered i like looking up/making up band names
so here are some that i kinda sorta like, probably not enough to name an actual band after them.
1. Forever for after
2. Poison Ivy
3.Misanthropy
4. Under the tide

SoftDusk
Member for 10 years

Re: [OOC] Band Discussion [Band 1]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nykizta on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:55 pm

Oooh, I like the logo and the name. I vote for The Instinct.

Nykizta
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoftDusk on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:16 pm

same :P

SoftDusk
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nykizta on Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:22 am

So, I'm answering affliction's question here in an attempt to semi-organize the Band threads, lol.

I'm a fan of Black and Red, maybe Black and Yellow. Not sure. Not sure what it'd look like. Suggestions?

Nykizta
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby affliction on Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:34 am

(*doesn't do suggestions.*)

affliction
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoftDusk on Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:20 am

:oo it looks so cool

SoftDusk
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!