Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Basic questions on character development

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Basic questions on character development

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:17 pm

I know this might kinda seem weird, but I'm asking exactly what the rules everyone wants to impliment on character development, before I start making my character real detailed.

Anyone want to tell me what they think they should be, seeing how I've seen no referance to it so far?

I'm thinking of making my character have dual identities, is there a major problem with that?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Warr
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Basic questions on character development

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:24 pm

Warrius wrote:I know this might kinda seem weird, but I'm asking exactly what the rules everyone wants to impliment on character development, before I start making my character real detailed.

Anyone want to tell me what they think they should be, seeing how I've seen no referance to it so far?

I'm thinking of making my character have dual identities, is there a major problem with that?

"The only limitation, padawan, is your imagination."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:57 pm

I would say, anything is allowable, so long as it doesn't give your character a definate advantage over other characters.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Re: Basic questions on character development

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:43 pm

Senor_Fun wrote:
Warrius wrote:I know this might kinda seem weird, but I'm asking exactly what the rules everyone wants to impliment on character development, before I start making my character real detailed.

"The only limitation, padawan, is your imagination."

Beleive me, I'm not your padawan... my senseis have a tendancy to become terribly wounded.

Oh, and I don't think a terrible advantage over everyone else would even be possible.

Warr
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:44 pm

Anything in the Gundam Wing universe is acceptable. Which means, no ki, magic, psionics... basically none of the things that make Master hardcore like that.

In order to use anything your character owns in a ranked battle, you need to have the stuff in your inventory that you use in the battle. You are free to have whatever you want, but if you want to be ranked in battle, don't use something you don't have.

If it isn't in the shops, and you think it should be, post it.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:46 pm

I think I did.

I'll go find it.

There are alot of items I think should be in the shops, but aren't.

Warr
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:48 pm

Warrius wrote:I think I did.

I'll go find it.

We've already gone over the food and water points, silly. :P

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:50 pm

Those aren't the only things I suggested.

And I know I'm silly.

Its redundant to repeat that to meh.

Warr
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:03 pm

Now that launch is over and done with, I should have time to approve and add items.

Also, if you can find good small images of the items in question, that would speed things up.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:11 pm

I'll try too.

I might make small images of them.

I dn't know yet.

Warr
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:51 pm

I'll go find it.

I'll be integrating a weapons shop soon. Firearms, blades, lots of things.

I'd also like to have a user shop with MMA-related things such as gloves, t-shirts, shorts, and other such useful things. (which, I think, should be able to be added to the character avatars)
Live in your world, get KOed in mine.

ImageImage

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melika on Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:16 pm

Teh Andy wrote:

I'll go find it.

I'll be integrating a weapons shop soon. Firearms, blades, lots of things.

I'd also like to have a user shop with MMA-related things such as gloves, t-shirts, shorts, and other such useful things. (which, I think, should be able to be added to the character avatars)

When do we get throwing knives? *maniacal laughter*
I've been shop happy and can't find any. :(

Melika
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:28 pm

Might i commend you on your choice of sidearm. The pistols you picked up are among my favorite.

As for melee weaponry, I have yet to get around to it. As soon as I have the time I will.

I know, I KNOW, everyone's saying "You have the time to type this! Get work! Chop-Chop!" but I'm about to take off for my girlfriend's place where work is out of the question. Maybe tomorrow after class. We'll see.

I've also got to help master make some character icons for various guns and other things yet too, not to mention the icons for the shop items that I didn't send him yet.

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melika on Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:32 am

Teh Andy wrote:Might i commend you on your choice of sidearm. The pistols you picked up are among my favorite.

As for melee weaponry, I have yet to get around to it. As soon as I have the time I will.

I know, I KNOW, everyone's saying "You have the time to type this! Get work! Chop-Chop!" but I'm about to take off for my girlfriend's place where work is out of the question. Maybe tomorrow after class. We'll see.

I've also got to help master make some character icons for various guns and other things yet too, not to mention the icons for the shop items that I didn't send him yet.

I have a talent when it comes to destruction. ^_~

I know you're busy, I'm being patient. Can't wait to see them in their holsters on my character though, lol. Which of course means I can wait but at the same time am very excited. :P

And as I've already complained to Master- we need some nice Obi to buy for our kimono. :?

Melika
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:53 am

There you go, Mel. Nice Obi made especially for you! xD <_<; If you don't like it, you could always send me some designs you want? That, or if I suck completely, kick me-- I mean, kick Andrew in the shin.

Aarkon
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melika on Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:13 am

I LOVE it, and it goes with red, lol. :D
Thank you. ^_^ *hugs*

You can be sure I'm buying one. :)

Melika
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:27 am

=D w00t!

Aarkon
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melika on Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:28 am

I'd buy a white one too to wear when the mood comes to me. ^_~ And then other colours for all my kimono, lol. *has now become a shopaholic but only on gwing* And I think the little design on it rocks!

Melika
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:48 am

Aarkon
Member for 19 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!