Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

DW: Battle of Chi Bi

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

DW: Battle of Chi Bi

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dak'nahlan J'novi on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:27 am

This land that we've made for ourselves is one of chaos. The struggle for control of the country of China has brought not only honor to soldiers... but difficult choices. How far will a man go to rule the world?

Yes. Yes I'm doing one of these. I understand that it has been done in the past and I can see why it hasn't started off so great. Due to lack of committed players and unthoughtful planning, an RP like this hasn't even gotten out of the gate. Now, yes, many Dynasty Warrior RPs do exist, but I have been struggling to find one that is still open for business. So I decided to think up one of my own. Hopefully I will get people to join me.

~~WARNING: LORE UP AHEAD. IF YOU KNOW WHAT DYNASTY WARRIORS IS, PLEASE PROCEED PAST THIS ESSAY.~~
---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dynasty Warriors" is extremely loosely based on the classic historical novel, Romance of the Three Kingdoms. The game itself is very excessively exaggerated and anime-inspired so it's about as accurate as the movie "Braveheart" [meaning, not really accurate at all!]. The battles are based on real events, except for the hypothetical story arcs that can take place if you choose a certain warrior in the game.

The Three Kingdoms era refers to a historical period in China that lasted from 220~280 AD. It ended the Han Dynasty and separated the land into civil conflict. Out of the warring regional lords, three of them eventually gained enough power to claim themselves as the emperors of the land.

The kingdom of Shu Han, led by the Liu family (Liu Bei's branch)
The kingdom of Cao Wei, led by the Cao family
The kingdom of Eastern Wu, led by the Sun family

Technically, neither of them ruled any sort of kingdom since their lands were actually individual empires. However, the term "kingdoms" has been popularized in several translations. In Romance of the Three Kingdoms, the concept was devised by Zhuge Liang on Liu Bei's third visit but this is not the case in history. Historical records suggest that Zhou Yu and Lu Su devised the concept of two kingdoms.

Shu

Shu, also known as Shu Han, is one of the three influential kingdoms in the Dynasty Warriors, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Dynasty Tactics series, and Kessen II. In the Dynasty Warriors franchise, the kingdom is symbolized by the color green and a Chinese dragon as a reference to Qinglong. Shu is sometimes symbolized by peach blossoms, a reference to the Peach Garden Oath.

Shu was ruled by Liu Bei, who, along with his sworn brothers Guan Yu and Zhang Fei, spent most of his life in exile wandering from lord to lord to escape Cao Cao, until finally seizing the lands of Shu from his cousin Liu Zhang to establish his kingdom. Shu was also comprised of Hanzhong and Jingzhou. Jing was subsequently conquered by Wu in 219 A.D. In 263 A.D after years of war between Shu and Wei, the Kingdom of Shu Han fell.

The cause of Shu's fall has been debated often over the years. Some attribute it to Jiang Wei's foolishness and political corruption, and some attribute it to Shu's poor lands, which were mountainous and rugged.

Liu Bei is portrayed in a similar manner as his novel counterpart. He is a virtuous and benevolent man who wants to restore peace in the land. He is normally polite and modest to anyone he meets. Empathetic with the common folk, he easily gains the people's trust and support. This particular trait makes him a feared adversary to his enemy Cao Cao.

Though he has earned the respect of many subjects, Liu Bei often doubts his own abilities as a ruler and warrior. He is prone to angst and doubt if there are too many deaths on either side of the field. He sometimes lacks emotional restraint as he will lose his temperament and sound judgment if his younger brothers are routed or killed. He thinks highly of his brothers and always addresses them by their style names in the Japanese script.

Wei

Wei, also known as Cao Wei, is the second of the three influential kingdoms in the Dynasty Warriors, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Dynasty Tactics series, and Kessen II. In Dynasty Warriors, the country is symbolized by the color blue and a Chinese phoenix. In Kessen II, their army is symbolized by the color red.

The Kingdom of Wei was created by Cao Cao. He was given the title Duke of Wei in 213 AD. His power continued to grow until, in 216 AD, Cao Cao was crowned King of Wei. In 220 AD Cao Cao passed away and left his holding to his son Cao Pi, who, in turn, disposed of the young Han Emperor and created the Wei Dynasty. Over the years the Sima family slowly gained more and more control of the Wei Dynasty. Eventually, Sima Yan, the grandson of Sima Yi, took over and created the Jin Dynasty in 265 AD.

Cao Cao is seen as a cunning yet feared man. Relentless in his desire to end the land's chaos, he will use any means to achieve his plans, even if it makes him an enemy to the other kingdoms. Fuelled by his ambition to rule the land, he believes his rule to be predestined and is undeterred when Shu or Wu call him a traitor to the Han Empire. However, he also has a fierce temper and will often scold his men's incompetence if the battle goes badly for him.
Caring little about status or olden traditions, he judges men solely based on their achievements and skill (often referring to his skilled officers as "talent"). Belying his bad reputation, he treasures his retainers and will treat them with generosity. He's particularly close to Xiahou Dun, as they seem to instinctively understand one another. Cao Cao also treats Dian Wei as a bodyguard and trusted right hand, and permits him to ride in his carriage during their journeys (a privilege that only Xiahou Dun shares). Guo Jia acts as Cao Cao's most trusted tactical adviser and the two are implied to share drinks frequently. Many of his retainers admire his integrity and swear to never abandon him. He respects his son and is confident that Cao Pi will one day be his able successor.

Wu

Wu, also known as Sun Wu or Eastern Wu, is the third of the three influential kingdoms in Dynasty Warriors, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Dynasty Tactics, and Kessen II. In Dynasty Warriors and their other appearances, the country is symbolized by the color red or a tiger. In Kessen II and early Romance of the Three Kingdoms titles, they are symbolized by the color blue.

The kingdom's territory was originally ruled by different governors in the south. They were conquered by the smaller Sun family. Thanks to the influence of the Four Families of Wu, the Sun family was able to establish their rule.

Sun Quan is a proud and venerable ruler who dearly treasures his lineage. Contrary to his hot-headed brother, he is a patient, collected, and diligent individual. He is the strictest of the three leaders within his family, as he cannot forgive betrayals or excessive disobedience as easily as his family members. To protect his family's future, he strives to only take calculated risks and bides his time for his home's wars. Though known for his no-nonsense attitude, he softens with his generals and treats them with sincere respect. He also turns into quite the party man whilst drinking at banquets, though it's not known if he can hold his liquor very well, as Zhou Tai could outdrink him. In the Asian script, he talks in a formal archaic tone.
Dynasty Warriors 7 depicts Sun Quan as a man who couldn't help but watch his father and brother. After their deaths, he initially doubts himself as the leader of Wu (even suggesting Zhou Yu to lead the army at one point), knowing that he could not be like his father and brother. Lianshi, among other characters, constantly remind him that his awareness of his own weakness is his true strength. This eventually rekindles his spirit so he can become a capable leader. He is also more compassionate and emotional than previous titles, his strict and tact composure is mostly absent throughout this game's story.

Here is a map of the three kingdoms for reference (I know the Colors aren't accurate... bear with me ;_;) :

---------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY!!!

You made it passed the essay. Good job! If you're one of those people who already know what Dynasty Warriors is well... Good for you anyway! Here I will give specific details on roles I will need for the RP. I will list these roles now.

Allied Forces:
Sun Quan (Leader, main weapon: Tiger Sword {Serrated}. Purpose: Defend Main Base)
Zhou Yu (Strategist, main weapon: Staff. Purpose: Defend Zhuge Liang)
Sun Shangxiang (Warrior, main weapon: Battle Hoops/Ring Blades. Purpose: Attack Front Enemy Lines)
Zhuge Liang (Strategist, main weapon: War Fan. Purpose: Promote Fire Attack)
Liu Bei (Leader, main weapon: Dual Blades/Two Swords. Purpose: Defend Main Base)
Pang Tong (Elder, main weapon: Shadow Fan. Purpose: Promote Fire Attack)
Taishi Ci (Warrior, main weapon: Clubs. Purpose: Defend Huang Gai)
Huang Gai (Warrior, main weapon: Arm Blade. Purpose: Conduct Fire Attack)
Ding Feng (Warrior, main weapon: Large Chakram. Purpose: Attack Front Enemy Lines)
Lu Su (Apprentice of Zhou Yu/Warrior, main weapon: Rake. Purpose: Defend Pang Tong)
Han Dang (Warrior, main weapon: Short Pike. Purpose: Attack Front Enemy Lines)

The Battle of Chibi is a fight based specifically around the invasion of Cao Cao forces and the fire attack that Huang Gai has planned and ready through orders of Zhou Yu. The only reason why I don't have any roles within the Wei Forces is because they are meant to lose. Sorry, but I don't want anyone getting mad as long as the RP isn't over.

SO! Here's how things need to go down. If you are choosing the roles of Sun Quan, Huang Gai, Pang Tong, Zhuge Liang or Liu Bei, you NEED to be able to post at least once every other day, especially if you're Sun Quan or Liu Bei. (Side Note: If you die as the leader, THE RP IS OVER, and at that point victory goes to Wei. DON'T SCREW UP!!) I'm sorry if that is a burden on you, but that's the way it has to be.The other roles that I haven't mentioned yet can be lived without.

Map of Chibi:

This map is important. Refer to me where you character will be going in by cardinal direction (North, South, East, or West).

Besides that, I think that's it! On the page I will be creating VERY soon, there will be character descriptions there. If you would like to know their descriptions sooner, feel free to contact me through this! I hope that you will join me in this battle for glory! See you there.
Dak'nahlan

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dak'nahlan J'novi
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!