Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Battle Of The Bands

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Battle Of The Bands

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Sun May 04, 2008 12:18 pm

It's been a while since I've posted indeed... Anyway, seeing as lately I've been obsessed with music (Joining a band!), I decided this would be a good note (No pun intended) to start back in on. Anyway, this RP would take place over the weeks leading up to the first Paducah Battle Of The Bands and perhaps any competitions after that. Hell, maybe the bands will get signed? We'll see where it goes.

Anyway, I would like to keep the number of player bands to three and the number of players is limited to the personnel of said bands. So, assuming an average of four to a band, about 12 people would be allowed. One or two characters per person please.

The bands can be any rock genre. Prog (Ex. Rush), Thrash (Megadeth or Metallica), Death Metal (Dethklok), Alternative (Soundgarden), Rap Metal (Rage Against The Machine), Punk (Sex Pistols), Grunge (Nirvana)... Just for the love of God, no emo or pop. Basically, keep it quality.

I CANNOT EMPHASIZE THIS ENOUGH: DON'T CLUTTER THE THREAD WITH PROFILES. PM THEM TO ME FOR APPROVAL.

As far as the actual competition goes, I'll decide who the winner is, but it won't be my band (Out of fairness).

Character Sheet:
Name:
Player:
Personality:
Instrument:
Favorite Genre:
Favorite Band:
Band:
Biography (Nothing too fancy. I know a lot of kid's lives are pretty dull until they join a band):

BAND ROSTER
Kings- Prog/Metal
Amarth Svardet - Death Metal/Viking Metal

Character Roster

Name: Michael Nikolaos
Player: HorusTheHeretic
Appearance: Tall and wiry, with long brown hair perpetually tied back in a ponytail. Sharp features and a distinctively Greek nose. Expressive brown eyes. Has a soul patch. Generally dresses in t-shirts with a jacket over them and plain blue jeans. Wears a gray wristband, circular sunglasses, studded belt, and sliver-colored watch.
Personality: Reflective and intelligent, Michael rarely speaks without thinking. He is utterly obsessed with music, but dabbles in many other arts as well, including drawing, painting, writing, etc. Michael is generally calm and cool, but he can be a little defensive when it comes to criticism. He has a voracious appetite and is almost good enough at First-Person Shooters to go professional.
Instrument: Bass And Vocals
Favorite Genre: Progressive Rock
Favorite Band: Rush
Band: Kings
Biography: A fairly typical life preceded Michael's interest in music. He grew up in a quiet town and lived comfortably, never quite poor, but never very far into middle-class. Exposed to classic rock at an early age (His mother played Alice Cooper for him while he was in the womb), he developed a taste for it and a loathing for rap, pop, and country at the same time. He saved up his money and bought a bass guitar, amp, and microphone when he turned thirteen and hasn't put it down since. He formed his first band, 4 Of Clubs, at fourteen years old. After 4 Of Clubs broke up Freshman year, he formed Kings with a few friends and they've gone on to become a major musical force in their home state, traveling in Michael's airbrushed VW Type 2 Van, affectionately dubbed "The Zeppelin".

Name: Rose "Thorn" Smythe
Player: fighter_rose_003
Appearance: Long blonde hair with streaks of purple in it, pale skin, tri-blue eyes hidden underneath prescription glasses. She wears cameoflage pants and a red tanktop underneath a small black jacket. Two studded belts wrap around her slender waist.
Personality: Calm, intelligent, and quite friendly. She loves music, most people would say that music is her only love, but she loves to write and hang with her friends and bandmembers, joking, and makes others laugh makes her feel good.
Instrument: Keyboard and vocals
Favorite Genre: Rock'n'Roll
Favorite Band: Metallica and Rush
Band: Kings
Biography: Growing up in a small town and living her entire life around music due to her father being a piano teacher and the music teacher at the middle school nearby, Rose fell in love with it. Her father bought her a keyboard when she was a little girl, taught her how to play, and she became very good quickly. Rose's father got the teaching job a few years ago and they moved next door to Michael. Finding a kindred spirit in the love of music, Rose became fast friends with Michael, becoming his keyboardist in Kings.

Name: Schyler Brinkley
Player: laststandingmailbox
Appearance: Standing at 6'2, Schyler has never been considered the "small" guy. He's got a medium-build, and keeps fit from hours of endless drumming. His shaggy brown hair just barley hits his ice-blue eyes. He pulls off the "scruffy" look as much as he can, not shaving for a few days at a time. Schy can usually be found wearing fitted jeans and an old fitted t-shirt he most likely found at a thrift store. On his feet are black and white checkered Vans. His lip is pierced on the left side, and he has a tattoo on his left shoulder reading "Love Your Brother".
Personality: Sarcastic as they come, Schyler turns a lot of people away initially with his sense of humor. However, he really is a nice guy around the right people.
Instrument: Drums
Favorite Genre: Progressive/Alternative
Favorite Band: The Doors
Band: Kings (?)
Biography: Schyler has done absolutely nothing in life considered worth while to him except play the drums. When he's not sleeping, eating, or working, he's playing drums. He dropped out of high school at 16 to pursue a music career, but hasn't had much luck so far. He's lived on his own since then, staying with random friends and family members until he turned 18 and was able to move out on his own, forgetting the life he left behind.

Name: John Hegg
Player: R'hllor coaster.
Appearance: 6 foot, heavy set (not fat) slightly dark blue jeans, folded at the bottom, biker boots (ankle high) a black shirt saying "Svardet". Past shoulder-length brown, light blonde, hair, with a good healthy strong beard.
Personality: John is all for the metal. He doesn't care if no one likes his music, he just plays, and he plays well. He's a happy guy, good drinking buddy, prone to have a jolly laugh here and there.
Instrument: Electric Guitar/vocals (sometimes)
Favorite Genre: Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Viking Metal.
Favorite Band:Amon Amarth, Black Label Society, Slayer, Brain Drill
Band: Doom Sword "Amarth Svardet"
Biography: John mostly stayed at home after highschool, maybe head to a friends house have a few beers, talk, veg out. Before Doom Sword was founded, his life was nothing but a big fat fest. Then one day, whilst discussing their hate for emo music, and hip hop, they decided to try and pick up an instrument, 18 year old John Heggs sold his car (Where would he drive it? Mall Norwegian town) and bought, and electric guitar, a bass, and an amp. His friends pitched in to buy the rest, and thus Amarth Svardet was formed. The band then decided to try there luck in America, the land of the kick ass, and the free. For most of the part there accents where overcome, and they where ready to rock.

Name: Gilan
Player: Ian
Appearance: brown hair, brown eyes, tall, 6'1", wears jeans and t-shirts almost ALWAYs unless forced to do otherwise.
Personality: Funny man, loves to joke around. REally, REALLY loves his music... and his guitar.
Instruments: Guitar/piano/vocals
Favorite Genre: Punk (Green day, Hawk Nelson, etc, etc)
Favorite Band: Relient K
Band: The Exiles
Biography: Hangs out playing games and doing nothing. Then in the summer rocks out at all the concerts he can get tickets to (I get to see 21 bands in concert this year!!!! I've already seen 5).
Last edited by HorusTheHeretic on Wed May 21, 2008 7:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
"It used to be that our elected officials were veterans of World War II, Vietnam, or the Civil Rights Movement. But with the election of Jesse Ventura in Minnesota and Arnold Schwarzenegger in California, I foresee a day when all our leaders will come from the movie Predator. Think about it. Governor Carl Weathers. No wait: Senator Predator. I bet he has some pretty interesting things to say about tort reform."
- Stephen Colbert

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Battle Of The Bands

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Tue May 13, 2008 4:31 pm

Okay, we'll start whenever we get a few more people.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby laststandingmailbox on Tue May 13, 2008 4:40 pm

Name: Schyler Brinkley
Player: laststandingmailbox
Appearance: Standing at 6'2, Schyler has never been considered the "small" guy. He's got a medium-build, and keeps fit from hours of endless drumming. His shaggy brown hair just barley hits his ice-blue eyes. He pulls off the "scruffy" look as much as he can, not shaving for a few days at a time. Schy can usually be found wearing fitted jeans and an old fitted t-shirt he most likely found at a thrift store. On his feet are black and white checkered Vans. His lip is pierced on the left side, and he has a tattoo on his left shoulder reading "Love Your Brother".
Personality: Sarcastic as they come, Schyler turns a lot of people away initially with his sense of humor. However, he really is a nice guy around the right people.
Favorite Genre: Progressive/Alternative
Favorite Band: The Doors
Band: Kings (?)
Biography: Schyler has done absolutely nothing in life considered worth while to him except play the drums. When he's not sleeping, eating, or working, he's playing drums. He dropped out of high school at 16 to pursue a music career, but hasn't had much luck so far. He's lived on his own since then, staying with random friends and family members until he turned 18 and was able to move out on his own, forgetting the life he left behind.
Dingy diner, dirty floor.
They say I know how to treat you.
Smoky air and a noisy door.
Promise you won't let me defeat you.

laststandingmailbox
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pantsmaster on Wed May 14, 2008 3:06 pm

Name: Meagtron
Player: Pantsmaster
Appearance:
Personality: Megatron likes to kick the face in of pesky heroic people.
Instrument: Bass
Favorite Genre: Ass kicking
Favorite Band: Star Brush
Band: Villains Anonymous
Biography: Megatron was sickened with the lack of evil metal bands so he deiced to make his own, Villains Anonymous!!

Name: Sean Connery
Player: pantsmaster
Appearance:
Personality: Sean loves scotch. Its his god, best friend and wing-man.
Instrument: Bagpipes
Favorite Genre: Polka
Favorite Band: none
Biography: Joining the group sounded like a good idea at the time. But also at that same time, he was drunk out of his mind and on E.

Name: Count Dracula
Player: me
Appearance:
Personality: Dracula is a born pimp.
Instrument: Vocal
Favorite Genre: Gothic
Favorite Band: Rednex
Biography: He just loves to rock....and drink blood of holy female virgin teens....but more importantly, to rock.

Name: Giacomo
Player: Timmy
Appearance:
Personality: Giacomo is the though guy of the band who likes to pick on people who are fat, or wear glasses. And he really likes to pick on fat people with glasses.
Favorite Genre: Classic
Favorite Band: Motoi Sakuraba
Biography: Giacomo got boarded of being a video game villain and started a new life as a rock star. He

Pantsmaster
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Wed May 14, 2008 6:56 pm

Your not serious.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pantsmaster on Wed May 14, 2008 7:09 pm

Yes I am. I wish to join this rp as the above band: Villains Anonymous

Pantsmaster
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Wed May 14, 2008 10:43 pm

Wow.... that's all I have to say to that......wow
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us." - Marianne Williamson
ImageImageImage

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Thu May 15, 2008 7:21 am

You realize this is a realistic RP, don't you?

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R'hllor coaster on Fri May 16, 2008 11:58 am

megatron would be an awesome bass player but...yah its not realistic, hey fighter rose is your character rose from mega tokyo?
No Under Svardet 'death by the sword'

R'hllor coaster
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Fri May 16, 2008 2:49 pm

Yeah, maybe you could use that band (which I like) for another RP.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Fri May 16, 2008 7:02 pm

No, Rose is my nickname everywhere I go....

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R'hllor coaster on Fri May 16, 2008 8:00 pm

i mean that picture of the character, is she from megatokyo? Hey is this a small time battle of the bands or a big time one?

R'hllor coaster
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Fri May 16, 2008 8:22 pm

I dunno it was just a random pic from photobucket....

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pantsmaster on Sun May 18, 2008 7:12 am

But it's the greatest band in the history of bands! Its got all the most godly of gods in bad. (Cept’ Giacomo; Since no one knows where he comes from, but he is a crazy villain that does not get enough spotlight time.) And in how many other rps could you get four people as amazing as this into a band? Besides, its not like their going to over shadow the other bands. Any who, I wont give you grief over it. Have a nice day and enjoy the rp.
Last edited by Pantsmaster on Wed May 21, 2008 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pantsmaster
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Sun May 18, 2008 9:48 pm

Kind of small time. Mostly a state-wide competition.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Wed May 21, 2008 7:17 am

I'll let one of you make the first post if you like. I can't think of how to start.

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R'hllor coaster on Sun May 25, 2008 2:18 am

someone post!!!!!!!! o.o

R'hllor coaster
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Sun May 25, 2008 2:33 pm

((Alright... umm I'll post something... so tell me to tweak it if ya want))

Standing outside her father's garage door, Thorn leaned against the frame, wearing her tight red tanktop, cameoflage pants, and the black jacket. She was waiting for everyone to show up so they could get practicing. Her thoughts were on the keyboard that sat in Michael's garage, waiting to be graced with her touch.

She let out a deep breath and looked around, shoving her hands into her pockets. A slow shake of her head and she pushed herself off the garage frame. Thorn slowly walked over the green grass of the front lawn, humming one of their songs as she walked. Once at Michael's door, she hopped up the step and knocked lightly, waiting for someone to answer.

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HorusTheHeretic on Sun May 25, 2008 8:58 pm

A sudden knock on the door broke Michael's rumbling trance. He looked up from the fretboard of his six-string bass.

"That'll be Thorn..." He said to himself and set the bass on his bed, still unmade even though it was well after noon. So what? He had better things to do than make his bed.

He opened up the front door and, sure enough, there stood his keyboard player, Rose Smythe, or "Thorn" as she was called. He stepped aside and gestured inside.

"Hi, Thorn. Come on in." He said. "How's it goin'?"

HorusTheHeretic
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby muketsu_bara on Sun May 25, 2008 10:00 pm

"It's going. How are you?" Thorn asked as she stepped in and looked around. She scratched her head lightly with her left hand, the other one hung at her side, playing an invisible keyboard. Her fingers dancing slightly to the tune stuck in her head. "Anyone else here or just us?"

muketsu_bara
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!