Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Because of You?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Because of You?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gentlemiss on Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:43 pm

Because of You by Kelly Clarkson

So I usually stay very far away from the typical "abusive past, depression, angst"-y stuff, but after listening to this song I really would love to do a 1x1 roleplay about it with someone. I have two slightly different paths it could go, depending on what you're comfortable with.

It could be a boyxboy, with my character having been abused by his father when he was young after coming out as gay, and then later on being abused by his boyfriend. He meets another boy when he's going to get a coffee during his lunch break and said boy becomes his friend, shows him you don't have to be afraid all the time and that you're allowed to be you and be special and whatever, and then later finds out about the abusive boyfriend...

Or it could be a girlxboy, with my character having been raised by a single parent, not abused but overall just alone most of her life. So when handsome boy comes around and charms her and whatnot, she falls in love easy and quick, and is too afraid she'll never have someone love her again so she sticks with the abusive guy. She meets another boy when she's going to get a coffee during her lunch break and said boy becomes her friend, shows her you don't have to be afraid all the time and that you're allowed to be you and be special and whatever, and then later finds out about the abusive boyfriend...

In either situation, my character isn't going to be your typical depressive, abused young adult. They'll be more the, optimistic, naive and admittedly kind of stupid type that is just desperate for attention and love and can't see that there's more out there than what they have. That said, your character will be playing a bit of a "eye-opener" role too, haha.

Now for about me, I'm online about 24/7, mirror-post usually (between 250-700 words, roughly), and live on the eastern coast (EST time). I reply fast most of the time, and slow sometimes (when I hit those rare writer blocks). I like to talk to the person I'm writing with, and sometimes you're going to have to bug me to get on to posting (I get lazy, I'm sorry D: ). But MOST of the time I'm pretty good. I'm an energetic, white haired, 4'9" boy that writes fast and strangely and loves correct spelling and grammar (though makes mistakes himself).

That's all! PM/AIM(bandgeekx96)/Post here if you might want to do something. ^_^
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Andrew Biersack owns my ❤
But Brendon Urie borrows it sometimes.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gentlemiss
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Because of You (1x1?)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:03 am

Definitely interesting. :D I don't mind doing either, though I'm interested in boyxboy perhaps? Though I'm not the best at playing boys, haha, but practice makes perfect, right? Anyways, I'm typically on all the time as well, at least the upcoming week and even with school I reply as fast as I can.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

tornadofan2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!