Biggest Nerd

a topic in RPGateway Idols, a part of the RPG forum.

The first ever Gateway Idol awards! Come nominate and vote!

Biggest Nerd

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:12 pm

Post nominations here for biggest nerd on Roleplay Gateway!

Nominations must be of the following form:

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Reason for Nomination:[/b]
[b]Examples/Additional Notes:[/b]

Remember: The nominee must have been a Gateway member for at least one month and must have at least 50 posts. Additionally, they must still be an active member and cannot have been banned or removed for some reason or another.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kouketsu
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Biggest Nerd

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kouketsu on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:15 pm

Username: Remaeus
Reason for Nomination: Aside from being the owner of the site and a cage fighter on the side, Eric manages to be quite possibly the biggest nerd you will ever meet. Yes, you read that right. He is so nerdy that even being a cage fighter, he still should win this. Constantly on the pulse of web 2.0 technology and serving up all sorts of new gadgets, sites, and services for us staff to look at and try out (Seriously, you guys have no idea. >_>) he really can't go a single day without technology in his life and also makes it a point to spend a good portion of his free time gaming, scripting, and coding.
Examples/Additional Notes: I repeat, he owns a successful roleplaying site, people. Enough said.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kouketsu
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yami-Dokuro on Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:34 pm

Username: Circ
Reason: Probably on the same level of nerdiness as Eric
Example: ...

Yami-Dokuro
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:17 am

I second Kou's nomination. Are we allowed to do that? o_o;
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:58 pm

Is it possible that I may nominate myself? If not then I'll change my nomination...

Username: Ottoman
Reason for Nomination: I'm probably one of the site's biggest historophiles, germanophiles, right winged facists, and aircraft fanatic. I'm an avid reenactor, I do Soviet, Roman, and plan on doing Austro-Hungarian.(I'll give you a cookie if you can figure out in what major war they were involved in.) I'm a Dune fanatic. I'm right winged, beleive righteously against gun-control, and a facist. To put it simple, If I ever became principle of a school, I would be Chairman Mao Zedong.
Duty now for the future!
Mr. Dickinson's little red book!
It is good to check out just one book!

Examples/Additional Notes: I own my own set of Roman armor and weaponry... I even know what each piece is named... XP Leather Balteus, Lorica Hamata, Mainz Gladius, Imperial Gallic A Helm, Leather Caligae, Auxilia Scutum, and a Pugio... I own every book in the Dune series, and the 1965 issue of the original. I own more video games and plastic model kits than I have room for. The first video game I ever played was Red Baron, when I was two. XP I've read Red Storm Rising three times, Dune the same number, the whole Krondor series(the Betreyal twice actually), The Once and Future King(really, how many fourteen year-olds do you know who've read that?) two of the Last of the Mohicans series(Deerslayer and Last of the Mohicans, and I made it to level 275 on Oblivion. o.0 My eyes hurt after that...

Ottoman
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tetrino on Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:05 pm

Username: Ryand-Smith
Reason for Nomination: Have you seen him in the chat? No matter what he does, he make some sort of anime-style allusion like 'BUILD UP' or summat like that. And he likes to use Gundams whenever people are chat-fighting. If that's not nerdy, I don't know what is.
Examples/Additional Notes: No offense, Ryan. :P
<Donny> Wow, who's this new Azrican fag?
<Alucroas> He's the man who typo'd African

Tetrino
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dovey on Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:40 pm

WOW, GREAT NOMINATION, YAMI. Let's do this right. xP

Username: Circ
Reason for Nomination: I don't know Circ very well, but from what I've gathered from his conversations and other peoples' conversations with him, despite his misleading dry wit and esoteric references that just make him sound wise, he is, in fact, a HUGE NERD, complete with bottomless pit of online comic-books knowledge and obscure youtube video trivia. I mean, HOT DAMN, when he gets going, sometimes you just have to smile and nod, minimize the chat window, and go watch Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
Examples/Additional Notes: He made me listen to a computer generated audiobook for some-Russian-writer's-name-I-can't-pronounce, of which he said, "For the first 15 minutes the computer voice is hilarious. And then you begin getting involved in the character. And don't even notice." WHAT?? Sorry, Circ, you're a nerd.
Love,
Dovelina Ophelia Vitriana Emmeline Yvesson IV

Dovey
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blue Zero on Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:43 pm

Username: Ryand-Smith
Reason for Nomination: OMG have you seen this kid when he is RPing...its horrible. Its like listening to Einstein explain how water reacts when it meets Sand...in every detail. I swear I've tried to stay away from all this kids RP's. I'll join one of them when I somehow manage to find a dictionary that has all of Ryand's Vocab in it. I mean who else cannot RP with out Super Weapons. Ask this kid about anything that is related to Gundam and he'll answer you. Not to mention about weapons...oh GOD never ask this kid about anything that revolves weapons, armor or technology PLEASE. It kills the chat!!
Examples/Additional Notes:One word explains it all....Technobabble

Blue Zero
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!