Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Biochemical Warfare!

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

Biochemical Warfare!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kessa Cirtos on Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:57 am

OOC: Hello all! I was thinking of ways for my character to enter into this RP when a thought came to mind. I don't know how developed the factions are yet or even if this would be a plausible situation, but what do you guys think of the threat of biochemical warfare? It could be something developed by a faction, or it could merely be a new strand of virus from space (heh) which suddenly has people up and suspicious about the other factions and pointing fingers once again!

If possible, it could be used as a type of conflict that, if given permission from the admins, could spread out some nice death on a very large scale. (That always brings mortality into the picture because death is a very natural thing in the real world, why not have some here?) It'd give a chance for those in the medical and military fields, add a bit of complexity to the site's SLs and just kind of throw a fork in the easy workings of people trying to get their stuff done. It could be Mother Nature's creation, it could be some stupid kid who blew up the wrong earthworm at the wrong time or it could've been your neighborhood, friendly factions trying to get an edge on territory and spyware once again.

I'm still reading through the threads, so feel free to correct me if you know better about this place and think I'm off on the wrong track. If all else fails though, I'm more than willing to take one for the team, conjure several NPC (not very important, but kinda minor PCs) and let them be kiled off if it'd mean starting something like the plague reborn. Besides, writing out a gory death has always been enjoyable and is a very effective way of venting stress! (Something I very much need... I may write a death anyhow! LOL)

I could explain a lot more about the potential of what I've attempted explaining that last few paragraphs, but it's around 4 in the morning for me, my brain's fried from math and I can barely type straight much less explain myself, but I didn't want to lose this spiffy idea to sleep-cleaning. I'll try to explain myself more thoroughly if I am able to tomorrow.

Please leave a comment if you are interested in this idea and think that it should be implemented further down the line or even soon! Please leave a comment if you think this idea is bogus and wish I'd go diarhea of the mouth elsewhere. Also please leave a comment if you hae ways to improve on my idea or advice to offer me.

-Shayna AKA Saku

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kessa Cirtos
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:20 am

I like the idea.

I'm going to be rewriting a couple things relating to the fundamentals on death, it should make things oh so much more flexible.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry wrote:If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:47 pm

GODWARS!

XD

I jest. Anyhow, I assume this is a slow-acting virus, due to your comment on giving medics and docs a chance? If so, and it's not a "Oh shit I've got the -- *DEAD*" type of thing, then I'm all for.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kessa Cirtos on Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:55 pm

LOL It can actually vary. I had nothing set in mind, just thought that if we started adding elements to complicate our character's lives, then we'd have some fun. ^^

It could give medics a chance in that aspect. So if we begin RPing this out as a slow-acting virus, then I guess it'll be that. Lol. There are tons of branches, but obviously the plague (whatever it is) will be enough to be considered an epidemic and also a threat.

Sure it could start out slow until doctors or the government notices the slow increase of deaths over the past year or something, but it could also be like BAM! Death of a city with the same symptoms, all cold-like until the last three phases in which they contract purple jelly for eyes and they begin to bleed from every orifice. Lol. If everyone's agreeable with the idea, I'll slowly begin to introduce the new threat, writing up a news story or something for you guys. [Ideas on symptoms are welcome! If nobody contributes, I'll come up with some kind of McNasty Virus that'll make Outbreak look child-friendly. Either way, I'm liking this idea... lol.]

If anyone else wants to help me on this or has any other ideas to contribute, post here or feel free to PM me. Somebody has to save the day... eventually. ^^

You might want to note that if you let your character become too intimate with the disease, there's always the chance that they could contract it. I dunno if this disease is contagious (I didn't plan on making it that way and unless anyone else wants it to be I'll keep it noncontagious), but if you're dealing with the sick like this...*Blinks.* Well, you should be aware of the risks involved.

Kessa Cirtos
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Claude Faile on Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:36 pm

I am very interested to hear more of the details that you haved worked out.

And I would be more than willing to add as much as I can to it, because it really interests me and I think my character, being a morbid power hungry fanatic would be very helpful in anyway possible.

I like the slow acting idea as a start, the many strands would ensure the evolution of the virus making it harder and hard to fight over time. Sounds wondersouly pleasant to me.

Claude Faile
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.