Bleach Death Stalker's Requiem

a topic in Anime & Manga, a part of the RPG forum.

For roleplay based around Japanese animations (anime) and comic books (manga).

Bleach Death Stalker's Requiem

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:05 am

A lone Soul Reaper enters the smashed remains of his apartment as the rain fell. 'Damn hollow.' he thought, recalling the day Nariko's nemesis killed him. And doing it during his wedding to Rangiku Matsumo just pissed him to no ends. Seeing his Zanpakutō still embedded at the center of his apartment. Closing his eyes while memories of that day replayed in his mind. He clenched his fist, forcing them back behind the wall of fire and ice. Grabbing his chained choker, he felt the wedding ring dig into his palm and settled a bit of the storm in his soul.

Taking several moments to recover his numbless, he shook his head. Narrowing his gaze, he released his grip and slipped on a black spiked gauntlet on his dominant hand. Reaching for the Zanpakutō, he felt it's reiatsu reconnect with his. 'So Ryukimaru and Solar Dragon Cleaver fused with my other Zanpakutōs to survive.' he mused as the combined Zanpakutō seeped into his soul. "Ryukikami." he said, jerking the Zanpakutō from it's place. With a practiced flourish he slid into the sheath on his lower back. Spinning on his heel, he went to the gaping hole and looked out over the cityscape. "Nagato, you will die for what you did to me." the Soul Reaper states coldly. Taking a deep breath he flash stepped towards the gate of the Soul Society.

Appoarching the gate, Daimyo Masters tugged on the mask from his shamanic teacher. 'What skills I lack as a Soul Reaper, the skills I gained as a shaman makes up for it.' he thought at gateway opened. Entering, he ignored the weird feeling that accompanied traveling through it. Emerging on the other side, Daimyo saw several Soul Reapers encircle him, Zanpakutōs drawn and aimed at him. 'They don't know me.' he thought, bringing his hands behind his head. Turning his gaze over them Daimyo snorted softly. "None of you have the skill or power to take me and win." he states coldly. Taking a step, he saw them back step and look at their leader. As they silently consulted, Daimyo glanced upward and sighed. 'Rangiku, do you still love me? Do you ever think of me?' he wondered. A russle of Shihakusho reached him, followed by the familiar pressure of his ancestor. "Hello Ashika. It's been a while." he said, adopting a parade rest stance. Letting his head drop forward he heard her gasp softly.
~
Ashika stood in shock, her surprise flashing across her eyes before recovering her composure. "I'll take it from here." she stated firmly. Watching the patrol leader begrudgingly lead his patrol away. Moving in front of her descendant, she noticed the shamanic mask. "You gained new skills?" Ashika inquired. "Only knew four offensive kido spells. So the shamanic powers gives me a more balanced skill set." 'I remember that. Guess I just never thought about it like that.' she mused. Sighing inwardly she watched Daimyo break his stance to stare right at her. "Follow me." Ashika states, flash stepping away.
~
"Yes ma'am." Daimyo replied to thin air. Falling in step with his ancestor, he felt his mind switch to autopilot. Going on reflex he followed her back to The 10th Division's headquarters. 'Crap.' Daimyo mused, hold his face neutral. Coming to a stop he saw The 10th Division's Soul Reapers go stalk still. The impromptu stare down lasted only a few seconds as something clashed to the floor. "Dai-kun?" Shutting his eyes at that voice he partially dreaded hearing again. Daimyo glanced over his shoulder to see Rangiku standing behind and to the side of him.

'Pain here I come.' he mused, watching a myriad of emotions raced across Rangiku's face. Not making a move as his own pain began to overcome the numbness he grown accustomed to, Daimyo from her gaze and stared at the floor in attempt to stem his tears. He wants no one to see. As it was his cross to bare, so he opted to bare it alone. Figuring that no one would understand his reasons.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Draruto
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Bleach Death Stalker's Requiem

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tellukka on Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:12 pm

Asami shook her friend Maki's hand outside the Squad 10 Barracks, fearing that a more intimate gesture would be seen as unprofessional. They'd taken some time for themselves that afternoon and had spent it catching up. She intended to return to the Squad 13 Barracks, wanting to catch a quick nap before her duties later in the day, but as she was turned to leave, she saw the body language of the reapers around her change. She looked up and paused for a moment, but only for a moment, before hurrying after the friend that she had just left. She had spotted Daimyo.
"Maki," she called, catching up to her and stopping by her side. A few of the Squad 10 reapers gave her sideways looks, but she was not stopped. She narrowed her eyes, wondering about Daimyo's mask. She had read about something like it, but couldn't quite remember the details off of the top of her head. She leaned in close to Maki's ear, intending to ask if she remembered, but stopped when she felt Maki's ridged shoulder under her hand.
"Asami, I don't blame you. You didn't know him well. But I think that's somehow--" Maki stopped when she saw Rangiku and heard her speak.
At that same moment, Asami realized who Daimyo was. "How?" Asami had known of Daimyo, hearing about him from time to time from Maki. "You said he was dead," Asami whisper, leaning in close to her ear, but not taking her eyes off of Daimyo and now Rangiku.
"He was dead," Maki insisted. "Don't turn it on me like I lied. You heard it from good sources too." She raised her thumb nail to her mouth and chewed on it. Carefully, she took a few steps forward, wanting to do anything to break the tension. "Lieutenant," she began, but Asami cut her off with a hand on her shoulder. Maki gave her a look, but didn't speak further. Still, she didn't step back.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tellukka
Member for 2 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:13 pm

Completely turning to face Rangiku, Daimyo managed to keep the tears from flowing. 'How hurt was she when found out that I was killed? How many tears did she shed because of me?' he wondered. Letting his gaze dance over her form, while remembering happier times, he sighed deeply. "Giku.." he started to say before being punched. Taking the blow solidly on his jaw while just stepping back to catch himself, Daimyo didn't retaliate. 'Had that coming, so that is the only free shot she's getting.' he mused. Words were not needed as he and Rangiku stared at each other. Thoughts passing between them rapidly.

"Didn't think Nagato would ambush me when I was heading to marry you." Daimyo said. Seeing the piercing glare that was aimed at him, he backed up. "Alright you made your point abundantly clear. I was stupid for not having back up." Daimyo added. Watching for another punch he readied himself for anything. Then a noise reached him, catching and spinning Rangiku around with his arm over her neck. Daimyo felt her struggle against his hold. "Rangiku, I gave you the first punch for free. But any after that will cost you. Do you really want that?" he whispers in Rangiku's ear.
~
"Lieutenant Matsumo, do you want the rest of the day off?" Rangiku nods in answer to Toshiro's question. "Okay. Then you have it. The rest of you can resume your duties and leave those two alone." Ashika heard Toshiro state as he left. As she watched her descendant and her friend continue their staring match. 'It shouldn't being like this for them. They should've been happily married and enjoying each other. Not locked in a emotionally painful contest.' she mused, moving next to two soul reapers across from Daimyo and Rangiku. 'How sad it is for them.'

Seeing Daimyo easily restraining Rangiku, Ashika wondered if they could get back to something close to what they before. 'Probably not, but a person can hope.' she mused.

*think you can play Rangiku?*

Draruto
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tellukka on Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:00 am

((At the very least, I can give it a shot! Do forgive me if I don't live up to your expectations.))

"Let go of me," Rangiku said, reaching up and pushing at Daimyo's arms. It was useless, she knew that, but she didn't care. "Let me go, you idiot!" A hard lump stuck in her throat and she fought to speak through it. "Please." The warmth of his arm against her neck felt surreal, like a dream. Part of her even felt detached from her body. She wanted to shake her head, to take a deep breath, but she couldn't. Her hands tightened on her lover's arm and she grit her teeth. Tears sparked in her eyes, but she blinked them back. Her eyebrows were so tense that they hurt.
After a few more arduous seconds, she let one of her hands drop to her side. "I won't hit you again, Dai-kun." She took as deep a breath as she could manage, then let it out in a sigh. Her hair had fallen into her eyes and the blonde strands tickled her face. She jerked her head sharply to shift them.

Asami quietly pulled Maki back from the proceedings. At the order, the two began to withdraw, but stopped when Ashika wandered over. Maki blinked once, then raised her nail to her mouth again. "Maybe he's not real," she offered. "Maybe we're all just...hallucinating." She didn't believe it for a moment, but she just wanted something to hold onto, and of all of her ideas, that was the most probable.
Asami gave her a sideways look. "Don't be silly," she said. "There's a better explanation." She clasped her hands behind her back, searching her mind for wherever she could find information on the subject. Of course, the easiest way would be to ask Daimyo himself, but that seemed inappropriate at the moment. She glanced at Ashika, wondering if she was as clueless as she was.

Tellukka
Member for 2 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:07 am

Releasing his hold on Rangiku, which wasn't that tight to begin with, Daimyo closed his eyes and sighed softly. "I..." he started but stopped. Reopening his eyes, Daimyo hooked his thumbs in belt loops. "Thought of you every moment since that day. Hoping that I could return to you when I was strong enough to handle whatever came my way." he states, hearing the gentleness in his tone. Looking over his shoulder, pass the milling reapers, Daimyo felt another pressure in the area. 'Who could it be?' he wondered. But decided to find out later, after this very arkward and confusing moment he's currently in.
~
Ashika also gave Maki a sideways glance, though she was tempted to slap the reaper's head for her suggestion. While wondering how he was returned to the living, figuring it involved a confusing story, she knew that he'll explain when he's ready. "Daim, you okay?" she inquired. "I will be, eventually." Nodding at his answer, Ashika went over to Daimyo and poked at the wedding ring on his chain choker. "Should I..." she started before trailing off. "It was all I had left from her after my death. Atleast all that was transmutable." Ashika rests a hand on his arm and squeezed softly.
~
Staring at his ancestor for a long moment, grateful for the understanding and not pushing him for an answer, Daimyo disenaged from Ashika as she called out to the other reapers, "Come on, lets give some space to breath. They don't need us to add to the confusion they already have." Tuning out any thing not associated with Rangiku, he reached up and cupped her cheek. "Sorry can't heal what was done or taken from us. I just hope you can take me back. Once we get to know each other again." he said, barely above a whisper.

Draruto
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tellukka on Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:13 pm

Rangiku stepped away a short distance, giving herself distance physically to think and breathe. Her eyes cast down, she heard the others talking, but didn't hear them. When she felt Daimyo's hand on her cheek, she sighed and listened. For a stretch, she said nothing. What could she say? Everything that came to mind seemed trite, inadequate, and this situation itself was entirely overwhelming.
Finally, she broke her silence. "I need time. I need to think." She fiddled with the chain around her neck, then looked up and smiled slightly. "But...I can forgive you. And I think that soon," she took his hand, "We might be able to start again."

Asami nodded. Her face a touch pink (she was uncomfortable being close to such a private scene), so she took the opportunity for escape gladly. With a gesture for Maki to follow, she headed to the street. Her mouth was set in a hard line. She laid her hand on the hilt of her zanpakutō, tracing the top with her thumb. There was work to be done.
Maki followed, thinking that she'd need a cup of sake while she mulled this over. As she walked, moving onto her other thumbnail because the first had been chewed off entirely, she noticed the out of place spiritual pressure. She frowned. Was that someone she should know? Or maybe this whole business had her on edge and it was nothing? She huffed out a breath. This was going to be a sleepless night, she could tell.

((I know the quality isn't as good as it good be. I'm feeling somewhat unwell today. Sorry!))

Tellukka
Member for 2 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:33 am

Nodding at that, which he understood, Daimyo pressed her hand against his heart for second. "Okay, that's all I needed to hear. There are things I need to do before I return the Human World. Might take a few days, will that be enough time for you?" he asked as his to do list scrolled in his head. 'The hopefully I'll have my bankai by then and can start hunting for the hollow bastard for what he did to me and Nariko.' Daimyo mused. Rolling his shoulders he halfheartedly keyed in on the unknown pressure, searching for any similarities he might have known.
~
Standing outside the complex, Ashika pulled out an old cellphone that only had one number in it's contacts. Pressing the speed dial she listens to it ring. "Ashani." "Nariko, it's Ashika, Daimyo just returned from the shamanic training." she said, hearing the flaming red haired ex-kunoichi move. "Thank you." After the line was disconnected Ashika placed the cell back in her pocket. 'At least now she will be willing to be more outgoing.' she thought, glancing up towards the moon. "There's going to be a shadow war very soon. And Daim' going to be right the middle of it."
~Karakura~
Retrieving Heaven's Avenger from the closet, while begining to feel something after so many years of numbness, Nariko stared into the stormy night and wondered if Daimyo had the strength to do what she couldn't in nearly five hundred and eighty years. "To emotionally weak to face Nagato and win. He's my only chance at vengeance." she said softly. Sheathing her zanpakutō, she opened a window and flash stepped in to the night. Racing allow the rooftops at top speed Nariko heads towards Urahara Shop. Knowing how out of shape she is from self imposed exile after that unwanted day.

Draruto
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tellukka on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:00 pm

Rangiku wanted to ask what he was going to do, but refrained, suspecting that it would be useless. "Whatever you do, be careful," she said, caressing his cheek with her warm fingertips. "Nothing else will matter if you...get hurt." He was slipping away already, it seemed. She knew him well enough to know when his mind was wandering. Briefly, she closed her eyes. It struck her how tired she was. It made sense, she supposed: the day had suddenly become very intense. "Well, I'll leave you to it, then." She fell silent again, struggling once again to find words. It wasn't like she ever had any experience talking to someone who'd been dead. "Just...Come back soon."
-
Maki and Asami made an agreement to meet in the library. Then the two parted, Asami to get paper, brushes and ink, Maki to retrieve refreshment. Asami, at least, was intent on remembering what she had forgotten about that mask and, if at all possible, to find any stories of resurrection that could possibly apply to the current situation.
For her part, Maki was distracted by her thoughts and the strange spiritual pressure. She didn't recognise it, that was for sure. Her hand found her zanpakutō. She pushed the blade out a tiny bit with her thumb and let it fall back into place over and over until she reached the library.
By the time Asami arrived with her materials, Maki was already there, leaning against the wall beside the door. Asami regarded her for a few seconds. "How are you?" she asked, leading the way into the building.
"I'll be fine. Let's just get to work."
-
Kisuke Urahara was straightening up the shop, preparing to close it within the hour, when he heard the door slide open. Curious, he turned his head. "Ah, Miss Ashani." He advanced casually, an amiable smile breaking out across his face "I didn't expect to see you. What can I get for you?" He had a feeling that something big was happening, but he decided to proceed as if all were normal for the moment.

Tellukka
Member for 2 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:47 pm

Bowing his head in response to her unspoken two part order, which might've been easier to follow if part of his retraining didn't involve a gaunlet. "As you wish, my lady." he intoned, savoring the touch of Rangiku's fingertips. 'Never again will I be separated from her. I swear on my darkened soul.' Daimyo vowed silently, as a little smirk creeped over his face. "Later Giku." he said softly, before vanishing in a cloud of smoke. Opting not to add, 'I love you, feeling that it to soon for something that personal. He reappears in an underground training room, surrounded by Tenshintai.

As they all morphed into Ryukikami, a long with a rain of falling blades, Daimyo found his center. "Let the beating begin." he mumbled.
~
Ashika left her perch a couple minutes of contemplation and light planning, she narrowed bi-colored gaze on a distant point. 'Return to the Living World, find Daim' another apartment, and get started on tracking Nagato.' she thought. Subconsciously heading towards the secret gateway she used months ago, she thought of the pressure she felt and was sure her descendant felt to. "Who was it I wonder? How must seem like it was offspring of Daimyo. But that's not possible since he was just getting to that point."
~
Drawing her zanpakutō and flipping it into a reverse grip, one of the few habits the instructors couldn't break, Nariko faced Urahara. "Daimyo just returned the dead, he's going to be gunning for the hollow called Nagato once he gets to Karakura. And since I haven't trained or handle a weapon since that day, I need to hijack your training room for a few days." she said with a roll of her shoulder.

Draruto
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tellukka on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:46 am

"Later." Rangiku stood, watching the spot where the smoke from Daimyo's disappearance dissipated. She thought of pinching herself, just to make sure that this was all happening. It still felt surreal. Slowly, she went to her room and lay down on her bed fully clothed. She stared at the ceiling, her mind too busy for her to be able to rest. The silence wasn't helping. She sighed and turned onto her side, tracing patterns in the air with her fingers until she finally she dozed off.
-
Asami took a sip of sake as she poured over the books. Sighing heavily, she shut it. Nothing in that one either. The papers that she had for notes were nearly empty. She had only one sentence written down and it looked like Maki wasn't faring any better. No doubt it would be in the most obvious place or it would be one sentence in one small essay. She wished that she knew how to research better.
-
"Oh is he?" Urahara's smile vanished. "Well, in that case, you really should get to practicing. Let me know if you need a partner." He stepped off to the side with a sweeping gesture of the arm to let Nariko through. Things were getting interesting. He made a mental note to make preparations: soul reapers and who knew what else would no doubt be coming through in increased numbers and at one point, he may have to get involved in whatever was going to happen himself.

Tellukka
Member for 2 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:59 am

"I would, but anyone you could send can't take what I dish out. Only Daim' can and still make it interesting. But thanks for offering Urahara." Nariko said, striding past the ex-soul reaper. Pausing near the entrance, she glanced back at Urahara. "Thank you." she said, before entering. 'This is going to hurt, a lot. But I cannot let Daimyo face Nagato alone like last time.' she mused. Taking a moment to roll her shoulder, Nariko heard and saw Tenshintai circle her. As they warped into her zanpakutō's spirit, an unnamed blob, she slide into her opening stance. "And it begins." Nariko said as they lounged.
~
Exiting the underground training room after days of hard constant training, Daimyo stretched out a lingering ache and saw Ashika waiting. "Take it you got what you went in for?" "For the most part, just need to break the barrier with a tough fight." he replied. Seeing his ancestor nod, Daimyo flash stepped towards the Living World's gate. Bringing a hand up, he felt a Hell Butterfly materialize over his palm. 'Hope I gave her enough breathing room.' he thought with a sigh. "Rangiku, heading back to Karakura, if you have decided, meet me at the gate." he said before send the Hell Butterfly off.
~
Following Daimyo, just like old times, Ashika wondered how her surprise would be received. 'Won't know till we get there.' she thought seeing the Hell Butterfly fly off. Guessing where that was going she focuses on the shamanic mask and had questions she wanted ask. But knew that he'll explain it to her when he's ready. "Do think you can take him Daim'?" Ashika asked after a couple of minutes. "Have to, there's no choice now with what he's done to me and Nariko." Being in agreement with Daimyo, she grins.
~
Flopping onto the floor, battered and bruised, Nariko panted heavily as the last Tenshintai shattered in to a few thousand splitter. 'Damn it, this is going to longer than I thought.' she thought. Growling in frustration, she closed her eyes and threw an arm over her face. "So much for a quick refresher. Just hope I get up to speed soon before hell breaks loose." she quipped in a resigned tone.

Draruto
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tellukka on Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:04 am

Rangiku received the butterfly at an opportune moment: when she had some time alone. She listened carefully, then weighed her options. At the very least, she wanted to say a proper goodbye before Daimyo went off to do…whatever it was that he was going to do. She knew it was dangerous. Frankly, the idea of it infuriated her: he had just come back and now he was going off and could very well get himself killed again. And maybe he was skilled, but if he could die once…
Rangiku sighed and ran off toward the gate. When she arrived, she went hesitantly up to Daimyo, only nodding In greeting to Ashika. "I've made up my mind," she said. She looked at the gate, making mental connections. She had a pretty good idea of what he was after.
-
Maki entered the library just in time to see Asami's eyes narrow. "Maki, look at this," she said, waving her over. The pair had been using their free time looking into the shamanic mask and today, Asami had finally found something.
"What is it?" Maki asked, leaning over Asami's shoulder to look at the page.
"An answer." Asami finished preparing the ink and began to quickly jot down notes.
Maki frowned. Her nails didn't have much time to regrow between now and the last time she chewed them down to the cuticles, but that didn't stop her from starting again as she read. For the past few days, she had begun to feel increasingly uneasy and this development didn't help much. "But why all this? And how?"
"We'd have to ask," Asami sighed, leaning her face on her hand. Silence passed between them for a few moments. Asami watched Maki's face, seeing the gears turning behind her dark eyes. She knew what was coming before Maki spoke.
"We shouldn't get involved," she said, just as Maki finished her proposition.
"We want answers, he's got them. Besides," Maki put her hands on her hips. "My lieutenant is tangled up with this creep. For her sake, I want to know."
It didn't take long for Asami to cave: she never had a particularly strong constitution in the face of peer pressure. That and she had to admit, she was curious. Maki grabbed her wrist and pulled her in the direction of Daimyo's spiritual pressure. They arrived last out of everyone at the gate. Asami hung back a few paces while Maki, despite a look from Rangiku, strode forward to better discern what was going on. "Hey," she said simply.

Tellukka
Member for 2 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:03 am

Facing Rangiku, after glancing at the two unnamed reapers that showed up at the gate, Daimyo tilted his head slightly to one side. 'The stragglers are who?' he mused silently. "What have you decided then?" he asked, as his arms crossed themselves. Feeling that he could burn some time before he goes on to hunt the hollow bastard. Daimyo sighed inwardly, partially dreaded what she was going say. 'Five bucks says she has an idea of what I am planning to do and is pissed about it. I know I would. But I'm the only that can, Nariko has to many open emotional wounds.' he thought.
~
Ashika returned Rangiku's nod while watching Maki step foreward. Pausing behind Daimyo, briefly touching his hand, she saw him glance over his shoulder. "Hm?" "Don't take to long. There's something I want to give you before you start hunting." Ashika replied. "Sure, see you in a few." Bounding through the gate, she momentarily disoriented till falling out of it's opening above Karakura. Catching herself, right before slamming into a building, Ashika went straight to the warehouse she converted for Daimyo to use. "Just needs a few little tweaks and it will be perfect." she said, reviewing the remaining tasks needed to be done.
~
While waiting for Rangiku to answer, Daimyo gave the unknown reaper a quick once over. 'Female, a born leader, and is in Rangiku's squad.' he mused. Staring into her eyes, while his dark gaze minutely shimmered with purple streaks, he asked, "Yes Ms Leader-in-training?"
~
Getting to a vertical base after a few minutes, while leaving Heaven's Avenger stabbed in the ground, Nariko exits said room to see a full table of food waiting there. A loud and persistent grumble bubbled up from her stomach. 'Fine, I'll feed you.' she mused pulling a thick over the table.

Kneeling and bowing her head, closed her eyes gave a silent preyer for the food before adding audibly, "Thanks." Digging with gusto, Nariko failed to noticed Urahara and his housemates join her.

Draruto
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tellukka on Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:26 pm

Rangiku glared at Maki before turning back to Daimyo. For privacy's sake, she murmured her answer in his ear: "I want us to work and I will come with you." She withdrew slightly, but remained close to his side. "What exactly are you doing here?" She asked Maki, adding on to Daimyo's sentiment. A cocktail of emotions rose up in her chest. She folded her arms across her chest.

It was too late that Maki realized that she had ruined a moment, but she was in too deep to back down now. Besides, Daimyo's stand in name for her was flattering. She tossed her head, removing the black bangs from her eyes. "Name's Maki Kosube," she said in explanation for Daimyo. "Fourth seat of Squad 10. That back there," she gestured over her shoulder at the brown haired reaper behind her. "Is Asami Hino From squad 13."

Asami bowed stiffly, but didn't come closer. She could hear fine from that distance. Her face was burning red. She wished more than anything that Maki wouldn't rush into things like this. She wished that she could make her own decisions with more confidence. It was a little late to lament, though, she acknowledged. Better to just focus on the developing mess.
"Anyway," Maki continued, "We were just curious what you were up to. Care to tell?"

"That's not any of your business," Rangiku snapped, irritated that Maki was even here, that she and Asami were sticking their noses where they didn't belong. She glanced at Daimyo. She too was curious about his plan, or at least the details: she could guess what his ultimate goal. That was one of the reasons why she wanted to go along with him, after all, but she did want to make sure that he wasn't going to do anything exceptionally stupid.
-
"Your welcome," Urahara said as he seated himself at Nariko's right. He surreptitiously looked her over, noticing a few visible injuries. He served himself, not looking at her as he continued speaking. "How are things going?" As he ate, he made note of her spiritual pressure. It wasn't as strong as he remembered it being at her prime, though he might not be remembering correctly. She could get better in time, although he wondered if she would be ready in time for what was coming.

Tellukka
Member for 2 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:48 pm

"Okay." he whispers back. Covering his face as he inwardly sighed at the unexcepted surprise, one that he didn't see coming, Daimyo glanced at Rangiku. "Your call if you let them to tag along, because what I am planning to do is no different than what any other reapers usually do. Other than I'm not letting the bastard live another day longer than necessary. And once that's over, I will make it to our wedding. I absolutely refuse to spend another nanosecond separated from you Giku, ever." he states, narrowing his eyes. 'I won't break your heart again.' he added silently. Turning to face the gate, Daimyo gripped Ryukikami's handle and took a calming breath. "I never stopped loving you Giku." he said behind closed lips.

'Let the hunt begin.' he mused while flash stepping through the gate.
~
"As well as to be excepted for being outshape." Nariko replied. Pausing as she felt Ashika pass by, she grinned slightly. 'He's coming.' she mused. Finishing her food after a few minutes Nariko stood and bowed slightly. "How almost like my mother's cooking." Turning on her heel, after stretching an ache out, she reenters the training room and sees Yoruichi standing there. "Ashani." "Shihōin." Grasping the older fighter's forearm, Nariko tilted her head. "A birdie called saying that you might need a hand with your retraining. If you're still up for training." Taking those words in, Nariko adopted her opening stance for unarmed combat.

"Let's go." she said. Then, without much preamble or telegraphing, Nariko absorbed and deflected Yoruchi's attacks. Long and frenetic minutes drew themselves out while her hand to hand skills returned rapidly.
~
Finishing the last few tasks of her list, Ashika activated a seal that she designed with Daimyo in mind. Being generic enough that most reapers would ignore it, but different enough to peak his interest. She remembered that he only actively sought Rangiku's attention once they started dating. She hopes that he likes what she had done for him. "And I hope that he doesn't die again hunting Nagato."

Draruto
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tellukka on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:30 am

Rangiku glared at the two women for a moment, then closed her eyes. She was miffed and didn't see the need, but somewhere deep down, she couldn't help but think that he'd been killed once, what's to stop him from dying again? He wasn't the only one who got stronger over time. "I'll send a hell butterfly to Ukitaki on your behalf, Hino, and I'll excuse you myself, Maki. If you have to come, then fine."
She then turned her attention to Daimyo. His words were sweet, sure, but because of the aforementioned reservations, she had trouble getting too hyped. "I'm sure you will," was all she said, smiling and trying to sound encouraging. When Daimyo left, she followed right behind, not intending to let him out of her sight again.

Maki barely masked a triumphant grin in response to Rangiku's acquiescence. For the same reason, Asami wished for the sweet embrace of death. She was a good girl, she always had been. She felt that their curiosity could be satiated by just asking instead of going on a wild goose chase through Karakura for who-knows-what and who-knows-why. She pinched the bridge of her nose. If she didn't walk through that gate herself, she would be dragged through by Maki. Better to retain her dignity.

Maki was quite pleased with herself. She didn't trust Daimyo as far as she could throw him, and now she could go to the world of the living, get answered, and keep an eye on Daimyo all in one go. Really, it was a win-win. Sure it'd be dangerous, but she'd encountered a fair amount of danger in her day. She wasn't frightened even a bit.

Tellukka
Member for 2 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:33 pm

Exiting the gate exactly dead center of writhing mass of enraged hollows, no doubt as a bloody welcoming party from Nagato, Daimyo proceeds to cut a enlarging swath of devolving hollows. Drawing Ryukikami, he watched and heard pained bellows erupt through the air. 'SHIT!' he thought. Taking at full strength cero to his stomach he managed to avoid hitting Rangiku and Asami, but not so much with Maki. "Just my luck, I just had to gate right into the epicenter of fight. No bad I can't get paid for this. Or worse, have Yachiru recording for Kenpachi to watch." he grunts while rolling off Maki.

Seeing another hollow make a beeline towards Asami, Daimyo grabbed and threw the leader in training like an improvised missile. "Ichigo might remember that move." he added with suppressed chuckle. Resuming his rampage, Daimyo leapt up right as three large hollows struck where he just left. 'Welcome back to Karakura.' he thought, deflecting a swipe. Flowing back Daimyo kicked the offending attack and felt Ashika join the fray. "About time she notice." he states. Firing off a dark colored wave of energy Daimyo fell into the combative autopilot that he learned during his extended shamanic training.
~
"I take it you luck has struck again?" Ashika inquired. But she knew that an answer coming, since her descendant was in full combat mode. Taking a blow with her Blizzard Brand, she pushed said offender back and kicked out. 'Damn mindless fools. Can't they see that they're being used?' Ashika mused.
~
"Ninja art #20 Roaring Tsunami!" Nariko exclaimed as a massive wave of water rushed forward. Swinging Heaven's Avenger around rapidly as she raced through hollows; Nariko subconsciously fell in tune with Daimyo. Meeting him midway in the mob, she blocks a blow to Daimyo's back. "I've..." she started to say before her lips were stopped. "Later Nariko, we have business to attend to. Then we can talk about it.

Nodding, she sighed inwardly and resumed her blood letting.

Draruto
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tellukka on Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:28 pm

((Apologies for the late reply! I've been working on it, but I've been pretty sick.))

Maki was caught off guard, but she managed to get her arms up to both do something to catch Daimyo and to keep the back of his head from breaking her nose. She couldn't remain standing, however, and fell over onto her back. The impact left her winded for a moment, but she recovered quickly enough when Daimyo removed his weight from her chest. When he grabbed her, she had a pretty good idea of what he was doing, so at the apex of the throw, she added her own momentum and helped to launched herself with the needed speed. "To your left, Asami!" She called, slashing the mask of the hollow in two. She landed on an adjacent rooftop and stopped to survey the situation. "By the powers," she murmured, counting to the best of her abilities the number of hollows. Why were there so many? She glanced around, hoping that there weren't any strays taking advantage of the situation to attack spirits or civilians.

Asami was busy with another hollow when she heard Maki. Thankfully for her, She and Daimyo had lent her a hand: she wouldn't have been able to react quickly enough. "Hadō number 33: Biakurai!" The kidō blasted a hole straight through the hollow's mask. Asami didn't seem like it, but she was a tough cookie. 'At least now they'll be at peace,' she thought, finally able to take the time to draw her zanpakutō. Clearly something wasn't right. She searched for spiritual energy intermittently throughout the battle, but other than them, there was nothing that would attract hollows to this specific spot. A hollow roared, then disappeared as Asami's zanpakutō cleaved it in two from behind. She was starting to be greatful that maki had forced her along.

Rangiku had to leap out of the way of an enormous claw only moments after entering the gate. She wanted to help Daimyo, but she saw Maki inadvertently cushion his fall and when he got up, she supposed that he would be alright. Still, she stayed close to him as they fought, making sure to cover any blind spots that he and Nariko may have. Speaking of Nariko, she was surprised to see her. It had been a while since she had seen hide or hair of her. Ashika, too. This day just kept getting more and more interesting. She took a short breath, bringing her attention back to the battle where it ought to be. She could ask questions later.

Tellukka
Member for 2 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:57 am

Daimyo moved in unison with Nariko as they raged out against the hollows. Taking his cues from her, he felt a bit nostalgic about it all. Fighting beside Nariko, Ashika, and Rangiku was like coming back home again after so many years of forced separation. 'An honored ancestor, a unofficially adopted big sister, and a lover; that's everything I need.' he mused, catching a claw swipe meant for Rangiku. Staring into the hollow's empty eyesockets, Daimyo twisted the claw down and forcefully impaled in it's mask. "She's mine soulless peon, die." he growled softly. Rushing forward to catch up with Nariko he heard Ashika take his left flank.
~
Once in postion to cover Daimyo and Nariko's open flank, Ashika fluidly fell into rhythm with them. As they gradually wiped the hollows, she found herself wondering if she was destined to be alone for eternity. Recalling her failed relationship with Captain Ukitake and how it end. She didn't blame him for not being able to keep his word of training Daimyo, they didn't know that a dead indian shaman would swoop in and take him to his spiritual place. 'Stop it Masters.' a voice bellowed in Ashika's head. Shaking her head, she noticed tear in the street that pulsed. "Daim!"
~
Seeing what Ashika noticed mere seconds after, Daimyo leapt high into the air. Slicing several hollows as he rose, he felt something snap in his soul. 'Finally.' he thought. Reaching the apex of his leap, about four stories above the fight, Daimyo bought Ryukikami across his torso and pointed towards the tear. "Bankai." he said, as his Zanpakutō lengthened and boarden. Swinging out a wave of ultra condensed reiatsu, Daimyo hoped that no one gets caught in the blast. 'Hope this works.' he mused as he hung in the air due to his attack's recoil.
~
Using a ninja art to push Rangiku and the unknown reapers away, Nariko activated and added her own highly highly condensed reiatsu wave to Daimyo's. 'What's he thinking?' she wondered as a horizontal ice pillar raced pass her. Her thought was enough for a claw/cero combination to break her guard and send skidding away. Rolling back to her feet, while silently cursing herself for her inattention, Nariko turtled behind a twenty foot wide circle of solidified reiatsu as the three attacks converged on the tear. Glancing towards Rangiku and the reapers she called out, "Might want to get behind me if you don't want to be ragdolled!"

Which was followed by the biggest explosion Nariko ever felt before.

Draruto
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tellukka on Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:08 am

((I'm dreadfully sorry, but I'm not sure that this rp is working for me right now. Maybe someday, we'll cross paths again. Maybe it'll even be another "Bleach" rp! Thank you very much for playing with me over the last month and I wish you well.))

Tellukka
Member for 2 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!