Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

A Bleak Beginning, In A Desolate Future

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: A Bleak Beginning, In A Desolate Future

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiL_KK on Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:38 pm

Kendra followed the man around the bar and down a back hallway. She was very warry as he unlocked the door and opened it. They both walked into a room, Kendra looked around and saw that it was a mess. Clothes were everywhere, on the floor the bed everywhere. She smiled when the man cleared a space to sit on a chair and asked her blankly, "So, what do you need?"
Kendra looked him up and down. "Nice room ya got here. Homie feeling..." She glanced around again then focused her attention on the task at hand. "Anyway, I'm Kendra. I am assuming you are someone high up around here, i've watched you a little bit and established you require respect. So i figure you are the best to ask." She swallowed her mouth dry all of a sudden. "I was hoping to know if you have any information on a man that lives on 56th st and the corner of 10th ave? He is a high and powerful whore dealer. I was wondering if you knew him or knew about him..." This was a risk asking another person for tips, but kendra needed more and she figured this man would be discrete. She stood rigid and ready to grab a weapon if needed.
To lie is to sleep, to sleep is to die. So where must one lie to sleep without death...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LiL_KK
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:47 pm

O'Mar listened to Kendra and her request. She was asking about a local big-time pimp, who'd aptly named himself 'Sleazy Steve.' The guy was a pain in the ass, to pretty much everyone in the area. He had several whore houses, and he underpaid his bitches by quite alot, and kept them in line with his own personal crew. None of the families liked him, but he had a fairly good sized crew, and he didn't cause too many major problems, so that was why no one had offed him yet. But, apparentally Kendra had a grudge against him, or something, so O'Mar figured he'd tell her what he knew. "Well, the guy's name is Steve, also known as Sleazy Steve. Big pimp, has several whore houses, and his own small crew to keep his women in line and all that. All I know is that he's a real pig, he's quite wealthy, and that he lives in an apartmeant that's set up in his largest whorehouse, called 'The Black Cat'. That's all I know of him really, I try to avoid the sick fuck at all costs." O'Mar eyed an un-opened bottle of beer, and grabbed it. He popped the top and drank some of it, and after wiping his mouth asked, "So, what do you need that information for? Maybe I can help out?"
It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to achieve anything. -My attitude on life-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Axle
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Momo on Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:44 pm

OOC:
Name: Moi Phuong

Background:
What do you do when your mother's a whore, your dads a junkie, the world is chaos, and you are only seven years old?
a) you die
b)you find someway to survive
Moi, was born in the gutter, almost literally. Moi is also pretty certain that she will die in the gutter. She's lived her entire young life nourishing herself with scraps from a fly infested dumpster.

Moi lived in what was once a land called Vietnam. As a third world country in a better age it was in complete ruins. Now, it’s only gotten worse. Death roams the muddy, poluted streets in the form of gas, radiation, gangs, you name it. The corpses of young children, old women line the cracked sidewalks. By day gangs patroll the streets, by night, jungle cats roam, turning into scavengers, feeding off the dead flesh found everywhere. She lived in a world wear the need to grow up fast was essential to survive. So when your father is holed up with some of the sleazy gangs injecting himself with poison and your mother is selling her bruised and bleeding body to those same men, and all your brothers and sisters are either dead, dying, or simply gone, what can you do?

Moi chooses B) find someway to survive. She struggles through slavery, abuse, rape, starvation, but she survives. Until one day, at seventeen, Moi is targeted by her own gang leader. Marked for death by the only possible allies around, what exactly do you do? You go to the top.

But when your seventeen, all alone, and you just murdered the toughest b*stard in the region, you better have an escape plan.

So in a little dingy Moi sets across an ocean and arrives in a city called Gheckton.

Physical Description:
5’1, 98lbs, Brown hair, Brown eyes

Moi wears one outfit that consists of a solid black t-shirt that barely reaches her belly-button, very baggy dark brown well-worn leather pants (in which she stores a life-supply of weapons, food, and trinkets), heavy black sturdy combat boots, her prized antique Viet Cong cap, and a necklace full of adult teeth.

Possesions:
The above outfit
A 6” hunting knife
A pack of 4 throwing blades
A M60 Machine Gun
-4 ball (M80) cartridges
-1 tracer (m62) in belts of 100 rounds
A 9mm Makarov PM pistol
-50 9mm
A small pot containing:
-1 fork/knife/spoon set
-1 bowl
-2 packets of rice
-1 packet of salt
One flask of water
Ten feet of rope
A lighter
1 Marlboro cigarette

Simple pleasures for simple people.

Momo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Momo on Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:04 pm

IC:

Two days ago Moi arrived in the city of Gheckton, sweaty, scratched, and simply exhausted. She had been travelling for weeks, months even by boat and foot, sleeping in caves, trees, under rocks, eating up her store food. Finally when she's practically all out of everything that would keep her alive she saw the not-so-bright lights of civilization. For the past two days she's been in the city she has slide in and out of the shadows watching this new place.

Moi stands outside of a local drugstore, leaning against the wall, watching people go in and out of a busy little bar across the street. Her last cigarette rests in the right corner of her mouth still unlit. This city is not much different from home, she thinks, a little colder, but otherwise housing the same stink. She gets harrassed by a couple teenage boys not much younger than herself, but a shrug of her shoulder gives them a peak at the large, black, and mean sub-machine gun strapped to her back and the boys scram.

Eventually she gets decides to come out of the shade and walk across to the bar. She's bored.. and she's just found out that her lighter is out of fluid. Moi steps into the bar and asks the nearest guy for a light in very accented English.

OOC:
She is asking Rathe.

Momo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hgat`hgar on Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:28 pm

Name: Wes
Race: Human??
Physical Description: Wes wears a black robe, If he shows his eyes they appear to be black but have what is reffered to in black opal's as "Fire" which is colors usually red blue and green glowing in them. He carries a sword permanently blackened from soot, He also carries a magnum, and 24 bullets for it. Without his robe he wears a black shirt and black jeans. he is usually silent preferring to help those in need, rather than himself
Other Info: Wes grew up in the sewers by himself. he lived on sewer rats, diseases and all. He became semi-blind after awhile. He left the sewers when he was 9 in hopes of finding someone to help him. He found a woman who kept him as her own child, until he was 20, he left the run down town and ran to Gheckton.

Wes arrived at Gheckton panting, he'd come a long way from the town and now he was at Gheckton. Though he did stop on the way a few times. He walked around until he spotted a bar. He ran in, hoping there would be someone there.
The Great Mizuti, Never lies! sometimes, Seldom, Once in a Blue Moon.
The Great Mizuti Be angry!

Hgat`hgar
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Awakening on Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:08 pm

OOC: I won't be able to post for a few days because I'm going out of town. And this one's a bit short, but I wanted to throw something out there before I left. Don't anybody get into any trouble while I'm gone. ;)

IC: Blaize drummed her digits against the counter as she swung one leg over the other, flashing a genuinely personable smile to the bartender as he slid a glass of rum in her direction. She would have to remember to thank that man with the braid. Closing her hand around the glass and drawing it to her lips, she hesitated, flicking her tongue against the back of her teeth. This was going to be rather unpleasant. The ice floated among the copper-toned liquid, clicking and gathering condensation along the glass. Blaize held her breath and poured a considerable amount down her throat, pressing her tongue to the roof of her mouth and upturning a corner of her lips into a snarl before exhaling once more. The liquor tore at her taste buds, seemingly content to destroy them. However disgusting at first, Blaize had acquired a taste for alcohol at a rather young age and chose to ignore the effect it had on her tender senses.
The door to Zeek's was pushed open as a petite girl, younger than Blaize by her appearance, stepped through and requested a lighter from the man who had caused such a ruckus earlier. Shorty thereafter, a man clad in all black tore into the bar.
Blaize perked a brow and swiveled in her seat to recline against the counter to better observe the events to unfold. Swallowing down the remainder of her beverage with some difficulty, she placed it at her side and motioned for the tender with the flick of her wrist, coiling a finger towards her.
"Would you be so kind as to refill my glass?" she inquired.
The man let out a huff of air as he removed a bottle from its shelf, popping the cap off and expelling its contents into Blaize's glass. She thanked him and gathered it into both hands, resting it momentarily on her lap before venturing to take another gulp. Satisfied with the warmth in her body and slight buzz in her head, Blaize searched her pockets for the case containing her cigarettes, pushing aside the bag of dope and pieces of copper until her fingers brushed against the metal. She flicked the case open and withdrew a cigarette, placing it between her lips while igniting her lighter in the other hand and touching the flame to the tobacco. She inhaled. The smoke slithered down her esophagus and into her lungs where it expanded before being released through her nostrils. The burning sensation inflamed Blaize's chest and nose, but she had long since grown used to that particular discomfort.
She propped an elbow behind her atop the counter, resting leisurely as her gaze shifted from one strange face to the next.
War does not determine who is right; only who is left.

Awakening
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hgat`hgar on Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:38 pm

Wes takes a seat next to the woman who propped her elbows on the counter and look at the bartender "I'll take anything." he says and sighs

Hgat`hgar
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:09 pm

OOC:sry bout not posting recently, was kinda busy

IC:Rathe was still sitting, ever vigilant, when the most gorgeous girl he had ever seen in his life walked up to him, and asked him for a light in accented english even. Rathe looked at her eyes for a moment, then snapped back to reality, George had dissappeared for the time being, but Rathe didn't notice. Rathe fumbled about his clothes, when he found a lighter. He handed it over to the girl, still in awe of her beauty...
Sanity is just a limitation

If I was normal, then why would you even acknowledge me?

Go Eagle Go!

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hgat`hgar on Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:15 pm

He looks over at the woman getting a lighter and the man giving her one. He shrugged.

Hgat`hgar
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Momo on Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:20 pm

Moi took the lighter and started it up, sucking on her cigarette until it burned red at the end. She handed the lighter back to the man, "Thank you". He is staring at her, Ever seen a female before, buddy? She stares back. After a moment she turns away and gazes at the pool table and the men playing. Weird game, she thinks.

"Do you play... that?" she says to the man nodding towards the pool table.

Momo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:24 pm

Her words were like flowers flowing in the breeze, on a gentle meadow. He nodded, and walked over to the pool table, surprised that he could move. he grabbed on of the sticks, and waited for her to break...

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hgat`hgar on Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:25 pm

Wes pulls his sword out of it's sheath and starts cleaning it. "its called Pool, or billiards. The point of the game it to hit the other balls in with the white ball without knocking the black ball in until last or something." He says to the woman

Hgat`hgar
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Momo on Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:26 pm

"Show me." Moi demands, in a tone obviously meant to have no contradictions.

Momo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hgat`hgar on Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:29 pm

"Fine." He stood up sliding his sword back into its sheath. He walked over to the pool table and grabbed a (forgot what there called)

Hgat`hgar
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Momo on Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:41 pm

Moi followed the man's steps and grabbed her own pool cue, why are all games played with sticks?. She looked at the other game going on and watched the men poke at the white ball. It seemed like a game of accuracy, she shrugged.

"Go on," she said to the two men.

Momo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:46 pm

Rathe deduced that the man in the robes didn't know how to play that well, but, Rathe could count on him getting better as soon as there was money to be won. Rathe took the honor of breaking the balls ((that kinda sounded wrong)) nothing went in. Rathe suddenly remembered that he had to call something."Stripes" he said suddenly, then backed away, allowing Wes to hit the next ball...

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LiL_KK on Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:22 pm

Kendra was wary of this man. *He hasnt done anything to threaten me at this time.* Kendra thought to herself. *And he seems to be totally normal from all I have seen. But stil it was one thing to question someone and another to tell them your a hire by the job assasin... But on the other hand he is connected high up and i could get some jobs from him...* She turned the ideas over in her head. She did so quickly so as not to let the man think she was slow or hiding something. She sighed to herself, *this could be a BIG mistake but what do i have to loose right now...*
"Alright, i'm telling you this and you alone. If i hear you have said anything about this meeting to anyone i Will hunt you down and Will eliminate you. I'm not trying to threatin you i'm just covering my ass." She swallowed and continued. "I am a hired hand, or an assasin if you will. I get hired to take people out and i get paid well for it. I'm very good at what I do. Although this man is a little more difficult. I noticed you the other night, your cocky and think you own the place... I liked that you seem like you have a right to be cocky. You seem good at what you do. I was hoping this man would be as big a thorn in your side as he is in mine... and maybe we could work together. I was also hoping you could come to me if you ever needed help. I'm always looking for new jobs." Kendra sat on the mattress that was on the floor, it was dirty but she just sat anyway. "What do you think?" She kept her hand on the switch blade in her pocket, just to be sure.

LiL_KK
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Axle on Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:46 pm

O'Mar listened to Kendra, and after hearing all she had to say he was a little surprised. 'Huh, didn't exactly see that coming...' O'Mar thought to himself as he stood up. He then said, "Well, I'd love to help, but today I can't. I have my own job to do. But maybe after I'm done, I can help you take the son of a bitch out. But until then I'm unavailable. I'll keep what you said in mind though. The family's always looking for outside sources to deal with problems which you seem like you're skilled in handling. But, as much as I'd love to chat I gotta bounce for now. Later." And having said that, Mar proceeded out of the room and back out to the bar. He stopped and whistled at Kory, and Kory then stood and walked up beside him. O'Mar and Kory proceeded out of the building, and walked a bit down the sidewalk. Suddenly though, O'Mar stopped and Kory stopped with him. "What is it boss?" Kory asked, as O'Mar turned around and started back towards the bar. "Lasetnas, alot of 'em..." O'Mar said, to which Kory asked, "Lasetnas? The fuck is that?" O'Mar turned his head towards Kory and said, "A rival family. They're always causing trouble for us, and today it seems like they're gonna try and raid us or something. I counted atleast twenty or so of those bastards. We gotta get back to the bar and warn our people." When O'Mar finished that, they were at the door, and he just yelled to the bartender, "LASETNAS! Tender get all soldiers in the building out the door quick! Atleast twenty of the ass holes comin' down the road right now!" The bartender grabbed his shotty and walked over to the shitty intercom system that they'd put in a few years ago. It was linked to a speaker in every private room, so any soldiers sleeping or chilling in there room could be reached quickly. "All Zehk soldiers mount up, Lasetnas coming down right now! I repeat, Lasetnas coming, soldiers strap and mount up!" The bartender then followed O'Mar to the door, and after stepping out they saw that the group of enemy soldiers were only fifty yards or so away from them now. O'Mar figured they should atleast get a jump on them while they were out in the open, so he raised his AK and fired a long burst into the oncoming crew. They scattered, and only a few of them dropped, either dead or wounded. O'Mar and Kory popped off a few more rounds until the Lasetnas started returning fire, at which point they all took cover. Just then one more Z soldier burst through the door, armed with a huntring rifle. He aimed and fired, then took cover also. The fight was on, a good old fashioned noon-time shootout in the street...

Axle
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SoulsFlame on Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:13 am

Name: Terran Lineage
Race: Human
Physical Description: Terran stands at 6' 1" with white spiky hair and dark blue eyes. He wears a black vest with light combat gear underneath, he has strong arms and legs from years of training, along with very fast reflexes. He wears worn out sneakers and has a scar along his right cheek. He has white skin and though he doesn't talk very much he has a strong sense of right and wrong, which has led him to fight for the weak and destroy the strong who abuse their powers. He attacks gangs and saves everyone he can, though his greatest enemy is the corrupt government who has done to many wrongs to the people of the world. He came to the city hoping to create a place where everyone can smile without fear.
Weapons: Terran has a titanium broadsword, which he has learned to even block bullets with (from training with freedom fighters from the moment he was born.) He also has a long range sniper rifle and two pistols. He is very skilled in killing anyone who gets in his way. He also caries a few grenades and a dagger.
Other Details: Terran grew up fighting with the last of the Freedom fighters in various places across the world, this gave him great fight abilities, and they gave him a good education (or as good as it gets, but better then most), but at 15 his mentors and friends were all slaughtered by the government, and he wandered around, hes just arrived in the city, and now he plans to begin his war against the sadness of this world.

Terran looked through the scope at the gunfight below, and smiled, this was going to be fun. He took aim at the closest of the gang that called themselves Lasetnas, He was sitting on top of a building 60 feet from where the bar was, he waited until the gang member sat back to reload and then in a swift movement shot him and two of his allies with perfect accuracy, and they went down, holes through their heads blood flowing out of the wounds. Well, he thought, now I've had my fun from here, time to get close and personal.
Let your soul Burn!!!

Life is to short to give up, never stop fighting.

The blade is a tool and a way of life.

SoulsFlame
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Le Cruise on Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:39 am

Rathe had quickly abandoned any thoughts involving pool, or the lovely woman standing near him, at the first gunshot. Rathe's mind instantly went into, o shit bullets are coming at me at 500mph, mode. George came out from under the pool table, holding Rathe's trusty switchblade, Rathe grabbed the blade in one hand, and George in the other. They both knew what to do without a word to each other. They bolted through a near-by window, shattered glass was everywhere. Rathe's head turned sharply to the left, and he saw that an enemy was crouched on the edge of Zeek's, reloading his rifle. The world went into slow-mo, The enemies's eyes looked over at Rathe, wide with surprise. Rathe switched out his blade, and threw it, it's steel glinted in the light before it plunged directly into ((and through)) the eye of Rathe's advisary. Time returned to normal, Rathe landed on his two feet, avoiding any pieces of glass, the man screamed out in pain, before the blade hit into his brain. Blood spurted outwards as Rathe took back his weapon. George ran over and grabbed up the rifle from the now-dead man's hands. ((rathe)) George began firing at random enemies, none of the bullets hit however, georges aim was never that great. Rathe looked over across the street, and down a building or two. He was a man standing atop a building, shooting at three people done below, his aim was incredible, but his age seemed a bit young for those skills.Rathe assumed he was just a freedom fighter then, as George reloaded and continued to fire at random enemies. They both knew that they needed to protect their target, and eliminating the threat sounded like a pretty good solution for completing the misson successfully...

Le Cruise
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.