Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Blood on the Thames

Blood on the Thames

a part of “Blood on the Thames”, a fictional universe by BSDJoker.

(Open and Accepting! New players always welcome!) Gangs throughout London are about to start warring again. Who will you work for?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Blood on the Thames”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Blood on the Thames

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BSDJoker on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:10 am

Let me be the first to welcome you all to this Role Play. It is still being constructed currently, but we are still taking in members and people. This RP promises to be fun and exciting as it gives control of the game to the characters and their players. You all will determine how the plot rolls out and how the game progresses. London is yours, if you have the power to take it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BSDJoker
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Blood on the Thames

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:06 am

Well, this seem to be interesting, and the perfect test field for my ideas of corporate anarchy. I'd like top play as the 1st gang, taking control of the Thames and the "C" area of the map. As to details about my gang, you'll to wait a little. But I can promise it'll be great, maybe some Tesco and armed militias...
I'll get to making my CS as soon as class is over.
Bloodied Terra, a world created by human frailty or maybe by our own greed? A world dominated by ideologies and wars, conflicts everywhere. In this world a story takes place, the story of a man who would become the savior of Human Kind.

Join in, and help decide the fate of the world, as the greatest web of lies and fatalities in human history unfold. Hide those too weak in spirit and shield those who cannot fathom the greatness of this cobweb of destiny, for the Bloodied Terra will soon unfold.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:18 am

Hmm colour me interested...I'm at work right now and busy tonight so I'll try to get on to this tomorrow night. I'm in the process of moving to London right now so kinda have the bug for an RP based in it!

And given the choice, I'd like the E section of the map.

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BSDJoker on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:12 am

Is anyone else having problems with the forums this morning (well morning my time, anyway)?

Well, Narrow it will be very good to have you. I hope this doesn't effect your desire to join, but someone snagged Charlie Bloc through PMs about 5 minutes before I passed out from sleep deprivation last night. I am sorry for not posting that up before. All the others, besides Echo Bloc, are open still. I would recommend Beta Bloc, which is the best place to be to complete for river control. Plus it's the only other bloc besides Echo that has considerable reservoir resources on it. Beta also contains the construction for the Olympic Village which can be a huge source of extorted funds if desired. Especially for a corporate entity which could ruling the local unions with an iron fist.

Shmband: Echo Bloc is perfectly fine. It not only has Heath Row Airport located on it, but is also the another reservoir resource contender.

Of course, how the land is used and abused is completely up to the gang running it.

Also, are you willing to have characters that are working for your gangs/companies/entities? Once the "Head Hancho" position is taken, you'll get to build your group however you want it, but I had been planning on letting any players that don't want to be in control of a gang to work for one of the already established gangs. Does this work for you? I'm still working on getting all this info up in different OOC places and such, but I seriously crashed last night and couldn't finish it all out until today.

BSDJoker
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trickster on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:36 am

Hey Joker, just out of curiosity, given that I got Charlie block . . . I'm thinking smuggling and other such fun activities, but you got a problem with what is getting smuggled? There'll be limits of course, but it's gonna skate the edge of good taste. That's what makes it fun.
Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. ~E.L. Doctorow

There's many a bestseller that could have been prevented by a good teacher. ~Flannery O'Connor

If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Trickster
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BSDJoker on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:49 am

That's perfectly fine. For the most part, anything goes. Lockwood might be using charlie block now and then for the importation of weapons shipments. But then again, if you're not sharp, you may not even realize it. *grins* Lets just say that you'll have to deal with Gabriel if any of his shipments come up short. Not always a pleasant experience. LOL!

BSDJoker
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:52 pm

Hmph, that really is no good, but it doesn't really topple my entire corpotate idea over, so I'll just redo my idea of the organization so far. Besides, Zone E is much closer to Surrey anyway, and from what I've read, the rich folks choose to build themselves nice big mansions there, where they can live anonymously. Correct me if I'm wrong. But also, it'll enable some reservoir playing ;) And that airport makes some things possible... Besides, the Thames will be contested territory, while police might try to patrol the Thames once in a while.

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeNarcissus on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:57 pm

I would like to reserve bloc A i would get a character and a gang in within the next couple of hours

LeNarcissus
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BSDJoker on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:43 pm

Actually, i am going to hold off on the blocs for just a moment until I get one thing sorted out that I need to. Hold on just a little bit.

BSDJoker
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trickster on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:47 pm

I'm going to need to do a lot of research before I can fill out the gang form . . . and find a more detailed map of C block. But it's on the way!

Trickster
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BSDJoker on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:54 pm

Well, you can always use Google Maps for close in details. That's what i used to make the map, so it will all coincide perfectly. On the main map, the names of the streets are still visible to see what highways make up the borders for each territory and some of the subsections within. If desired, I can work on making some more detailed maps of each bloc, but it might take a little while to get them done.

BSDJoker
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LeNarcissus on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:25 am

All right got the character in. Sadly I have class soon and can't complete the Gang form. I shall start on it when I come back 3 to 4 hours from now.

LeNarcissus
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BSDJoker on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:34 am

The character works perfectly. One thing to be careful of is letting Lockwood find out about the human trafficking. That is a huge "no no" for him, as he is all about protecting the civilians. So, just something to keep in mind. LOL!

BSDJoker
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:24 am

The poor folks who are trafficked are usually not brits. Thus they have no citizenship. And that means they are not under the protection of English law. Only human rights and the laws prohibiting illegal immigration and exploitation of humans can draw attention to such acts of crime. ;)

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BSDJoker on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:44 pm

It'll still get Gabe's ire up if he finds out. It may take him a little while to try and put a stop to it, but eventually. LOL!

Oh and Narrow, if you want, put the Gang Creation post that you have up in the OOC thread thread for it. If you want, you can open your own OOC thread for IHS or I can put one up for you, whatever is easiest. But yeah, I'm good with that whole thing.

BSDJoker
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BSDJoker on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:39 pm

Man, it's taking a bit longer for people to get here than I was hoping. This is kinda depressing.

BSDJoker
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Havoc404 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:53 am

6 posts left .... bloody pm rule

Havoc404
Member for 12 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alan23 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Thanks for approving my character - hope this game starts soon!

Alan23
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BSDJoker on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:54 pm

I hope so, too. I was hoping to get more gang leaders in before starting the game. But I may have to take a different approach to it for now. I wish I could get more people involved, but I got bumped off the "New RP" page so quickly that we don't get much traffic right now. *grumbles*

So... from what I gathered from your character sheet, you man is more of a merc than anything, right? Or were you wanting to run your own gang?

BSDJoker
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alan23 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:12 am

No - he has no ambitions in that direction at all. He has a different agenda in mind, which will be revealed during play.

As far as players goes, I think it;s pretty fair to assume that no game will ever attract enough people to have multiple gangs with leaders and followers. My suggestion is that other followers are implied, and that each player who wishes plays an entire gang. But of course I'm not GM, and that's just a suggestion...

Alan23
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!