Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

A Bloodless Coup

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jyotika on Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:18 am

Every step was torment, her right foot screamed with every step, her right arm hung loosely at her side. Takimi was far from the vision of beauty she was twelve hours ago...

She had woken up, still strapped to her chair, bent double over a wide, low tree branch. She couldn't remember how she had gotten there. the sudden shift in weight caused her to fall the final ten feet to the forest floor, landing amidst the shards and remnants of her helicopter. She moved to unbuckle her harness, but couldn't move her right arm; she couldn't even feel it. It had been dislocated. She deftly unbuckled herself with her left hand and was able to lean forward enough to vomit. Checking herself, she found among her dislocated arm she had a broken ankle, a single massive bruise on her stomach where she had hit the tree branch, and a large amount of cuts from shrapnel and tree branches from her fall with a particularly bad one in the back of her neck. She tried not to think about how close it had come to her spine.

She knew this was the way back to Val's base... it had to be...

She had limped for hours, hoping she was going in the right direction. As night fell, she began to hear the sounds of night predators, smelling blood and fear. As the full moon rose, her sense of urgency increased.

Suddenly, to her left, floodlights came up, followed by a lone gunshot. Was that at Val's base?

As quickly as she could on her broken foot, Takimi made her way towards the base. She had to get there before the predators came.

She was out in the open area, in a bright, floodlit area. It was Val's base! She could hear voices in the distance!

Limping as fast as she could, she hobbled toward the voices, hit a trip wire, and screamed as she felt bullets and saw red splotches burst all over her chest.

It stung. It stung like hell, but she wasn't dead.

What was going on?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jyotika
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:43 pm

"Yes, I know. I was trying to contact you about them, but you weren't answering the secure line, and I didn't want something like this in the air. They already tried to get me. Caught and killed the perpetrator. These things are to be expected after all. The powerless always resent those with power."

"Is there any way to stop them?"

"If history has taught us anything, is that it's foolish to hunt guerillas. We wait until they're foolish enough to show their faces, and then bring them down. If they're in hiding like this, it means they're too afraid for any sort of actual assault. Although, this also means that they're powerful enough to launch a lot of smaller attacks. This state of limbo causes such organizations to be very dangerous."

"Obviously."

"Well, I'm sure we both have other matters on our plates. Be sure that your MS factories are operating well, and watch for saboteurs, these terrorists won't attempt direct assassination again for a while... and watch your men, especially the ones closest to you. They'll be the moles you need to watch out for."

"I'll watch my back. You watch yours."

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

Val hung up the phone after he hear the click on Jyotika's end of the line. So they had gotten to him already? They moved fast, it hadn't even been two weeks since Jyotika took power, he hadn't even had time to do anything to piss of anyone off. This meant that these rebels had been active for some time, just waiting for a cause to attack. There was a soft knock on Val's office door.

"Come in"

The door slowly pushed open with a soft squeak and Lina poked her head into the office.

"Is this a bad time Sir? I can come back. I mean considering what just happened."

"No, no, no. Come on in. Hope you don’t mind, I haven't had time to change, get cleaned up or anything. So what can I do for you?" Val asked as he motioned for her to take a seat.

"Uh, I don't know sir, James told me you wanted to see me."

Val stared at her blankly for a few seconds then remembered.

"Oh yes, sorry. Just slipped my mind what with the assassination attempt and all"

Val let out a small laugh, but Lina just looked a bit shocked and let her jaw drop slightly. Val let out a small cough, apparently he was the only one that was trying to make light of the situation.

"I just wanted to know you better. I've gotten to know just about everyone on this base, but I'm sorry to say that I hadn't met you before this evening. Why don't you tell me a bit about yourself."

Lina blushed a little and looked down at her feet for a few seconds before she spoke.

"Well, uh, my name is Lina. Lina Greywood. I was born in London. My parents split up when I was young, so I moved to New York with my mother, my sister stayed with my father in London. I haven't seen or heard from her since. When you and James were there recruiting two years, I tried to join up, but you said I was too young, so I uh.....kinda stole away in the back of your truck. Once I was actually in the base, no one questioned me and I was given proper identification and everything and started work right off the bat. For some reason I've always been good with machines. So I went to work under James, and that's pretty much what I've been doing since."

"How old are you exactly?"

"Eighteen."

"Well, even though you're younger than what we usually take, I'm glad you're here. You've proven yourself nothing but useful. I'm really glad you're here. Now, if you excuse me, I need to get changed and cleaned up."

With those words, Lina stood up and left the room closing the door behind her.
Last edited by SSJHunterKiller on Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:55 pm

James let out a deep sigh as he watched Val drive off. That had been close, way too close. If Val hadn't been wearing the vest, he would have been killed for sure. From now on James planned on following all the safety procedures that Val laid down, even how long to wait until the microwave dinner had time to cool down. Once Val was out of sight, James turned around and began barking orders to clean up the headless body and the area to get ready for tomorrows training. They weren't even twenty minuets into the clean up when James heard one of the standard traps get set of. 'Now who could have done that? Everyone here knew where all the standard traps were. Someone must have just gotten careless and set it off.' James thought. He walked for a few minuets and rounded a corner, and to his extreme surprise Takimi was standing there. James dropped the gun he was still holding and rushed over to her, sliding to his knees and throwing his arms out to catch her from falling to the ground.

"MEDIC!!!!"

Within seconds, several medics had rounded the corner and were kneeling beside James and Takimi. And two minuets later there was a medical jeep there with gurney and within four minuets, they were on their way back to the base. James watched in shocked amazement as the Jeep sped off towards the base. This was seemingly impossible, Takimi had survived the explosion. Realizing exactly what this meant, James jumped into another waiting Jeep and sped off to the base. Ones he got there, he leapt out of the Jeep before it had even come to a complete stop and was running through the base and slammed into Val's door as he tried to run through it before he opened it. On the other side of the door, Val looked up in shock. It took a few seconds for James to actually get the door open.

"TAKIMI'S ALIVE!"

Val looked up in shock as James spoke.

"Wha, what are you talking about? Her helicopter blew up, there's no way she could have survived."

She showed up after you left and set off one of the automatic standard traps. She's pretty banged up and we've got her in the Med Lab.[/ic]

Before James had even finished, Val hand pounced over his desk, knocking just about everything off except the computer. Both of them were sprinting down the hall, not even bothering to mind the people in their way. Taking a turn at the end of the hall, James skidded into the wall with a loud thud, but Val took it perfectly and lost no speed or traction. Val Skidded to a stop inside the medical room and found her bed.

"Takimi! Oh my god! You...you're alive!"

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jyotika on Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:02 am

"Takimi! Oh my god! You...you're alive!"

Indeed she was, although just barely. The medical staff had to cut most of the long sheet of black hair off to treat the injury on her neck. Her arm was already in a sling, having been shoved back into its socket with no ill effects, and her foot was wrapped in bandages, being prepped for a cast.

She nodded, her voice not set on speaking.

Closing her eyes, she heard someone sit next to her bed, followed by someone else, they were talking, but she was already thinking about what was to become of her now.

I owe Jyotika my life, because he saved it for me, and I need to pay him back. Jyotika, through Ka, tried to- No, they did. They killed me as far as they know. So as he gave me my life, he took it away. A fair trade, plus my services rendered. So now, the transaction is over, there's nothing left for me in Laos. Where do I go?

I can always stay here-

No, Val said it himself, there was no need for a slavegirl on his base.

I'm no longer property.

Something happened in the depth of Takimi's mind, a thought occured that never could before.

I'm no longer property.

Like a an ember growing into flame, the thought grew and spread through Takimi's mind as though it had been doused in a bucket of water.

I'm no longer property!

Suddenly, she realized the possibilities opened to her, she didn't have to work as a slave anymore, she could do anything she could. She had the skills now, she had the ability, she even had access to some meager funds she had been able to collect over the years...

She opened her eyes, and they were brighter than they had ever been, despite the lingering pain from her injuries, she felt more alive than she ever had.

She smiled, a bizarre mix of emotions overwhelming her, and she cried.

Tears of joy, repressed sorrow, and undiscovered rage just spilled from Takimi.

She was alive, she was free.

Jyotika
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:53 pm

Both Val and James were looking at Takimi opened her eyes. Her eyes shown with a beautiful brilliance that neither of them had seen in her eyes before, even though they had only known her a few days. Tears sprung from her eyes and rolled down her cheeks. Val was willing to bet that she had never cried like this before. All at once, both Val and James looked at each other as they realized what Takimi was thinking. Jyotika believed her dead, and if he believed that, she was free to leave at her own will, free to do what she wished, free to stay here, if she wished. Val looked back down at Takimi. She had fallen asleep, but a few tears still fell from her eyes. The tears shined like diamonds on her beautiful face. Val smiled and told everyone that didn't need to be here to leave.

Val and James left the medical room, followed shortly by the other three people that had come to see how she was doing. Val leaned against the wall with his face buried in his arm. Takimi was alive, what exactly did that mean though? Val slightly shook his head and sighed.

"So what are we going to do? There's no way she'll be able to leave for at least three weeks. She'll have to stay here for at least that long, but after that, what's she gonna do?"

"I don't know. I'd like her to stay here with us, but it’s really up to her to decide what she wants to do. She'd be an excellent addition to the team. I mean, you saw her run the MS simulator."

Val lifted his head from his arm and let out another sigh. He didn't know what to do, and he didn't like not knowing what to do. Val did know one thing though, he wasn't going to tell Jyotika about this. Takimi was going to stay safe for as long as Val could do anything about it.

"Well, like you said. She'll have to stay here. At least until she heals up. After that, who knows?"

With that, Val turned and left for his office. James nodded and went in the other direction, towards the hanger. Val passed a corner without realizing there was someone resting on the wall in the other hall. Val's thoughts were elsewhere. On Takimi, and the person watching him knew that.

Once Val had vanished down the hall, Lina, who had been leaning against the wall slid down to the floor, with her back still against the wall. Tears filled her eyes and her bottom lip quivered. Was it all for nothing? She loved Val, she had tried to tell him, but hadn't been able to. And now was it all pointless? Did Val love this woman, this woman that he barely even knew? When she, Lina had been sitting here in front of him the entire time? It wasn't fair, life wasn't fair. She stood up and ran down the hall in tears. She eventually reached her office and fell onto the couch she had in there, crying. She cried herself to sleep.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jyotika on Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:22 pm

Jyotika's face loomed over Takimi, its grey pallor glowing with fury. He had learned of her survival through Ka, and had come to finish the job.

Ka, shrouded in his black mask and hood, joined Jyotika, both hovering over Takimi. Takimi wanted to scream, but couldn't find the breath. Both drew black swords, the trademark of the 어두운 별. Suddenly, like dancers performing a deadly ballet. They fought with each other, the black blades skimming off each other, the obsidian sliding on the smooth surface of the other blade.

Then an ivory blade crossed through the other two, shattering them like ebony glass. In the glow of the blade, she could see Val's face and his body emerging from the shadows. At his side stood someone with a head covered in flame. The figure with the flaming head lay down next to Takimi. Val put the sword across their throats, the white blade suddenly glowing. Bringing the sword down, Takimi felt her head leave her body and yet, with her last glimmers of life, she could see the other figure rise, its head still attached, and walk into the mist with Val.

Takimi woke up, drenched in a cold sweat. She was in a darkened medical room, with the curtain drawn around her bed. She was now dressed in a medical robe and her ankle was now in a cast.

Forcing her breath to slow, she closed her eyes and tried to relive it, see what had caused her to wake up so suddenly, but it was like trying to hold water in a sieve. She didn't remember what the dream had contained, and with the way her injuries were throbbing, she no longer cared. She just wanted to sleep.

Just wanted to sleep...

Jyotika
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jyotika on Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:49 pm

Ka slithered through the aerial ducts. The satellite imaging of the base showed that he was once again nearing the hidden hangar of the Deathscythe Hell X. Doing this a second time was all the more dangerous, because the Caligo Umbra would be on the lookout, but Ka's intensive training had led him to believe that it was the best way to go. They were never monitored and the sound of his clothing on the metal was not unlike the hiss of air through the system.

Dropping out of the vent into the darkened hangar, he proceeded to take pictures of the monstrous machine so Jyotika can remold the plans and improve them. All was silent, and the slight click of the microcamera echoed in the large hangar.

"Who's there?"

There was someone there. Someone else in the hangar, who hadn't the sense to turn on the lights. Someone else who was here in secret. It was time to kill.

Landing on the floor of the hangar with an audible thud, Ka let his night senses detect the man walking towards him with his arms outstretched. Pulling a tazer from a pouch inside his cloak he cranked the power to its highest and lunged towards the man.

He jabbed the tongs of the tazer where the eyes presumably were and clicked the power. The man didn't even scream, but was killed almost instantly by synapse overload in his brain.

Time for an alibi.

Removing a screwdriver from the dead man's belt, Ka pried open a section of the unfinished gundam and cut a wire. Turning down the juice on the tazer he blackened the man's right hand. Finally, he planted a small emblem of the terrorists in the man's shoe. If this man was considered a mole, his autopsy would be brief.

Silently, Ka exitted the hangar and left the base. A mysterious death would be enough to compromise the entire operation, and he already had the information he had been sent to get.

Time to return to Jyotika.

Swift as a shadow in the night, Ka was gone.

Jyotika
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:53 pm

The on call Doctor pushed back the curtain when he heard Takimi wake. After checking that everything was alright, the doctor went back to his paper work, leaving the curtain open incase Takimi needed or wanted anything.

At the other end of the base Val had fallen asleep at his desk. Several papers had fallen to the floor, his computer was still on with a few files opened on the screen and a pen was still in his hand. A slight puddle of drool was beginning to form on a sheet of paper that Val's head happened to be resting on, meaning that he'd have to redo that when he woke up.

James was in the mechanics office on the verge of sleep himself. His head was nodding up and down, his eyes slowly closed. The last site he remembered seeing was Lina asleep face first on the couch.

Unknown to anyone in the base, despite the heightened security, a shadowy figure had once again slipped into the hanger, this time for a different mission. The lights were off though there was another presence in the hanger besides the one who had been there before. There was a loud thud that could only be heard by the two in the hanger, and what happened after that became known only to the shadowy figure that escaped once his mission was complete.

Hours later, back in the mechanics office, Lina awoke from her troubled sleep. Every minuet that she had been asleep was plagued by visions of Val and this other, mystery woman, whom Lina had not seen, but appeared as a shapely silhouette in her dreams. Looking around the office, she saw that everyone had gone save for James, who was passed out face first on his desk. Moving quietly she left the mechanic's office and strolled around the base for a while. Seeing as it was somewhere around three in the morning, the only other people about was the night security, who greeted her with friendly, smiling nods. Lina ended up standing in front of the old cargo elevator. She opened the elevator and headed down to the hanger that held the Deathscyth Hell X. She entered her pass code to open the hanger door and stood there, looking at the glowing green eyes that stared at her. After shaking off the scary feeling she always got when opening the dark hanger she turned on the lights and watched as the Deathscyth Hell X was light up. She didn't see the body right away. Instead, she walked forward, keeping her own bright green eyes on the glowing eyes of the Gundam. It wasn't until her foot cam in contact with the body that she looked down. Upon seeing the body her eyes widened and she looked around the hanger frantically, hoping that whoever or whatever had done this wasn’t still in the hanger. After seeing the coast was clear she knelt beside the body and gave it the once over. He had been dead for several hours. She let out a sigh of relief as a calm over took her. She hurried over to the phone and dialed the number for Val's house. After trying several times, she tried the number for his office, maybe he had stayed extremely late to do some work. There was an answer on the first ring, though she wasn't sure it was Val, or even human.

"I...uh...wha-? Hello, who I....what'd ya want?"

"Val, sir?"

"Lina? Oh, hey, what can I do for you?"

"Well, I'm down in the hanger for the DSH-X, and there's a body, here. Someone has been murdered sir"

As soon as she finished speaking sirens blared and red lights flashed. Within five minuets Val, James, and the entire squad of the Caligo Elite were in the hanger, going over it in sweep teams. James was going over the Deathscyth Hell X to see if there was anything damaged. Val was sitting with Lina, making sure she was alright. The Caligo Elites had finished their search and found nothing.

"Sir, we can't find anything. The only thing that looks like it has been messed with is a single panel on the leg of the DSH-X."

"You OK Lina?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Nothing happened. I just came here and found him."

Val leaned forwards and embraced her in a tight hug. Lina's eyes widened as she felt his arms embrace her. She let out a soft sigh as she relaxed in his arms. It was like a piece of heaven. She closed her eyes and gently put her arms around Val. James stepped forward and let out a loud false cough. Lina opened her eyes and pulled her arms back, maybe a little too quickly. Val released his hold on her and looked over to James.

"As far as I can tell, the only thing that was messed with is a single wire and a piece of the leg which was pried off to get access. It looks like he fried himself trying to do something to the DSH-X. And, we found this on the guys boot. It's a symbol that matches that of the symbol on the flag you took from the assassin."

Val nodded and waved James and the Caligo Elites off. Then looked back to Lina, we was sitting in the same position, looking down at the floor, blushing intensely. This time Val saw, and it hit him all at once. It made sense now, why a sixteen year old would want to sign up with a military group, why, when not chosen she stole away with them. She hadn't joined for the group or the cause, she joined for him. Val let out a slight sigh and smiled. She was beautiful, just as beautiful as Takimi was, well, more beautiful now, as Takimi was in almost a complete body cast.

"Come on Lina, it's been a long night. You might as well come home with me. I mean back to the house where James and I are staying. I think you deserve to spend at least one night in luxury."

Val stood up and headed out of the hanger. Lina hurried to catch up with him and clung to his arm as they walked out the hanger.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:26 am

It was the bright sun that woke him up. Val used his left arm to cover his eyes and let out a groan. He wasn't sure what time it was, and he really didn't care. Right now there was only one thing on his mind, breakfast. Val stood up and stumbled before using the chair that he had apparently slept in to catch his balance. Why had he slept in the chair? That could wait until after breakfast. Val stumbled down both flights of stairs and rounded the corner into the kitchen. He took a deep breath and smiled at the smell of fresh bacon, eggs, waffles and pancakes. Man, James certainly could whip up a good meal.

"Wait a second. James can't cook anything that involves more work than taking something out of a box and putting it in the microwave."

As if on cue, Lina cam strolling out of the pantry wearing his trench coat, and Val couldn't be sure, but it looked like that was all she was wearing. Val stared at her blankly as she walked over to him.

"James may not be able to cook, but I can."

Lina stood on her tippy toes and gently kissed him on the cheek. Val continued to stand there, trying with all his might to recall what had happened after they left the hanger last night, well, earlier this morning. Lina saw the extremely confused look and his face and giggled, covering her mouth with her hands.

"What's the matter? Was everything so amazing that you're mind can't even comprehend it?" Lina said with a michevious grin on her face.

"I..we...what happened?"

"Oh nothing, so don't worry about it. We got back here, you gave me a quick tour then fell asleep in that chair. So I, uh, slept in your bed. I hope you don't mind."

"Oh, so nothing, happened." Val said with a mix of realief and dissapointment.
"So what was that kiss for?"

"Just for being sweet and nice. Ya know inviting me back here for the night."

"Oh. Well, you're, uh, welcome. And thanks for breakfast."

"Breakfast? You think I made you breakfast?! This is for me! I swear all you men are alike. A woman makes food and they instantly assume that it's for them. The nerve of you people I swear that if....."

Lina couldn't hold out anymore. She started laughing and had to use the counter to keep from falling to the floor. Val stood there with a confused look on his face. For a seconds he actually thought he had offened her. It was baout this time that James walked it. He stopped next to Val and looked back and forth between Val, who was standing there, dumbfounded, and Lina, who was laughing so hard she couldn't stand, and appeared to only be wearing Val's trench coat. James shrugged, walked over to the pile of bacon, grabbed a few pices and walked back out of the kitchen. James got about five stepps before his brain clicked and put things together. Val had slep with his best technication! James popped his head back into the kitchen to watch. Lina had finally stopped laughing and was taking deep breaths to try and calm herself. James couldn't see Val's face, but he assumed that Val was still wearing the dumbfounded expression on his face.

"Sorry, I couldn't help myself, it was just too good to pass up. Yes, this breakfast is for you, I've had mine already. Well I'm going to go take a shower. I'll be down in a bit. No peaking!"

With that she gave Val another peck on the cheek and went skipping out of the kitchen, ignoring James who was sttempting to be stealthy about listening in and watching. After Lina had gone up the first flight of stairs, James strolled into the kitchen and put his hand on Val's shoulder.

"So, did you two have fun last night?" James asked with a shit eating grin on his face.

"I don't know. I don't remember anything after the hanger. She says we came back and I fell asleep in a chair."

"So you two didn't uh, ya know?"

"I don't remember. She says we didn't so I'll just have to go with that."

Val finally shook the dumbfounded look from his face and took a seat and begain breakfast. This was turning out to be one wierd day, and it had only just begun.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:50 am

Lina had finished her shower and was backdown staird before Val and James were even half wasy done with the meal she had spent hours making for them. She was still wearing Val's trench coat, ontly in was undone now so the two guys could see she was wearing cloths undreneath, Val's cloths. She had on a pair of his desert style camouflage cargo pants and a white sleevless shirt, which would allow a nice view from the side, if she removed the trench coat, which, Val assumed, is why she still has it on. James didn't notice, or didn't care about what she was wearing. He was too busy enjoying this piping hot meal.

"So boys, what's next on the list?"

Both Val and James stopped eating and looked up at her with puzzled looks on thier faces. Lina let out a sigh.

"About the guy that was in the hanger last night?"

"Oh, well, when we get there, I'll have people start sealing up air ducts, ventelation shafts, anything that may have allowed someone to get in."

"And I'm going to have a talk with Jyotika. Some of these things just don't add up. Plus, I've been going over troop layouts that Takimi gave us. We have a complete foot hold on Asia, but almost no troops in Australia. I think we need to make a move before there's any chance of resistance."

Both Lina and James nodded. Val wasn't sure if they agreed with him or were just following what appeared to be an order. Another few minuets passed and Val finished. He stood up, thanked Lina for the breakfast again headed off towards the base. After he was gone, Lina took a seat in the chair that was had been seated in and looked to James a let out a deep sigh.

"Don't worry Lina. Everything will come to you in due time. Until then, you'll juat have to be paitent and wait."

Lina nodded and sighed again.

"I'm just not sure. I mean, he really seems attracted to this Takimi woman. I don't know if I could compete with that."

James stood up and walked behind her and put his hands on her shoulders.

"Don't worry, I really odn't hink you have anything to worry about. Thanks for breakfast, I'll go ahead and clean it up, you go and get to work alright?"

Lina looked up and smiled.

"Yes sir, thank you sir."

With that she stood up and bounded out of the kitchen and off to the base. James looked at all the dishes that were piled all over the kitchen and groaned. Why did Val have all the luck?

At the base, Val had sent a message to Jyotika outlineing a plan for an advance on Austrailia. Since it was officially part of the Asia Nation, there would be no contestant for the land, the people, or the MS factories there. Once that was done Val looked at the clock. It was already after four in the afternoon.

"Well, time flies when you're having fun."

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby black_fire_101 on Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:14 pm

Black stilleto boot heels clicked against the floor, making their way along the hall. Long black hair was tied into twin buns that sat neatly ontop of a young woman's head. Creamy white skin framed brilliantly purple eyes, something that had run in her family for generations amoung females, that flowed to full pink lips. She wore an old black Jacket cropped off just beneath her bust line showing beneath it the signature black tank top with it's skull and cross bones across the front that met a pair of light blue jeans. She stopped, as she passed the kitchen peeking in and giving James a little wave.

"Hey you! guess who's back?"

She left simply with that and a little wink as she hurried along the hall to the room she so clearly remebered standing outside of a few months ago before being hurtled out into space on a mission, although slightly boring, she had just completed. All that was left now was to report... The hard part. She was an amazing spy, no doubt, but she had a problem keeping on task... 'in. report. out. Thats all there is to it... in. report. out. No small talk today... you'll just make a fool of yourself like last time.

She sighed then drew in a deep breath gathering her courage. Alright. Here we go.. No turning back. She said to herself more to reassure herself than anything and lefted her hand to knock gently on Val's door.

black_fire_101
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:04 pm

Val had been in his office for somewhere around twenty minuets, enough time to send a message to Jyotika and relax a bit. There was a soft knock on his door. 'Now who the hell could that be? James doesn’t knock that softy and Lina should be in the hanger.'

"Come on in"

Val watched as the door opened slowly and a familiar face poked through the open door. 'Oh crap, let the shit hit the fan. This is girl number three.'

"You're back. It's been a while. What have you got for me?"

Val asked with a puzzled look on his face, because honestly, he didn't remember exactly who she was or what he had sent her to do. But he did remember one thing, she was very attractive, both in face and in body, and that's just what he didn't need right now, a third drop dead beautiful girl hanging around him. Well he'd just have to deal.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jyotika on Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:48 pm

The phone rang in Jyotika's private chambers. He had been sleeping and was not in the mood to converse.

"What is it?"

"Sir, we've detected four large MS entering Earth's atmosphere. One registers large amounts of Gundanium."

Jyotika smiled despite his anger.

"Very well, spring the trap when they least expect it. Now don't bother me until they're all dead."

He hung up the phone and fell asleep again. Honestly, couldn't anyone do anything on their own?

Jyotika
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby black_fire_101 on Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:53 pm

There was a slight pause between the soft knock and the reply that came within. She even though, for if but a second, that Val had not heard her and had raised her hand to knock yet again.

"Come on in"

She exhaled and opened the door slowly peaking her head through the door to look at Val before completely pulling herself into the room and securly shutting the door, spending more time than nessisary at such a meaningless task. She mentally scolded her self for her cowardice and drew herself up to her full hieght of 5'7"

"You're back. It's been a while. What have you got for me?"

She studied his features for a mintue noticing the slight tilt of his head, which told her he had forgotten something. A normal person would have overlooked such a simplistic detail, but not Nevaeh.

" Nevaeh Sterling, here to report on the "Deffenders" situation. They're still stationed outside of the 13th colony... information is limited though sir... I couldn't retrieve much more.

She said this last with a bit of a droop in her voice. She was good in her feild-Excellent maybe- but this lack of iformation was killing her. That was probably the shortest report she had ever given in her career.

Her eyes hadn't lleft the ground since she walked in the room remaining transfixed on the ground in front of her, but just for a second she chanced a glance upwards at her boss... was that a smile on his face?

black_fire_101
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:29 pm

"Yes, well I didn't expect too much more info on them. After all, nobody knows too much about them, well nobody that will talk anyways."

Val looked back down at the papers on his desk, he really wasn't doing anything, but he tried to make it look that way. He wasn't exactly sure what to do or what to say. Val let out a slight cough.

"Well, yes, thank you Neveah. I'm sure you've had a long and hard trip. Why don't you go and get settled in and relax for a bit alright? I'll come find you in an hour or so, just to catch up. Until then you're to relax. That's an order, got it?"

Val smiled and waited for her to leave. One the door was shut Val let out sigh and stared at the door. It had been a close call, but Val sure she knew something was up.

"She has no idea what's been going on the last few days. I've got to remember to fill her in when I meet with her later. This will be a lot for her to take in. I mean, we just moved from fighting for the colonies, to doing nothing to trying to take over the colonies. It's a good thing I never intended to go though with this. I wish I had more information on theses so called "Defenders" maybe there's still a hope to..........."

Before he could finish, a bright blue light began flashing in his office, and all over the interior of the base, but no siren was sounded. An attack. But by who? Well it didn't matter, Val didn't think Jyotika was going to get out of this situation in the same position he had entered it. Val quickly dropped into his chair and activated the sensors around the base.

"Whoever they are, they landed closer to my little base than to Jyotika's main base. I can use this to my advantage."

Quickly he went over the specs of the mobile suits, but only one caught his eye. It was a Gundam, the Epiphany. Didn't that belong to a member of the Defenders? It looked like this was going to be his one and only shot, and he prayed to whatever god's may be watching him that it worked. Val hurried out of his office, only taking time to grab his trench coat and Quarterstaff. He hurried to the furthest end of the base, where the single construction MS factory was. The Caligo Umbra still didn't have it up and running, but Val was sure that the Defenders didn't know that, which meant they'd probably still try to take it out, unless someone else beat them to it. Quickly, Val activated the production and made sure everything was running well beyond the factories limitation, to the point of overheating, which is exactly what he wanted. Taking a deep breath, he set two explosive charges. One on the main computer, the second inside a MS that was around half built, that had been there since somewhere around AC 194 from Val's best guess. Taking one last look around the area he opened the doors to the end of the base, which was accompanied by an extremely loud siren, to warn those in the area about an exiting MS and bright yellow flashing warning lights. There was no way The Defenders could miss it. Once the doors were open, Val saw that the four MS were already on their way and closing to attack distance. He ran out through the doors and hit the trigger on the detonator he was holding and the factory went up in an explosion just as the beam sabers on the MS ignited. The explosion was a bit bigger than Val had intended and as a result, he was sent flying forwards a good thirty yards and landed with a loud thud and a crack on the pavement outside the factory, right in the flashing yellow warning lights. It wasn't exactly what he had planned, but it still hade the same effect, at lest he hoped it would.

Val was sure nobody in the base would be hurt by the explosion. He had set it so it wouldn't reach past the factory, but still, it was a risk that needed to be taken.

OOC: From this point Val will be in Defensive maneuvers. Lina and James will still be here

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jyotika on Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:08 am

A shy beam of sunlight reached into Jyotika's bedroom, illuminating the room in predawn light. The dust floated in the air, giving the light an ethereal effect. Jyotika was already awake. In his hand, he held the phone that had delivered the news.

Somehow, beyond all possibility, three Taurus and a Gundam had defeated fifty of his Mobile Suits, an entire factory and vanguard put to waste by four lucky bastards.

That wasn't the least of it.

Val's turrets had gone online in the last moments of battle, ridding the air of the remaining Aires while the defenders escaped into space. Val had betrayed him. Val, who he had a gentleman's agreement with, had turned and shot down his first Aires pilots.

Hanging up the phone, he picked it up again and pressed one number.

"Ka. I have a job for you."

Jyotika
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:41 am

It wasn't even an hour after the battle had finished before the Caligo Umbra had boared the Absloution and begun their return to Antioc. Val, having no idea how Jyotika waould react to his brash and sudden actions decided not to take any chances, besides a small base in Asia wasn't worth the lives of his troops.

OOC: Looks like from this point I'll be back in the North America Nation, and I'll expect to see ka there somtime soon, though Val won't. This could be fun!

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Previous

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.