Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

A Bloodless Coup

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

A Bloodless Coup

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jyotika on Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:02 pm

The predawn light cast a gray glow on the dilapidated Laosian government mansion. Within, the misty scent of moss and mold flittered through the air, growing on the ancient paintings of long-dead dictators, all wearing grim, statuesque looks, sneering at passersby. The only room that did not contain the signs of aging was the presidential office. Fully maintained in its limited splendor, a carpet of the Laos flag lay freshly vacuumed on the floor infront of a well-polished oaken desk.

The presidential mansion had not received electrical power for many years, but a small, battery-operated television was playing on the desk, on its screen a handsome middle-aged man within the cockpit of a Gundam, the Tallgeese IV, to be exact. He was making a speech over and over again, calling the forces of Earth to converge on the colonies that had been born of Earth, but showed no gratitude.

Like humanity towards its God... no gratitude for its existance.

That wasn't the issue now, not for Jyotika.

The man behind the desk seemed to be a ghost, his pale asian features blended with his grey eyes and hair. He was much younger than he looked, but a life raised in the poverty in Laos led to early aging. Changing the channel on the small television, he watched as thousands of soldiers stormed the government palaces of China, Japan, the Koreas, New Vietnam, India, and Pakistan all in turn. The people of Laos would soon realize their own power, sitting idly in the cradle of Asia while the great powers warred themselves into weakness, and like the powerful vulture, Laos would come in to finish off the fighters and claim the kills for itself.

Jyotika moved like a snake rearing to strike, his arm arched over to press the record button on the camera sitting on the desk. He smiled as his image appeared on the television he was watching, and presumably, all the televisions in Asia and most of Oceana. The smile wasn't pretty, his grey teeth blended too well with the rest of his features.

"People of Asia and Oceana, listen well."

His voice was reminiscent of black, curling smoke, he waited for television viewers to give him their full attention.

"My name is Jyotika. As you have all heard, your government buildings have all been stormed by the Laosian military, yes, that's right. Laos still has an army, and plenty of stores for anyone who dares oppose us. Once again, I am Jyotika, leader of the Laos military, and now, leader of Asia and Oceana. If anyone objects to this rule, too bad."

"These, rather strong actions were inspired by the Earth's illustrious leader, Milliardo Peacecraft, who with his Gundam will lead us to victory against the Colonial forces. Already he has ensured that their information systems have been cut off, and his Talgeese IV is sure to become a symbol of Earth's might. My supporters and myself are all in allegiance with his actions."

"I am now the leader of Asia and all countries bordering the northern and eastern Indian Ocean."

Jyotika knew one thing. His word was now law, and the law always favors the powerful.

Step one on his agenda was complete.

Once again, with the fluidity of a snake, Jyotika arched his arm and turned off the camera, sending the television audience into a stark blackness.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jyotika
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jyotika on Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:49 pm

As promised, it was bloodless, completely bloodless. It took a few hours to get through all of the resistance, but it was all according to plan. It had even gone better than expected. Not a single Laos soldier was lost.

The procedure was the same in all of the countries. The footsoldiers led themselves into the government buildings, toting large arms for intimidation, they sent out a challenge to anyone daring to fight them. If anyone stepped forward, the 어두운 별, the Dark Stars would come forth, trained night assassins who would make a few precise, deadly strikes and the uprisers would fall, broken, shattered even, but there was no blood, not even a trickle from the dead lips.

Wordplay.

A bloodless coup. Jyotika was a man of his word, and he could twist the words to suit him, even when it seemed impossible. It had taken years for him to develop the 어두운 별, years of training young men to feel no remorse for killing, then how to kill as though it were an art. There were many deaths during the training, but it insured only the most bloodthirsty, if not the strongest made it through training. More than a few times, he had seen a secret blade drawn and used on a stronger opponent.

Lost in reminiscing, Jyotika forgot his primary objective for the moment. Quickly heading back to his television, he scanned through the channels. The view from the cameras was most delightful. On nearly every station, pictures of Jyotika himself were cropping up, and the scroller read in all the languages that he was now the unopposed leader of his realm. Picking up his phone, he systematically checked in with all of his leaders. They had all succeeded in their blitzkreig of the individual countries. Asia was no longer a primitive and ancient society, focusing on tradition and the past, but a single, unified unit which would make use of its billions-strong workforce, this unstoppable power would be the workhorse factory of new MS, pilots, and their support. Like a swarm of locusts would the Asian forces ascend to the colonies, destroying them with sheer numbers. The Asian mindset was already perfect: All for one's country. Like the famed japanese kamikazi fighters would the Asian nations send themselves into battle, without a chance of returning.

That was war in its full beauty. People throwing their lives into the mist, all for a cause.

In this case, the cause was Jyokita himself,

This suited him perfectly.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jyotika
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:29 pm

Val sat with his number two and best friend, watching the most current broadcast. James looked over to Val, expecting to see a disturbed look on his face; instead, Val had a smile on his face.

"Well, I didn't see this one coming. Maybe we should have, huh, James? I mean, with Millardo back in action.

"Maybe we should have, but who would have thought that the Laos still had an army? Let alone enough to launch a coordinated attack like this. And now they're planning an attack on the colonies? I don't think this is what Millardo had in mind."

"Either do I my friend, either do I."

With that, Val got up and walked over to a computer, opened up a communication link and began typing. After a few minuets he finished the message and sent it. They still had a communication link with the Asian Government, maybe it was still up and if it was, the message would get through.

"Come my friend, it looks like we have a lot more work to do they I originally thought. This is something we cannot avoid getting involved in."

Val turned and left the room, leaving the TV on, which was playing through the message again. James hurried out after him. Val smiled to himself as he walked down the hall and went over the message he had just sent in his head.

Jyotika, my name is Val Thrall. Most likely you have never heard my name. But you must know that I, along with others have always supported Millardo in the open and in the shadows. If you believe what you are doing right now is what Lord Millardo wants, you are mistaken.

Then Val had inserted Millardo's message into his own. "People of earth. I am Milliardo Peacecraft of the Sanc kingdom. Over the years I have noticed how our peace has fallen into crime and corruption as well as manipulation. I have found the answer within our past. The Gundams. Many of you may disagree with this though it is what will protect our freedom for our children and help maintain a secure empire as earth. Now is the time to rise up from your lives and start something great. Throw away your sympathy and empathy and join the side of peace and freedom for our successors. I cannot make you change your simple ways of living, only you can pull that trigger to dullen your heart. But can I ask you something? Do you really think that peace will last without defense? We are open to attack, and now, if they attack, I will be ready, will you? Will you be able to silence that overgrowing feeling of regret? Will you be able to become more than just a cog in the system? Will you get in the cockpit of a mobile suit and FIGHT for your lives? Can you?... Behold the world we live in today..."

Millardo wants the people of Earth to be able to defend themselves. He doesn't want to launch an invasion, at least not yet. If you truly wish to follow Millardo then join us, or allow us to join you, to truly fulfill Lord Millardo's wishes. I'm sure by the time that you finish reading this; you'll know how to get in touch with me. I'll be waiting for your reply. Sincerely, Val Thrall.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jyotika on Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:58 pm

Jyotika sat back and watched as his plan grew into fruition. His phone was now full of messages proclaiming that smaller countries had sworn their allegiance to him and his leadership. It was brilliance. Never before had Asia shined so brightly.

Now, where was the opposition?

"Lord Jyotika?"

Ah yes, there it was.

"Enter."

Takimi entered the room, her head bowed, a sheet of paper held close to her. Jyotika enjoyed his relationship with Takimi, even if her secretary skills were sub-par. She was a distinguished lover, and had cost him a pretty penny. Her skills as a slave were absolute, she had been born into it and would live it until she died, or be freed when her work was no longer productive and Jyotika would buy a new one.

"Give it here."

No formalities, no sense of humanity. Takimi was not to realize that she was human. No sense of humanity, no sense of human rights. For this reason, Takimi was Jyotika's masterpiece. She was beautiful, and did not know it, she was smart, but not smart enough to realize it, she was ambitious in bed, but not in life, a beautiful mixture of personalities.

With full seriousness, Jyotika read the note. After absorbing the information, stood up, and slapped Takimi.

"I'm not interested in such dribble! I will not accept you wasting my time with garbage like this! Now that I've accepted it, through you, I have to have the courtesy to respond. Now get off the ground and take note."

With a strange grace for a woman who was struck to the ground, Takimi pulled out a sheet of paper and pen.

"There has never been a protracted war from which a country has benefited. That's by Sun Tzu. Be sure to send that to Lord Val. He should be happy to get that much of a response from me. Now go, I expect you to be rested for this evening"

Without so much as a word, Takimi left with the message in hand.

Jyotika
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jyotika on Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:51 am

Jyotika pondered his next tactic in solitude. The comforts of the presidental office were too comfortable for any real thought to occur. In the back of his mind, he wondered if such luxury seperated the previous presidents from their duties to the lower classes. It was probably true, but without such a perspective, he would never know.

Jyotika stood in the grand hall, where aged and greying portraits lined the walls, each one showing a failed president. Jyotika was so much a shade of grey himself, that he could have been mistaken for a portrait himself. The stillness of the air pressed in on him, he could only take silence and contemplation for so long before he had to act. Inaction was worse than no action at all. If the enemy was watching you, lack of movement and drive was a sign of panic.

The air was still, but not still.

Jyotika turned with a grey smile to a shadow, just out of the light of a large window. These meetings were always unexpected, but welcome. Dressed completely in black, with only eyeholes to allow black eyes to see, standing still as night, was Ka, the best of the 어두운 별. Ka killed without thought, could lead a battalion of special agents or soldiers, and best of all, never considered using his skills for anything or anyone but Jyotika.

Jyotika allowed himself a grey smile.

"I take it everything went well?"

Silence answered. Ka never spoke, it was only through crude writing that Jyotika learned the assassin's name. It took Jyotika a long time to become accustomed to the silence that followed him, but Ka was so reliable, that silence was a small price to pay for such efficiency.

"Did you have to kill anyone?"

A slight incline of the head behind the headsheet was all the answer Jyotika needed.

"I have no more errands for you. You are dismissed."

Without even raising dust on the unswept floor, Ka disappeared into the shadows. Jyotika never knew what Ka did when he wasn't working, but as long as he continued to turn up when needed, he didn't care.

Ka and Takimi, two beautifully molded people. Jyotika was exceptionally proud of his two trophies, as they were a testament to his skills as a manipulator. With luck, his skills would transfer to the world stage, and he could turn Asia into a working wonder.

The phone's ringing shattered the silence like so much glass. Jyotika showed no surprise as his serpentine arms flipped it open.

"Yes? So Australia has given in as well? Very good, have my picture on their televisions within the hour. Keep an eye on the populace though, they're not like us. The Australians are... less able to accept change. If any show signs of resistance, kill them."

Jyotika
Member for 13 years

어두운 별

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jyotika on Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:59 pm

The sun was setting over the forests in the west. Jyotika watched it with indifference. What were those romanticized ideas about sunsets anyway? A sunset somewhere was a sunrise elsewhere.

The watch on his arm struck 1830 just as Takimi knocked on the door to the presidential office.

"Enter."

Takimi glided into the room, a folder held gently in her arms. She placed it on Jyotika's desk and went into the corner, out of sight until he needed her. This was not a part of her training, but self-taught from the fear of being assaulted should she distract her master.

Jyotika went through the variety of reports with indifference. He had been expecting these reports, and through the bureaucratic bullshit, everything was going according to plan. Mobile Suit factories would be up and running within the week. Unemployment was suddenly decreasing, since many were now motivated to work under a new ruler. The news was all wonderful, but that was to be expected, the beginning of all things was easy, it was maintanence and balance that caused the end of many regimes.

After signing the paperwork, Jyotika leaned back in his seat with a smile. This was Takimi's cue to take it away. Like a ghost, she scooped up the papers and placed them in the folder. She was almost out the door when Jyotika spoke.

"Stop. Come here."

Without hesitation, from fear of retribution, rather than enthusiasm, Takimi strode up to Jyotika's desk.

"Put that folder down. Entertain me. Entertain your new leader."

Placing the folder and its contents neatly on the table, Takimi took a few steps away from the desk and began dancing to nonexistant music, her lithe and limber Vietnamese body twisting and bouncing suggestively. She unbuttoned the jacket of her business suit, leaving it on the carpet of the Laosian flag.

Jyotika watched her dance with feigned interest, she had done this style so many times before, the eroticism had escaped it. It was still a good warm up for the exercises to be held later.

As the last articles of clothing fell to the floor, Takimi continued to dance, and Jyotika smiled.

It was good to be leader.

Jyotika
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:31 pm

Val sat at his desk in his office looking over recent files. His mind completely on his task, he hadn't even realized that James had knocked on the door about five minuets ago, and entered the room three minuets ago.

"Uhh.....Sir?"

Val jumped slightly when James spoke and looked up with a look of slight dismay on his face.

"Can't you know before you enter like a normal person?

"I did knock Sir, you didn't answer. Anyways I have a reply from Whatshisname."

"Whatshisname? Oh yeah, you mean that fanatic rebel Jyotika. So what's he got to say? Didn't declare war on us too did he?"

Val let out a slight laugh as James handed over the reply.

"There has never been a protracted war from which a country has benefited. So he likes Sun Tzu does he?"

Val turned to his computer and began typing.

Lord Jyotika, All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him. With all the moves you've been making you are doing everything one should not do. If you wish for this war of you’re to end quickly and decisively, you're on the wrong track. And I have one last quote for you, maybe it will make you think over my offer, and maybe it will not. Either way, I'm sure I'll be hearing from you again soon. Opposing forces may face each other for years, striving for the victory which may be decided in a single day. This being so, to remain in ignorance of the enemy's condition simply because one grudges the outlay of a hundred ounces of silver is the height of stupidity.

One who acts thus is no leader of men, no present help to his cause, no master of victory. Thus, what enables the wise commander to strike and conquer, and achieve things beyond the reach of ordinary men, is foreknowledge. Now this foreknowledge cannot be elicited from spirits; it cannot be obtained inductively from experience, nor by any deductive calculation. Knowledge of the enemy's dispositions can only be obtained from other men.

Hence the use of spies, of whom there are five classes: (1) Local spies - Having local spies means employing the services of the inhabitants of an enemy territory; (2) Moles - Having moles means making use of officials of the enemy; (3) Double agents - Having double agents means getting hold of the enemy's spies and using them for our own purposes; (4) Doomed spies - Having doomed spies means doing certain things openly for purposes of deception, and allowing our spies to know of them and report them to t he enemy; (5) Surviving spies - Surviving spies means are those who bring back news from the enemy's camp.

When these five kinds of spy are all at work, none can discover the secret system. This is called "divine manipulation of the threads." It is the commander's most precious faculty. Hence it is that which none in the whole army are more intimate relations to be maintained than with spies. None should be more liberally rewarded. In no other fields should greater secrecy be preserved.

Sincerely,
Lord Val

After sending the message Val looked up to James with a stern look on his face.

"I want the base on full red alert until I hear back from this guy. We have no idea what reaction we're going to have. Anyone that has business outside the base, any supplies that we need to get must be taken care of in the next three hours. After that, the base is on lock down and no one gets in or out. Understand?"

James nodded. Full Red Alert? They hadn't been on that since the battle of Space Station Libra. Could this man seriously present this much of a challenge? Surely if he was being inspired by Lord Millardo, he wouldn’t actually oppose The Lord, would he? James hurried and left the room and within two minutes Val heard sirens blaring and flashing red lights filled the base. In three hours, they were needed to be ready for anything.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jyotika on Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:15 pm

The double-backed snake writhed on the Laosian flag carpet in the presidential offices, hissing and wriggling as snakes do. The office had received electrical power for the first time in years now that the leader of all Asia was housed there. the lights suddenly flickered to life, stopping the snake's dance against the floor.

Jyotika stood up and marveled the look of the office in its flourescent glow. He sat down at his desk, leaving Takimi on the floor. She sat up and looked at him questioningly.

"Fetch my robe, I'm finished for tonight."

Jyotika sat down at his desk and powered up his laptop that had been long drained of batteries, but contained important information to his leadership. It sprang to life and alerted him that he had an important message from one "Lord Val" who had sent him something regarding his previous message. Like a feather on the wind, Takimi brought Jyotika his robe. He stood up and put out his arms for her to put on his robe, she slid it on him and he sat down again. She stood quietly behind him. She had not been dismissed yet.

Jyotika checked the message, a small grimace crossing his face. When he was done, he knew he had found an ally. Anyone who knew so much about Sun Tzu was obviously someone wise enough to assist him in his fight against the colonies.

Jyotika spoke aloud as he wrote his reply.

"Val,"

He would not give this man the pleasure of a respectful greeting. He was the ruler of all Asia, and would address people any way he pleased.

"I am impressed with your knowledge of Sun Tzu, although anyone could find a list of quotes in a book, but you seem to have taken Tzu's lessons to heart. In regards to your first contact with me, I will first ask if you actually do work for Lord Milliardo himself, secondly, I require what skills you will bring to my aid should I choose to accept your help.

Since I find the tedium of mail time-consuming and inefficient, I'll send my assistant Takimi to pick you up. You can expect my helicopter soon. I will warn you now, if you harm my ship in any way, I will find a way for you to make reperations.

Jyotika,
Leader of Asia and Oceana."

Jyotika finished his letter and sent it. He knew without looking that Takimi had absorbed everything he had written.

"Get clothed and go. You'll know where to go. Ensure that these guests are comfortable."

Silently, and almost beautifully, Takimi walked from the room, leaving Jyotika on his own. Leaning back in his chair, he blessed his good fortune.

Jyotika
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:52 pm

The sirens in the base silenced and the flashing lights came to a halt. Everyone in the base stopped what they were doing and looked towards the speaking waiting for the announcement they knew was about to come.

"My brothers and sisters, I apologize for getting everyone worked up, but rest assured that we can now relax. Whatever attack that could have been planned will not happen. The base will remain on Orange Alert for the time being. Over and out."

After making his announcement to the rest of the group, Val turned to his computer and looked over the message once again. 'Taken Sun Tzu's teachings to heart? You have no idea.' Val thought and smiled. Closing his eyes for a second he let out a breath, opened his eyes and began typing.

Lord Jyotika,
First I report, that sadly, neither I nor any of my men have ever worked directly for Lord Millardo. However, the majority of us were involved in the battle at Space Station Libra, on the side of White Fang. Now, I assume that being on the side of White Fang may not impress you, seeing as the views of White Fang most defiantly clash with your own. But that is where Lord Milliardo was, and we were there. Secondly, as to what skills could an alliance bring you. As you have most certainly gathered for yourself, we have an intense network of communication running through a majority of the governments here on Earth and a few in the Colonies. Also, every member of our group is highly trained in what they do, everyone from myself down to the technicians that keep our lights and food storages up and running are at the top of their game twenty four-seven.

I thank you for your time and for consideration in sending a Helicopter to retrieve me. As for any damage that my come to your craft, I can assure you that none shall come from me or any of my men. I will come alone and unarmed.

I'm looking forward to any meetings that may be set up between us or any member of your staff.

Sincerely,
Lord Val.

After sending the letter, Val closed down his computer and left his office. Walking through the halls he watched the people going about their different duties and smiled, knowing that he had not lied, and that everyone here was the best there was. Reaching the main room, Val walked over to James and whispered in his ear.

"Jyotika is sending someone to collect me. I'd like to have you come along, but I'm not sure what reaction that would receive, so I'm going alone, and unarmed, to show that we truly mean no harm. I'm leaving you in charge, but I assume that you already knew that. I'll be back soon. Take care."

Val left the base and waited outside on the Helipad. He lit a cigarette as he looked up at the sky, waiting for the helicopter.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jyotika on Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:17 pm

Takimi's helicopter glided over the surrounding terrain. She had only recently received the coordinates of Val's headquarters. In a gesture of openness, Jyotaki had allowed her to pilot a Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey, so Val could bring himself and twenty of his men along if he felt like bringing protection. It also doubled as a statement of Jyotaki's sudden, new power. However, sitting in one of the passenger seats, was a member of the 어두운 별, to further the sense of imperial might and show that there were indeed well-trained shadow stalkers that could be anywhere.

Takimi brought the V-22 down on the helipad, where a lone man waited with a cigarette. The winddraw from the 'copter blew it out. As the rotors slowed into silence, Takimi let down the stairs and descended them, flaunting her Japanese grace. She stood aside and bowed to the man as he boarded. He said something along the lines of a greeting, but she did not speak nor make eye contact.

Heading back into the cockpit, she found that the man had taken the copilot seat, he hadn't even gone into the back to see the 어두운 별 agent... No need to worry about that now, she knew that she could hold off an assault long enough to cry for help.

The helicopter lifted off and headed back to Laos.

Jyotika
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:30 am

'A V-22? Man this guy doesn't play around.' Val though as he took the co-pilots seat. 'And it was very nice of him to send such a beautiful lady to escort me. Though I doubt that's all he sent.'

Val looked out the window and watched as the base slowly drew further and further away. Val let out a sigh and began to think. 'A V-22 can carry the two man crew plus twenty armed passengers. And all he sends is his beautiful sectary? No, there's bound to be someone in the back, an armed guard at least. Not that it matters, this meeting is on his terms not mine and I told him that no harm would come to his vessel or his crew and I plan to stand by my word. He must have expected me to bring along some of my men. Oh well, too late for that.'

Val drifted off without knowing it and only woke up when he felt the rutters of the chopper hit the ground on the landing. He sat up and yawned slightly, looking around. Getting up from his seat he deboarded the chopper and stood on the ground waiting for instruction as to where he was to proceed next. He assumed at he was to follow the beautiful Japanese women so he waited for her to finish with the chopper. 'This guy wants to meet with me badly or I'm walking right into a trap. Maybe both.' Val thought

"Well, live and learn" He said aloud, not exactly sure what kind of response he would get, and not really caring one way or another.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jyotika on Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:52 pm

Jyotika sat at his desk, muttering with frustration. People, overzealous with a patriotic sense of duty, had just turned up at the mansion and had begun cleaning it, modifying it to be useful to a leader in this current century. He wished that they would spend their energy in a more productive manner than cleaning when MS factories needed to be built, most were just old women glad to see the end of so many undocumented battles between countries, so he allowed them to have the pleasure of feeling important enough to scrub hallways and dust old shelves filled with historical bric-a-brac and other nonsense.

The sound of the helicopter landing behind the mansion was a welcome relief. Takimi had come back ahead of schedule and had undoubtably brought his guest as well. It was time for some important business to happen.

Taking out some papers, he started making standard confirmations that factories were being built. He actually allowed himself a smile when he read that MS production would begin in less than a week in the industrial areas of Japan and China. Other countries would be able to begin production soon after. The first few squadrons of MS would be ready for pilot-training in the coming month. Already at least ten-thousand young men had signed on for MS flight training, not including nonmilitary.

There was a knock at the door, no doubting who was on the other side.

"Enter."

Takimi gracefully entered the room, followed by a man with the swagger of a pilot and a leader. Jyotika placed his papers aside, they could wait a few hours if need be.

"My lord, I have brought Lord Val as you asked. He decided to come alone."

"Silence. I do not need such useless information."

Even before he was through speaking, Takimi was back in her corner. Jyotika gestured for Val to take a seat opposite his desk in a handsome hand-carved chair made from Laosian maple, which one of the old crones had found while cleaning a storage room upstairs. It was certainly nicer than the chair Jyotika was seated in at the moment, he would have to take it for his own when this meeting was over.

"Now, I believe we have some business to discuss, Val."

Jyotika skipped the usual political niceties, more to show that he would not be dancing the political word waltz with this man.

"I will ask you first and foremost... What's in this for me?"

Jyotika
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:10 pm

Val entered the room and thanked Takimi for her assistance and slightly raised an eyebrow at Jyotika's comment towards her.
He bowed slightly to Jyotika before he took his seat. 'Right to the point, I like this guy.' Val thought before he said anything.

"For most you will have complete access and use of another base. While not completely operational, it is still more than equipped to handle anything thrown at it short of a nuclear holocaust. The entire island is abandoned as a result of a failed attempt to build a MS factory there. They failed because they were attempting to build a mass production factory, but the island was too small for that, but it is the ideal size for a single construction factory, a factory that could build one MS at a time. In fact my team and I have already began preparations to make the factory active again. With the position of this base, just off the coast of The North American Nation, a strike could easily be planned and executed anywhere along the east coast with extreme easy. Also there are more, smaller bases around the world, like the one where I am currently residing, these can and will also be placed at your disposal. Secondly, you will have my entire crew at your disposal, for anything short of suicide missions. Finally, as I have already informed you, there is the matter of our extensive communication network that, as you can see, has very few places it cannot penetrate."

Val cleared his throat and folded his hand together as he finished speaking, looking into Jyotika's eyes, waiting for his response or next question. He was confident that he had said more than enough to impress this man, especially with the MS factory on the island. Val had no idea of the status of the MS factories in the areas that Jyotika now controlled, but he knew that one more could never hurt.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jyotika on Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:17 pm

"For most you will have complete access and use of another base. While not completely operational, it is still more than equipped to handle anything thrown at it short of a nuclear holocaust."

That was most likely an exaggeration, but any defence was better than none at all.

"The entire island is abandoned as a result of a failed attempt to build a MS factory there. They failed because they were attempting to build a mass production factory, but the island was too small for that, but it is the ideal size for a single construction factory, a factory that could build one MS at a time."

Wonderful, although Asia would be able to produce hundreds upon hundreds of MS, it was known that quantity was always obtained at the cost of quality. If this man had quality pilots at his command, he could produce quality suits that could lead the squadrons of lesser-quality traniees.

"In fact my team and I have already began preparations to make the factory active again. With the position of this base, just off the coast of The North American Nation, a strike could easily be planned and executed anywhere along the east coast with extreme easy. Also there are more, smaller bases around the world, like the one where I am currently residing, these can and will also be placed at your disposal. Secondly, you will have my entire crew at your disposal, for anything short of suicide missions. Finally, as I have already informed you, there is the matter of our extensive communication network that, as you can see, has very few places it cannot penetrate."

A spy network, certainly not along the same lines as the 어두운 별, but certainly helpful.

Jyotika sat in silence, thinking deliberately about his decision, although he had already made it.

"Very well, in exchange, I offer dual citizenship for all your men and amnesty in my country, as long as they don't abuse it. Your MS pilots will train my newest pilots after building some strong MS for themselves. You will have no place in this government. You will be nothing but a hired party, but you will behave like any officer in my military, do you understand?"

There was no need for affirmation. Surely this man had qualitities that made him a great leader, but what kind of man was he?

"Drinks. Sake with lemon. And for you?"

He gestured to Val. He shook his head as Takimi left the room.

"You don't approve of my ownership of Takimi."

It was a statement, not a question.

"Understand that where she is from, a life of servitude to me is better than what she will return to. Things in my culture dictate such things as acceptable. Please feel free to use Takimi as you see fit. She knows many things, including how to pilot her own MS."

Takimi returned with a small glass full of sake and lemon. She placed it silently on the desk and returned to her corner. Jyotika did not bother to sip.

"I'm sure we understand each other. Do we?"

Jyotika
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:41 pm

"Yes, Sir. I apologize if I offended you, I meant no disrespect. I just haven't seen a master servant interaction in a very long time. And yes, we understand each other perfectly. Now, if you'll excuse me, I request permission to return to my base and inform my team of the deal."

Val stood and saluted Lord Jyotika, tuned on a quick heel and strode from the room, taking a glance at Takimi. 'You don't approve of my ownership of Takimi. Understand that where she is from, a life of servitude to me is better than what she will return to. Things in my culture dictate such things as acceptable. Please feel free to use Takimi as you see fit. She knows many things, including how to pilot her own MS.' val went over this in his mind and he walked down the hall and out back to the helicopter. This time he climbed into the back passenger section instead of the co-pilot's seat. Finally, after years of being out of action, The Caligo Umbra were back, and this time, val intended to make sure that everybody knew who they were and what they were doing.

Sitting in the helicopter he watched until Jyotika's base was out of sight then pulled a small radio from his trench coat pocket.

"Did you get all that James? We're back in business, I expect to have everything up and running by the time I get back. Contact Home and tell them to get working on the MS factory stat. I want that up and running A.S.A.P. or sooner. Jyotika has big plans, and I'm sure that we'll be involved somewhere."

"Roger that Sir. But, aren't you worried that Jyotika knew you had a radio in you pocket?"

"I'm sure he knew and didn't care. And if he nor anyone in the base noticed, then we'll have to keep our guard up, because I just made one hell of a mistake. But like I said, you've got nothing to worry about. Over and out."

With that, Val turned the radio off and slipped it back into his pocket. He smiled as he tried to imagine how this turn of events would play out.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jyotika on Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:09 am

As the roar of the helicopter faded into the distance, Jyotika shook his head ever so slightly. The man, Val seemed to have everything in line and going well, which usually meant there was something rotten going on beneath the calm, well-maintained surface.

Of course, there was always the possibility Val really did have everything in line, but such cases were rare.

Returning to the computer on his desk, he read the invoice of the proposed MS production, 100 Leos, 75 Aires, and 150 Tragos would be ready by the end of the week. Bless the mindless mechanacious style of the Japanese workforce. The Chinese had a similar report.

Beautiful.

Moving to a different program on his computer, he sent a textual message to Takimi, who was piloting Val back to his base.

"Takimi, I have reason to believe that our guest was wired for broadcast and that his intentions aren't all beneficial to my cause. You are to assist him in whatever he needs. I want reports on his other activities and his computer records, you'll find ten zip drives hidden under your seat that will be able to hold most of his computer information. Return when he either sends you back, or when you fill all ten of the drives. I will contact one of the 어두운 별 in your area, and he'll be there to watch over you in the shadows."

This was a double threat. Takimi would know that she was safe if Val, or any of his men tried to harm her, and that she should not try anything deceitful, lest she find her body shattered and dying on the floor, she had seen how a martial artist chose the organs to rupture, and how to make death swift or agonizing.

"Just remember, Val is a man like any other, and a military man. A woman like you should be a welcome relief to him. Use it to your advantage."

Jyotika sent the message. It would appear onscreen during the postflight check, presumably when Takimi was alone and could read it at her liesure.

For a few minutes, Jyotika considered whether he actually should send one of the 어두운 별 to Val's base. He decided against it. He needed to build Val's trust, and the threat of the 어두운 별 was more than enough to keep Takimi in line.

Jyotika sat back in his new Laosian maple chair and closed his eyes. Had it really been twenty-four hours ago, Asia was in a state of anarchism, with no organization or goals worth speaking of? It was wonderful what a sharp shock to the government could do for a country's overall productivity.

Productivity which would be put to good use.

Milliardo or no, Jyotika had his sights on the world, the colonies, the moon...

Everything.

Jyotika
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:07 pm

After the flight, Val exited the helicopter and nodded thanks to Takimi, knowing that trying to speak over the still running engines was completely pointless. He stepped away from the helicopter and ducked behind a building for just long enough to light a cigarette then popped back into view and strolled off towards his base. He paused slightly when he heard the engines cut off. He was expecting Takimi to take off back to her Master, but this was not so. Once the noise from the helicopter had died off completely, Val turned to see Takimi walking towards him. Had he forgotten something? No, there was no need for her to turn the engines off to return something to him. Apparently she was going to stay, and Val guess that it wasn't her decision to do so, and that he had best not refuse Jyotika's "offer" to leave Takimi with him for the time being, for her sake and for the sake of their newly formed alliance. Val slowed until she caught up with him and he led her to the base in silence.

Once they were in, Val quickly provided her with an up to date map of the base and island, along with directions to the house that he and James shared as a bunk, it was more that large enough to fit her in easy. After quickly letting James know he had returned, he took Takimi on a tour of the base, hoping he'd come off a bit more hospitable to her than Jyotika had come off to him. She was shown everything from the main entrance to the kitchen to Val's personal office even the makeshift recreation hall that they troops had thrown together, though he doubted Takimi would be spending time in there. After the tour, Val took her back to his office and offered her a seat before taking his own.

"I believe that you should have everything you need. Of course I'm sure there are some things I've forgotten, feel free to ask myself or anyone else in the base, they'll point you in the correct direction."

Val rubbed his chin for a few seconds in thought.

"Well, feel free to do whatever it is you stayed here to do, but I'm afraid I must ask you to leave my office, at least for the time being. I have a few things I need to attend to."

Val stood up and escorted her to the door and watched her until she was down the hall, then quickly ducked back into his office then closed and locked the door. He hurried back behind his desk and pulled open the bottom drawer. A lone laptop sat in there. This laptop had never been connected to the network at anytime, so all the information in here could only be taken directly from the laptop itself. Turning it on, Val quickly went over the twenty or so files that were there, and deleted all but two of them. Once that was finished, he copied one file to one disk, and the second to a second disk. He put one of the disks in the top drawer of his desk and slipped a few papers over it. The second disk he put into the inner pocket of his trench coat. He didn't care if Jyotika got the designs for his person MS, Val had planned on showing those anyway, which was the data on the disk in his desk. But there was no way that Val was going to let anyone else get the information on the second disk. No one else had seen that file, not even James. And Val would die before he let anyone find out that he had a younger sister or her address, which was the information on the second disk.

After going over the laptop several more times to makes sure that those two files were completely erased with no trace, Val dropped the laptop on the ground and brought his heal down hard onto it, shatting the keyboard, sending keys flying, and breaking the motherboard into at least two pieces. He let out a deep sigh and wondered if Takimi had returned to his office door to listen in on what he was doing, if, in fact that's why she was here. Jyotika could have just handed her services over for a few days as a gesture of good faith. But Val wasn't about to take that chance. 'Because if I had a girl like that' Val thought, 'I'd be hard pressed to just turn her over to someone else, especially someone I don't know.'

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jyotika on Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:56 pm

"Well, feel free to do whatever it is you stayed here to do, but I'm afraid I must ask you to leave my office, at least for the time being. I have a few things I need to attend to."

This was an opportunity that Takimi had been waiting for. She meandered her way back to the helicopter where she retrieved the zip drives and a change of clothing.

She made her way past the recreation hall, where more than a few men stopped to gawk at her passing by, and went into Val's house. Inside the sparsely furnished house was a lavish bathroom containing the one thing she had wanted to see all her life.

A bath.

As a little girl, in the streets of Japan, she had raised herself off of yen coins dropped in the street. People where she was could afford to drop yen for poor little girls, because they were usually on their way to the Yonomata bathhouses. Takimi's young life was marked with the warmth of spring water and the slight sulfurous smell that lingered with it. She herself had never been to the bathhouse, since it was a luxury that only the affluent could afford.

Turning on the water as hot as it would go, Takimi watched in silence as the tub filled itself. It certainly wasn't as big as the baths at Yonomata, but it was large enough for her to sit in the warm water and stretch her legs, which was a welcome relief from automated showers that the homeless shelters had provided and the even smaller military ones the Jyotika favored.

Unwrapping herself from her business suit, Takimi slid herself into the steaming water. It was a wonderful feeling, something she had wanted to do for so long...

Something she had wanted...

There was a knock on the bathroom door that startled Takimi, she leapt up with a start, sloshing water in the tub and spilling it on the tiled floor.

"Takimi, are you in there? Just telling you that your bed is ready. James will be sleeping on the couch and you'll be in his room. I'm off to bed now, good night."

Takimi slid down into the water until it was just below her eyes. Sitting there, holding her breath, she rebuked herself for losing focus on the task at hand. Jyotika had hit her for less than that before, and with something this critical, he'd have her head.

Suddenly the bath didn't seem as relaxing as before.

Letting the water drain, Takimi stood up and dried herself before wrapping up in one of the soft white towels. She picked up her business suit, her casual outfit, and the zip drives hidden between the two. She made her way down the hallway, going into James' room. Putting on her undergarments, she set the alarm clock for early morning, hid the zip drives between the matresses, and snuggled under the soft covers. It was a wonderful bed, certainly more comfortable than the cot she had at her quarters...

Before she could think on it any further, sleep overcame her.

Jyotika
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:47 am

Once this take with the laptop was finished, Val shut down his computer and left his office, bound for the house. Walking down the street he let out a sigh and his mind began to wander. It had been a long time since there was anyone new on the base, let alone a woman that was as stunningly beautiful as Tikimi was. He shook his head at the thought. She was here on business from Jyotika, that was all. Letting out a sigh he entered the front door and headed up to the third floor where his and James' rooms were, though Val had forced James to find somewhere else in the house to spend the night, not that it would be that hard seeing as there were three floors with only a few rooms actually in use. The two rooms that he and James used, the three bathrooms, one on each floor, the kitchen, the two rooms on either side of the front door, and the bar and billiard room. Other than that, the rooms stood empty and unused. So James could just spend a few nights in another room. No reason to force Takimi to use a room that wasn't completely furnished. Reaching the third floor he saw the bathroom door was closed. He went up to it and knocked softly.

"Takimi, are you in there? Just telling you that your bed is ready. James will be sleeping on the couch and you'll be in his room. I'm off to bed now, good night."

After he spoke he turned and headed for his own room, which was two doors down from the bathroom and opposite James' room. Tossing his trench coat onto the back of a chair, he quickly kicked off his boots and pulled off his shirt, then fell backwards onto the bed. Maybe tonight sleep would come easily. And it did.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jyotika on Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:57 am

The red numbers read 7:00am when the clock started blaring its alarm. Jyotika reached out from under his sheets and turned it off. Had it been four hours already?

His mind forcing his body out of bed, he dressed himself and made his way to the dining hall. He wondered for a moment where his breakfast was before remembering that Takimi was out doing reconnisaince. He fixed himself a quick bowl of bland cereal and went into his office.

First thing on the agenda was news. Checking the articles, Jyotika found very little mention of him in the international sections, but he was the only topic in national and local sections of Asian newspapers... some of the Australian papers had forgotten to mention him as well.

It was good, yet at the same time disappointing. He had hoped that he would gain some international recognition for his accomplishment of uniting the Asian nations into one coherent group, but he accepted that for his overall goals, great amounts of publicity would be a hinderance.

No longer looking for his name, he began searching other newspapers from other nations for their local and national news. Nothing too out of the ordinary, many things that were to be expected in wartime; New York Harbor was being rebuilt, the shuttle crash near Lake Victoria in Africa was being investigated- Wait, here was something interesting. In South America, the entire continent was under the rule of a man named Warrius who had taken the country in a violent takeover in a mobile suit that some accounts claimed to be a Gundam. This could be a very good first step to getting another large, feuding populace under his control... if he could "liberate" South America from Warrius' iron grip, they'd blindly unite in thanks for their freedom.

Jyotika kept in mind that he would have to plan Warrius' execution as soon as he had enough MS constructed to defeat him.

A shadow in the corner moved.

Jyotika looked up and saw Ka standing in the darkest corner of the room, blending in and out of the shadows, like a dark cloud against the night sky.

"What brings you here, Ka?"

The black-clad man looked in the direction of the corner Takimi usually stood in.

"Ah, Takimi is currently on assignment. She went with Val to his base to recover some information. Would you like to keep an eye on her?"

Ka nodded his assent. Jyotika found this strange forwardness (well, forward for a man who never spoke) uncharacteristic.

"Are you doubting Takimi's ability to complete her mission?"

Ka shook his head. He slid his finger across his throat.

"You're afraid that she's in danger."

That wasn't a question. Jyotika knew perfectly well what Ka was worried about. He knew the risks of sending a woman to do espionage. They were strange, emotional creatures that would eventually lose focus and go about their feminine duties, forgetting their mission entirely, Takimi was a very focused woman through her training as a slave, but she wouldn't be a slave where she was, and that might be enough to distract her from the mission.

"Very well. Make your way to Val's headquarters. Do not get caught. If you find Takimi straying from her duties, make her have an accident."

Ka bowed and melted into the shadows, there was a breeze, and he was gone.

Jyotika couldn't help but repress a shiver, Ka's abilities always impressed him.

Jyotika
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.