Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Blue and Grey (American Civil War RP Interest Check)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Blue and Grey (American Civil War RP Interest Check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:19 pm

Blue and Grey
The Story of a Union-occupied Conferedate Town

Before I put too much effort into the aesthetics and details of this RP I just wondered if there was even any interested in the idea! Taking inspiration from the PBS show Mercy Street, we'll find a handful of characters thrust together by circumstance. Most of the action will take place in a Union hospital and a throughout this Union-occupied town in the South. Confederates and Union Soldiers, slaves and free African Americans, the rich and the poor. All walks of life. The drama would be stirred by the opposing views of doctors, nurses, townsfolk, business owners, etc. For example, an abolitionist doctor might refuse to perform surgery on a Confederate Soldier. Or perhaps a wealthy plantation owner refuses medical attention from Union doctors. Union officers might force a Confederate home to host a social event for the Union soldiers.

Social issues also arose at the time. Many southern homes served as bases for the union soldiers while the owners were still present. Young Confederate daughters falling for Union soldiers, brothers being swayed to the other side. Rebels betraying each other by signing allegiance to the Union. Then, of course, there is the issue of identity at the time. Someone of the Confederate Army could be disguised as someone else. Deceit, deception, action, romance, and more! Oh my!

There are several nuanced issues of the time that could sew together an exciting and complex roleplay. With the right writers, I think it could evolve into something really amazing!

Looking for more literal writers, a couple of paragraphs with details would do. Most importantly, people who create and unafraid to progress the story. Let me know what ya'll think, and whether or not you might be interested!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years
Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Blue and Grey (American Civil War RP Interest Check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wandie230 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:09 am

I would totally be interested in something like this. I'm actually kind of disappointed not to see more interest in it. Either way hit me up if you decide to move forward or come up with any other historical rp. I may be new here but I'm capable and a fast learner.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wandie230
Member for 5 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Author Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!