Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism »

Players Wanted: Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution »

Border Between Game and Reality ((MMO RP))

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Border Between Game and Reality ((MMO RP))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yamada on Mon May 14, 2012 5:08 am

This is a re-make of a roleplay I had, which died because of lags which were on the site. However I have made some changes since.

The world of gaming... once in the past, you were all alone in the game, against computers of all kinds. Then, the invention of Multiplayer came, and connected players inside the game, against the game or against themselves. Now, with creativity is at its best, Virtual Reality Multiplayer Games are here. The first, and most successful VRMG, is where this roleplay is based.
The game is called Eternita, and it acts like a second world; A second life... ... except for a few changes. The first thing you'll notice is, that the players' form in real life, and their form in the game, are totally different, of course. Actually, the players can decide their own look at the game, including hairstyle, height, etc. What they don't decide, is a gadget which is attached to their arm, receiving messages from other players, and even video chat in real time. The players can decide its color and choose from several shapes though.
The creator of the game (or at least the head of the programming and the head of the company which released the game), known as "O" in the game, created the game not only as a basic roleplaying game with dungeons, but also as a meeting place to hang out, and meet new friends. He also tried his best to include a large variation of places, in several themes.
(Why "O"? 2 reasons for that. one of them is, that O sometimes means 0, and he is actually player number 0 in the game. The other reason is, that "Ou" in Japanese means "King", and he is the 'king' of the game.)

The game may seem attractive, but it has it's dirty secrets too. And they are very dirty, if:
-The restricted areas guarded by NPCs programmed to shoot anyone who crosses a specific line towards them;
-The suspicious amount of data sent from your PC to the game;
-The girl who ran away from somewhere in the game, and being chased down by the whole three guilds in the game instead of the girl logging out or the admins simply giving her a ban or something like that.
... are to be believed.

I planned this roleplay to be kind of anime style, but for now, it's an interest check. Read and tell me what do you think.
Heaven or hell?
If you won't fight, you'll never know.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

yamada
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Border Between Game and Reality ((MMO RP))

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Howl_asura on Wed May 16, 2012 5:56 pm

it peaks my interest and it seems to remind me of something from long ago.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Howl_asura
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Worldsastage on Wed May 16, 2012 11:42 pm

I like it. I would definitely join something like this.

Worldsastage
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yamada on Thu May 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Thanks for the replies. I will wait one more day for more comments, and then open the RP.

yamada
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Sat May 19, 2012 12:16 am

I'd wait to see a bit more to make a decision, sounds interesting though.

El_Gringo
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yamada on Sat May 19, 2012 7:30 am

The RP is open, dear players! you are free to sign up for the mmo, and log in~

The RP is here.

yamada
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:58 am

Hey there, role-players!

Now that there is IC content attached to this thread, it no longer belongs in the Interest Checks forum. Did the GM already make a thread in the Roleplayers Wanted forum? Otherwise, this should be either moved there, or a similar thread should be made.

-VV

ViceVersus
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!