Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Born With the Wrong Name

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Born With the Wrong Name

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Twain Solemnheart on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:03 am

Well, the title pretty much states it all.

Howdy folks, my name is Zack, but once I get things sorted out you can call me Tempest. Long story short, jokes were made at school and some how that's my super hero name. In all reality, I'm not complaining. It sounds pretty cool, doesn't it?

I've been roleplaying for quite a while, though I can't exactly peg a number. I want to say six or seven years, but I can't be sure. It might be more, might be less. Although, I do know I've been on GaiaOnline for the past five years, and am now branching out to find people dedicated and interested enough in my ideas to help me out with siphoning through the hodge-podge rubble of my world.

If there's anything more you'd like to know, feel free to comment or get a hold of me!

Oh, and any admins, please help. I want to change my name real quick >.>

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Twain Solemnheart
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Born With the Wrong Name

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:02 pm

Mark Twain? Is that you?

I'm kidding, it's nice to meet you Zack. The name's Vince. Tempest is your super hero name eh? Yeah I suppose I have one as well, mine is Hazard. Yeah, I'm not complaining about mine either. Your name sounds cool, mine sounds cool, we should hang out.

Another Gaia eh? Yeah there's no short supply of ex-Gaia peeps here. However, they've all become RPGers, and hopefully you will as well.

Well, tell us a bit about yourself, I guess. What are you doing on Thanksgiving? (You don't actually have to answer that. I just got the idea from a Conan O'Brien blooper reel - he is hilarious.)

What genres do you enjoy?

Name change eh? Don't worry we gotchu.

On behalf of everyone here at RPG, RolePlayGateway, we are solemn to have you. (See what I did there? XD)

- VindicatedPurpose
RolePlayGateway Scholar
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Twain Solemnheart on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:08 pm

We should hang out. Go fight crime and... Superhero... Stuff... I guess. Maybe? I don't know. Could be fun.

As for Thanksgiving, like all good holidays, I plan on saying a fond farewell to any self respect I have and stuffing my face until arbitrary parts of me start to rupture from excessive ham, turkey, cranberry, and stuffing intake. Oh, and mashed potatoes. Living in Idaho, that's ritualistic, it is.

As far as genres are concerned, I like a lot. Action, romance, fantasy, horror, survival, horror survival, all these things thrown together make me a happy happy man. Oh, and sci-fi. I wouldn't be anywhere without my RIG and plasma cutter.

And thank you for helping me out with that name change, although rightly I haven't a clue as to how we'll be going about that or where to go.

Twain Solemnheart
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:50 pm

Could be fun. We can...talk about our failed relationships...like many other superheroes.

Ah yes, the annual self-stuffing. Self-respect needs a break at some point. I mean it works a 16 hour shift.

Cool cool. I don't ever leave home without my omni-tool.

Don't worry, I've sent a report to PMs regarding this, they'll be on it as soon as they're available.

My first advice is that you get ten posts in the forums under your belt so that you can activate your personal messaging privileges. If you have already done so, then you can try pming the admins or mods about a name change.

Tiko, Modesty, or anybody with red and green usernames will be the people to see.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!